Dishonored by guild wars server problems

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Trennel.6034

Trennel.6034

Hi there,

Today i’ve had this server issues where i dc’ed from the game by a server issue. When i tried to relog there was a popup which said ’couldn’t connect to game client…." which lasted for 5 to 10 minutes.

Because i play PVP all day long i’ve disconnected 2 times during a game, now i’m dishonoured for 1day and 3 hours. Could you guys maybe take my dishonour away?

The problems don’t lie with my personal internet, it’s a gw2’s problem i guess.

Thanks,
Kind regards

Len

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

This isn’t an account problem that someone on this forum can help you with. This forum is for lost passwords, suspended/banned/hacked accounts, gem store purchases that don’t go through, etc.. Stuff that people contact support and file tickets for.

You might try making a post in the Discussion forum about how dishonored is handled or maybe the tech support forum about the disconnects.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

And how do you know the issues lies with the servers rather than your connection?
For all they (and we) know you could have just shut of your internet during matches and so on, and therefore they will not remove the debuff.

If you have disconnect issues, don’t play PvP, simple as that.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

We are unable to remove the Dishonorable Debuff. I’m sorry if you’re having issues, but it’s best to not risk playing matches if your connection is in question, for your benefit (to avoid the dishonorable gameplay flags) and for that of your team.

Incidentally, we’re not aware of any general connectivity issues from Belgium, so that sort of points to it being local on your end.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)

Posted by: sprankel.3408

sprankel.3408

Hi,

I’m from belgium too and got kicked out of the game 5 times this night.
2 times it would not log in, saying it failed to connect to the login server
also another computer here has the same problem. Flushing the dns and changing dns server to google doesnt seems to effect it at all.
Server is vabbi

Posted by: smitske.4912

smitske.4912

Belgium here too, and I too got kicked out and could not relog for several minutes yesterday. Everything else did work, so somewhere along the line in belgium towards GW2 servers something went wrong.

Posted by: smitske.4912

smitske.4912

Same today, connection issues from belgium.

Posted by: Murth.5637

Murth.5637

We are unable to remove the Dishonorable Debuff. I’m sorry if you’re having issues, but it’s best to not risk playing matches if your connection is in question, for your benefit (to avoid the dishonorable gameplay flags) and for that of your team.

Incidentally, we’re not aware of any general connectivity issues from Belgium, so that sort of points to it being local on your end.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/tech/Error-42-1000-7006-1322/first

Posted by: Fror.2163

Fror.2163

I have had lots of issues yesterday as well from Belgium. I was unable to connect to the game (unable to connect to the login server, it said), yet all my other permanent connections worked well (Teamspeak, music streaming, etc.).

This happens more and more frequently and for longer and longer times.

If that may help more, my ISP is Belgacom. I called them when the issue happened and they said I was permanently connected to them for the past 12.5 hours.

Frór (yes, with the accent!)

Posted by: Diabolus Anur Kaya.8379

Diabolus Anur Kaya.8379

Wow. Apparently there is an ongoing issue. Don’t you just hate it when a vendor, company, whatever says its not them, that it is you when it is happening to multiple people from the same area, country, locale?

Yeah I know demerit time most likely but come on how many times have any of us been told this and it wasn’t true?

(edited by Diabolus Anur Kaya.8379)

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

Wow. Apparently there is an ongoing issue. Don’t you just hate it when a vendor, company, whatever says its not them, that it is you when it is happening to multiple people from the same area, country, locale?

Yeah I know demerit time most likely but come on how many times have any of us been told this and it wasn’t true?

Because welcome to the internet where the problem might actually not be on Anet’s end but on some connection side that is outside of Anet’s troubleshooting control. It’s very possible that since it’s a certain location issue, there is a node out that needs to be fixed and it’s not something Anet can fix as it’s not theirs in the first place.

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.

Posted by: Murth.5637

Murth.5637

Because welcome to the internet where the problem might actually not be on Anet’s end but on some connection side that is outside of Anet’s troubleshooting control. It’s very possible that since it’s a certain location issue, there is a node out that needs to be fixed and it’s not something Anet can fix as it’s not theirs in the first place.

Even though the only things not working are the log-in servers and guildwars2.com ?

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

Even though the only things not working are the log-in servers and guildwars2.com ?

Had an internet provider that was blocking certain ports for another game, and it was only that game having issues. When we figured out that it was the port issue, couldn’t blame the game but the internet provider. Since it’s only 1 country and not a global thing, sounds more like a node issue in that country.

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.

Posted by: My Attack Will Kill.7816

My Attack Will Kill.7816

Had an internet provider that was blocking certain ports for another game, and it was only that game having issues. When we figured out that it was the port issue, couldn’t blame the game but the internet provider. Since it’s only 1 country and not a global thing, sounds more like a node issue in that country.

first of all we never had issues playing from belgium

all ISP’s in belgium are having the same problem with guild wars 2 atm

every other thing on the internet works fine even my own hosted teamspeak server

and nothing is changed in our country .

+ i had the same issue and are also dishononerd because of it

EDIT: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/tech/Error-42-1000-7006-1322/page/3#post3976025 and btw the country to our north (the netherlands) are having the same issue

(edited by My Attack Will Kill.7816)

My Attack Will Kill.7816

And how do you know the issues lies with the servers rather than your connection?
For all they (and we) know you could have just shut of your internet during matches and so on, and therefore they will not remove the debuff.

If you have disconnect issues, don’t play PvP, simple as that.

we aren’t allowed to play pvp ? because the servers can’t keep up with belgium.
so we should just not play pvp and lose our reward tracks mmhh yeah great solution.

lordkrall.7241

so we should just not play pvp and lose our reward tracks mmhh yeah great solution.

What I meant was that if you have issues with your connection, playing sPvP might not be a good idea until the issue is solved. It is not you that get hit the worst when you disconnect, it is your team-mates and your enemies that gets a boring and uneven match.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

My Attack Will Kill.7816

What I meant was that if you have issues with your connection, playing sPvP might not be a good idea until the issue is solved. It is not you that get hit the worst when you disconnect, it is your team-mates and your enemies that gets a boring and uneven match.

i understand where you are coming from but the thing is arenanet had to put a timer on the reward tracks and a cap on hotjoin so the only thing we could do is play solo i could like finish almost 3-4 matches before the disconnect happend so i played 12 matches and got disconnect 3 times. so with those 9 matches i still made it to the end of my reward track.

lordkrall.7241

The only tracks that does have a timer is the Dungeon ones, which can be permanently unlocked by spending a few hours doing the story modes of the dungeons.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Thank you for the clarity and accuracy of your comments!

I cannot see any indication that we are having server issues in a general sense. From every available fact, the issues that you are having from Belgium seem related to issues somewhere between you and your ISP and the Internet as a whole. But I do know you’re having problems and I responded in this thread asking for a few details to help us review.

As a player, I would be contacting my ISP first to try to find out what’s going on on their end. And I confess I’m not a technical support expect and I will fact-check my thoughts after I post. But it seems to me that if there were issues for Belgian players, there would be issues for players in France, Italy, Serbia, Germany, Norway,… for every European player because you all connect through the same data center. Doesn’t that point to an issue somewhere within the Belgian infrastructure, something that can and should be investigated there? On the other hand, I don’t know that for sure.

(All love and respect to Belgian players, btw. You guys and your country truly are awesome!)

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)

Posted by: Bimpnottin.3659

Bimpnottin.3659

The Belgian players have been complaining about this issue for over 3 weeks. We had our providers ran checks and they found nothing. There’s a 3 page forum post about us having these problems.

(edited by Bimpnottin.3659)

Posted by: Diabolus Anur Kaya.8379

Diabolus Anur Kaya.8379

The Belgian players have been complaining about this issue for over 3 weeks. We had our providers ran checks and they found nothing. There’s a 3 page forum post about us having these problems.

What a surprise, huh?

I really hope that you all are able to get this figured out.

(edited by Diabolus Anur Kaya.8379)