FAQ: Gem Store / BLTC / Trading Post

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Eeshaan.9068

Eeshaan.9068

So .. i wrote this yesterday here .. and i said i will update the situations after 24 hrs ..

whoah they just fix my account problem!

Response Via Email (GM Atheum)
To protect our customers, we have implemented a Payment Risk Management System to detect possible unauthorized transactions or account use. This means that something about your transaction is being perceived as high risk by our system.

Although there is something about your transaction that is being flagged by our system, we have authorized your "xxxxxx " e-mail address to complete transactions for the next 24 hours. Please try your transaction again within the next 24 hours.

i tried purchasing gems and it works. i hope it’s not 24hrs only and stays ok forever.

anyways!
ty for the unban for the moment!
and guys/girls .. i hope your issues got resolved soon too

This is the exact same response that I have got, and I’ve been having this issue since launch. Anet need to do something about this in a hurry. This is really getting on my nerves now.

It’s impossible to purchase anything in-game if this Payment Risk Management system is flagging all transactions as “high risk”. I even gave these guys a phone number to call to confirm the legitimacy of these transactions, but still no response.

Anet, please do something about this Issue. I WANT TO PAY YOU, to make use of your in-game services, I want to GIVE YOU MY MONEY for them, but you just aren’t letting me do it. A hilarious situation, which isn’t that funny anymore.

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: iRbrandon.2586

iRbrandon.2586

I have recently purchased 2 sets of miniature pets (300gems each). Gems were deducted but items never showed up on the mail. The recent purchases list also doesn’t show the following transactions. I had also submitted a ticket.
Purchased another 2 sets, 1 got processed the other didn’t.

(edited by iRbrandon.2586)

Posted by: Infinis.3204

Infinis.3204

I exchanged 1 gold for 366 gems and bought the 10 fine transmutation stone pack.
The gem store slowed down for a bit (maybe lag) and the transaction ended. It deducted my gems but hasn’t sent me the stones.

Posted by: gkwm.1645

gkwm.1645

Bought 5 Mystic Forge Stones, gems were deducted but I have yet to receive the items.

Posted by: jrchang.6158

jrchang.6158

Didn’t receive the Fine Transmutation Stones I purchased with gems. Then, accidentally bought more than I wanted. Would be nice to get the stones I bought, would be even nicer to get only the amount I wanted (1 purchase).

Still don’t see it in my mailbox. Deleted all my mail (both heart and player), and still haven’t received the stones.

Posted by: Atraeus.6718

Atraeus.6718

Ticket 120908-007910

Come on guys, I have now waited longer than any issue in Age of Conan at launch and they were considered the worst customer service ever…

Cannot buy Gems like 30% of my guild…

www.ashrum.com

Posted by: Maver.2835

Maver.2835

Ticket Number 120909-005744

I am unable to use my paypal account, or two different CC’s to buy Gems.

The first day and second day after pre-launch i could and did make purchases, but now i cannot.

I understand this issue is probably caused by the failsafes put in place to protect us, so I appreciate all your teams concern and hard work.

Thank you for the assistance.

Posted by: Gellus.5264

Gellus.5264

Can we get a notification if the addition character slots gained even though only a single one was purchased is some sort of “we’re sorry have free slots” I dare not buy any more or make new characters in case they get removed.

i would very much like to know more on this as well, as ive mentioned in this thread a time or two before.
i know i bought a character slot back in BWE 2, but it was with the 2000 free gems they allotted all participants so i doubt my extra slot is from that.

Posted by: Starry.1824

Starry.1824

[Incident: 120910-003087]

Appreciate if problem could be rectified. I used to be able to purchase gem when the game just released and now it just says “Card Approval Failed”

Posted by: Buster.8365

Buster.8365

Incident 120908-005404.

Same issue as all the above. Have tried Visa, MC, PayPal. Automatic card approval fail. Any words on when this issue is going to be resolved?

Posted by: Saylaz.4960

Saylaz.4960

First I exchanged 2 gold for gems. After that I bought 5 mystic forge stones for 250 gems from gem store. I lost my 250 gems but did not receive any mystic forge stones.

Posted by: luke.2943

luke.2943

hello i just purchased a character slot from the gem store and when i confirmed the purchase it took all my gems and gave me no extra character slot it worked the first time when i bought my 6th one but now its not anymore.

Posted by: Megis.9264

Megis.9264

Over 90 minutes ago I converted some silver to 250 gems, after which I purchased on set of 5 ‘Mystic Forge Stones’ with them, it deducted the gems but they still haven’t arrived in the mail . Please let me know if the postal pigeons are on strike, and when their work resumes, thanks.
[EDIT] I got the gems refunded this morning, thanks.

(edited by Megis.9264)

Posted by: Doom.7312

Doom.7312

I bought 5 fine transmutation stones from the gem store but didn’t receive them. However the 200 gems were deducted from me.

Posted by: Baltic.3968

Baltic.3968

I’m having the same issues as most here with purchasing from the Gem store, Purchased a Dye pack for 200 and the gems got removed but i didn’t get the Dye at all.

Posted by: Plimwalf.4932

Plimwalf.4932

After five days I’ve still not heard a thing about the card approval failure. Very bad support, guys! When I pay for a game I expect that it works, or at least that I am told which parts don’t work, and for approximately how long they won’t. Especially when it concerns such a large group of players.

Posted by: Snoblitz.4980

Snoblitz.4980

Guess that it’s time to have the credit card company issue a chargeback on this. It has been 9 days since I opened the original ticket. This is ridiculous. I would love to say that this has been the worst customer support experience that I’ve ever had – but I can’t. I never received any support.

Snoblitz.4980

I am now opening a third ticket (120908-004876) with you guys for this issue since the first still has never recieved a response and the second got lumped into your mass mail response thread.

I have yet to recieve a response from somebody who actually looked at my ticket and took the time to understand my unique problem. I believe that I have uncovered a bug in your code surrounding the logic for your digital deluxe upgrades.

MY PROBLEM HAS NOT BEEN RESOLVED. I am still without my digital deluxe items, both from the original purchase and my attempt to restore those items by buying the 2000 gem upgrade in game.

My next step is escalating this to the ArenaNet leadership team via email and twitter. My previous tickets that have not received a response are:

120901-003732 and 120905-011158.

The first has been open for a week, without any response AT ALL. What is it going to take to get a human response on this ticket? Do I have to drive to Bellevue to get some help?

————————————————————————————————————————

Customer Jeff Knecht via CSS Web 09/05/2012 05:33 PM

Over four days since I sent this guys. Not even an acknowledgement that it was received? This is kind of ridiculous…

Please don’t make me do this through the credit card company. Service paid for and not delivered.

Customer Jeff Knecht via CSS Web 09/02/2012 10:05 PM

Ping?

Customer Jeff Knecht via CSS Web 09/01/2012 10:30 AM

Now we have a bigger problem. I realized that you guys are completely underwater at the moment with much bigger fish to fry. So the trading company came up, and I just bought the upgrade again for 2000 gems. Logged out, back in and nothing has been delivered.

I’m not going to lie, this is pretty frustrating. I know what it feels like to be in your guys’ situation. I’m a Release Program Manager for Xbox LIVE at Microsoft. I know how demanding operations can be, especially at launch time. But, you guys can’t leave you paying customers in the dark. You’ve built something pretty amazing here – I think it’ll change MMOs forever. That said, you have to support the product with fierce determination. Manage your brand.

I’m okay with waiting for my issues to be resolved, but I expect full resolution. You have to make this right.

Thanks for the hard work and continued diligence in rolling out this revolutionary title.

-Jeff

Customer Jeff Knecht via CSS Web 09/01/2012 12:14 AM

Hey guys! Fantastic job on the game, I’m loving it so far. I screwed up though and I’m totally sad. Hoping that somebody can help me. I mistakenly deleted my first character, forgetting of course that my Tome of Influence and my Mini Rytlock were with said deleted character. :-(

Is there any way to restore those items for me? I would buy the upgrade again, but 2000 gems is steep considering I already paid for it once.

Please help me out here if you can.

Thanks!

Posted by: Drintar.1246

Drintar.1246

Just so you know they’ve stated several times to not make multiple tickets that it will actually slow down your help time because it basically bumps you to the back of the queue. You should only ever update the original ticket. With that said I hope you get some help soon.

Edit: Actually I reread your posts and it seems to me you got what you paid for. You bought the upgrade you deleted the character that had the items, a quick google search of accidently deleted character with mini rytlok pulls up a thread on guildwars2guru with the following copy pasted email answer from CS

Hey there,

If you sent your purchased items to the wrong character, you’ll be able to transfer them using your account bank that all of your characters share.

If you deleted that character however, we will not be able to recover the lost items at this time. Rest assured we are working on a way to return unused purchased items from deleted characters.

If you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to let us know.

Best Wishes,
Ron
Guild Wars Support Team
http://support.guildwars2.com

But you were impatient and bought 2000 gems and tried to repurchase the upgrade a second time. So again you got what you paid for the 2000 gems.(yes I realize the number is actually 2800 I think)

So I don’t see where you have the grounds for a charge back. You purchased the gems and received the gems so I’d think you are bordering on fraud to tell them you didn’t get what you purchased but that’s my opinion.

EDIT: After further reading of that thread here’s a second CS response

Hey there.

We are aware of the issue with Collector’s Edition/Digital Deluxe Edition items going missing after deleting a character that had them. It has happened to many of us, too. -_- A fix is coming as soon as possible, so please stay tuned to the Guild Wars 2 forums () once the forums re-open for updates!

Best regards,

Chris
Guild Wars Support Team

Original thread is here

(edited by Drintar.1246)

Posted by: ProdigyLost.6035

ProdigyLost.6035

I’m pretty sure that the “Market Data” information is broken for the “Currency Exchange” tab of the Trading Post. The gold value of gems has dropped significantly in the past couple weeks. A $50.00 batch of gems used to get 8-10 gold a couple weeks ago, now it gets you about 4g 40s. While I think that is an absolutely asinine exchange rate, that isn’t my issue. My issue is with the “market data” averages. There is a 5 day low and 5 day high posted, but those numbers haven’t changed since I started playing a couple days before launch. The price has changed drastically, but the 5 day average hasn’t. Definitely something at work there.

Snoblitz.4980

Yes, I received the gems, but I did not receive the items that I purchased with the gems.

The gems do nothing for me in-game and hold no value if the items that you purchase with the gems are not delivered.

Posted by: TwilightStorm.7159

TwilightStorm.7159

And yet another day without any response on this issue anywhere. Not here in the forums, not on facebook, twitter, reddit, patch notes OR the tickets. Please Anet. -.-

Posted by: Hooch.4523

Hooch.4523

Bought a gem pack, 200 gems, took the gems, got no pack.

Snoblitz.4980

Thanks for all the info Drintar. At this point, all I want is a response from ANet telling me that things will be okay. They need to make things right with me on the 2000 gems. I don’t even care about the upgrade items anymore… :-)

Posted by: Drintar.1246

Drintar.1246

Np happy to help Good luck on your ticket hopefully this week will see them able to catch up a bit

Posted by: Thrusty.6834

Thrusty.6834

Tried a dozen times with two different amex cards. I know they work as I have used both within the last day. Repeatedly tells me Card approval failed.

I am trying to buy gems through commerce screen (shortcut ‘o’) in-game. Is there somewhere else I can try or is this a known bug?

Posted by: Valkyn.6987

Valkyn.6987

Bought 2 sets of mini-3-pack. 600 gems. subtracted the correct amount of gems. got nothing.

Posted by: Thrusty.6834

Thrusty.6834

Sorry, posted in general first before seeing this. I have no incident number as I wasn’t issued one.

Tried a dozen times with two different amex cards to buy gems. I know both cards work as I have used both within the last day. Repeatedly tells me Card approval failed.
I am trying to buy gems through commerce screen (shortcut ‘o’) in-game. Is there somewhere else I can try or is this a known bug?

Posted by: Garthy.7521

Garthy.7521

Bought 250 gems with gold. Got the gems then bought 5 Mystic Forge Stones. Gems were taken but the stones never arrived nor do they show up on my previous purchases section.

Posted by: TwilightStorm.7159

TwilightStorm.7159

Sorry, posted in general first before seeing this. I have no incident number as I wasn’t issued one.

Tried a dozen times with two different amex cards to buy gems. I know both cards work as I have used both within the last day. Repeatedly tells me Card approval failed.

Read this entire thread and your question might be answered. :p

Posted by: Takiwaki.5948

Takiwaki.5948

120828-017427

Note I have the same issue as everyone, I have not been able to ’normally" purchase gems since BW3. In order to make any progress I had to literally change my isp by using my mobile internet. I was able to purchase maybe twice. Now its back to nothing again.

Note Paypal does not work at all, and its exactly the same email as my account. None of the credit card work. and I was able to make no progress using Comcast, my regular ISP.

This is def a huge issue in their system.

Card approval failed every time like everyone else here. I am ready and willing to spend a butt load also.

Note the issue has not been resolved.

Posted by: Nyamo.4798

Nyamo.4798

Monday 10 september ~6pm i wanted to buy a minipet pack, i clicked to confirm and it did nothing…i thought i missclicked so i did it again, and now 600 gems went out, and i only received 1 pack of minipets, so either refund me 300 gems or send me a pack?

thanks.

-Nyamo Darrath

Posted by: Astra.4021

Astra.4021

This is ridiculous and insulting. I have had my card and used it without incident since 1991….until dealing with NCSoft. I need bank space like yesterday and I still can’t buy gems. Crafting is an ordeal now. It’s now been 6 days without a solution. I am tired of updating a ticket every day without a response.

Again ticket # 120905-001653

Posted by: Erolz.5738

Erolz.5738

Ticket 120906-006002 Created 06/09/2012 08:00 AM

Still no response.

You do not want people to create multiple tickets, you do not want people to buy from third party gold sellers. Sorting this problem out or at least posting some kind of update here or indeed anywhere would beneift yourselves and your customers.

Posted by: Astra.4021

Astra.4021

Guys, you’re right. I look through this thread and I feel bad — you’re not getting as much information and you should, and I apologize for that.

I’ve sent off an email to the team who is working night and day on various issues related to the BLTC and the Gem Store. I hope to be able to post more in the near future or perhaps one of their team members will post an update. But in the meantime, please accept our apologies for any difficulties you’re experiencing.

If you bought and did not get your gems, update your ticket (don’t make a new one, it slows the process) and we’ll watch for those. If you cannot purchase, we also need to look into those situations. We appreciate your interest in purchasing gems and believe me, we want to make it possible for you to do so!

Thanks, again, for your patience.

Gaile, what is the big difficulty here? Why do you “hope to be able to post more in the near future or perhaps one of their team members will post an update”? The system is clearly faulty. It is affecting THOUSANDS of people and costing ArenaNet THOUSANDS if not MILLIONS of dollars. It is completely unacceptable that ArenaNet has not even ACKNOWLEDGED this problem in the status updates. I’m at the point now where notwithstanding how much I enjoy the game that this whole affair has left such a bad taste in my mouth – that ArenaNet either is incompetent or just doesn’t care – that I going to simply return my copy of the game for a refund and write the game off.

This issue requires DECISIVE action on the part of ArenaNet in a big way. Is this what you and your team spent so much time on? Developing a game so that an absurd system pushes thousands of players away? Players that want to spend money? What am I missing here?

Explain to us why ArenaNet cannot acknowledge this problem in the status updates and why its taking so long to offer solutions. Because soon alot of us are just going to write GW2 and ArenaNet as a company off.

Amen to this! This sums up how I feel exactly. I want to know what ArenaNet is doing to solve this problem as a whole. Since it is an issue affecting multitudes of players, it deserves more attention.

(edited by Astra.4021)

Posted by: Takiwaki.5948

Takiwaki.5948

Its obviously not a small issue that cannot be treated ticket to ticket. I really thought it was something that far and in-between until I visited the forums today and saw how widespread it is.

What is insulting is that this issue was reported by myself since Beta, and NOTHING was done.

(edited by Takiwaki.5948)

Posted by: Jasonsun.7642

Jasonsun.7642

i bought fine transmuation stone twice for 400GEM but i can’t get it !!!!!
it’s around 8:00-9:00.us time. recent purchases shows i already buy them.!!
and i can’t get my friend’s mail!!!for 2GOLD!!

Posted by: MrNoobin.7386

MrNoobin.7386

Cant you just stop saving my credit card details, that way if i do get hacked the hackers cant buy gems with my card, and my card wont get blocked every time I buy gems. That way everyone wins.

Posted by: pgeoro.8539

pgeoro.8539

Bought a few black lion salvage kits about 10 hours ago and they didn’t deliver yet. Around 20 minutes ago I menaged to buy some keys from the gem store but no sign of my salvage kits. They show up in recent purchases

Posted by: Aemris.6083

Aemris.6083

Payments: Can’t buy – Cannot Purchase Gems

120909-006566

Credit Card not going through and I used it and it worked fine the other day

120908-004710

Posted by: Grenth.7958

Grenth.7958

I attempted to purchase Gems (4000 for £42.50) via the BLTC Gemstore using selecting PayPal. I filled out the information requested on the PayPal and clicked the ‘next’ button and nothing happened. I was not shown a message, I have received no email or payment deatails through PayPal itself. I would like to know if my purchase was successful or not because I do not want to be double charged if I try again using Card Payment instead.

This appears to be a serious issue that is not being acknowledged by the Support Team on the Social Network sites or the Support Site itself. Please provide some information to those of us who are having these problems with the Gem Store so we know that you guys are actually working on the issue.

Thanks. [—-001:000976:35494—-]
#120910-005411

Posted by: Aeterna.1520

Aeterna.1520

Ref #120910-005361

I tried to buy a set of 10 mystic forge stones last night but nothing happened when clicking “confirm”. Got disconnected a few minutes later, then unable to log in. When I did manage to get back in I was missing 900 gems! Nothing in the mail, nothing this morning when I logged in to check. I was trying to buy 10 at 450 not 20 at 900. None of this shows up in my purchase history either. I would really like my gems refunded as I have little faith in the ticket system right now.

Posted by: Gstringbass.2506

Gstringbass.2506

I have a question about getting a refund on items I purchased with gems. Is it possible? I sent in a support ticket and am waiting for a response. [Incident: 120908-003104]?
I’m going to paste what I sent to support. I doubt they will do anything for my stupidity but hey why not give you guys something to laugh about while you wait to even be able to purchase gems.

Check the attached text file

Yea I made a big mistake and I doubt they will help me at all. An official response on the possibly of a gem store purchase reversal would be nice. Also maybe including a check out page instead of confirming each purchase at point of sale to lessen the chances of buying the wrong thing. also make it a little more obvious how to get extra bank tabs or bag slots. bag slots are a lot easier to stumble upon that the bank tabs.

Posted by: delen the blade.5146

delen the blade.5146

can not buy gems
tried 3 cards and paypal
baught some before but wont let me buy any at all now

Posted by: UKScope.3250

UKScope.3250

Can’t purchase gems, have tried using my debit card, which gives an approval failed error, and paypal, which asks me to try again everytime. Have called my bank twice, and they have said there is no block on my card.

Incident: 120907-003095

Posted by: Mattish.8501

Mattish.8501

I purchased 250 gems at 18:07~ GMT+0 which I then went on to use to buy Mystic Forge Stones * 5. My gems got taken but I never recieved the gems and doesnt show up in my recent purchases. I got the hint for when you first buy something, but no mail was there. I tried then buying a freebie hat which worked fine and shows up in the recent purchases.

Posted by: Omakha.8534

Omakha.8534

Can this get solved already? Even tried a different credit card that i have barely used on the internet. [Incident: 120907-004818]

Posted by: Omakha.8534

Omakha.8534

Can this get solved already? Even tried a different credit card that i have barely used on the internet. [Incident: 120907-004818]

Posted by: Jusal.5173

Jusal.5173

Bought gems with gold, worked alright, then tried to buy Black Lion key bundle but never received the keys.

Posted by: wuser.1265

wuser.1265

purchased 1600 gems last night, 200 was left over from my last purchase, so i had 1800 in total this morning. tried to buy a pet pack, and 300 gems were deducted but i did not recieve mail or a prompt or anything. i tried again (for reasons i dont know, maybe i was impatient and trigger happy with the mouse clicks) but as of right now, i have 900 gems, and no pets. in my recent purchases it only shows that i tried to purchase 2 pet packs (600 gems worth). so in conclusion, i have 900 gems missing with no items to show for it.