FAQ: Gem Store / BLTC / Trading Post

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Kaeziel.5173

Kaeziel.5173

Incident: 120827-001121

Card approval failed.

Last update im making,not gonna fight with yall to take my money from a perfect card that is used to buy stuff online every week or so.Not to sound rude,love the game,but 1 week for this and still…Card approval failure are known spread issues.

Know people that never used their card for any online game let alone ncsoft still has issues…And i bought 2 copies of gw2 with this card,went tru perfectly fine,straight from anet site.Go figure,dumb system.

Posted by: KukulkanSerpent.3987

KukulkanSerpent.3987

I bought 800 gems worth ($10) almost a week ago and spent them on the dye packs but only got 1 dye pack and now my gems are all gone, I am missing the other 3 dye packs! I never received a response in support tickets, either.

120902-015370

(edited by KukulkanSerpent.3987)

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

You guys are awesome — thank you for ALL those details!

I’ve made the Gem Store folks aware of this thread, and they will be able to dig into these cases as time allows.

Thanks again.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: duckysempai.1793

duckysempai.1793

I think I messed mine up myself. Tried to buy with the wrong currency (If I pay in dollars, works out quite a bit cheaper for us UK folk) and ever since then I haven’t been able to buy gems. #120905-001054

Posted by: Wolfheart.7483

Wolfheart.7483

I had a similar issue. I bought gems on 8/30 and purchased a mini-pet pack and a dye pack and neither one came in my mail but the gems remain deducted from my account. Have a support ticket submitted (120901-016566) and waiting on a reply.

Posted by: EvilParfait.7538

EvilParfait.7538

Here’s my incident number… which I assume means ticket number? #120901-000327

I’ve had the card approval failed error off and on, but most of the time it simply won’t let me buy. I’ve tried paypal and three different credit cards, all are ones that I’ve been using for a long time. I would say it gives me the error 95% of the time, and I attempt it often.

I have the money, but you guys just don’t seem to want it!

(edited by EvilParfait.7538)

Posted by: Brayzen.6287

Brayzen.6287

same issue: #120905-001441

Posted by: zorifour.2173

zorifour.2173

Items not delivered
[Incident: 120903-003159]
[—-001:001242:64456—-]

Posted by: FaceLift.5312

FaceLift.5312

I can’t buy anymore Gems, I keep getting Payment Error through paypal and Card Approval Failed through Visa Card

120829-006992

Posted by: Moomba.1837

Moomba.1837

Same issue here as well.
[Incident: 120903-009331]

Posted by: dWhisper.6874

dWhisper.6874

I’ve had the same issue with Gem purchases. I got lucky with a single purchase, but it’s failed every other time. Tried a couple of different cards and PayPal, and I know they’re all in good standing.

[Incident: 120903-013675]

(edited by dWhisper.6874)

Posted by: Dana windfelt.8160

Dana windfelt.8160

Same issue — can not buy gems using my credit card, which is the same card I have used to make online purchases, including a second copy of gw2. 120901-002259

Posted by: tracergeek.2318

tracergeek.2318

Same issue #120905-001636

Posted by: Genesis Notch.1905

Genesis Notch.1905

Similar issue. I could not purchase gems using PayPal and Credit card recently.

#120905-001658

I am in charge of gas tanks. Tink Tink.

Posted by: Vanwuji.4758

Vanwuji.4758

120831-002205

I purchased 1600 Gems on 8/25/2012. My bank account has been charged for the Gems, but I have not received them. I have a ticket opened but no response.

Please help, I wants more character slot:(

Edit: Solved

(edited by Vanwuji.4758)

Posted by: Chris.5384

Chris.5384

120831-019003 and i got 800 via in game money, and as i used them to purchase another character slot, gems are gone and no new character slot…

Posted by: Aethersong.5189

Aethersong.5189

Im getting card approval failed as well
120828-007846

Posted by: earth.6309

earth.6309

i buy a pack of dyes and didnt gave it to me 120901-003701

Posted by: Kezzran.7064

Kezzran.7064

Attempted to purchase gems via PayPal, but never received them. I did submit a screenshot with my ticket, but have heard nothing back yet.

Incident: 120903-011486

Posted by: Azrael.4035

Azrael.4035

I also have been unable to purchase gems since sometime last week here is my ticket number #120905-001759

Posted by: tatsuyuki.7638

tatsuyuki.7638

[Incident: 120904-006868]
Similar issue here, unable to purchase gems via credit card or paypal

Posted by: Twelvedudes.2983

Twelvedudes.2983

Same issue have tried multiple cards, multiple methods… still cannot ever purchase gems. here is the ticket 120830-014619. I hope it gets resolved soon.

Posted by: malacain.2479

malacain.2479

Incident #120904-002229

Issue: No credit cards are working when trying to buy gems. Tried VISA, Discover, and AMEX. This my 3rd day attempting to do so.

Issue: Paypal is not working either.

All cards / paypal are working fine at other retailers…thanks.

Posted by: Rolfe G.5386

Rolfe G.5386

Hello, card approval failed from August 25th Headstart using same the same card during GW2 pre-purchase, filed support ticket 120826-008099 08/26/2012. Tried several times each day, successful gem purchase last September 2, tried to purchase 3 character slots but only got 2, now my remaining gems are missing. I can’t find the bank expansion tab upgrade either. Awaiting reply. Thank you.

Posted by: Circa.2516

Circa.2516

Same issue! Everything worked perfectly a couple days ago and now nothing works… Been having problems with it quite a lot!

Incident# 120831-005908

Posted by: ZodiacBrave.7409

ZodiacBrave.7409

I also purchased 2 dye packs and have not recieved them, ticket #120905-001972

Posted by: NuDimon.3027

NuDimon.3027

Support ticket 120903-001725.

The attatched screenshot hows what I’ve spent gems on. But look at the balance. I’ve bought gems twice. first it was 1800, so I had only 100 Gems left and I needed some Black Lion keys. So I decided to get the 4000 Gems Pack. Now my current balance is 2750. And I’ve not bought stuff for more then 1700 points… I’ve waitied for a response in customer service for about two full days now..

Recap: ANet Gem math
1800+4000-1700=2750 ?

Please fix this. It’s way too late for asking you to get it done in a timely manner since it’s been two days already…

Attachments:

Posted by: zackichan.1863

zackichan.1863

Had the same Problem and the solution is easy:

You can only save up to 10 mails ingame. just delete some of those with the envelope-symbol you recieved before and you should get another mail with your order from the gemstore in it.
You don’t have to delete ones with the heart-symbol, the envelope ones do it.

hope it helps!

Posted by: Spliskin.4256

Spliskin.4256

Unresolved ticket 120902-018068
On Friday my credit card fraud department put a hold on three attempted purchases I tried to make in the gem store. I contacted the fraud department and had that lifted. I have since tried repeatedly to buy gems but keep geting transaction failed messages. It appears you have a hold on my account preventing gem store purchases even though my credit card company is not blocking it now; I have called and verified with them twice that no transactions have been turned down since, the problem is with the gem store, not my credit card company at this point.

Posted by: zechsword.1946

zechsword.1946

On the first pre-launch day (25th of August), I thought it wise to purchase 2800 gems at $35, and obtain 3 character slots (800 gems each, total of 2400 gems). When the gems were obtained, I went through with the transaction, and sold the remaining 400 gems for gold in the market. When I logged off to character select to create my three new characters, I discovered that one of those transactions did not go through, yet I was charged the 800 gems for the slot never received.

I have already sent in a ticket regarding this issue, but have only had the generic “here is a list of problems you might be encountering” response, and have had no response since my update a few days ago. Any ideas on how I could either:

A) Receive my already paid for character slot.

or

B) Be reimbursed the 800 gems I spent and received nothing for.

I’m holding out on purchasing anymore gems until this is fixed.

Otherwise, amazing game, keep up the good work guys!

Posted by: Demented.4916

Demented.4916

I tried to buy a character expansion slot and it took my gems and did not deliver the item to me.

#120901-008847

EDIT: It’s been fixed, thanks for all your hard work.

(edited by Demented.4916)

Posted by: NightSaboteur.3074

NightSaboteur.3074

Bin trying to get gems for 3 days.

#120905-002064

Attachments:

Posted by: Wolfheart.7483

Wolfheart.7483

Thanks for the reply. I am aware of that workaround but that isn’t the problem in my case. I have only had a few mail items at any given time and at this point I have 0/10 as I already deleted them all.

Posted by: Kilrbunnie.4608

Kilrbunnie.4608

A few days ago, I purchased some gems and my first transaction went through but, the dye pack and mystic stones I did not receive.

I already sent in a couple tickets on this and no one has got back to me on what is going on. So I am posting my complaint here hoping to get some answers. Even if it’s we are working on this issue or something.

Posted by: Lucifer.9840

Lucifer.9840

same issue
#120904-006962
keep failing purchase gem no matter CC or PayPal

Posted by: Myrdoc.9310

Myrdoc.9310

[Incident: 120901-005790]

I cannot buy gems. At all. I’m TRYING to throw money at you and cannot. To expand on this, I have tried my debit card, my wife’s debit card (same bank account), paypal (same bank account), and two totally different credit cards (different accounts and even different issuing creditors. None of these work. Furthermore, I’ve tried all five of these options on both my account and my wife’s account. To go even further: I’ve tried all five of those payment options on both my account and my wife’s account on both my computer and my wife’s computer. So all-in-all I’ve tried twenty different payment/account/computer combinations multiple times, and I am unable to purchase gems with any of those combinations at any time. Also, before it gets asked, yes there is plenty of money in said bank account and plenty of credit on said credit cards.

For a time frame, the first time I would have tried to purchase gems on either account would have been Friday, 8/31/2012. Nothing has changed despite trying every day since then and submitting a support ticket (with no response).

Posted by: wyulf.8397

wyulf.8397

120901-013701
like others, i have tried with both paypal and new cc options, both also doesnt allow me to purchase any gems. i did use the card recently via paypal to buy gw2 digitally and that was fine so … i’m guessing this is something else~

Posted by: CoConaught.8153

CoConaught.8153

120905-002254
I made a purchase with my gems and did not receive the items.
Gem purchases are usually very fast and simple and I’ve been making them since day one of head start. This is the very first incident I’ve encountered.

Posted by: casper.2947

casper.2947

120903-009194 this is a ticket for a lag issue which has been resolved. It seems I wasnt the only one lagging. Anyway at the end i mention the primeval set not allowing me to apply

Posted by: Morrigan.9873

Morrigan.9873

Incident: 120903-003243
Basically, i purchased Pirate’s Captain’s outfit, and didn’t get it.
Been like 3 days now

Posted by: Dalek.3142

Dalek.3142

Just adding my name to the list. Both PayPal, cc’s, and debit cards don’t work. [Incident: 120904-003221]

Masti

Posted by: binkyvamp.1748

binkyvamp.1748

I am also having issues with the gem store. I have bought gems once successfully. After trying to buy more gems the day after (8/26/2012), it just keeps failing at the final approval stage. I’ve tried my debit card, my wife’s credit cards, and my PayPal. I keep trying every day and it has not worked since my first purchase.

My ticket number is [Incident: 120831-009921] and it was submitted on 8/31/2012 with no response at the time of writing this post.

Edit: I should mention that similar problems have been happening to me before with Aion for years, and even with buying the digital download of Guild Wars 2 itself. Mostly it was solved with some sort of 24-hour white-listing on NCSoft’s end, although it would be nice to have a permanent solution.

(edited by binkyvamp.1748)

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

On the first pre-launch day (25th of August), I thought it wise to purchase 2800 gems at $35, and obtain 3 character slots (800 gems each, total of 2400 gems). When the gems were obtained, I went through with the transaction, and sold the remaining 400 gems for gold in the market. When I logged off to character select to create my three new characters, I discovered that one of those transactions did not go through, yet I was charged the 800 gems for the slot never received.

I have already sent in a ticket regarding this issue, but have only had the generic “here is a list of problems you might be encountering” response, and have had no response since my update a few days ago. Any ideas on how I could either:

A) Receive my already paid for character slot.

or

B) Be reimbursed the 800 gems I spent and received nothing for.

I’m holding out on purchasing anymore gems until this is fixed.

Otherwise, amazing game, keep up the good work guys!

We definitely will fix this! I am moving to the Gem Store thread (and hoping you will see this). The team is eyeing the thread and will work on getting this issue addressed.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: Tamael.2167

Tamael.2167

— Cannot buy using PayPal or my Visa. —

TICKET:

120903-011357

(edited by Tamael.2167)

Posted by: Ninde.5784

Ninde.5784

Incident: 120904-006781
Please, take my money..

I do not have a credit card, therefore I am forced to use my PayPal account – but it does not work..

Posted by: fremon.9810

fremon.9810

I clear my mail all the time, there’s never more then 2 mails on average, and usually mails informing me to visit a dungeon.

As I said before, its not that I did not receive Dye Pack, the real problem is 200 Gem was deducted, but the “Recent Purchases” list shows nothing at all.

I think it could be because i bought it during server lag spike, i remembered clicking confirm a few times without getting any response.

Then I proceeded to relog, and attempted to buy again, this time the 200 Gem got deducted, but I did not receive any notice nor did it show up on the history list.

Any ideas? I have searched around for other people having similar issues, unfortunately i could find none.

This is putting me off from buying anymore Gem Store stuff, sigh…

Ticket still unanswered

Posted by: Sin.8174

Sin.8174

We definitely will fix this! I am moving to the Gem Store thread (and hoping you will see this). The team is eyeing the thread and will work on getting this issue addressed.

Thank you Gaile for keeping us up to date. Appreciate your help. <3

Orphyn X – 8X Thief – Tarnished Coast
Lady Raevyn – 11 Necromancer – TC
Fanboy- The New Godwin’s Law.

Posted by: Doebeln.8670

Doebeln.8670

I managed to buy gems, but never got them delivered. This was Sunday, I issued a ticket after half an hour, but still no reply from the support staff. And no gems either.

Bought 1600 gems for €20, PayPal, got receipts from both NCsoft and PayPal.

Ticket # 120902-009362

Thanks in advance

Posted by: BAZARK.1235

BAZARK.1235

every time I try to buy some gems by visa, I got this error page..

Attachments:

Posted by: Yavi.4038

Yavi.4038

Ticket # 120831-007680

I bought 800 gems ($10) bought a dye pack, did not receive it. When I didn’t receive it I figured it was broken, so I converted the rest to gold and got immediately banned for doing so it seems. My account was banned within minutes of converting the gems to gold. I watched my client close and pop up saying my account had be permanently terminated for buying gold or items with real world money.

I’ve also since put in tickets to get my account unbanned, without response for over 5 days now.

Attachments:

(edited by Yavi.4038)