Trahearne

Trahearne

in Sylvari

Posted by: Reevac.1748

Reevac.1748

He is classified as a necro. I don’t think I have ever seen him do a Single necro skill. Correct me if I’m wrong though.

Trahearne

in Sylvari

Posted by: Sialor.7396

Sialor.7396

Have you seen him doing any skills at all though? He does Necrotic Grasp if he feels like it.

Trahearne

in Sylvari

Reevac.1748

Seen him do warrior skills but yes 90% of the time he just derps around.

Trahearne

in Sylvari

Posted by: Illushia.3721

Illushia.3721

He is classified as a necro. I don’t think I have ever seen him do a Single necro skill. Correct me if I’m wrong though.

He uses his necro skills most of the time.

Until he gets Caladbolg, that is. And that weapon takes precedence over his own skills because presumably it’s so strong.

Still doesn’t stop him from faceplanting a lot in the personal story though.

The Treesong Calling. Tarnished Coast RP.
http://treesongcalling.com/

Trahearne

in Sylvari

Posted by: Erushii.5208

Erushii.5208

Doesn’t he summon minions? I remember noticing he was a necro even before anything has been said about it

Trahearne

in Sylvari

Illushia.3721

Doesn’t he summon minions? I remember noticing he was a necro even before anything has been said about it

Before he gets Caladbolg there’s quite a few times that he summons minions. And he does it afterward at least once that I know of.

When you need some ‘backup’ getting out of a cave, he summons about 9 Flesh Golems at once.

Trahearne

in Sylvari

Posted by: Mike.9185

Mike.9185

I hate that guy most boring voice ive ever heard.

Trahearne

in Sylvari

Reevac.1748

I’m not a fan of my Sylvari’s male voice. Yes its a good voice but being a necro it’s to cheery lol.

Trahearne

in Sylvari

Illushia.3721

I actually really like Trahearne, but I am apparently in the minority and that’s fine.

Trahearne

in Sylvari

Reevac.1748

I don’t think he’s bad. I dislike Logan way more.

Trahearne

in Sylvari

Illushia.3721

I had to do a dungeon with Logan last night and it seems like all he does is “JENNA JENNA JENNA JENNA” or whatever her name is.

Trahearne

in Sylvari

Posted by: Nickleson.7851

Nickleson.7851

Logan Man’s up towards the end of the storyline.

As for Trahearne, he does Necro skills and attacks all the time. He does indeed summon 9 flesh golems at one point to “escape” and If you play as a sylvari you get to use Caladbolg at one point. The sword does indeed replace all your skills, you get sort of elemental based attacks that fly off your sword as well as whirling wrath.

Trahearne

in Sylvari

Illushia.3721

There is a melee attack in there too, but it’s mostly like a hybrid caster/melee sword.

Trahearne

in Sylvari

Posted by: riku.2091

riku.2091

I actually really like Trahearne, but I am apparently in the minority and that’s fine.

Same here! I dunno why I like him. I just do.

Trahearne

in Sylvari

Reevac.1748

He has a sexy voice? There is an accent in it. That could be why.

Trahearne

in Sylvari

Illushia.3721

I like his character.

Trahearne

in Sylvari

Posted by: Poplik.8697

Poplik.8697

he’s a boring do-good

I hate that every companion I have has to die just so I can end up with this guy again

Trahearne

in Sylvari

Posted by: Acaelus Thorne.3862

Acaelus Thorne.3862

I like him… haha, maybe because am playing as sylvari that why. He does cast some of the is spells. i have see him summon minions

Trahearne

in Sylvari

Posted by: Jenosavel.1756

Jenosavel.1756

It’s gotta be his voice. I love him too. His personality and appearance sure don’t seem to be particularly great, but for some reason I just can’t get enough of him.

...definitely the voice.

Although after a while his other aspects are growing on me. You have to admit, cleansing Orr sounds like a rather kitten job to have to wake up to.

Leaves and Embers - a fan written GW2 novel (complete!)
Servants of Fortuna [SoF] - We serve fortuna; may she grant us a smile.

Trahearne

in Sylvari

Posted by: El Spartin.1892

El Spartin.1892

I like him more than Logan. But that isn’t saying much, since I really dislike Logan

Trahearne

in Sylvari

Posted by: Tinni.4351

Tinni.4351

I am with the minority about Trahearne. I like the guy.

Although, I am with the majority when it comes to Logan. Now I really regret helping Gwen and Keiran get married.

My brain is shagging under the weight of changes… having six characters was not a good idea!

Trahearne

in Sylvari

Posted by: SunRain.8972

SunRain.8972

i honestly even though Trahearne is one of those Charecters that are hard to relate to because he almost doesn’t have a background to himself
all is known about him he bares a slight grudge against Asuras for experamenting on his race, his slightly a book worm for studying and tries to be very nuetral.
(he repersent Switzerland in the game!)
i think they needed to round him up abit like they done with to afew other charecter the only problem i have with him he barely has personality to himself.

“From the place where we are right
Flowers will never grow
In the spring.” – Yehuda Amichai

Trahearne

in Sylvari

riku.2091

i honestly even though Trahearne is one of those Charecters that are hard to relate to because he almost doesn’t have a background to himself
all is known about him he bares a slight grudge against Asuras for experamenting on his race, his slightly a book worm for studying and tries to be very nuetral.
(he repersent Switzerland in the game!)
i think they needed to round him up abit like they done with to afew other charecter the only problem i have with him he barely has personality to himself.

He is one of the first born, has a grudge against the Asura, is an expert on Orr, and his Wyld Hunt, which is pretty much his reason for being alive, is to restore Orr to its prior non-zombified glory. He’s only 25 and spent most of his time alone.

Trahearne

in Sylvari

Posted by: Katai.6240

Katai.6240

He does summon minions if you select the Priory Branch on the last Sylvari specific story quest. He summons a minion to show you traps.

Trahearne

in Sylvari

Posted by: Windwalker.2047

Windwalker.2047

We need an option to leave him to die somewhere-have him sacrifice himself instead of the actually interesting people

Trahearne

in Sylvari

riku.2091

We need an option to leave him to die somewhere-have him sacrifice himself instead of the actually interesting people

Or…you know. Give the Devs some actual feedback on improving him. But where’s the fun in not destroying someone else’s work to entertain you?

Trahearne

in Sylvari

Illushia.3721

The only thing I think he really needs improvement on is some of his VA lines. Things where he’s supposed to get louder… he doesn’t. He just kinda says it the same volume but in the same way you would if you wanted to get louder.

Trahearne

in Sylvari

Posted by: Nimmi.1650

Nimmi.1650

When I played Charr and got up to the part where I met Trahearne, I didn’t like him all that much. Now that I’ve played Sylvari, his character appeals to me a lot more. Especially after finding a bit of information about his back story online. He’s actually a pretty interesting fellow. It’s too bad you don’t really get to see that side of him in-game. :)

Trahearne

in Sylvari

Posted by: lambofodd.7640

lambofodd.7640

When we were retaking Claw Island, I recall seeing him with some minions.

He who made kittens put snakes in the grass.

Trahearne

in Sylvari

Posted by: Phrixscreoth.6895

Phrixscreoth.6895

When I played Charr and got up to the part where I met Trahearne, I didn’t like him all that much. Now that I’ve played Sylvari, his character appeals to me a lot more. Especially after finding a bit of information about his back story online. He’s actually a pretty interesting fellow. It’s too bad you don’t really get to see that side of him in-game.

That’s one of the things I like about this game, it’s got a lot of focus on people’s stories so a character you meet randomly is almost definitely to have some sort of interesting background, even if your character doesn’t find out about it over the course of their journey. Such is life.

Although I’ve been hearing about people not being recognized when they should be. I played a sylvari first time and didn’t notice anything wrong at claw island meeting traherne, personally. I could have missed it. I feel like that’s a bug personally.

Trahearne

in Sylvari

Posted by: yandere.9176

yandere.9176

I think Trahearne was a pretty good idea. He gives the Pact a face. Yes he is a bit boring, but that give other people the possibility to shine.
And seriously he somehow got Sayeh al’Rajihd indepted. He can’t be that bad.

I somehow have the sudden urge to write Trahearne Sayeh lovestory O_o

Desolation – Mistress of significance level

Trahearne

in Sylvari

Illushia.3721

We really don’t need Sylvari/Tali-looking-thing slashfics. =p

Trahearne

in Sylvari

Posted by: Sylv.5324

Sylv.5324

I like him. <3

I also like his voice, he sounds like a documentarian whose name I can’t remember.

Ardeth, Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast

Trahearne

in Sylvari

Posted by: Sarisa.4731

Sarisa.4731

During BWE3, he was in a few of my story missions during the 11-20 range. I chose “Where life goes”.

During those missions, he did use a fair bit of Necro skills, including minions and wells. He was also a useful distraction and actually contributed well to battle.

I was quite disappointed on live (on my norn), how little he contributed during the actual combat phases once he joined my story missions.

As for his personality, no strong opinion either way.

Lille of the Valley [WHIP]

Trahearne

in Sylvari

Posted by: yandere.9176

yandere.9176

My theorie is still that he became useless in combat once he got Caladbolg. His moves look effective but are mostly useless.

Desolation – Mistress of significance level

Trahearne

in Sylvari

Posted by: Mike.9185

Mike.9185

the writer that made his lines is horrible tbh. very very cliche and BORING dialog spoken in this really boring 1 tone voice with no emotion in it whatsoever.

when he’s ordering a charge he just says “charge..” like he’s just sitting there flipping through a magazine and eating a biscuit. he should be like “CHARGE!!!!!!!!!!”

no emotion. no passion. just boring

Trahearne

in Sylvari

Reevac.1748

Just finished my entire story. I love how you help him complete his Wyld Hunt and your there with him and usually doing all the work for him the entire time. Then it’s time to complete yours and he’s nowhere to be found.

Trahearne

in Sylvari

Posted by: fractalKinesis.8569

fractalKinesis.8569

Trahearne was alright to me, I didn’t really mind. Though sometimes he did seem a bit weak and flaky.
“My Wyld Hunt is over! Wat do, bigger hero?” Jerk, help me kill the kitten dragon, that’s why we’re mired kitten deep in slaughtered zombies.
Honestly, I would have preferred Trahearne die, and Sieran survives to take up Caladbolg and become a kitten. But I’m weird like that.

Xiro, High Five Warriors [HFW], Jade Quarry

Trahearne

in Sylvari

Posted by: Nageth.5648

Nageth.5648

I was super annoyed that Sieran went and offed herself.

Trahearne

in Sylvari

Posted by: fractalKinesis.8569

fractalKinesis.8569

Yeah, what was up with that? How effective could that possibly have been?
Stupid, pointless… and completely expected. Anet always does this, in every story they make. It doesn’t feel epic or tragic. It feels entirely predictable and trite.

I really want to use that Amulet of Balthazar and wreck up more zombies though.

Xiro, High Five Warriors [HFW], Jade Quarry

Trahearne

in Sylvari

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

If ANET wants to improve him in the expansions, they need to do the following things:

1. Make us leader. Make Trahearne the Tactician. Trahearne is a clueless scholar who always consulted with you about the options before missions. How incompetent can he be as leader? Why not make him the tactician since that is what he does best, while we lead through the strategies?

2. Tell us Trahearne as a person. We know he is a firstborn and Orr scholar, but what kind of person is he? Hobbies, for example.

3. Give him more emotion and character development. As it stands, he remains blank even when his fellow Sylvari die. What could an Elder Dragon do to impact him so personally that he breaks down because of it? What could happen to him to change his outlook on life and personality as a character?

4. Have him help the player more. Most players complain he is useless during the story, and didn’t even help fight Zhaitan. Even Logan redeemed himself in the end when he brought out the biggass ship during the Zhaitan fight! So give Trahearne a more helpful role in the storyline to help you rather than tell you what to do.

5. Give him less spotlight. Players hate him. You can’t force people to like him by shoving him down our throats. But you can subtly change our minds if he takes a more backseat role.

Trahearne

in Sylvari

Posted by: Nageth.5648

Nageth.5648

Yeah, what was up with that? How effective could that possibly have been?
Stupid, pointless… and completely expected. Anet always does this, in every story they make. It doesn’t feel epic or tragic. It feels entirely predictable and trite.

I really want to use that Amulet of Balthazar and wreck up more zombies though.

It was more how her combat ability was only slightly better than Trahearne’s. She probably lasted all of 5 seconds after that door closed.

Trahearne

in Sylvari

Posted by: Redamz.5038

Redamz.5038

I hate this guy. He steals all my glory…

Tegwen: Trahearne saved me from the mirror a long time ago.

No mention to me that recovered the mirror, fought the risen and did all the job while Trahearne only used a magic spell. (and that only if you chose him over the Asura engineer)
I know that maybe this dialog is generic to all the races, but it need to be changed for Sylvari that did participate in this event in the early personal story.

Trahearne

in Sylvari

Posted by: Katai.6240

Katai.6240

It was really awkward being introduced to Trahearne after already meeting him >_>

Trahearne

in Sylvari

Posted by: Gawna.6519

Gawna.6519

What is with him? Jennah don’t leave me! Jennah, where are you going? Jennah, will you call me later? JENNAH I ONLY HIT YOU BECAUSE I LOVE YOU

Gawna . Gawnaball . Gawnapewpew . Gawnapick . Mamadapolis
NSFW : Dragonbrand

Trahearne

in Sylvari

Reevac.1748

I hope he doesn’t appear much in the coming personal story for the new content.

Trahearne

in Sylvari

Posted by: darcdante.2753

darcdante.2753

It was really awkward being introduced to Trahearne after already meeting him >_>

Yeah, I hope they fix that at some point.

It kind of worked, if I just suspended my disbelief for a bit. Tybalt introduced us, and Trahearne didn’t say anything in response, so I just assumed Tybalt wasn’t aware that we’d already met.

Small gripe though. I still love the personal story quests.

Trahearne

in Sylvari

Posted by: Sera.6539

Sera.6539

I hate this guy. He steals all my glory…

Tegwen: Trahearne saved me from the mirror a long time ago.

No mention to me that recovered the mirror, fought the risen and did all the job while Trahearne only used a magic spell. (and that only if you chose him over the Asura engineer)
I know that maybe this dialog is generic to all the races, but it need to be changed for Sylvari that did participate in this event in the early personal story.

It feels even worse if you chose the Asura path. Tegwen says Trahearne saved her despite the choice. And it’s like they just met you for the first time. Just… what the hell Trahearne. D :<

Gelda Nebilim – Nagare [NGE] – Crystal Desert
http://youtube.com/user/Royblazer

Trahearne

in Sylvari

Posted by: gurugeorge.9857

gurugeorge.9857

I like Trahearne the character. I like Trahearne the handy Necro kitten Warrior NPC companion.

I also like Trahearne’s voice actor. I just think the voice actor was given poor direction (i.e. wasn’t given context for the emotional tone of the voice-overs he was doing).

Trahearne

in Sylvari

Posted by: Laufey.5129

Laufey.5129

Hm, I distinctly remember seeing him use necro skills early on, as others have pointed out. Later on, he just uses Caladbog.

I really like him. I don’t know, he doesn’t feel “blank” to me at all, just very lonely and not used to dealing with other people/sylvari since he spent so much time on his own. (In Orr, no less.) Hence the somber tone and “lack of emotion”.

I also like the voice acting a lot. I was quite happy that he came along on so many story missions, he really grew on me.

Now, Logan on the other hand…