We’d like to try to keep all questions and concerns about the Black Lion Trading Company, Gem Store, and Trading Post in the same place. To that end, I’ve written up a large FAQ about these features with contributions from Curtis Johnson (our “guru” about all things to do with this subject) and Jason Smalling (QA team member). I will lock the thread, post the FAQ below, and encourage you to post your questions and concerns in the Black Lion Trading Company Forum.
BLACK LION TRADING COMPANY / GEM STORE / TRADING POST FAQ
The “Buy Gems” process doesn’t work for me through the Gem Store (Wiki link: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gem_Store.
First double-check your gem balance in game to see if the gems have been added. If not there could be a few reasons for this:
- The Gem Store may be in maintenance mode. The “Buy Gems” and “Redeem Code” buttons will be inactive but this is a normal part of the maintenance process and will clear up soon.
Suggestion: Check Twitter — https://twitter.com/guildwars2 -- for news about the maintenance period. (You do not need to have a Twitter account to read our feed.) Please wait a few hours and try again.
- Your CC provider may not have processed the purchase on their end.
Suggestion: Check your CC records to see if a purchase was finalized. Note: CC’s occasionally put a proposed transaction into a “holding pattern” so look for only the fully-processed purchases.
- For all other problems purchasing gems, please contact Support to investigate further.
I spent gems at the Black Lion Trading Company and I didn’t get my item. (Wiki link: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Trading_Post#List_of_Black_Lion_Trading_Post)
We suggest you try the following:
- Are you certain you completed the transaction?
Suggestion: Check your gems balance or view your gem purchase history on the right-hand side of the home page of the Gem Store. The purchase may not have processed at all, in which case you can initiate the purchase again.
- Gem purchased items are delivered through in-game mail. Do you have too many mails in your mailbox?
Suggestion: Try clearing some items from your mailbox to see if more mail “appears.” This indicates you have mail that can’t be delivered because the mailbox is full.
- Have you checked your characters to see if you retrieved the item with a specific character?
Suggestion: Check the inventory of each character and not the general inventory, alone.
- For all other problems, please contact Support to investigate further.
I made a trade through the Trading Post and I didn’t get my item(s).
First and foremost, you will find a lot of valuable information, tips, and suggestions in the Trading Post section of the official Guild Wars 2 Wiki. (Wiki link: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Trading_Post). Beyond that, here are a few pointers:
- Did you create a buy order instead of making an instant purchase?
Suggestion: Go to the TP and see if you have any active buy orders on the “My Transactions” page. Cancel the buy order and make an instant trade instead, keeping in mind that you must offer the appropriate price to complete a purchase.
- Are you conducting a large number of transactions?
Suggestion: You may need to retrieve some of your purchases.
- Did you check your account bank?
Suggestion: If the TP is unable to deliver currency to a specific character it will deliver it to your account bank, so check that, too.
- Are you considering TP fees?
Suggestion: Please note that there is non-refundable posting fee of 5% for each item you offer to sell and a sales fee of 10% that is removed from profits before the seller is paid for his/her item.
How to get help:
For help with all of these situations, we recommend you contact Support by filing a ticket through the “Ask a Question” tab on that linked page. Please include any relevant information, such as your operating system, your PC specs, and firewall info. Support will be able to look into your purchase attempt and help resolve the issue you have experienced.
Before you submit your ticket, you might try clearing your cache by using the following steps:
- Close Guild Wars 2.
- Click the Windows start button.
- Search for temp
- Find any gw2cache folders and delete them.
For tips on what information to provide in a ticket—mostly intended to ensure that you own the account (for security reasons)—please read this post and provide as much as possible to expedite the ticket.
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
(edited by Moderator)