Blocked/Suspended/Terminated -- Player Comments

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Mexay.4521

Mexay.4521

Because of the crazy storm headed towards me here in Washington D.C. im off work today…. but the only problem is, i Still haven’t gotten a response about my account being visibly Hacked and robbed by some random Chinese guy and then banned by the company (Anet) that is supposed to be standing up for me as a gamer…

Im sure whoever runs the servers can visibly see someone logging into someone else’s account repeatedly from sketchy ip addresses… but they ban me because they claim that i "Sold or assisted in selling GOLD? instead of issuing me a new password or something or even new user name all together…..

Anet is going around Shooting first and ask questions later….. :-( that’s how innocent ppl get hurt and it NEVER isolates the problem.. just makes things much worse….

Help me get my gamming on Anet,….I have a lil bit of faith left in Anet that says we can get this thing handled soon.. but from reading others posts and topics some have been hacked an banned going on 6 to 10 days now, with NO RESPONSE from Anet other than the 2 to 3 Lame automated messages, such as this one (Most recent i’ve recieved)

" Subject : Access Lost, Discussion Thread, Response Via Email from [GM] Luna @ 10/28/2012 03:05 PM, Message: Hello MIZERI, I am transferring your ticket to the Guild Wars Violations Appeals Team to further assist you. Someone will be in contact with you as soon as possible. Regards, [GM] Luna, Guild Wars Support Team……"

Yeahh….. ok….. righht… uhhhuuhh….what a Buncha bull!
Who’s dealing with a similar situation?
121028-002193

That attitude will get you nowhere.

At least you got a response, that’s better than most of us. The calmer about it you are, the more likely you are to get your account back. They simply wont deal with you if you just act angry. What this means for you is that they’ve passed it onto the people who deal with account ban appeals, so currently your ticket is in the hands of the people who unban accounts on a daily basis. You’re in the right hands.

Just stay calm and hope you’re in the right. Hope this helps a little.

Mexay Lathyre – Level 80 Warrior Greatsword/Longbow

Still waiting on Customer Support. #121025-001252

Posted by: Calico.7920

Calico.7920

Hear, hear Mexay.
I totaly agree with you … QQing and raging isnt going to help, not for them and not for you.
If i had the news you did i would even be glad, and know we had some progress.
But than again, i think the support needs a little time to read the info that i gave them.
(Updated my ticket so much with new info that it looks like the LOTR book already )
Only thing i can do is wait, and do some other stuff to keep my head clear of doom thinking.

like a old friend of mine always said “Be patient my young padawan”^^

Incident: 121027-001886

(edited by Calico.7920)

Posted by: Jrod.1203

Jrod.1203

Incident: 121022-000250

It’s officially been a week since I submitted a ticket for being wrongfully terminated for selling gold/ items. I even followed up on the 3 days or older thread with still no response. I hate to dampen everyone’s spirits, but I just had to post my disappointment with the customer service I’m receiving.

Posted by: Woolybully.2760

Woolybully.2760

Opened a ticket a few days ago, wrongfully terminated for modifying or tampering with the game. I havent logged into the game for about two months, and now I cant play at all.
Ref: 121023-002516

Posted by: aszemp.8594

aszemp.8594

It’s hard not to get upset when you are unjustly banned from a game you spent $50 to $70 dollars on (especially when you only got to play it for about a week). I just hope there’s some sort of compensation when it comes to the missed Halloween events. Maybe an extension? Seems like it’s gonna be a while before anyone replies to our tickets
-__-

Posted by: TheSaint.8072

TheSaint.8072

@aszemp.8594 Compensation ? There is no montly fee here, also more important, how can ppl banned for nothing trust Anet anymore ? Will you consider them serious ? I will not, and I’m spreading the voice with my guild, IRL ppl that I know (and was about to buy the game).

All Life end in Death, and Death…is only the beginning…

Posted by: aszemp.8594

aszemp.8594

@aszemp.8594 Compensation ? There is no montly fee here, also more important, how can ppl banned for nothing trust Anet anymore ? Will you consider them serious ? I will not, and I’m spreading the voice with my guild, IRL ppl that I know (and was about to buy the game).

I was referring to in game compensation, assuming we get our accounts back that is. And in regards to my trust towards Anet, i’m giving them the benefit of the doubt, assuming they’ll fix this broken ban system eventually.

(edited by aszemp.8594)

TheSaint.8072

Sorry aszemp.8594 but I will not trade my rights for some candy in game. And I’m not giving the benefit of the doubt…. while they are still human so they can make mistakes, they are not correcting nothing, this is not the first time, we are not the first nor the last.

Posted by: toocute.1759

toocute.1759

It’s been the 8th day since i was terminated for fraud payment. I added in new serial code but I’m still suspended. Can I get some help here? Thank you.

Ticket #121027-000349

Calico.7920

It’s been the 8th day since i was terminated for fraud payment. I added in new serial code but I’m still suspended. Can I get some help here? Thank you.

Ticket #121027-000349

if your Ticket is more then 3 day’s old, post it in this topic with your ticket number.

(edited by Calico.7920)

Posted by: cuth.8694

cuth.8694

I just came home from work today to find the dreaded “You’ve been terminated message.” Played last night, woke up, went to work, came home to this.

I’m a little disappointed at the number of days to get a reply I’m seeing being posted above.

I did get a spam in game mail yesterday that had 1c attached to it. I cannot remember if I hit Take All on that mail or not before I deleted it.

WARNING: Check your mail before you hit Take All. I am so used to clicking Take All after getting a mail because of Renown hearts. I wonder if taking that 1c got me banned.

Posted by: jeno.6435

jeno.6435

i have been suspended for like 4 days now… how long does these suspensions usually take?

Calico.7920

I think it depends on what your suspended for. so what ist it saying wen you try to log into the game ?

Posted by: jeno.6435

jeno.6435

something like “your acc has been suspended etc etc” i can’t check right now cuz im already at work…. i just wanted to know how long i hafta wait for this, already filed a ticket..

Posted by: easam.5914

easam.5914

My account was terminated with the real money trading
And I have sent 2 support’s tickets and wait for more then 1 week,
The answer returned by the supporting group is follow:
The decision to terminate the account is final. This decision has been thoroughly reviewed by our team, and we maintain absolute confidence in our conclusion. The account will remain permanently closed and is not eligible for reactivation under any circumstances.

At this time I must also inform you that any further inquiries regarding this account may be closed without a response.

Oh My God! I have play this game only 2 months and my characters only around Lv20!!!
How can i have the super item or many many golds to trade for real money!
This reply make me think i pay$59 to play an online game for months!
What the hell with the GM team!
I just get very disappointed with this game….
Strongly hope to get my account or money back……

Posted by: durzan.2107

durzan.2107

My Account was suddenly “suspended for an account issue” which is really vague. I submitted a ticked which was “set to a senior member for further assistance” about tow days ago. I understand if the guys in Anet are busy (and frankly I think all the claims of them banning people randomly is just conspiracy theories), but since it has been more than 72 hours since the suspension, I’m starting to get a little impatient.

I could understand if the suspension was for TOS violations, but giving such a vague reason is a bit annoying. I’m not even sure if I was hacked or what, one minute I was playing, then I log out and try to log back in not 5 minutes later and I’m suspended. I wonder if there is anyone that can help here.

the ticket is: 121028-001971

Posted by: Einzelherz.1497

Einzelherz.1497

It seems strange to me that Anet do shoot first and ask questions later, let alone do so during limited time events, like Halloween. Luckily, I’ve only had login attempts from China, but as my account name is public the very moment I decide to contribute to these forums, I’m not surprised. At the very least, a better description for the infraction would be nice I think.

It seems like a better customer service plan would be to email people who are on the to-ban/suspend list ahead of time since it appears a lot of these seem to be erroneous. I’m not really sure what the strike first approach does that’s better. Is it to freeze gold seller’s assets?

Anet also might need to implement a simple approach to serial key additions for all the illegitimate CC purchases that seem to be taking place.

TheSaint.8072

@Einzelherz.1497 just to let you know, I did not received any advice, last saturday night I was playing, sunday morning I was banned for something I didn’t have done. No advice.. no question, no mail… nothing. Pure American style…. first you are guilty, then you prove your innocence (if you can……).

Posted by: rafaelhen.4397

rafaelhen.4397

My account is blocked also, I am 6 hours trying to contact some tickets in support and so far nothing!

Posted by: getzzzonked.7609

getzzzonked.7609

It seems strange to me that Anet do shoot first and ask questions later, let alone do so during limited time events, like Halloween. Luckily, I’ve only had login attempts from China, but as my account name is public the very moment I decide to contribute to these forums, I’m not surprised. At the very least, a better description for the infraction would be nice I think.

It seems like a better customer service plan would be to email people who are on the to-ban/suspend list ahead of time since it appears a lot of these seem to be erroneous. I’m not really sure what the strike first approach does that’s better. Is it to freeze gold seller’s assets?

Anet also might need to implement a simple approach to serial key additions for all the illegitimate CC purchases that seem to be taking place.

I have seen this argument of shoot first, ask subject come up time and time again. The simple fact of it is that this is the only way for them to wade through the sheer numbers of Rules of Conduct and Agreement breaches that they must get.

This is a free to play game, run by a small games company, not some monolith like Blizzard with call centres speaking 6 languages all around the globe. Yes, their support system is flawed, but if a thousand players break 1 rule, banning all of them and then finding the innocent ones is a better way of dealing with it than working through all 1000 bit by bit. The majority of them know they are doing wrong, and will not appeal. The innocents will appeal, and will, if truly innocent, get their account back.

I don’t like it either, but it is the best way. I’m innocent. I’ve done bugger all wrong. I think I’ve been banned because I have mailed things to a friend whose account may now have been compromised, so the automated system has terminated my account permanently. If that same automated system has also kept 999 botters, scammers and gold sellers out of the game, then ANet are doing their jobs.

I can’t comment on the serial number thing going around, cos I don’t see how the hell a gamestop, gamestation, game, zaavi, amazon or whatever can sell a fake serial. If you’re buying from your local boot market, then yeah (or stealing from the internets tut tut)

Would just to say, I’ve been banned for 4 days nearly, missed the halloween event, and have trolled these forums trying to work out what I could have done wrong ahead of time, so that when I do get to speak to support, I am useful to them and we get this sorted. My understanding of ANets support system is my own opinion, and possibly not how it is actually being run

And on a side note, over the last 4 days of watching these forums so closely, there are a hell of a lot of people on here that are clearly guilty, and that pisses me right off. Cos them being in the queue when they know the kittened up and holding me up from getting back into the game just aint fair.

Edit: getzzzonked Ticket Number: 121027-001356

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
[EXE] Piken Square EU

(edited by getzzzonked.7609)

Calico.7920

Thanks for explaining and giving your story Getzzzonked… couldnt put it to better words like you did
My english typing isnt that great (but that is also the problem in my own language)

And true.. i have seen also some posters that are feeling dubious .
But there are also some that feel like that they are truly honest.

So lets hope that those people get a chance to make a appeal and that they are helped with there accounts (me being one of them)

I still have trust in ANet and there people to do the good thing for there clients.

Calico-Ticketnumber: 121027-001886

getzzzonked.7609

I know some people were wondering about the 1 copper mail thing in this thread.

Gaile Gray has just confirmed it on the three day thread that this will not get you banned.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
[EXE] Piken Square EU

Calico.7920

Ya i have seen it, so thats 1 of the reasons to get of my big yellow wall of post-its.
So now i only need to wait till they contact me.
But hé… now i have the time to catch up on the TV show 24 that i went watching a couple of day’s ago.
love all those conspiracy ^^

Calico-case number: 121027-001886

getzzzonked.7609

My account has just been unblocked!
Hello **********,
After reviewing the situation your account has been unblocked and you should be able to log in at this time. I apologize for the delay in our review of the action that was taken against your account.
If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us.
Regards,
GM Gus
Guild Wars Support Team
Have faith Mexay and Calico.
A big thanks to Gaile, Mexay, Tolunart, Calico and anyone and everyone else!

[EXE] Piken Square EU

Calico.7920

Cheers mate.. have fun in the game.
And good to hear some good news instead of all that QQ that i read all day
And glad that i could be of help and thanks for the support

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

I know some people were wondering about the 1 copper mail thing in this thread.

Gaile Gray has just confirmed it on the three day thread that this will not get you banned.

Receiving one copper in the mail is not even one of the many details we review in looking for proof of botting. You can relax about that.

Gaile, I understand ArenaNet’s need to deal with botters and gold sellers. But your “tiny percentage” is still a huge amount of players wrongfully banned. Being wrongfully banned is bad enough, but to add insult to injury is the fact that it takes so much time and effort to get ArenaNet to acknowledge their mistake.

After 5 days I still have never recieved any kind of response or explanation for why my account was banned. The gold selling notice on my log in screen is the only thing I have to go by.

So not only am I angry that you all banned me for something I have never done and never would, but ArenaNet’s customer support is so sadly lacking that we are treated as if we don’t exist. So of course we are angry, and rightfully so. How would you feel if you were treated as shabbily as we have been, for something you did not do?

121021-001711

I am sorry that you have waited so long and I do agree, it has been too long.

Part of the confusion is that the details of the incident seem to indicate a hack (like an RMT worker stole your account) and yet no evidence of an account compromise can be found. I’ll see if I can ping someone to dive into this one.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

My account has just been unblocked!

Yay, so happy to hear this! Thanks a lot for posting.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: Vambrace.8675

Vambrace.8675

I was just permanent banned like an hour ago….im a 37 year old construction worker that pure based this game two weeks ago… I play evenings and last weekend…. and apperently I am running a bot program according to Arena net who just decided to relieve me of 60 of my hard earned dollars. I logged in to the forums on my laptop which triggered an IP verification…… now I’m a BOT? Last time I checked logging in on a second computer isn’t against the rules…. I’m not HAPPY! I’m a new customer and this is not a good experience…. its pretty clear there are some serious issues here and its going rampant. Get it under control please.

Anvil Rock

Posted by: Korn.9452

Korn.9452

Same here Vambrace i play for the past 20 day when i have time i reach 80 made 2 dungeons and after 1H i got Account suspendet 45:6:3:2114 and from wath i read on forums is banned and i don’t no why.

TheSaint.8072

@ Gale Gray

In relation to the response at the user grim west.3194
here https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/If-your-account-has-been-blocked-suspended-terminated-Read-this/page/5#post591092

Part of the confusion is that the details of the incident seem to indicate a hack (like an RMT worker stole your account) and yet no evidence of an account compromise can be found. I’ll see if I can ping someone to dive into this one.

This is the worst thing you could ever say , even if it is the truth, banned someone for nothing ?

You do realize that players have payed the game to play… so that it mean that Anet are running a payed service, and Anet terminated the service without justification?

(edited by TheSaint.8072)

Posted by: GalYurrr.5481

GalYurrr.5481

Logged in a couple days ago for like the 2nd time in 2-3 months and sent a 2 week old gold spam mail back to the person who sent me it (didn’t see the 1c attached so didn’t know how to delete it for a while), now I’m banned for gold selling apparently…

I assume that in the time since I was sent the message that person got their account back and when I sent the mail back to them two weeks later they reported it and got me banned. So much grief over just hitting return (or whatever the button’s called) instead of delete…that’ll teach me.

121030-001898

rafaelhen.4397

I am very disappointed with the support, my account is locked for over 24 hours and none of my tickets were at least answered.

Posted by: Zaken.1806

Zaken.1806

I am very disappointed with the support, my account is locked for over 24 hours and none of my tickets were at least answered.

They have said the ticket wait time is about 24-48 hours. The more you spam them with tickets the more you slow down the tickets being process in a timely manner. The best you can do is file a ticket and wait for response. If its over 3 days and no response, the post on the sticky thread for review.

I see so many people on the forums saying they have multiple tickets that are not answered. One of the reason is they are flooded by duplicate tickets with the same problem.

Do yourself and others a favor and file one ticket only.

Posted by: Grim West.3194

Grim West.3194

Thanks for your reponse Gaile, it is the only communication I have recieved though. 10 days now and nothing else..

I have pretty much given up on ArenaNet. Since I have never done anything in any game to warrant this kind of treatment, this incident has shown me that your company doesn’t deserve my business or my time. I don’t know what software you are using to flag accounts but it is seriously substandard garbage if it thinks any action I did was even remotely connected to gold selling.

All it would take is for you to check my emails. Since I hardly ever sent or recieved any it should take you all of two seconds to realize your mistake. Or, if you flagged me for collecting mats then check how many alts I have. I am working on all the crafting professions, so I collect as many mats as I can. I have never sent any out though, ever.

And since I rarely have more than a couple gold on all of my toons combined it doesn’t make sense why you banned me. The only time I ever sent any silver out was as a tip for my guildee to make me an orange rifle. I sent him the mats and 50 silver. If that deserves a ban then I give up.

121021-001711

Posted by: Cerebus.4861

Cerebus.4861

I’ve apparently been blocked for botting, or other related activities, so now I’m waiting as well. I play a ranger that generally has a pet bear, and I spend a lot of time farming in areas with lots of bots. So, I can’t say that I’m surprised that someone flagged me as a bot at some point, but this is just unfortunate timing with the Halloween events. I have really enjoyed the holiday stuff so far and was looking forward to the last event today. I can only hope that the ticket queues get emptied quickly at this point.

Grim West.3194

Yeah Cerebus, seen a ton of bots in the areas I was playing too. On my main and low level alts. Reported them the first few times but after a while just ignored them and played the game. Probably even rezzed a few, I rez everyone I can, I don’t ask if they are a bot.

Don’t even understand the gold selling thing. If I really needed gold then I would just buy some gems and convert them using the trader. That’s what it is for and it’s cheap. It’s not worth my time to bother with bots or gold sellers.

10 days and still waiting..
121021-001711

(edited by Grim West.3194)

Calico.7920

Yup , i dont understand people that uses gold seller in game if they have a perfect working system already in game thats legal.
I have used the gems store a couple of times already, and i like how it works.
So why compromise an account with goldsellers rubbish.
its just like buying a watch at a store or from just a guy on the street.
With one you know you have the real deal, and also have service and guarantee if something is wrong.
The one from the street is for sure rubbish or stolen and forget about service if it is broken.
Thats why i use the ingame store instead of a shady goldseller

Calico-case number: 121027-001886

rafaelhen.4397

any of you had the account unlocked?

getzzzonked.7609

I have Rafaelhen. Look back on the last page for my full post.

I have requested the reason for my banning in the first place. Support should get back to me in the next two days with a reason, and I’ll share it via PM with the likes of Mexay, Calico and some others. I won’t be posting it on the forums as I do not want to give any insight whatsoever to the botters, scammers, fraudsters and general kittenz that are clogging up the support queue with their falsely professed tales of innocence.

[EXE] Piken Square EU

rafaelhen.4397

Man, I’m very upset with this, is a holiday in my country, I would like to play and it happens, worst of all that I have not even support bracket :/

hopefully unlock my account soon.

Calico.7920

Thanks allot getzzzonked, i would appreciate that allot
I would do the same, but i think you get the feedback faster then me atm.
But yes rafaelhen, people that are in there rights have gotten there accounts back.
There is also one in the 3 day’s topic that has his account back a few minutes ago.

So just wait a little longer and it will all work out.

Calico-Ticket Number: 121027-001886

rafaelhen.4397

I’ll wait :/

Thank bro’s

Grim West.3194

Well it took 10 days but they finally restored my account. This was an extremely frustrating experience, and I was really, really pissed off at first. That faded to indifference a few days ago. Not sure I want to even play anymore.

Anyways, good luck everyone. Hope you get your accounts back.

Grim

Calico.7920

Thanks Grim and gratz on getting it back.
And i think if its sinks down a bit, you will find the pleasure in gaming again.

Cheers and have fun.

(edited by Calico.7920)

Posted by: Mileto.4310

Mileto.4310

Hi all! I was recently (less than an hour ago) banned for botting while waiting for Mad King event in LA Piazza. I don’t use any program&co (i’m a grown man and i know the rules :P) and I hope is an error ^^
Tnx for answer!

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: ChibiKyuubi.6524

ChibiKyuubi.6524

what is Arenanet going to do for the people missing the halloween event because of
Arenanet’s own mistake. we shouldn’t be punished with missing it.

Calico.7920

I know… at first i also disliked to miss the event.
But that feeling passed, and now i more glad to get my account back.
And true …nexst year is a long way off, but there will be more events then this one to attend to.

Posted by: ChibiKyuubi.6524

ChibiKyuubi.6524

same thing happened to me today. im waiting for them to fix it.

Posted by: Zaken.1806

Zaken.1806

You have to submit a ticket to support and wait for them to reply to you.

Posted by: Mileto.4310

Mileto.4310

Already done, just wondering why it’s happened :P new botting system this patch?