Mr Sparkles code doesn't work...

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Pedra.4381

Pedra.4381

The codes are EU codes, which was a mistake. But customer server cannot magically convert all the unredeemed codes that are still in circulation into NA codes. Those of us who received EU codes at the Anniversary Bash are having to reach out to customer service for them to manually apply the minis to our accounts. And to be fair, it seems that most who have reached out to customer service reported that customer service applied the minis to their accounts fairly quickly.

The only case so far that has been drawn out is Strawberry’s, who has a unique case that is more complex than a simple “the code is region-locked for another region, we have to manually apply” issue. All we can really do is is be here for Strawberry for emotional support and hope that she is able to get situation resolved quickly.

Good morning. I attended the event. I was provided a EU code. When I got home that night I tried to input it and got the invalid message. I ticketed it that very night. Long story short, I’m still waiting and the person I attended the event with is waiting too. But to your point about converting to NA codes, my point would be that they shouldn’t have to. It’s just another example of almost getting something right. Almost.

So, I’m glad most of you have gotten yours, but I’m certain not all have.

JonPeters.5630:]I do still believe ranger is the profession in most need of improvement…

Posted by: Manoa.5897

Manoa.5897

The codes are EU codes, which was a mistake. But customer server cannot magically convert all the unredeemed codes that are still in circulation into NA codes. Those of us who received EU codes at the Anniversary Bash are having to reach out to customer service for them to manually apply the minis to our accounts. And to be fair, it seems that most who have reached out to customer service reported that customer service applied the minis to their accounts fairly quickly.

The only case so far that has been drawn out is Strawberry’s, who has a unique case that is more complex than a simple “the code is region-locked for another region, we have to manually apply” issue. All we can really do is is be here for Strawberry for emotional support and hope that she is able to get situation resolved quickly.

Good morning. I attended the event. I was provided a EU code. When I got home that night I tried to input it and got the invalid message. I ticketed it that very night. Long story short, I’m still waiting and the person I attended the event with is waiting too. But to your point about converting to NA codes, my point would be that they shouldn’t have to. It’s just another example of almost getting something right. Almost.

So, I’m glad most of you have gotten yours, but I’m certain not all have.

If you submitted your ticket that very night and still have not gotten a resolution, I highly advise you to submit a post in the thread I posted earlier in this thread to ask Gaile to review your ticket. I’d totally expect things to take a little longer due to the holiday. But even if you deducted out the holiday, you both have been waiting three days, which shouldn’t happen. That thread I posted is intended for cases just like these.

Chaos Spatulai [Chef] | Paragon City Elite [PCE]
Henge of Denravi

Posted by: Strawberry Nubcake.7163

Strawberry Nubcake.7163

Nubcake and Mr. Sparkles will be be together soon! I have no idea what caused this problem, but it’s finally resolved. Good luck to anyone else out there who might be experiencing the same thing! Hopefully you will also get good news in the near future!

To Manoa and everyone else who offered moral support: THANKS! <3

Now to get ready for my dentist appointment.

Manoa.5897

Wonderful news Strawberry! So glad this finally got resolved for ya!

Henge of Denravi

Posted by: Cenka.9357

Cenka.9357

I’m having the same issue as well, also submitted a ticket but that’s good news that Nubcake and Mr sparkles will be united, hopefully Xorra will be too!

Manoa.5897

I’m having the same issue as well, also submitted a ticket but that’s good news that Nubcake and Mr sparkles will be united, hopefully Xorra will be too!

I’m totally confident you will! Strawberry Nubcake had a trickier situation than most, as for whatever reason, the code was somehow redeemed a couple days before acquiring it from ArenaNet at the Anniversary Bash.* Those of us who have a case of not being able to redeem because the codes are region-locked to EU (which is the vast majority of cases) have a FAR less complicated issue and can get our situations resolved pretty easily by customer service.

*(I think I may have puzzled out how this may have happened. There were some fan sites and news sites that were running contests to win the Mr. Sparkles code. Perhaps the code on the card was one of those that ArenaNet gave to those sites for those contests, but the card was mistakenly never taken out of circulation. Total speculation, but it makes the most sense).

Henge of Denravi

(edited by Manoa.5897)

Posted by: Ehara.3641

Ehara.3641

I didn’t get around to trying my code until late Sunday evening and got the same message everyone else did. So I scanned both sides of the card and then opened a ticket with customer service and included the scans. Yesterday (Tuesday) afternoon they manually applied the code to my account and when I logged into the game Mr. Sparkles was waiting for me in my game mail. So unless you have a special case like Strawberry, you ought to get the same result. With the number of people at the Anniversary Bash on Saturday I’m sure they’re being flooded with tickets, so the best thing to do is be patient and try not to badger them too much, or at least use kind language when contacting them.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

We’re looking into this issue and I’ll post when we have info on this.

One thing to consider: If you purchased a code from someone else, that code may not be appropriate for your region. There are EU codes and NA codes and they do not work across regions. Now, clearly that’s not the only answer to this situation and the issues that folks are having. We know that a few people who got a code in their hands at an event have had issues, so we’ll continue to investigate the matter.

Thanks for your patience!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)

Posted by: salt.6759

salt.6759

Having the same code could not be redeemed issue as everyone else, also got my code directly from Anet at the anniversary bash. Does anyone else have Chrome flag the support page as dangerous? something about an invalid certificate…

Posted by: Washu.6935

Washu.6935

Yes, their SSL certificate appears to have expired.

Regarding the card, I as well obtained one from the Anet bash in seattle (which was fun), and had to go through support to have it applied to my account. It would appear that the cards are region locked (according to the support ticket). My GUESS is that they had some left over cards from gamescon that went into our bags and that’s why some people got ones which are region locked to the EU instead of NA.

Manoa.5897

One thing to consider: If you purchased a code from someone else, that code may not be appropriate for your region. There are EU codes and NA codes and they do not work across regions. Now, clearly that’s not the only answer to this situation and the issues that folks are having. We know that a few people who got a code in their hands at an event have had issues, so we’ll continue to investigate the matter.

Thanks for investigating this issue Gaile! We very much appreciate it! It appears most (if not all) of us who have posted about this issue in this thread are folks who attended the Anniversary Bash in Seattle and received their codes directly from ArenaNet. If I had to hazard a guess, perhaps some EU-region-locked Gamescom cards got mixed in with the goodie bags that were handed out at the Anniversary Bash?

I do have to say that I received an incredibly prompt resolution to my issue and kudos to your service team for an outstanding job for resolving my issue and getting the EU code I received at the Seattle bash manually applied to my NA account. I’m looking forward to the same excellent customer service for my boyfriend, who is encountering the same issue and submitted his ticket this morning.

At this point, I’m just sticking around to provide moral support to those who are encountering similar issues, help them understand why they’re encountering the issue and what they should do to get their Mini Mr. Sparkles code applied to their accounts.

Henge of Denravi

Posted by: Dewbunny.7825

Dewbunny.7825

Just got home from PAX which was great, the Bash was fun, got to talk to Dev’s at the party later and everything. (stayed around a few days to explore Seattle) Sat down, excited to get Sparkles and was crushed when it gave me an error =(

I sent in a ticket right away with a SShot, Hope they can help

Posted by: Strawberry Nubcake.7163

Strawberry Nubcake.7163

Yay! Gaile got around to posting! Wouldn’t removing the region blocks be the easiest way to fix that issue or is there a specific reason why NA and EU need their own codes?

Another little update about my situation…
Nubcake and Mr. Sparkles were finally united last night! She looks like the minipet when standing next to him and I love it!

Also, it seems like what happened to me wasn’t common at all. The supervisor handling my case said I was the only one reporting a used code from the event (so far) and how I ended up with it is still a mystery. Maybe that information will put a few minds at ease.

Posted by: Gwethelyn.6182

Gwethelyn.6182

Oh… Does that mean that a code received during the anniversary bash party will not be working on a French server? I might wait before giving it to my guildie then…

If the region block is not removed, I can always send it to some of the NA friends I made at the Bash! Mr Sparkle just needs to be loved U_U

Manoa.5897

Oh… Does that mean that a code received during the anniversary bash party will not be working on a French server? I might wait before giving it to my guildie then…

If the region block is not removed, I can always send it to some of the NA friends I made at the Bash! Mr Sparkle just needs to be loved U_U

The problem that most folks seem to be experiencing is that the NA players who attended the bash and received Mr. Sparkles codes are having trouble because the codes they received are region-locked to EU servers. I’ve seen at least one person who posted that they gave their code a friend who plays on the EU servers and that EU player was able to apply the code to their account without issue. Those of us on NA servers are having trouble and are having to submit tickets so ArenaNet’s customer service reps can manually apply the code to our accounts.

No matter what region you’re in, you can still get the code onto your account. It’s just those NA players who received EU codes from ArenaNet are having to some extra steps to get them onto our accounts.

Henge of Denravi

Posted by: WatchTheShow.7203

WatchTheShow.7203

I’m getting the error as well. Sent in a support ticket already. 130906-000667

Edit: Support manually applied the code to my account and Mr. Sparkles and I are taking on the world!

(edited by WatchTheShow.7203)

Posted by: Merrydew.4079

Merrydew.4079

Mr Sparkles still doesn’t sparkle for me in game… sigh…

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

Hey Gaile, I didn’t visit any of this and am just an outsider, but some NA-people play on EU servers and some EU players play on NA servers. Maybe that might be some cause of these problems??

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Posted by: Aranvar le Voyageur.7521

Aranvar le Voyageur.7521

Hello…

Sorry if i make some languages mistakes but i’m not user to write on the english forum; but i should try because i guess that no one will respond in the french forum…
I juste receibe a card from a friend of mine who went to PAX because he knew i play GW2 wich allows to get the mini mister sparkle, but I’ve got some questions before go try activate the code (because its seems chat a lot or people still have problems to activate it and i wouldnt make a mistake trying to).
First point; nothing indicate me on the card if it was made for EU or NA serveurs (but its seems mainly for NA and i’m on jade sea, an UE server, and their is a lot of chance that it sont work), should i activate it taking a risk ? Is the code unavailable if you try once and if it fails ?
Second point, i read that someone were given a code already used before PAX starting… Could it be a solution to get a different code if its the same problem for me ?

Third point; if the code was designed for NA server, will i be able to get a different version for UE servers, using support tickets ?

I really love the golem and the asuran technology in general (got 3 asuras ont 10 characters), and by a chance of getting one, im afraid reading all these problems that mister sparkle could be the missing piece or my collection…
At least i could buy an north american account, but it could be a kind or waste for a single item ans i wont be able to play with my guildies.

So that is the problem, thanks for reading this post, and also more to each answer

Édit; thanks for answering…but finally it doesnt matter, the card seems to be false or already used, it was like a bad joke; ill try another way to get a code, eBay maybe…ans if i fail, i really hope the code will be available inngame or on another big évent…but closer this time…

(edited by Aranvar le Voyageur.7521)

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

Hi Aranvar,

As people are saying, at the NA-event they handed out EU codes as well. This is leading to the current confussion and problems cause it seems the arenanet people there where not properly asking if one wanted an EU-version or an NA version. My advice is to try and redeem the code.

There is a change that it will work. If you get an error message that it isn’t working then you should write support. The last reports here are that they are manually fixing this for people who had the wrong region. There are French speaking support agents, so you can write them in French. Good luck

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Folks, if you are having a problem, please DO contact Support. In most cases, they will be able to help you, so don’t hesitate to submit a ticket. (When I say “most cases” naturally they could not help you if you happened to buy a bogus code from an unscrupulous third party, but I’m sure none of you did that, so file that ticket! )

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: Lithril Ashwalker.6230

Lithril Ashwalker.6230

do not even mention selling in game items/codes on ebay or elsewhere, do not mention buying it online or charging gold or in game items for the code…it is a breach of the EULA and before anyone says “its allowed” confer to a dev/support because people selling Aion Wing codes in gw1 were terminated/suspended and the items removed from account/inventory nulling the entire trade.

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

do not even mention selling in game items/codes on ebay or elsewhere, do not mention buying it online or charging gold or in game items for the code…it is a breach of the EULA and before anyone says “its allowed” confer to a dev/support because people selling Aion Wing codes in gw1 were terminated/suspended and the items removed from account/inventory nulling the entire trade.

People sell codes. And people, daily, get ripped off by buying them. If you think a GW2 Team member talking about that is a bad thing, I’d argue it’s a good thing to make it clear that:

• You should not purchase codes from third parties
  • If you do, Support is extremely unlikely to be able to help you.

I hope you understand my comments better in that context.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Lithril Ashwalker.6230

People sell codes. And people, daily, get ripped off by buying them. If you think a GW2 Team member talking about that is a bad thing, I’d argue it’s a good thing to make it clear that:

so…you could say Gaile, that purchasing in game gold or items is just as bad -_- it IS against the EULA, you could please clarify that.
people in a specific guild i know are doing it, inbox me.

Previous

Gaile Gray

so…you could say Gaile, that purchasing in game gold or items is just as bad -_- it IS against the EULA, you could please clarify that.

I don’t think it’s required for me to “clarify” a policy that is well known. I feel quite sure that everyone knows that buying in-game gold or items for real world money is completely disallowed.

I responded to your concerns earlier, but at this point , as I explained here – https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/Private-Messages-A-Personal-Request/first#post2402428 – I do not have the bandwidth to accept personally infraction reports. Please do not assume that means I don’t care, it simply means that I have many other tasks and there are better ways for you to report this. I suggest you use the Ask a Question tab on the support page, linked above, and report to the team who can investigate your report.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Lithril Ashwalker.6230

I don’t think it’s required for me to “clarify” a policy that is well known. I feel quite sure that everyone knows that buying in-game gold or items for real world money is completely disallowed.

I responded to your concerns earlier, but at this point , as I explained here – https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/Private-Messages-A-Personal-Request/first#post2402428 – I do not have the bandwidth to accept personally infraction reports. Please do not assume that means I don’t care, it simply means that I have many other tasks and there are better ways for you to report this. I suggest you use the Ask a Question tab on the support page, linked above, and report to the team who can investigate your report.

meh forget it old friend…i got the point across, btw, off topic…still collecting bows and minipets in gw1?

Posted by: Aranvar le Voyageur.7521

Aranvar le Voyageur.7521

ok thanks for answering again, I will contact french support, hope they are allowed to change an NA account to a EU account and will help me, because it seems to be the problem, my friend who went to the PAX event and brought back some codes didnt know if the cards were for the right aera (because its not written on).
and sorry for my edit, I was so frustrated to see that my code wasnt working that in my disapointement i forget to contact support…
I also cant connect gw2 very often, the last time I logged in on my own computer was tow weeks ago…