Helpful Tips To Not Get Banned!

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Shadaka.1978

Shadaka.1978

Hello Moderators,

I feel like there is a lot of confusion due to recent events with banning. I wanted to create this post for those of us concerned it could be them next.

This is not a qq thread. so if anyone feels like lashing out pls do not do that in this thread.
The ONLY purpose of this thread is for the Moderators to give helpful tips to keep the rest of us non botters SAFE!

So leading into this part will any moderator, or all moderators that is available could you please give all of us some helpful tips/information to help keep us from being banned while in certain Bot hotspots?

Such as : Is there a dedicated Dev channel we need to pay attention to? If there is no chat contact, what other things should we do to prove we are not bots BEFORE a banning takes place? ect…..

Any helpful Tips are appreciated. Pls dont just say if your a legitament player you will be fine.. we need more helpful suggestions.

(edited by Shadaka.1978)

Posted by: grandmooch.8653

grandmooch.8653

I read that they cannot elaborate too much on this because they don’t want to reveal their hand to the real botters. avoiding bot heavy zones is one of the few that was mentioned. Not ideal at all but that’s what we got and have to deal with it.

Posted by: TxJBxT.9370

TxJBxT.9370

Sarcasm:Don’t go to the bathroom and refill your water bottle. You’ll get banned!(Reference to what I was doing when I got banned.)

No but seriously a lot of these bans seem random. So really there isn’t much you can do. Just go about your business and hope for the best unfortunately.

Posted by: Dark Revan.7634

Dark Revan.7634

I read that they cannot elaborate too much on this because they don’t want to reveal their hand to the real botters. avoiding bot heavy zones is one of the few that was mentioned. Not ideal at all but that’s what we got and have to deal with it.

Indeed thats what I read as well, they can’t talk about this issue because it would be helping the real botters. What we have been told is to keep away from areas which bots frequent (basically all high lvl zones….and some low lvl ones…) that to me is not acceptable as it would mean we are being deprived of content so we can avoid getting banned.

P.S. I am not QQ or lashing out in this post. I am just giving my opinion and although I feel that the reason for why they can’t reveal the information to be a good one, I don’t agree with the options we are presented with.

(edited by Dark Revan.7634)

Shadaka.1978

ok i edited out locations with groups.. but any Tips from Moderators to help us PROVE we are not botters BEFORE getting banned is what we need. Thank you.

Posted by: Archituethis.8274

Archituethis.8274

Well I am glad that if I ever get my account back I will be unable to enjoy playing in high level zones. Hurray! One more hurdle to farming for a legendary.

Posted by: GrapeGatsby.6937

GrapeGatsby.6937

To avoid botting areas is to avoid the few ways one can make gold at a respectable rate Cursed Shore and Frostgorge Sound. Despite the fact that it has been advertised that you don’t “need” to grind for anything(which is true in a very rather stupid roundabout way), most of the items that look even decently appealing(this is of course a personal opinion) require “some” time investment/gold.

Posted by: AndroidClone.1706

AndroidClone.1706

Maybe they conduct a history check of the account in question?

1. If the account is linked to a GW account that has been in good standing for over a 5 years should not be auto banned. Maybe it should be put into a queue to be reviewed by a human!

2. If the account invested in a significant amount of Gem purchases with money, may indicate that this person is not a botter, but a “pay to win” player.

3. If the account has been reported as hacked.

Posted by: Euler.3259

Euler.3259

I got to admit. Every few days I feel like I’m gonna get Banned for no reason. Yes, lots and lots of people who say they were banned illegitimately were banned for good reason. But it has happened to someone I know, and I do feel paranoid every once in a while.

Posted by: AndroidClone.1706

AndroidClone.1706

Well, I’ve heard about this happening when I played Guild Wars and Aion, but I always dodged the bullet and never got banned. I don’t play much games but I have not heard about this happening on Global Agenda or Star Trek online. Is this unique to NCSoft/ArenaNet? I’m actually hesitant to purchase any more NCSoft or AreaNet games in the furture.

Shadaka.1978

I appreciate all your feedback, but we really need a Moderator’s input on this..

Posted by: Natsu Dragneel.1625

Natsu Dragneel.1625

Sarcasm:Don’t go to the bathroom and refill your water bottle. You’ll get banned!(Reference to what I was doing when I got banned.)

No but seriously a lot of these bans seem random. So really there isn’t much you can do. Just go about your business and hope for the best unfortunately.

i got hit by that “bathroom and refill your water bottle”, like one minute i was on talking to some friends and my guild, i get back and apparently i have been botting ^^ ( which i most certantly have not :’( )

Posted by: chahlz.5178

chahlz.5178

I was in the middle of doing a skill point when I got banned aka black screen of death, no warning. The last thing I did before that was kill two dragons. :l

Posted by: Natsu Dragneel.1625

Natsu Dragneel.1625

I was in the middle of doing a skill point when I got banned aka black screen of death, no warning. The last thing I did before that was kill two dragons. :l

hmm, all these people getting banned from the dragons, i did jormag the night before i was banned, stayed up for a few horus after that then went to bed, but didnt get the ban untill being logged in for about an hour, while i went afk for like 2 minutes and when i got back i was kicked out for botting,

its kind of sad really, getting banned for something you have never done, or plan to do, but i guess its now the waiting game, and if by chance they decide to keep my account banned for no reason, i will go out of my way to get my money back ^^