Blocked/Suspended/Terminated -- Player Comments

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: olo.1427

olo.1427

How do you defend against bans like this? Playing the game clean as yourself with no assistance programs, get banned, how do you convince customer support that you were playing real? Would I have to setup a camera to video record myself playing the game at my computer chair?

Best idea ever lol, but make sure it’s got a time/date stamp on it- otherwise, ya’ know, they could say you’ve no proof it was recorded at a certain time and not take it as evidence.

LOL. Nice idea. BTW I think you cannot defend. If you tell something about gold in channel, kill profitable creatures or stay longer then few hours online your chances of getting permaban are very high. So do not use chat, do not farm and stay in the city and be silent. That will be safe way of playing :-)

I think you should just play and do not care about this permaban mess. AN will in few weeks correct most errors. So my advise play if permabanned post ticket (only one!) and wait many days. Support people are working day and night on tickets.

olo.1427

Thx for your support Olo.1427 . Im afraid to play this game now. imagine if i had a Legendary weapon. i will kill myself lol

Heh, I have legendary and I was permabanned last Monday. I do not see problem. I should get back my account around Friday I think and to partizipate in the shores event. I was banner in the past so I am no upset nor nervous :-)
You will have your account back do not worry just look for your serial key, ingame name and you name.xxxx you will be need it when support will contact you. Take time watch TV relax…..

Posted by: Prinzkaos.4052

Prinzkaos.4052

Guild Wars 2 Support? should i wait for them to ask form my info? or should i send it right away?

Posted by: Gepetto.5402

Gepetto.5402

Today i came online, to see my ticket was set to solved, unfortunattely i still couldn’t login – still banned. cO
No further answers or emails, just solved…
What am I to supposed now? Banned forever? Still nedds time by the team to reactivate?
I don’t know what to do know.

Ticket #121110-002535

Posted by: bluerebelmedia.9514

bluerebelmedia.9514

Guild Wars 2 Support? should i wait for them to ask form my info? or should i send it right away?

Give them your information via the support ticket, give as much as possible, including account info and what happened and the details of your ban. Give as much as possible to avoid delays in them asking you for more info and you submitting updates etc which can take a day (or 5) between responses.

Prinzkaos.4052

bluerebelmedia.9514 I send a email to Guild Wars 2 Support, that still count?

bluerebelmedia.9514

bluerebelmedia.9514 I send a email to Guild Wars 2 Support, that still count?

I’m not sure, someone who knows better than me should answer. I have just submitted tickets. I’m not sure if sending an e-mail automatically creates a ticket. I do know that your game account and support account are different accounts.

My advice would be to create a support account and put in a ticket. However if someone more familiar with the system thinks this is redundant please say so.

olo.1427

olo.1427 what is the best way to place a ticket?

There is only one way to place a ticket. You click SUPPORT from upper menu
(there is GUILDWARS2.COM FORUMS SUPPORT WIKI) and use feature “ASK A QUESTION” you fill in your details means email and password you use when you log into game. You should then shortly receive confirmation with ticket number via mail. Next you wait about 3 days, sometimes 12 hours sometimes 4 days or more. Next you get mail from support with instructions. Usually they verify your identity and serial number of the game. If everything go well you wait some more and receive mail from support with new password. So it will look I think. But I am not AN employe just banned player :-) AN just fights with gold sellers you should understand and be patient it hits legit players hard but there is no other way I think. Game is great and I will always support AN.

Posted by: Robin Da Poor.6281

Robin Da Poor.6281

I am not saying that you could just give i.e account log in and character name that should not warrant a account being suspended, if enough details are given that could question the legitimacy of the account then it should be acted upon until proof of ownership.

SharpShooters [SS] | Yak’s Bend |
Pro With A Bow| Mes Mer Relda |

olo.1427

https://en.support.guildwars2.com/

If you haven’t already you’ll need to create a “Support Account” there, and you can place a ticket in. Make sure to give as much information as possible, and only submit one ticket. If you get more info, update the existing ticket. If you don’t get a response within three days, there’s a thread stickied for posting your ticket ID.

Blue you can not create nor use support account if you permabanned. Use method i just decribed above ….

Prinzkaos.4052

So this is my ticket number account [Incident: 121114-000396]?

olo.1427

Today i came online, to see my ticket was set to solved, unfortunattely i still couldn’t login – still banned. cO
No further answers or emails, just solved…
What am I to supposed now? Banned forever? Still nedds time by the team to reactivate?
I don’t know what to do know.

Check your mail maybe it was blocked by your mailproggy. You should get new password i think……

bluerebelmedia.9514

Gepetto.5402

Check your mail maybe it was blocked by your mailproggy. You should get new password i think……

No mail in spam :-/

Ticket #121110-002535

Prinzkaos.4052

How do i check my ticket history? to see how far is my ticket. any help plz

olo.1427

No mail in spam :-/

If you see “Solved” you can click in same place on your ticket and there will be copy of the mail support sent you ….

Gepetto.5402

No, there isn’t either. Just my ticket with information from Saturday, confirmation of receiving 4 hours later. Was on waiting for 3 days, switched to solved with no further informations…

Ticket #121110-002535

olo.1427

If you permabanned you can not. After support will go through to you and answer your ticket they also lift usually permaban state so you can create support account or use if you already have and there you will be able to check history. I think AN ddidnt plan to lift permabans so if you permabanned all features liske support account etc are blocked. At least you should go from status permabanned to hacked or else then support will work even when you can not play game you will be still able to use support account …

olo.1427

No, there isn’t either. Just my ticket with information from Saturday, confirmation of receiving 4 hours later. Was on waiting for 3 days, switched to solved with no further informations…

You should be able to click on Subject I think. It goes like that in my case :

Subject Reference # Status Date Created

If you click on text below “Subject” actually its just ticket title I think it opens whole history.

Gepetto.5402

Yeah did that. Only respond from Saturday is in there " We investigate your case, will inform you about news" – as stated above this was 3 days ago. Today it got the status solved without any change to the ticket or my login issues.

Ticket #121110-002535

olo.1427

Yeah did that. Only respond from Saturday is in there " We investigate your case, will inform you about news" – as stated above this was 3 days ago. Today it got the status solved without any change to the ticket or my login issues.

Oh I see. I am quite sure AN can not change ticked status to solved. Only you can. So I bet one gold you just clicked by mistake close ticket button or something like that.
I am of course not sure about that but still one gold I bet …..

Gepetto.5402

You lost your gold :-D
German CM Ramon Domke informed me that tickets not being updated are autmaticly being solved after 3 days.
Sadly i waited for the 5th day to post on our unsolved sticky – because we don’t can post after 3 days there ….

Ticket #121110-002535

Posted by: Little.1635

Little.1635

Also got banned yesterday for botting. Which pisses me off considering how close their one time event is and i’m gonna miss it because of a fail program and how slow there support team are at cleaning up this mess.

olo.1427

Also got banned yesterday for botting. Which pisses me off considering how close their one time event is and i’m gonna miss it because of a fail program and how slow there support team are at cleaning up this mess.

I will not bet another gold because i just loose one (contact Zawieja in game) but your account will be OK till Friday. Make one detailed support ticket and wait.

Posted by: Pathos.5043

Pathos.5043

plz read my ticket, i am totally, innocent!!

I wait for 5days, plz

account suspended-121109-001357

Posted by: Han.4173

Han.4173

i wanna play GW 2 again. please i’m not using any kind of bot,3rd program,or even macros. I’m totally innocent
My ticket : 001:000235:24983

Posted by: Redsauce.1965

Redsauce.1965

I installed the game less than 12 hours ago and i just got a botting ban, ive only logged in once.

olo.1427

i wanna play GW 2 again. please i’m not using any kind of bot,3rd program,or even macros. I’m totally innocent
My ticket : 001:000235:24983

Nobody is innocent. We all born guilty.

Sorry for joke but I am waiting 3rd day for my account back and making black jokes :-)
If you submit ticket just wait 3days+. Support is working days&nights. AN system bans a great number of people. Last weekend when I was permabanned killing happily trolls and waiting for Jormag in few minutes dozens of players was banned. So ques of tickets are quite large I suppose. Do not post another ticket because there is DR on reposting tickets. Relax and wait. Think about nice things watch TV ….

Posted by: Jsx.6057

Jsx.6057

Sad. ArenaNet still insisting that the bans aren’t coming from a banbot.

Do they really expect to believe that they have hundreds of people checking for bots when support obviously can’t handle all the mistakes?

No official statement, nothing on this forum or their twitter. Hell, I haven’t even received a single response for my ticket. It went from being ridiculous to a joke.

olo.1427

Jsx, AN have now serious problems I think. They serial keys system and online sales looks like not working very well, they lost a lot of revenue to fraud accounts and are hit hard by gold sellers. They fighting for life now I think. I will support AN and will help them when in troubles like now. Thats not paid per month game. If they loose a lot of money they will be forced to fire programmers etc. Just help them, submit ticket, wait and do not make troubles. All security measures hit legit players hard. Thats my point of view….

Posted by: Jonathan.1580

Jonathan.1580

plz read my ticket, i am totally, innocent!!

I wait for 5days, plz

account suspended-121109-001357

Pathos 5 days? you need to go post in the stickied thread at the top over THREE days w/o a response

#121113-002895 – unban me

Jonathan.1580

Do they really expect to believe that they have hundreds of people checking for bots when support obviously can’t handle all the mistakes?

No official statement, nothing on this forum or their twitter. Hell, I haven’t even received a single response for my ticket. It went from being ridiculous to a joke.

Where did ANET say a program isnt autobanning ppl that meets its criteria? ( whatever that is ) because IMO thats the best case scenario for them otherwise it means they have IDIOTS they’ve appointed with GM powers.

Heres what I dont get… I see new ppl today already..same problem.. banning for botting, maybe some did but I bet most are like me and didn’t. and theres alot of us.
Why can’t ANET stop the bleeding? FIX their program or FIX their people.

ANET needs to UNBAN US ALL and turn off the program and then go and start this from scratch with a better anti bot program set up and for a terminated account ban a real person needs to review preferably someone thats actually been in the game.

#121113-002895 – un ban me

Posted by: DeathWish.5968

DeathWish.5968

OMG!!! My acccount is still block!!!! Can you restore my account? This is totally not right. I paid $79.99 buck for deluxe package and got this great game but kitteny customer service.

#121101-000503 -unban me

olo.1427

ANET needs to UNBAN US ALL and turn off the program and then go and start this from scratch with a better anti bot program set up and for a terminated account ban a real person needs to review preferably someone thats actually been in the game.

#121113-002895 – un ban me

I agree but I think there is also something AN do not tell us maybe because they can not. When I think about that i start to build theories like AN long term plan is to ban EVERYBODY. Maybe that planis to verify this way serial codes of all players because they lost track of online sales? Of course it is just my phantasies but something fishy is here for sure

Posted by: Hanz.9861

Hanz.9861

never bot before and i get banned together please help me #121114-001791

Posted by: Jsx.6057

Jsx.6057

Jsx, AN have now serious problems I think. They serial keys system and online sales looks like not working very well, they lost a lot of revenue to fraud accounts and are hit hard by gold sellers. They fighting for life now I think. I will support AN and will help them when in troubles like now. Thats not paid per month game. If they loose a lot of money they will be forced to fire programmers etc. Just help them, submit ticket, wait and do not make troubles. All security measures hit legit players hard. Thats my point of view….

Gold seller problems can be fixed. But running a ban bot script is not the answer. If ArenaNet is really losing players, they only have themselves to blame.

Besides, from what I’ve been reading on the forums, more than half of these “fraudulent accounts” were purchased directly from the main website. Again, not the players problem.

If anything, the lack of support or absolutely zero support for many cases, might even be pushing more players away from the game.

Posted by: Obsquacious.3524

Obsquacious.3524

At this point AN has officially earned itself a spot on the list of horrible companies I have dealt with. I understand issues will occur, but any decent company would at least reply to their customer or make an announcement.

I wonder if they think people will actually buy another copy of their game?

Posted by: Daelowana.7319

Daelowana.7319

Anyone remember when we were getting some help in this thread? I think it was Saturday…and then…they just disappeared. Arena is desperately trying to keep a tight lid on this so it doesn’t affect sales which is so unethical. Obviously, I would assume most of the employees of Arena are also gamers and many are probably frustrated that they aren’t making any statements. So my plea to them is this: If you work for the company and have any information, please try to fill us in. Set up anonymous email / facebook and post something for us. All we want is a grain of information.

Posted by: PhotonVoid.6470

PhotonVoid.6470

At this point AN has officially earned itself a spot on the list of horrible companies I have dealt with. I understand issues will occur, but any decent company would at least reply to their customer or make an announcement.

I wonder if they think people will actually buy another copy of their game?

I’m still waiting for any sort of response as well, if its not fixed by Friday I will definitely be revisiting all of the great reviews I gave this game on popular shopping sites. I was thinking something along the lines of GREAT Game, Terrible Support, Buy at your own risk you may get randombanned and be out $60 provided you don’t buy any GEMs like I did.

I suppose this is what I get for deciding to give ArenaNet a 2nd chance after I went out and bought GW1 when it came out, it was when they use the cheap paper inserts in CD jewel cases and had the scratch off to reveal CD Key thing inside. I scratched mine off with a penny and like 25% of the CD Key came off the paper with it and made it some huge unreadable mess. After several online support attempts and even a few phone calls where I even took pictures and sent it to the support tech, I was never given a key or made right. So I have GW1 sitting here with a screwed up CD Key sitting on the shelf that I have NEVER gotten to play, right next to my GW2 box, which I have been randomly banned from.

Posted by: AndroidClone.1706

AndroidClone.1706

Gold seller problems can be fixed. But running a ban bot script is not the answer.

Blizzard seems to have the issues under controller with World of Warcraft and the solution is not banning players/Customer. It’s hard to imagine that during times when the economy is not doing so great, companies like ArenaNet treats paying customers like this. Where the due process, why are customers treated as guilty, until proven innocent?

If anything, the lack of support or absolutely zero support for many cases, might even be pushing more players away from the game.

The support team is there. just that when ArenaNet brought in their so called “Elite Bot Banning” team, that’s when the banning problem started. What ArenaNet COULD have done was to increase the size of the Support staff. (I’m pretty sure ArenaNet didn’t do that.) I hope ArenaNet realizes that the bot banning team they’ve brought in has damaged the reputation of NCSoft as well as ArenaNet and Guild Wars.

What ArenaNet SHOULD have done, was to research how other Companies with MMOS are dealing with the problem. (E.g. Blizzard, Hi-Rez, Cryptc.) They all seem to have “Due Process” in place, and people are treated as innocent until proven guilty. They also don’t have a mob of irate customer because they were wrongfully banned, nor do they have a Gold Farmers botting problems.

GW2 is a great game, ArenaNet has talented developers. It really feels like they have no one on staff who has the experience to effectively deal the botting problem.

Any company can just bring the hammer down to kick botting behavior from the game. It’s takes a good Company and a talented staff to controll the botting problem while keeping the customers happy.

Posted by: Desova.5821

Desova.5821

If you permabanned you can not. After support will go through to you and answer your ticket they also lift usually permaban state so you can create support account or use if you already have and there you will be able to check history. I think AN ddidnt plan to lift permabans so if you permabanned all features liske support account etc are blocked. At least you should go from status permabanned to hacked or else then support will work even when you can not play game you will be still able to use support account …

Olo, my status is permabanned since Monday, and I was still able to create a support account and I can still access it at this moment, even if I’m not able to play the actual game.

Also, someone asked about emailing GW2 support – if you reply to your ticket confirmation in your email, you can indeed communicate with them via that method (which I did successfully). Just check in your support account that your “updates” are registering properly.

tasija trickshot | [LZZ] les zélateurs de zaun | arborstone

Jonathan.1580

Olo, my status is permabanned since Monday, and I was still able to create a support account and I can still access it at this moment, even if I’m not able to play the actual game.

Also, someone asked about emailing GW2 support – if you reply to your ticket confirmation in your email, you can indeed communicate with them via that method (which I did successfully). Just check in your support account that your “updates” are registering properly.

Wouldn’t let me create a Support Account and not that worried about it but I did use the tip and respond to their email with updated/more info

Posted by: Saske.8426

Saske.8426

ticket:121112-002293 .created 11/12/2012 still no responce

Posted by: Desova.5821

Desova.5821

Wouldn’t let me create a Support Account and not that worried about it but I did use the tip and respond to their email with updated/more info

You may receive an email within the next few hours inviting you to create a support account, because that’s how I was able to create mine – first I filed a ticket, then I updated my ticket using a reply email, and shortly thereafter received a response with the support account invitation. It’s my bad that I didn’t clarify that.

tasija trickshot | [LZZ] les zélateurs de zaun | arborstone

Posted by: AndroidClone.1706

AndroidClone.1706

ticket:121112-002293 .created 11/12/2012 still no responce

I think it usually takes them 3-5 days to respond. However, there are some cases when they respond quicker to tickets.

Posted by: Walstyle.5169

Walstyle.5169

Just got a response from “NCsoft Payment Review” department, my account is “closed permanently and my card is also permanently blocked from their system and there is no way to reopen and unblock me.”

Purchased serial using my own CC on the 4th, is the 14th already and my card still shows the transaction to NCsoft “pending” I have no idea what is going on here.

Posted by: Saske.8426

Saske.8426

after sending ticket first mail in about 5min
Thanks for contacting Guild Wars 2 Support. Someone will be reviewing your ticket shortly. If you would like to add to or update your support ticket, please reply to this message or update your incident by clicking the link below. We appreciate your patience and will reply shortly.

lol reply shortly
and thx for the info AndroidClone

Jonathan.1580

You may receive an email within the next few hours inviting you to create a support account, because that’s how I was able to create mine – first I filed a ticket, then I updated my ticket using a reply email, and shortly thereafter received a response with the support account invitation. It’s my bad that I didn’t clarify that.

Guys this totally works if you cant create a support account. You respond to their email they sent and they create a Support account for you.

You can even see where they acknowledged but didnt address your petition. Im guessing all have to be acknowledged then they do them in some kind of order

Prinzkaos.4052

Now my account now when from terminated to hacker and it said: We have have detected your account may have been accessed by an unauthorized individual. For your security, further access to the account has been suspended until this matter can be resolved. To restore access to this account, please contact Support and one of our representatives will assist you. BS

Posted by: lee.7594

lee.7594

Incident 121108-002434 Created 11/08.
It was claimed by GW2 Support that my purchase of the game from their website was fraudulent. I actually got to play for about 2 days before my account was suspended. They claimed that I purchased it from some other site and I should buy the retail version or get it from their site. They have since closed my account permanently. I was not charged on my credit card on the purchase of the game.
I was however charged for the gems I purchased, with the same credit card. I essentially have given up on getting the account back but they have also flatly refused to refund my $54, claiming they have removed the credit card from their system. I have tried to reason with them and I have gotten only dismissive responses claiming I was somehow at fault. In short they have stolen $54 dollars from me.