A Light In The Darkness/Forging the Pact bug

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: trickfred.4097

trickfred.4097

(I did try to search and see if this was already posted, but I did not see it.)

I completed A Light in the Darkness alone several days ago, and chose the ‘suffer’ fear at the end of the mission. I am certain of this, as I am on my third level 80 character, and I chose the other two fears on the other two characters, and wanted to see the third one I had not yet chosen.

Just now I completed Forging The Pact with another player (who chose ‘letting an innocent die’ as their fear in the above mentioned mission), and as there were no choices to make in that mission specifically, I felt safe in taking the reward. But now, my next story mission is ‘Tower Down’, and not ‘Striking Off the Chains’, as it should be.

Is there a way to fix this, or is my personal story now tainted by playing with another player and taking the reward from a mission that had no bearing on this choice?

Posted by: Jeffrey Vaughn

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

Next

Posted by: trickfred.4097

trickfred.4097

Hi, thanks for noticing my thread, but after reading the info at that link I am still left wondering if there’s any way to fix my particular problem, as it is not mentioned in that thread (which has not been updated in about a month) – and some of those issues appear to have been fixed for people (“Affected players were reset back to the personal story step they were on before the skipped content”).

Also, should I re-post my details there?

Edit: Rather than re-posting and bumping again, I will just edit this in – thank you for the second response; I will simply wait on finishing that character’s story until a fix is in place. I am patient.

(edited by trickfred.4097)

Previous

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

Next

There are a couple of unrelated bugs, the skipped content/reversion is specific to an issue that occured the first week or so after ship. There is currently no fix planned for the issue you ran into, since it’s a fairly complex problem with no easy fix. Unfortunately, at this point, the only real option is continuing your story as it is now (with the mis-step.)

Posted by: Seveer.6421

Seveer.6421

I have this bug too, there I was hoping to do all story lines, not the same again

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

There are a couple of unrelated bugs, the skipped content/reversion is specific to an issue that occured the first week or so after ship. There is currently no fix planned for the issue you ran into, since it’s a fairly complex problem with no easy fix. Unfortunately, at this point, the only real option is continuing your story as it is now (with the mis-step.)

Umm… could you make a sticky with all the bugs we might run into that are “not planned to be fixed because it’s not easy”? Would probably be interesting for everybody to avoid those instead of learning the hard way.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

Posted by: Deathful Dante.1239

Deathful Dante.1239

Umm… could you make a sticky with all the bugs we might run into that are “not planned to be fixed because it’s not easy”? Would probably be interesting for everybody to avoid those instead of learning the hard way.

Would be very nice to have that list public. Sounds the right thing to be done IMO.

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

It’d also be nice to have their entire bug tracker visible to the public, but sometimes we take what we can get and we need to not constantly ask for more and more and more. I’m happy having the question answered, and don’t think we need a massive public bug list maintained by ANet employees on the forums. I’d rather them spend their time fixing issues, instead.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Iruwen.3164

That’s not what we asked for (although I like the idea of a public bugtracker, this wouldn’t work because most people simply don’t understand how these work). It would just be nice to know about more or less gamebreaking bugs people will likely run into that are not about to be fixed.

Previous

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

That’s exactly what I linked to. There are a still a couple of story steps that can cause problems in co-op, because (by default) if you accept the story progress, it will throw you onto the story owner’s track. (So it will set you on the owner’s fear storyline, even if you chose another fear earlier.)

Iruwen.3164

Ah, should’ve read the whole thread, thanks.