… with some WvW breaks here and there.

Collector's Ed/DDE Item Questions [merged]

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Here’s an update: We’ve done two mass distributions, and are now handling this individually. One thing we have noticed is about 20% of those who write asking for CE/DDE items do not own a CE/DDE. Yes, they pre-purchased the game, but they pre-purchased a Standard Edition, not a Collector’s or Digital Deluxe Edition.

A Pre-Purchase of a Standard Edition did earn you the Hero’s Band. It did not entitle you to the Miniature Rytlock, Summon Mistfire Wolf Elite Skill, Golem Banker, Chalice of Glory, or Tome of Influence. (Info here.)

So please check your receipt to confirm that you did purchase a Collector’s or Digital Deluxe Edition of Guild Wars 2. If you did purchase a CE or DDE, and if you still do not have your special items, please update your ticket to let the Support Team know that this is the case. You may also post here, if you wish, but the distribution will be done by ticket, so updating there is sufficient.

One note: There is not benefit to asking for multiple replacements of these items. The items are bound to your account and cannot be traded or sold. The one-time-use items—such as the Golem Banker—expire with use, and once you’ve used the item a replacement set will not give you a new, functional item. So please do not request another set, once you’ve received the replacement.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)

Posted by: Seahorse.7064

Seahorse.7064

Well my account most certainly WAS a Deluxe edition I saw the rytlock,Tome and Chalice on my 1st character but didnt use them before I deleted and after waiting a month I finally get an email saying they sent me an in game mail with the replacement items on 9/21/2012 but NEVER received an in game mail.It seems this is happening to several people.Surely support knows if they sent the items?or are they just sending mass emails without checking individual tickets.1month plus and waiting.Fed up.

Posted by: Seahorse.7064

Seahorse.7064

And a minute or two later I need to re post.I log onto my account and the in game mail with the 3 items I’m missing is there!!! From grumpy to happy in 2mins thank you gw2 support you got there in the end many thx and I need to learn to read the small print before deleting in future thank you!:)

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

And a minute or two later I need to re post.I log onto my account and the in game mail with the 3 items I’m missing is there!!! From grumpy to happy in 2mins thank you gw2 support you got there in the end many thx and I need to learn to read the small print before deleting in future thank you!:)

Awesome! I’m super happy, and very grateful that you posted this update so that we know things are working as they should.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: Methos.7512

Methos.7512

Gaile both my tickets don’t allow for updating and I would like to avoid creating a new and swamping you further.

Tickets were:
120825-019706
120910-002482

If you could please check into this it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Posted by: Methos.7512

Methos.7512

And just like that I got my items back.

Thank you Gaile!

Posted by: Adreyana.1935

Adreyana.1935

I got my items today as well. Thanks so much!

Posted by: Bardak.8413

Bardak.8413

i’m still waiting :S

Posted by: Binx.4610

Binx.4610

I seem unable to get an email from the support website to even set up my support account, I have had my CE items missing since I accidentally deleted the character with them on day 1 of the headstart.

I figure I might as well post here to see if I can get some sort of advice on what to do.

Thanks,
Binxy

Posted by: Nik.3571

Nik.3571

I got my items back! Thank You very much!

Posted by: Minna Jast.8127

Minna Jast.8127

Found the items waiting for me in the mail today, thank you so much for the help support team and Gaile

Posted by: Korjaaja.9762

Korjaaja.9762

Since August 25th:
“Foo! Quaggan cannot find Rytlock! [Incident: 120825-002919]”

Posted by: Galactrix.8196

Galactrix.8196

Thank you! Got my items back! I love this game

Posted by: Nemui.6753

Nemui.6753

If you did purchase a CE or DDE, and if you still do not have your special items, please update your ticket to let the Support Team know that this is the case. You may also post here, if you wish, but the distribution will be done by ticket, so updating there is sufficient.

I most certainly did purchase a DDE, as my mistfire wolf is working correctly. is posting in this thread sufficient as well? because i personally prefer that.

re-posting from last page (quoting seems to be messed up, it shows the wrong username when i quote the entire thing):

got the same email about 15 hours ago, yet i didn’t recieve any items in mail (or inventory).

[Incident: 120916-002064]

(edited by Nemui.6753)

Posted by: Sukeena.3506

Sukeena.3506

Customer support, I also recieved the items through the mail. You have my thanks!

Posted by: Adamantium.3682

Adamantium.3682

I have not received the redistributed items yet. My original ticket is 120825-008885 which was filed 08/25. I sent in another ticket a couple days ago because of Gaile’s posts here, I was worried I wasn’t entered into a queue and it seems as if I wasn’t if the items were sent out 6 days ago. My second ticket to try and get into this queue and confirm I still do not have the items is 120926-004079.

I have the DDE purchased through the official site. I have the Mistfire Wolf skill, and the Golem Banker. At one time I had the Rytlock, so I am sure that I did not order a different edition. I should be among those getting the items back.

Thanks for helping us, I hope to see my Rytlock soon!

[TNO] Gizmo Gigawatt (Engineer)
Jade Quarry

Posted by: Mordred Le Fay.1526

Mordred Le Fay.1526

Dear GaileGray,

since u are the moderator on this section of the forum I m addressing this post to U.

I made the mistake, and I honestly admit it, of deleting my first toon with the mini pet Rytlock in the inventory.

I am happy to see that for a few of my fellow gamers the issue got successfully resolved. However my status also reads resolved and I aswell got a mail that an ingame mail was send on the 21st of september however… nothing has been received. No ingame mail on my 7 characters.

Now I m a patient man and I only made but ‘1’ support topic of getting my mini pet back, but if the support team says that I allready received a mail on the 21st of september then I have to inform U that this is incorrect from my side.

So I m giving u again the details of my updated ‘resolved’ incident in the hope for a positive outcome:

Incident: 120907-007457
Created: 09/07/2012

Posted by: Shazirah.8350

Shazirah.8350

I have the DDE, did not consume the one time items, and would like what I paid for. Mistfire works fine, I get the banker and hero band, but not the others.

Waiting on my items. I got the standard “sent out Friday” reply from support, but do not have them and did not receive them on Friday or since.

DDE: [Incident: 120825-027665] since August 25th.

(Maestro at) Not Another Gaming Acronym [NAGA]:
Resident Keg Brawl Premier League Champions

(edited by Shazirah.8350)

Posted by: Philo.1542

Philo.1542

I bought the digital deluxe edition, and I had no idea that it was given to only one character. I decided I didn’t like the name of my character, and deleted. No idea it’d take all the stuff with it. Can you please return my items? Thanks.

Posted by: Zephyr.5820

Zephyr.5820

I posted in here before as well – ticket 120910-000423 – got a response from support claiming they delivered the in game mail with the DDE items attached on 9/21/2012 , but I still haven’t received it either

Posted by: Cute But Psychotic.3106

Cute But Psychotic.3106

#120825-009729

Resolved! ty so much and everyone just keep hanging in there

Posted by: Shazirah.8350

Shazirah.8350

I have the DDE, did not consume the one time items, and would like what I paid for. Mistfire works fine, I get the banker and hero band, but not the others.

Waiting on my items. I got the standard “sent out Friday” reply from support, but do not have them and did not receive them on Friday or since.

DDE: [Incident: 120825-027665] since August 25th.

I just received an email from support (“CE/DDE Issue Resolved 09/27/2012”) and then closed the game, reopened, logged in and found the items I was missing in my in-game mail.

I truly hope that I never have to deal with GW2 customer support again.

Resolved.

(Maestro at) Not Another Gaming Acronym [NAGA]:
Resident Keg Brawl Premier League Champions

Posted by: Razus.7326

Razus.7326

I have yet to receive my items. I did update my ticket, however, the status still says “Closed”. Not sure if that means it won’t be seen, so I’ll post here.

120829-004614 . 08/29/2012

It’s exciting to see that people are getting their items though.

Posted by: ScoObyDoOx.7638

ScoObyDoOx.7638

Thank you so much Anet!
I opened my mail to receive a gold spamming mail (reported) BUT under it was my items from you..
Thanks again.

Posted by: Dark Sentry.1270

Dark Sentry.1270

I have not yet received my items (rytlock miniature, tome of influence, chalice of harmony) I lost when deleting my first character seconds after its creation. I changed my mind on what class I wanted as my “main” so I wanted the name from the character I had just made. I remember reading that a fix for this issue was coming, because lots of people had this issue so I’ve just been patiently waiting. It seems I have also missed out on the 2 mass distributions. So I’m posting here hoping I can finally get my items.

first ticket was closed without being resolved (8/26): 120826-007498
new ticket made: 120928-000767

thanks in advance

Posted by: Ryuujin.5760

Ryuujin.5760

I finally got my items! Thank you Guild Wars 2 Support! It took longer than I would have liked, but you pulled through and ultimately that’s all that matters.

Posted by: Mordred Le Fay.1526

Mordred Le Fay.1526

Dear GaileGray, dear customer support,

I m delighted to inform U that I had the honor to find my CE items in my mailbox this morning (European time ;-) )

I want to thank U for the effort!

Many thanks ;-)

Posted by: Zuckerhund.4179

Zuckerhund.4179

Just wanted to say that my missing items were mailed to me yesterday. I finally got to use my tome and chalice!

Thank you very much.

:)

Posted by: Pedirn.7346

Pedirn.7346

Incident: 120825-034141

Still no items…submitted 8/25/12

Posted by: sfd.5931

sfd.5931

I am following up on my ticket. Support did answer my request however it was not the answer I intended on getting:

“We understand how frustrating it can be to have items missing.

Please note that you can only receive the Chalice Of Glory, Tome Of Influence, or Miniature Rytlock on one character. If you have already taken these items from your mail on a character – then you can not get them again on another character.

Unfortunately in regards to missing gold and items, we are currently technically unable to provide restorations or any direct assistance in reclaiming what was lost.

If you have any other questions please let us know.

Sincerely,

[GM] Xarquale"

Am I missing the point of this thread? I never used the items. I received them in and while I took them, the character was deleted. So I never had a chance to use them against any character. I see some others have had the same issue where they took the items from their mail but never used them and they were restored.

Any hope on this?

Posted by: Adamantium.3682

Adamantium.3682

I received my refunded items in the mail today. I immediately sent Rytlock to my collections to make sure I didn’t lose him again!

Thanks for the very quick response and the concern over this issue, it makes me feel very important even though I’m just one customer in a million.

Thanks again!

[TNO] Gizmo Gigawatt (Engineer)
Jade Quarry

Posted by: Rodjinn.7518

Rodjinn.7518

Why do I show that my ticket number 120919-000996 has
“Customer Entered by Sam 09/25/2012 01:52 PM”
and
“Customer Entered by Brad 09/26/2012 06:08 AM”
with no text, no response, and no resolution?

You also labeled my other ticket number 120924-002687 (which was a request for refund due to lack of support, lack of response, and poor design of distribution of items paid for with cash) as a duplicate, yet still nobody has responded to either ticket beyond the initial auto-response?

Please issue me a refund and cancel my account, or direct me to who can issue me a refund.

I most certainly did buy digital deluxe, was charged for said product, and have provided my paypal transaction details with the 2nd ticket.

Posted by: Nisshoku.3479

Nisshoku.3479

Hello, I submitted my ticket some time ago to get into the queue but it was automatically closed

My ticket number is 120911-009135

Posted by: Drixx.3918

Drixx.3918

I am really at the end of my rope here Gaile. The first response to my ticket was a cut-and-paste “We don’t have the technology to restore lost items at this time” response. It did not even seem that the representative read my ticket. I replied back irritatedly and forgot to add the link to this thread where you say that mass restorations have been done and that restorations will happen individually going forward, and so I replied again and linked this thread and very clearly pointed out that the company was on record that these restorations would be done.

I was then asked to prove I was the owner and in control of my account before my ticket would be turned over to the team who is doing the restoration of digital deluxe items (about 10 minutes after I created my account, it had a login attempt from Henan China, which was pretty shocking since as far as I understand for that e-mail to get sent to me they had to get my e-mail and password correct, and I made a brand new password I’ve never used before for GW2, as recommended in the security posts). The next time I logged into the game my character was kaput along with my DDE items, which is why I originated the ticket on 23 September.

If the CS people had read my ticket I probably would already have been taken care of via the mass restoration. Instead, they skimmed my ticket and missed the fact that I was asking for just my Digital Deluxe items back and assumed I was asking for character/item restoration and gave me the form response.

So anyway, I provide the requested info and a new rep takes over my ticket and I get another cut-and-paste form response congratulating me for having control over my account, and mentioning absolutely nothing about escalating the ticket for the Digital Deluxe item restoration.

So I responded asking for confirmation that my ticket was being turned over to the team for the digital deluxe item restoration, at which point I got the original cut-and-paste answer again. It is literally word for word, comma for comma, salutation for salutation exactly the same as the end of the original response.

My most recent response is (I think understandably) a little heated with a few all caps phrases, but this is seriously very silly. I know the ticket load is pretty heavy, but it’s not serving the customer(or the CS department, for that matter) to skim their ticket and provide a cut-and-paste response just to get the ticket closed because that approach results in people like me who have support tickets go on the way this one has until I feel like I’ve wandered into some alternate dimension where people can only speak in pre-prepared sentences which may or may not apply to the conversation in progress. At this point I don’t know what else to do. I’m trying very hard to keep my composure but I’m sure if you read the ticket history you will see that I’m very close to losing that battle, if I haven’t already.

I really don’t want to be rude to support folks. It’s a generally thankless job and I’m sure the load is heavy, but it’s very hard to remain calm when the process moves forward with one representative and I do what I’m asked and then the next guy comes along and doesn’t bother to invest enough time to see what the ticket is actually about and just slaps a cut-and-paste response that completely resets progress to zero.

My ticket number, if it helps, is 120923-004786

(edited by Drixx.3918)

Posted by: Discroll.5073

Discroll.5073

Hello Gaile,

Here my Number for the Pile of not yet resolved missing DDE items list.
[Incident: 120922-003772] (yes, I did purchase the DDE version for 74.99 €)

As it is, I deleted the character with eventually the DDE items before I could use any of them, because I made my character and realize that I had misspelled the name and selected a wrong skin.

Especially the loss of the Miniature Rytlock Pet bugs me, as unlike the Chalice or the Tome, it cannot be replaced by Ingame means.

I’ve been following this threat since page 3 but was not able to log on to the forums till today.

I hope this can be resolved and that I can get the items back like the few lucky that were included in the first and the second distribution wave, and the few that got their items afterwards.

Thanks
Discroll

Posted by: Thegarn.5091

Thegarn.5091

120913-003704

My tome of influence did not apply influence to my represented guild. Ticket is now 17 days old. I have updated several times in the hope that it would be bumped and have asked in both this thread and the one about open tickets.

Drixx.3918

Hello Gaile,

Here my Number for the Pile of not yet resolved missing DDE items list.
[Incident: 120922-003772] (yes, I did purchase the DDE version for 74.99 €)

As it is, I deleted the character with eventually the DDE items before I could use any of them, because I made my character and realize that I had misspelled the name and selected a wrong skin.

Especially the loss of the Miniature Rytlock Pet bugs me, as unlike the Chalice or the Tome, it cannot be replaced by Ingame means.

I’ve been following this threat since page 3 but was not able to log on to the forums till today.

I hope this can be resolved and that I can get the items back like the few lucky that were included in the first and the second distribution wave, and the few that got their items afterwards.

Thanks
Discroll

Yeah, I had a similar problem. I had to put in a support ticket to log into the forums to post. I honestly think the issue here is that the CS team is just so overwhelmed that they are under pressure to get through support requests as fast as possible so if they see key words in what we write in our ticket that makes them think we’re asking for gold/items, etc… back they assume we’re talking about something we can’t do, paste in the response and move on.

Once I made it absolutely clear I was talking about the DDE items, I got a positive response but once I replied with the information requested the next person to look at the ticket just congratulated me on having control of my account and didn’t have any idea why I’d sent the requested info because he didn’t read the ticket conversation and realize what my issue was.

I have a lot of empathy for their situation, but as someone who bought directly from ArenaNet so that they would get 100% of my money and who paid extra for the DDE (when it was not made clear that the pet was a single character use only, btw), I think that a week of CS people mostly ignoring the ticket conversation and giving me cut-and-paste replies gives me some ground to stand on with how frustrated I am.

Posted by: Fueragon.6037

Fueragon.6037

Hi
I also lost my DDE items as I deleted my first char. I do have a DDE account.

My ticket numbers :
120916-005097 : Closed by Automated response
120930-003393 : Re-submitted (as could not re-open previous one)

Thanks for taking the time to review my case.

Regards

Posted by: UberPz.3250

UberPz.3250

Did not receive my items yet.
Ticket #120923-004376

Posted by: Discroll.5073

Discroll.5073

@Drixx – for the record, the speed with which these mass reply or rather cookie responses as you called them, return mere seconds after opening a new Ticket instead of replying to an existing Issue give the impression to me, that these responses are rather automated mass replies and not manual responses to Human read tickets.

I can imagine quite well that this way, several tickets have been (possibly by accident) overlooked, while collecting tickets for the mass restore waves.

It seems to me it is important how (not the wording) a request was submitted.

The Forum-login thing however seems to have been not on my side as far as i can tell because I tried all the suggested steps and even more.
Then from one second to the other, after I gave up and refrained to trying to log in several times over several days, it just worked.
So thanks for fixing it Arena net ^^ it’s been really annoying not to be able to enter the Forums.

Drixx.3918

@Drixx – for the record, the speed with which these mass reply or rather cookie responses as you called them, return mere seconds after opening a new Ticket instead of replying to an existing Issue give the impression to me, that these responses are rather automated mass replies and not manual responses to Human read tickets.

I can imagine quite well that this way, several tickets have been (possibly by accident) overlooked, while collecting tickets for the mass restore waves.

It seems to me it is important how (not the wording) a request was submitted.

The Forum-login thing however seems to have been not on my side as far as i can tell because I tried all the suggested steps and even more.
Then from one second to the other, after I gave up and refrained to trying to log in several times over several days, it just worked.
So thanks for fixing it Arena net ^^ it’s been really annoying not to be able to enter the Forums.

My ticket hasn’t received instant responses, so this is actual CS reps who are not reading the ticket conversation history and are just trying to get through tickets as fast as possible.

Posted by: Lefius.8236

Lefius.8236

Still waiting for my items back
120905-005916
No response atm and the ticket is closed WTH

Posted by: Shaefirn.2603

Shaefirn.2603

Incident: 120825-005991

Same issue with 1st character deleted and lost the minipet and Tome of Influence.
I only deleted because the human tutorial end boss got stuck and there wasn’t a cut scene, so I thought if I remade it would load.

Thanks GW2 Support.

I just received my missing digital deluxe items (the missing ones I reported) on the 30th September. A.net does care! Thanks so much!! Now it’s going into my invisible bag…… jk

Posted by: balbanes.9384

balbanes.9384

Just submitted a ticket about this

Ticket number is #121001-002662

(edited by balbanes.9384)

Posted by: Connor Big.4073

Connor Big.4073

I have the Physical Copy of Guild Wars 2 CE and I still haven’t received my Collectors Editions Items. Is this fixed yet?

Connor Big

Posted by: xXBIGJOEXx.4620

xXBIGJOEXx.4620

ticket number #121002-000246
hopes this works to get my pet back been struggling with the Error 401 just to get this on here
Thanks in advance

Posted by: Zero Tolerance.1539

Zero Tolerance.1539

My ticket, number 120907-004096 is closed. I have not received any item yet, nor email from support.

Posted by: Osogae.1758

Osogae.1758

My number is #121003-000816.

I originally had submitted a bug report during head start thinking that is what it was. I have since submitted an actual support ticket. Thank you.

Posted by: Daan.2048

Daan.2048

My Ticketnumber is: 120930-001677

I did the same as Osogae and submitted a bug report during the headstart, thinking it was a bug. Now i have also submitted a support ticket. I did get an auto reply mail, but no items have been resend as of today.

EDIT 14/10/2012: Thank you! I have received the items after resubmitting a ticket and updating it afterwards. Thanks again to the GW2 Support Team for giving me a second chance with the CE items. This is a big service that you are granting us.

(edited by Daan.2048)