Posted by: oei.6954

oei.6954

haha brought it from ArenaNet… still have the email… T_T

Please help !!!!

Blocked/Suspended/Terminated -- Player Comments

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Ferry Gunawan.1730

Ferry Gunawan.1730

why my account?? I hit suspend but I’ve a week can not go. why to me I?? I am confused what should I do, I want to play again as soon as possible please to be fixed my account. may god bless thanks arena.net.

oei.6954

@Lady Fazeldo I agreed with you.

I don’t understand too.

Posted by: WanQuiSheR.2734

WanQuiSheR.2734

I’m glad i’m not alone, I’ve been getting this error for the past 1-2 hours,and the funny part is I haven’t been using any kind of programs that would help me progress in game or anything of that kind.
I haven’t sold any gold nor bought (goes for items too)
This is strange anet please be careful when banning people that haven’t done anything which would violate the game rules.
I hope i get unbanned as soon as possible.

Posted by: MIZERI.3867

MIZERI.3867

Hacked, robbed banned and now 6 days later Restored.

Well My account finally got restored.. wit no explanation of course… and no compensations for my pain and suffering…. LLS… o well… at least its Friday and when i come home from work i can finally enjoy my $. Good luck to everyone else who’s waiting to get back in after being Hacked, Robbed & Banned .

Tips: I only submitted 3 ticket with my main info that they asked for, I’m sure all extra unnecessary information gets in the way of progress.

USE A TOTALLY DIFFERENT PASSWORD… PERIOD!!!

Dont get hacked again, cause honestly.. part of the blame was on us as gammers to mix it up and secure our stuff on our end.

Have a good day people and good luck

Posted by: DakotaMoonstar.2947

DakotaMoonstar.2947

I figured I would post here. On October 26 I tried to log in and was informed I was banned for Engaging or assisting with gold or items sales for Real money. I was pretty insulted as I did no such thing. The only thing I am guilty of is receiving ingredients that my husband found on his account or Items from my guildmates. As far as I know that is NOT against the TOS. I filed a support ticket right away and I have updated it the other day. I have heard nothing nor can I log into the game. I am losing hope. Missing out on all the Halloween activity. I don’t know what else to do.

Posted by: Zaken.1806

Zaken.1806

@oei
If you switched from Cable to FiOs, your IP would have changed and you should have gotten an email form ANet to authorize the new IP login. Did you get that email ?

@ Ferry Gunawan/WanQuiSheR

Submit a ticket if you have not done so already.

@MIZERI
Your account was banned because you were hacked and the hacker probably used your account for gold selling and stuff, hence no compensation since it’s not ANet’s fault you were hacked. I know at the moment they have no tool to restore items to characters so I wish you the best getting back into game. Use Authenticator if you have not.

@Dakota
Are any of your guildmates banned ? One thing I can think of might be someone who is involved in RMT sent you stuff and you were dragged into the mess. If your ticket is more than 3 days old, post it in the sticky thread for review.

oei.6954

@Zaken I did… but right after I authorise my new IP and tried to login… I get to know that my account is banned. I did not received any IP alert that are not triggered by me too. I did not use any bot program or macro.. My main character took nearly 2 months to reach 80… and no more than 15g…

I really wonder what makes them terminate my account for no warning at all…

WanQuiSheR.2734

@Zaken I did,still waiting for a reply from the support team :/

Zaken.1806

@oei
Your main is not a ranger or warrior I hope ?

Posted by: Perim.8563

Perim.8563

Happened to me yesterday too. I tried to log in last night and a black screen came up saying I was banned for assisting in gold selling. I’ve gone out of my way to report every chat/mail spammer I’ve seen, and loads of bot trains as well. I’ve never bought or sold any gold. Logging on the website here to see my login history didn’t give me anything useful, I just see the last login attempt from me a few minutes ago and that’s all it shows.

The less than helpful links on that black screen say “We exercise careful judgment in every case in which an account is terminated.” Obviously this is false. I think anyone peeking at my chat history would realize I’m human. Anyone following me around would realize I’m human. I don’t think a bot would fail for hours at the clocktower, or try to have fun in wvw when not interrupted by patches and queues. I haven’t been to frostgorge in a week at least. I went to Orr a few days ago to try and help someone do the balthazar event and it was the first time I’d been back there in at least a month. I think the most expensive thing I’ve ever mailed was a rare dye to a friend that would have gone for 2g on the tp. Maybe someone reported my naked low level alts trying to get the halloween books?

Whatever, at this point it sounds like some people are getting their accounts back. I at least have some faith it’ll happen. I had hoped to have some fun tonight on wvw reset, and it’s looking like that won’t happen. This whole week has had my wvw interrupted by a patch shortly after I start playing. I have limited bandwidth and it takes a while to get patched. Now this happens.. I’m happy that there are/will be less bots in the game, but not at the expense of my playing time. If there is even a slim chance that some automated system is marking false positives for botting or gold selling, then it should not be completely automated. If a real person did actually review this first, then they are clearly not doing their job.

Braïn – Engi, Mimirr – War
[HOPE] – Fort Aspenwood Sea of Sorrows

oei.6954

nope… Guardian…. ~~: but playing warrior and mesmer using daily quest to lvl it … around lv 15 war and lv 16…

oei.6954

Sound like Zaken is a GM in disguise! =D

Zaken.1806

@DakotaMoonstar
If your ticket is more than 3 days old, post the ticket number here https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/Tickets-for-Review-3-days-and-older-merged/page/41#post611236

@oei
Nope, just a player who is bored at work and lurk the forum LOL. Unless you are just so unlucky and were around a bunch of bots and was mistaken by other players to be part of the bot group and reported by error. I can’t know think of any more possibilities why you were banned for botting XD.

I hope you can get it sort out soon though.

Posted by: kev.8549

kev.8549

It’s been a week, and I still have no idea what happened to my account, and I have no proper response from ANet support. I have been sending them emails from time to time, asking them for an update, and still no response.

It’s been 8 days now, and my account case is not yet resolved. I filed a ticket earlier than my guildmates (about 4 of them) regarding this Error 45 thing and they already have fixed their issues. Some are back in the game already. And I’m here left, waiting…

I’m getting frustrated every single day. I get to file a ticket first, I get the service last? This is really bad. :|

121027-000347

Posted by: Angry Loner.6571

Angry Loner.6571

Because these are compromised accounts and they are spamming chat and mail.

Posted by: Cerebus.4861

Cerebus.4861

@Angry Loner

Actually, a good number of us here had our accounts banned without spamming chat or mail. A lot of botting bans were handed out without justification.

Posted by: KkplL.3712

KkplL.3712

Hello i had some problems with my network lately, and i didnt play gw in a while, i wanna know why my account was suspended and for what? I didnt do anything bad, just had a problem with my network something about my IP keep changing. I want to know the reason for the suspension because i payed money to play this game and i have this right I DIDNT DO ANYTHING BAD.

Posted by: Vambrace.8675

Vambrace.8675

I logged into the forums to post from my work Laptop which is on an out of state Network and will kick back with several different IP addresses…Immediately after I was banned for Botting, Third party programs, extended unattended play etc….I see others have had a similar scenario occur. Sounds like If you ping their authentication system with multiple IP addresses you will trigger their security and get banned.

I have also been severly edited by the moderators of this forum who apperently dont like my attitude on the topic of their over achieving security, and slow follow up CS.

Every day that goes by my opnion of Anet gets a little lower…Way to hose your customers and then start running damage control on the forums when someone says something you dont like…This is a joke. A joke that cost me 60 bucks…Anet I hope you can imagine the amount of bad press Im going to hand out for a very long time…and keep black bagging my posts or just suspend my forum rights…Its the only way Ill stop and I cant get into the game I paid for so you might as well double tap me…..

Anvil Rock

Posted by: Dr Mr Face.3782

Dr Mr Face.3782

Hey, I can`t login to the the game browser, every time I try I get the improper information screen. I know my password is right since I can login to this account management but I also can`t recover my account or reset the password from the game browser. When I do it just says Failure, I also haven`t received any notification that I am banned or suspended.

Zaken.1806

If you have friends in game, I would ask them via email or other method you can find them and ask if they see your account is online. Your account might be hacked.

Also, submit a ticket if you have not done it yet.

Zaken.1806

Submit a ticket and wait for support is the first thing you should do if there is nothing telling you why you were banned when you tried to login.

WanQuiSheR.2734

I logged into the forums to post from my work Laptop which is on an out of state Network and will kick back with several different IP addresses…Immediately after I was banned for Botting, Third party programs, extended unattended play etc….I see others have had a similar scenario occur. Sounds like If you ping their authentication system with multiple IP addresses you will trigger their security and get banned.

I have also been severly edited by the moderators of this forum who apperently dont like my attitude on the topic of their over achieving security, and slow follow up CS.

Every day that goes by my opnion of Anet gets a little lower…Way to hose your customers and then start running damage control on the forums when someone says something you dont like…This is a joke. A joke that cost me 60 bucks…Anet I hope you can imagine the amount of bad press Im going to hand out for a very long time…and keep black bagging my posts or just suspend my forum rights…Its the only way Ill stop and I cant get into the game I paid for so you might as well double tap me…..

wait u said if someone logs on your account from a different IP anet suspects that you’re doing something wrong? My brother wanted to try guild wars 2,since there’s no trail he asked me if he can play on my account i said yes (he lives in germany) i allowed access so he could play and thats it…

Zaken.1806

@WanQuiSheR
That would explain why your account was banned. Account sharing is not allowed even within family. I know people probably still do, but within the same house/IP. In your case, it was complete two IPs and constantly logging into the same account.

Posted by: Renegadeimp.8439

Renegadeimp.8439

What does the message say when you try and log in.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

I just logged into my account and was informed that it had been terminated due to “engaging in or assisting with gold or item sales for real-world money”. This is quite surprising, considering that when I last logged in (a couple of weeks ago I believe), I was at level 24 and had only been playing for a couple of days. Since I have only played on my computer and avoid engaging in password reuse, I find it hard to believe that my account has been hacked. I can only assume in that case that the issue is at Arenanet’s end.

As required, I submitted a question to the support page, and am currently waiting…
(the reference number is #121031-002881 ). The only problem is that I am waiting at a LAN party while my friends are playing next to me.

I’m sorry to say that is sounds as if your account may have been compromised during the time you were away from the game. That’s what the “symptoms” here seem to indicate.

Since you submitted a support ticket — and thank you for that — the team will help you as soon as possible.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

WanQuiSheR.2734

Kalessar don’t worry u aren’t the only one same problem same message and i havent been selling nothing :/

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Just to update you guys, the number of false positives is very low. Of course, that doesn’t make you feel better if it affects you. But do keep in mind that there are a goodly number of incidents where the account holder was not botting, but where the account was compromised and used for botting by the thief. That can’t be counted as a false positive because the account truly did need to be closed to rectify the issue and get the account back to the owner.

We’re diligent about improving the system to reduce the false positives to as close to zero as humanly possible. But please keep in mind that an account block is not personal and that compromised accounts will be blocked and then reinstated once the legitimate owner contacts us.

Lastly, I’ve noted that some of the protests here and in tickets are completely without merit. I found one individual — 100% certainly a botter — who submitted nine (9!) tickets protesting the block, and was posting frequently on the forums. Please keep this in mind — the volume of chatter does not necessarily equate to the number of innocent players (with all due respect to the innocent people!)

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: Leira.9702

Leira.9702

Hey Gaile,

thanks for your post.
The biggest problem atthe moment in my opinion is the time interval it takes to solve some problems. I dont mind being banned a day for a coincidense that made me look like a botter – for example. (as you know my problem is a different one).
If that improves the system on long term and gets bots hard to use im happy with that.

The problem ist that comminacation with support takes quiete some time for certain people. Im waiting since 28th 15:00h on german support without any response at all but the automated one. Also i am guessing that after a response ill have the same waiting time again if i have to supply additional information or want to state my opinion to the answer.

I dont know how many people encounter the longer than usual waiting time. But i guess there wont be as many complaints on a 1-day-ban.

Please note this is only a guess on how it might be and just a personal view that also might not be true. Maybe most tickets already are solved within 48 hours and i only have a different perception because of my ticket and those people who also complainabout their cases.

With lots of respect and gratitude to your work

D.

Posted by: Lady Fazeldo.2375

Lady Fazeldo.2375

Thank you Gaile for a answer, i hope you help the innocent fast to give the account back.
I missed the end of Halloween and a witch hat, the only thing i have done is stand still because mine bags were full in Mad Kings labyrinth. I don’t know if that is botting?
Tomorrow is it the third day that the account is blocked. So i hope to play soon again.

Posted by: kwdav.8526

kwdav.8526

A lot of people here are saying their receiving no info about this. not a few hours after i put in my ticket did i receive a message back being informed that actions were being taken and to provide some details (no passwords obviously).

Surprised how quick i got the responses tbh, i guess your mileage varies, just hope it doesn’t take too long to get back in the game.

Posted by: Leira.9702

Leira.9702

This response you got is automated. Nobody has looked at your ticket carfully at thatmmoment most likely.

Zaken.1806

@Lady Fazeldo

There is an NPC now dress up as Mad King in LA fountain and will give you the witch hat if you ask him for it. I think the NPC will be there for about 2 weeks. It should give you enough time to get the witch hat.

@Leira

Did you put your ticket number into the “3 days or older for review” thread ?

Lady Fazeldo.2375

That’s nice to hear! Only a broom and i am complete lol.

Posted by: Naginataka.2647

Naginataka.2647

Thank you for talking about the false positives, and its good to hear it is low, but as the above poster mentioned, the extreme wait times in complete limbo is where the problem is. Some of us missed out on the end of a one time event at no fault of our own. On top of that we still have no idea if we are even being reviewed. There are no contact numbers, no response from support, and it comes off as kind of hopeless. All getting a false ban and slow/no response says to me is that I am glad I held off on buying gems for the upgrade. Any real money put in is at risk of being tossed in the trash with no recourse, no warning, no info, and no guarantee that it will ever be fixed. I have bought things from the gw1 store multiple times but I really can’t see myself making that risk here. Luckily I can trade gold for gems and eventually upgrade, but with my playtime and style, it’s going to be a long long time for the 20 or so gold.

I guess my only other question is how can we know we won’t be falsely banned again? Will someone tell us “oh, you are in a guild by yourself, we ban that”. Could that be my problem? I have a 1 person guild named “bank” that I have been working towards opening a vault just for my use. I have 1 level 80 with crafted gear a bunch of low alts and maybe 4 gold. Maybe 10 emails with exguilies ever trading wood or a specific dye. No money sent. I always play the same times, weeknights after work, usually after 7 and then when I can on weekends. I take long times out of the game with real world things, when a botter could just run everyday. I don’t even farm things. I go heart to heart event to event and hit all the markers. I rarely stay in one area unless there is a crowd and I can mooch fast event exp/cash.

I can’t figure out what would make this happen. Will I be told so I can make sure it won’t your next automated scan? The trust has really died.

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

Forums are bugged, the posts disappear when the end of a page is reached, I cannot read any posts in this thread now.

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

Two things people need to know:

1. If you’ve bought in-game gold or items from any source other than the game store, your account could be compromised, and used by a bot in your off hours (often to advertise the seller that you bought from).

2. Running a macro isn’t the only way to be considered a bot. Arenanet has stated that any method that allows you to “play” without an actual person interacting can be considered botting. This includes setting down engineer turrets and going afk while they kill enemies for you.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

Posted by: Silver Bride.4685

Silver Bride.4685

The response time for your ticket isn’t going to be instantaneous in light of how many tickets they receive. If those who were legitimately suspended stopped submitting tickets falsely declaring their innocence then the wait for those who really are innocent would probably be much shorter.

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Forums are bugged, the posts disappear when the end of a page is reached, I cannot read any posts in this thread now.

Known issue. If you go to the url and remove everything but the title — the numbers following the title, you may be able to see the thread. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Zaken.1806

I tried to remove number in URL and it still doesnt work

Zaken.1806

well. I can read it using chrome but not firefox…interesting

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

FYI: This thread is not an official thread, and we are not gathering reports on this thread. This is a player post and I’ve amended the title to make that clear.

Many account terminations are related to account compromise incidents. A thief steals the account and uses it for activities — spam advertising, gold sales — that get the account closed. Account reinstatements require time, so we ask that you allow the team sufficient time to work through the issue related to your account.

We do have an official thread where you can post, after you have contacted Support and after you have allowed three full days for the team to resolve the issue.

Post in the official thread if, after three days, you are still awaiting assistance. Tickets for Review: 3 Days and Older

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)

Lady Fazeldo.2375

I hear just that i am online in the guild? Is that normal? One from my guild send me a screenshot still standing in Mad Kings Labyrinth green, only my name is grey.

Posted by: tsunamikai.4712

tsunamikai.4712

CASE #121101-002611

2 days / The only response so far is that my case was ;

I am transferring your ticket to a senior member of the Guild Wars Support Team for further assistance. Someone will be in contact with you as soon as possible.

Posted by: tsunamikai.4712

tsunamikai.4712

Gaile, thanks for the update on this thread….

Posted by: Tinfix.4631

Tinfix.4631

I think it shows you online (but grey name) if you’re logged into the site? Ive got friends saying same about me, although not seeing where i physically was in game just on friends list and guild showing me online but a grey name

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

I agree that we must improve the response time on tickets. Most people do get a response from an agent in a short time, but it can take a few days to do the research that allows the team to reinstate the account (or determine that it must remain closed).

Improving response times — especially related to the appeal of an account that was compromised, misused, and terminated — is a top priority!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: ups smoking lr.6173

ups smoking lr.6173

hi all just like most ppl i`v been ban for doing nothing,this is my 1st post. i have looked at a lot of post since the day i got ban, to tell the truth none has made me feel good at all, can you be ban for playing a game you love every day ? or for buying gems from gw shop with my card as i have done in gw1 for 6yr now never had a pro i dont get it! i hope thay get back to me soon as im missing playing. i was so mad & upset on the day, miss mad king,but now just sad that is takeing so long to get me back in game!!

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

I hear just that i am online in the guild? Is that normal? One from my guild send me a screenshot still standing in Mad Kings Labyrinth green, only my name is grey.

The name being grey means that that player is marked as invisible. It sounds like you’ve been hacked.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

Lady Fazeldo.2375

I don’t hope so….