Blocked/Suspended/Terminated -- Player Comments

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Daelowana.7319

Daelowana.7319

Well, I’m feeling more confident after reading Gale’s posts that this is a much bigger issue than me. Thanks for your attention. We know you’re doing your best.

Posted by: ChicknFingrs.8074

ChicknFingrs.8074

I want to make sure that I comment: RMTs appeal. By the dozens, even hundreds. If you’re seeing posts about “I didn’t do it” keep in mind that while some legitimate players assuredly are having issues — and we’re going to look at each and every one — some of those protesting that they were banned in error are simply RMT workers trying to get their fraudulently-acquired accounts back so they can bot, deliver gold, or spam advertise gold sales sites.

I do truly believe that there some legitimate players are having issues. But I also know that cheaters are posting, too. Please take the posts with “a grain of salt.”

Most of us are legitimate players having issues. I was hoping to have a relaxing weekend and enjoy GW2 but now i have to wait until i get a response on my ticket and see if my ban gets lifted

My ticket number is 121110-003153

Please answer all three questions above. Thank you.

I didnt buy GW2 from the guild wars 2 site, i bought it from Best Buy.

Well, they are a partner, so we should be able to look into this thoroughly for you.

Alright sounds good. Should i update my ticket with my serial number and account name?

Posted by: Dark Revan.7634

Dark Revan.7634

Please indicate the date you purchased the game:
Order date: 8/7/2012
Please check your credit card statement and verify if you were or were not charged for the game:
Yes, it was charged.
Please post your Incident / Ticket Number here:
121110-001986

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

® Account Closed [Incident: 121109-002884]
Credit card charged by NCSOFT
11/7 – received confirm from Arena net w order number and code

Is the charge paid or pending? (I may be noticing a trend, so I want to make sure.)

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: Matik.9035

Matik.9035

Hi Gaile thank-you for helping us. I haven’t heard from Support so I’m not sure if my account has any fraudulent issues but here is my information anyways if it might help.

Order date: 4/10/2012 Order number: 26021322
Yes my payment was successful
121110-001854

I hope I can be of assistance and thank-you again.

Posted by: MiNGwOwz.9256

MiNGwOwz.9256

Hi , Please help me check my account . Its been terminated but i just bought 4 days ago.
Order number: 30302483
Purchased 8/11/2012
ticket :121111-002308

(edited by MiNGwOwz.9256)

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Sorry but can I get some attention from you Gaile? [Incident: 121110-002158]

And I did submit all information needed in the ticket.

No. That is not why I am in the thread, and I ask that players not petition me for personal assistance. As much as I would like to help everyone, I do not have the bandwidth to do that, so please await assistance from the team and, if you need further help after three days, post in the Tickets for Review thread at the top of the forums.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Daelowana.7319

Is the charge paid or pending? (I may be noticing a trend, so I want to make sure.)

Pending, but for 59.99 from CHARGE.NCSOFT.COM. I think you may be onto something

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

There are now five things I want to know, so I can focus the investigation:

• Please indicate the date you purchased the game.
  • Please confirm that you personally purchased from the buy.guildwars2.com site (not through a partner, not through a third-party).
  • Please check your credit card statement and verify if you were or were not charged for the game.
  • Please note if the charge on you CC statement is a completed charge, or is “pending.”
  • Please post your Incident / Ticket Number here.

The Support Team will be examining each of your tickets and will help you. I’m trying to ascertain if there’s an issue with purchases. So far I cannot see that to be the case, but I will use the information that you share — the answers to the five questions above — to look into the matter further.

Thank you.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: KrisV.5612

KrisV.5612

• Please confirm that you personally purchased from the buy.guildwars2.com site (not through a partner, not through a third-party).
  • Please check your credit card statement and verify if you were or were not charged for the game.
  • Please note if the charge on you CC statement is a completed charge, or is “pending.”

The Support Team will be examining each of your tickets and will help you. I’m trying to ascertain if there’s an issue with purchases. So far I cannot see that to be the case, but I will use the information that you share — the answers to the five questions above — to look into the matter further.

Thank you.

But their not the only ones with the problem. What about us who was wrongfully terminated for botting.

Kris Auditore- 80 Warrior Hawk Ice- Main 80 Ranger
Leader of Immortal Legacy on Blackgate(US)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/immortallegacy/

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Pending, but for 59.99 from CHARGE.NCSOFT.COM. I think you may be onto something

Interesting. So you purchased on November 7, played until November 9, and the charge is still “pending” on November 11?

May I ask generally where you are located?

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Thank you.

But their not the only ones with the problem. What about us who was wrongfully terminated for botting.

Kris — I totally understand your concerns! Each ticket will be reviewed and resolved. I happen to be gathering information on purchases in relation to account closures for “fraud.”

The bot appeals will be reviewed, no worries!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Daelowana.7319

Interesting. So you purchased on November 7, played until November 9, and the charge is still “pending” on November 11?

May I ask generally where you are located?

Thats correct. Pending since 11/7. I made the purchase in the US (Michigan)

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Well, I’m feeling more confident after reading Gale’s posts that this is a much bigger issue than me. Thanks for your attention. We know you’re doing your best.

Thank you for your help and for your kind words. I do understand how frustrating this is, and we all want to do the best we can for our players!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

True but for someone like me who have the full 42k karma set armor and almost done with making Twilight or those with dungeon armors or Cultural 3 armors. We’re not the botters. Botters not gonna spend 10+ hours doing the Halloween events to get every achievement or work on jumping puzzles like me and others.

KrisV.5612,
What makes you think someone who bots does not also play the game? I think some people may be under the assumption that only gold sellers bot. There are many players in many online games who bot for thier own purpose, be it to get gold faster, get materials, or to have an unfair advantage in PvP. I frequent many “hacker” sites as part of my job. There was actually one poster who bragged about how much money and karma he was able to make while he was sleeping and that he was almost ready to get his legendary, then a few days later he posted he wanted his money back for the “bot” because his account was banned for using it. Anyone could be a botter, not just a gold seller.

ChicknFingrs.8074

Thank you.

Remember, some people had their account terminated because of botting and other illegal stuff. I’m also one of them, and trying to get that resolved also. So just keep in mind not all people here are having issues about invalid serials. I know your trying to handle one thing at a time and focusing on one thing at a time, but just keep that in mind :]

Posted by: Igopewpew.8693

Igopewpew.8693

I would like to look into the few cases where you, personally purchased the game from buy.guildwars2.com and then experienced an account closure.

I don’t want to hear from those who bought from a third party who claims to have purchased from our site. I don’t need to hear from people who did a charge-back or asked for a refund. I would very much like to hear from someone who bought the game from buy.guildwars2.com using a legitimate credit card and then found his/her account terminated.

Thank you for your help with this.

Please note that this thread is not intended to expedite your ticket. Please do not post here simply as a means to try to get to the front of the queue. Post if you want to share the above information, and if your situation exactly mirrors what I’m investigating, but beyond that we’re not using this thread to expedite or follow up on tickets.

If you have waited three days or longer for a response, please post in the Tickets for Review – 3 Days and Older thread.

Please indicate the date you purchased the game.
11/5/2012

Am positive.
    Please check your credit card statement and verify if you were or were not charged for the game.
    Am charged for it.
    Completed

Please post your Incident / Ticket Number here.
121108-002427 (Currently RR status :O)

(edited by Igopewpew.8693)

Posted by: Kurt.5973

Kurt.5973

Thank you.

“Order date: 11/7/2012 "

“I personally purchased from buy.guildwars2.com”

“I were charged”

“It’s pending”

[Incident: 121110-002647]

Posted by: Callipygous.9438

Callipygous.9438

I want to make sure that I comment: RMTs appeal. By the dozens, even hundreds. If you’re seeing posts about “I didn’t do it” keep in mind that while some legitimate players assuredly are having issues — and we’re going to look at each and every one — some of those protesting that they were banned in error are simply RMT workers trying to get their fraudulently-acquired accounts back so they can bot, deliver gold, or spam advertise gold sales sites.

I do truly believe that there some legitimate players are having issues. But I also know that cheaters are posting, too. Please take the posts with “a grain of salt.”

I’m really disappointed that it appears this is the tone you chose to take with this matter. While you may mean other people aside from me, it feels like your tone is basically, “alright, be quiet, most of you are actually botters anyways.” It’s accusatory and insulting, more so than the actual ban itself. I understand your desire to control the damage, but understand that there are actual people on the other end. I feel like I was going about playing my game only to be called out and then treated like a criminal in prison who protests his guilt.

Now tell me, if you were in the same situation, how would you feel? How do you think many people feel when they look for someone with authority to make sense of it and feel like they’re being demonized – even when they know they’ve done nothing wrong?

I understand where you’re coming from, I really, really do. I’m sure there have been botters who have posted here claiming innocence. But don’t you understand how that comes across to those who are actually innocent? Do you not understand how it could be an incredibly insulting tone to take? I am not trying to attack you, I am simply trying to communicate my frustration about this to (most likely) the only person who will read it. I really hope you understand.

Posted by: Qwyjibo.4208

Qwyjibo.4208

I would like to look into the few cases where you, personally purchased the game from buy.guildwars2.com and then experienced an account closure.

I don’t want to hear from those who bought from a third party who claims to have purchased from our site. I don’t need to hear from people who did a charge-back or asked for a refund. I would very much like to hear from someone who bought the game from buy.guildwars2.com using a legitimate credit card and then found his/her account terminated.

Please note that this thread is not intended to expedite your ticket. Please do not post here simply as a means to try to get to the front of the queue. Post if you want to share the above information, and if your situation exactly mirrors what I’m investigating, but beyond that we’re not using this thread to expedite or follow up on tickets.

If you have waited three days or longer for a response, please post in the Tickets for Review – 3 Days and Older thread.

- Date bought: Sept. 13, 2012
- Yes, I personally bought it from buy.guildwars2.com
- Yes, my CC was charged on Sept. 14, 2012. Shows as " CHARGE.NCSOFT.COM"
- [Incident: 121111-001905] (just submitted today)

I see my CC was just credited back the amount, I assume because of the closure.

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

• Please confirm that you personally purchased from the buy.guildwars2.com site (not through a partners, not through a third-party).

I purchased the game from 11/3/2012
my credit card was charged
[Incident: 121111-000224]

I also forwarded my confirmation email I received after buying the game from you they gave me another ticket number associated with that email it is
[Incident: 121111-002681]

Thanks for looking into this. Please work fast

eko — is your payment completed or pending?

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Daelowana.7319

Might I suggest your automated responses mention that you may be investigating a potential issue and to be patient? Since the support team is overwhelmed it may ease a bit of the flooding. I understand that Arena.net probably doesn’t want to make public potential issues, but it would have made me a bit less nervous.

Posted by: MiNGwOwz.9256

MiNGwOwz.9256

Hi gaile, , Please help me check my account . Its been terminated but i just bought 4 days ago.
Order number: 30302483
Purchased 8/11/2012
ticket :121111-002308
Payment complete.

Posted by: squall.7093

squall.7093

Please indicate the date you purchased the game:
Order date: 4/10/2012

Please confirm that you personally purchased from the buy.guildwars2.com site (not through a partner, not through a third-party):
How should we do that? I’m guessing maybe this might help, but I’m not sure. I can add the CD number as well if necessary. Anything you need.
Order number: 26011072

Please check your credit card statement and verify if you were or were not charged for the game:
Yes, I was charged for the game.

Please note if the charge on you CC statement is a completed charge, or is “pending.”:
The charge is completed.

Please post your Incident / Ticket Number here:
121110-002031 is my number, and I was banned for botting or using a third party system. I don’t even know how to use a program like that. I can provide anymore information that you need.

Thank you for taking a look at this thread, and helping in any way you can Gaile.
I hope that you can successful resolve as many issues as possible from the information we provide.

Posted by: Reinth.1498

Reinth.1498

I’m really disappointed that it appears this is the tone you chose to take with this matter. While you may mean other people aside from me, it feels like your tone is basically, “alright, be quiet, most of you are actually botters anyways.” It’s accusatory and insulting, more so than the actual ban itself. I understand your desire to control the damage, but understand that there are actual people on the other end. I feel like I was going about playing my game only to be called out and then treated like a criminal in prison who protests his guilt.

Now tell me, if you were in the same situation, how would you feel? How do you think many people feel when they look for someone with authority to make sense of it and feel like they’re being demonized – even when they know they’ve done nothing wrong?

I understand where you’re coming from, I really, really do. I’m sure there have been botters who have posted here claiming innocence. But don’t you understand how that comes across to those who are actually innocent? Do you not understand how it could be an incredibly insulting tone to take? I am not trying to attack you, I am simply trying to communicate my frustration about this to (most likely) the only person who will read it. I really hope you understand.

I agree.

We, the victims, have nowhere else to go. What actually pissed me off even more, some got their accounts back but some who have appealed earlier haven’t. What is this? Can we at least get informed via email or GW2 account mail about what the problem is?

It’s not a question of can or can’t. There are some things in life you just do.

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

You have completely misunderstood my comments. I believe that many people posting here legitimately have problems and genuinely need and deserve our help. I merely point out that every day, I see tickets from RMTers and botters, and it’s a fact — and probably no surprise — that some of those who claim to be innocent are not innocent at all.

I believe that I have expressed myself in a way that players understand. And I truly feel that it’s important for legitimate players to know that some of those they think are “kindred spirits” are just hoping to ride back onto their cheated accounts on the coattails of the innocent, reinstated players. At no time have I indicated, nor have I felt, that we should reduce our diligent efforts before “most of you are botters.”

We work very hard to help every legitimate player get back onto his/her account. And we will continue to do so. If we make an error, we will own up to that and make it right. (Hence the entire existence of the “Tickets for Review” thread — another means to ensure we do help legitimate players!) But, bottom line, not everyone who submits a ticket or writes a forum post is going to get reinstated because some are not legitimate. It’s really that simple, and I hope you

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: bluerebelmedia.9514

bluerebelmedia.9514

Please add me to the list, I bought the game Thursday and this has been a terrible user experience thus far and put me off the whole thing. First suspended and then told my account is closed with no further help or explanation. Completely unprofessional.

-Purchased: November 8th.
-My roomate and I both bought a copy directly from buy,guildwars2.com, his account is fine. Our friend also bought it the next day and his is also fine.
We have been charged for the game.
Ticket ID: 121111-001892

I would note that the next day when our friend above was trying to buy it, his card wouldn’t go through, neither would paypal. This WAS on the official site and no specific error was given. My roomate then tried to buy it on his card and got the same errors. I think there was a real issue with the store that guildwars2 is using and this is causing these errors.

Would really like to start playing the game I purchased. As a new player this is really disheartening. I work 6 days a week, finally get a long weekend and I end up spending it writing support requests.

(edited by bluerebelmedia.9514)

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

I agree.

We, the victims, have nowhere else to go. What actually pissed me off even more, some got their accounts back but some who have appealed earlier haven’t. What is this? Can we at least get informed via email or GW2 account mail about what the problem is?

Sometimes a case is easier to solve than another. Sometimes a player gives us all the info we need to verify ownership. Other times, the player gives us minimal info and requires a lot of “back and forth” to prove he or she really does own the account.

Sometimes, there are confusing details that we see behind the scenes. Like “That account was accessed from China, but nothing was stolen.” Those are edge cases, sure, but they require extra diligence on our case to try to find out exactly what happened, in part to provide the best help to the real account owner.

It’s true that some tickets can be resolved in a day, and others take more than a week. We do our best to handle “in the order received” and to make sure that agents who are expert in a particular area — fraud, account theft, technical support — handle the tickets they best can help resolve.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Daelowana.7319

If anyone’s worked in these environments before, understand the support staff gets thrown to the wolves. It’s the folks you’ll never speak to that remain closed mouthed about threats. I feel assured that support is doing their best here.

Posted by: Toble.2968

Toble.2968

Hey Gaile,

Any news on how the system is going to be fixed?

Not only is there is innocent banning problem, but people with fraudulent Serial codes who bought from the Gw2 site is worrying me?

I do not even know that there is an issue yet. I’m still gathering information on these cases (and I believe them to be few) after which the teams involved in the site will review them to see if there is an issue on our side or perhaps with the other participants involved in the sales flow, such as the bank or CC holder.

I have only seen a few of the fraudulent ones as well, but it is still worrisome that just a far mistake has been made I guess. hope this is all over soon, I’ve been waiting on getting my account back since the 8th. Just passed 72 hours so I will be posting in the 3 day or over thread soon. I understand there is a back up due to the holiday weekend, but I still want to get back to playing.

Teal haired, Bifrost wearing, heal pooping, dot placing, noob.
| Epidemic
| Drenched

Posted by: eko.7615

eko.7615

• Please confirm that you personally purchased from the buy.guildwars2.com site (not through a partners, not through a third-party).

I also forwarded my confirmation email I received after buying the game from you they gave me another ticket number associated with that email it is

Actually I can not find it in my online statement.

Reinth.1498

Sometimes a case is easier to solve than another. Sometimes a player gives us all the info we need to verify ownership. Other times, the player gives us minimal info and requires a lot of “back and forth” to prove he or she really does own the account.

Sometimes, there are confusing details that we see behind the scenes. Like “That account was accessed from China, but nothing was stolen.” Those are edge cases, sure, but they require extra diligence on our case to try to find out exactly what happened, in part to provide the best help to the real account owner.

It’s true that some tickets can be resolved in a day, and others take more than a week. We do our best to handle “in the order received” and to make sure that agents who are expert in a particular area — fraud, account theft, technical support — handle the tickets they best can help resolve.

Should I send another ticket to clarify that I do currently live in China eventhough I am not a native citizen of China and have been playing since the 3-days headstart? I am just trying to help you with this confusion here. This is probably the problem why they doubt to free my account because I happened to be in China.

ps: I use a proxy to have a playable latency called Battleping.

Posted by: Matik.9035

Matik.9035

Is it easy to actually tell if an account is a real player or a bot? I’m terrified and sick over the idea that Support could still think I’m a bot or have botted at all. I just want to play with my family again and am so scared I’ll get burned twice since I don’t understand how this works at all.

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Please indicate the date you purchased the game.
11/3/2012

Please check your credit card statement and verify if you were or were not charged for the game.
I can’t check it right now cause it is middle of the night but I’m pretty sure it’s charged and legit cause it wouldn’t progress and let me play 2 days without it.

Please post your Incident / Ticket Number here.
121108-000029

When you have a chance, could you confirm whether it’s fully charged or pending? Thnk you!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: Dark Revan.7634

Dark Revan.7634

We work very hard to help every legitimate player get back onto his/her account. And we will continue to do so. If we make an error, we will own up to that and make it right. (Hence the entire existence of the “Tickets for Review” thread — another means to ensure we do help legitimate players!) But, bottom line, not everyone who submits a ticket or writes a forum post is going to get reinstated because some are not legitimate. It’s really that simple, and I hope you

It might seem weird but reading this made me more relieved, the silence was really bothering me and this has certainly made me more calm and re-assured that I will get my account back now when support gets to my ticket. Thank you for taking your time to respond here

Daelowana.7319

Is it easy to actually tell if an account is a real player or a bot? I’m terrified and sick over the idea that Support could still think I’m a bot or have botted at all. I just want to play with my family again and am so scared I’ll get burned twice since I don’t understand how this works at all.

That was my concern at first as well, but you may be experiencing what many others appear to be as well and that is some type of serial code / billing issue that flagged your account incorrectly (my assumptions, not those of GW2)

Posted by: gladiatorKG.8123

gladiatorKG.8123

It might seem weird but reading this made me more relieved, the silence was really bothering me and this has certainly made me more calm and re-assured that I will get my account back now when support gets to my ticket. Thank you for taking your time to respond here

Hmmm thanks for shedding some light on the situation, really hope all cases are resolved for the normal players and looking forward to this weeks event!

Grand Marshal Ida – Marauder
Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Callipygous.9438

Callipygous.9438

You have completely misunderstood my comments. I believe that many people posting here legitimately have problems and genuinely need and deserve our help. I merely point out that every day, I see tickets from RMTers and botters, and it’s a fact — and probably no surprise — that some of those who claim to be innocent are not innocent at all.

I believe that I have expressed myself in a way that players understand. And I truly feel that it’s important for legitimate players to know that some of those they think are “kindred spirits” are just hoping to ride back onto their cheated accounts on the coattails of the innocent, reinstated players. At no time have I indicated, nor have I felt, that we should reduce our diligent efforts before “most of you are botters.”

I do not at all question your desire to do the right thing. However, this impression was formed after reading many of your posts – most notably, the one where you claim that the number of people who are actually being banned unjustly are much, much smaller in number than it would appear based on this forum thread. To me, that would suggest that the majority of people in this thread do not have a real case according to you. This would be why I paraphrased the way I did, albeit rather bluntly.

Now, if you think that based on this information it is simply my misunderstanding, that may be true. I’m a bit rattled by this – after all, I’ve been playing MMOs (plural) for over 10 years, and never have I ever been accused of such a thing. Mixed with the fact that the first thing I see from ArenaNet is your claim that only a small portion of people are actually innocent, and the feeling that I’m about to be railroaded for something I didn’t do is nearly palpable.

I did nothing but sing the praises of your company, even when the few people I played with have abandoned the game because it was not to their liking in one way or another. This feels a bit like betrayal, and the word of the only person associated with the company seems cold and unattached. My reaction is tied to this.

So please, do forgive MY tone. I understand you want to do what is right, as do most people who are not defective. Just… understand the impression this entire process gives some people, myself included. I am clearly not alone in coming to this conclusion or else this thread would not have taken the tone it has.

Posted by: Jack.9703

Jack.9703

It’s been over 24 hours and I still haven’t received any reply concerning the ticket I sent earlier yesterday. I was wrongfully accused of botting despite having never botted in my entire life, if farming for charged lodestones at Sparks near Lyssa statues is considering botting despite me being fully there (sometimes utterly bored!), then issue a warning to players that they shouldn’t do so.

My ticket reference is: 121110-002293

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

I do not at all question your desire to do the right thing. However, this impression was formed after reading many of your posts – most notably, the one where you claim that the number of people who are actually being banned unjustly are much, much smaller in number than it would appear based on this forum thread. To me, that would suggest that the majority of people in this thread do not have a real case according to you. This would be why I paraphrased the way I did, albeit rather bluntly.

Now, if you think that based on this information it is simply my misunderstanding, that may be true. I’m a bit rattled by this – after all, I’ve been playing MMOs (plural) for over 10 years, and never have I ever been accused of such a thing. Mixed with the fact that the first thing I see from ArenaNet is your claim that only a small portion of people are actually innocent, and the feeling that I’m about to be railroaded for something I didn’t do is nearly palpable.

I did nothing but sing the praises of your company, even when the few people I played with have abandoned the game because it was not to their liking in one way or another. This feels a bit like betrayal, and the word of the only person associated with the company seems cold and unattached. My reaction is tied to this.

So please, do forgive MY tone. I understand you want to do what is right, as do most people who are not defective. Just… understand the impression this entire process gives some people, myself included. I am clearly not alone in coming to this conclusion or else this thread would not have taken the tone it has.

I understand completely. I may not have been clear about something I said: I didn’t want players to think “Dear lord, there are a lot of posts about banned players” and assume that we have a lot of banned players. I wanted to say, with the comment you mentioned above, that “Yes, there are quite a number of posts, and it may deceive you to believe that there are a gazillion banned players, and that is not the case.”

As Mike O’Brien mentioned in his article about account security, few players have their accounts stolen. I think it was something like one-quater of one-hundreth of one percent of players. And the same is true with “banned for fraud when I did nothing fraudulent.” So it grieves all of us if it happens to anyone but I wanted to be sure that folks understood that looking at a forum thread may give a deceptive view of the numbers.

And again, when it’s you, it doesn’t really matter if it’s one player or a billion, and I do completely understand that!

(And P.S., just me to you: I’m anything but “cold and unattached.” That is why I’m here, posting and sending emails and looking into this issue on the weekend, my “time off.” )

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)

Reinth.1498

I am still worried here because I kinda view my case to be somehow special.

And this is why:

I have to live in China currently and I use a tunneling service called Battleping to play the game since the 3-days headstart. So I always allowed connection from both China (when I didn’t use my proxy) and West Coast (when I used proxy).

Do the team know about this? Should I send another ticket and explain?

(edited by Reinth.1498)

Daelowana.7319

I agree with ya Call. I think based on this thread Arena is aware of an issue but haven’t publicly stated it (fail on their PR). Its much better to do damage control and inform people of POTENTIAL issues than upset people and leave them in the dark. They need to tighten up their public messaging and automated responses when these issues hit

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Oh my! So not completed OR pending? How strange!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Daelowana.7319

I think with some CC’s if the original processor doesn’t accept the funds within a certain amount of time the Pending charge may drop and funds would be returned to the card. I do believe you are onto something with billing tho Gale. At least for a percentage of us.

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

I think with some CC’s if the original processor doesn’t accept the funds within a certain amount of time the Pending charge may drop and funds would be returned to the card. I do believe you are onto something with billing tho Gale. At least for a percentage of us.

That’s a good question to ask our billing team. Thanks!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

ChicknFingrs.8074

Hey Gaile, just wanted to let you know that we really do appeciate your work and the support teams work.

Posted by: Two.4159

Two.4159

I dont know if this will help me but I am very upset, I didnt even get a whisper, they terminated me while I was creating a champion (although I did hear the sound it makes when you get a whisper while creating the champ) so I am going to post my ticket here to hopefully help make sure this issue is resolved.

“I bought guild wars 2 at walmart for 60$s 12 days ago, I hit 80 yesterday while crafting and today while I was creating a new character (a mesmer) it kicked me off, when I tried to log back in it said my account has been terminated because of botting, I am a very calm mannered person but to terminate someones account for botting who has never botted is very upsetting. Every moment I have played I have been doing quests, WvW or crafting, there is no possible way for me to have botted any of that, the only thing I can think of as to what could have caused this is I left my computer idle to go mow my lawn and take the leaves out of the gutter, when I came back 2 hours later I was dead but still logged in (I believe its supposed to kick you after 30 minutes of idle). An explanation as to why I am accused of this as soon as possible would make me feel better, I had a WvW event planned with my guild for tonight which I will now miss which is very upsetting.
Thank you for your help. ( I would call but no support number was listed)

Posted by: Kaosuyousei.1049

Kaosuyousei.1049

Huh…. I originally mentioned that my account was pending charges because I had seen it there a few days ago, and when I double checked it still hadn’t cleared(I didn’t bother double checking the pending tab). Upon reading this though I webt back to look and sure enough, the charge is not even listed under pending anymore. (It’s been over a week now so I guess that’s not surprising from what Daelowana mentioned) Just wanted to update.

Posted by: Kurt.5973

Kurt.5973

Yes I think so,dropped amount of bill from CC limit but pending so much days totally weird enough and add this bank’s slow response about that but I’ve been playing lotro for years never had a issue like this with same CC.

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Hey Gaile, just wanted to let you know that we really do appeciate your work and the support teams work.

That’s very kind. It’s good to settle issues and get legitimate players back in the game!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet