Adnul Irongut Bug.

Adnul Irongut Bug.

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Jade Arkadian.9280

Jade Arkadian.9280

Well…still after the adjustement, this is still insanely difficult… I feel it’s pure luck wether i win or not rather than skill.

Adnul Irongut Bug.

Posted by: Lamont.5973

Lamont.5973

Paul

first of all, obviously the fix did not work as his sig move carries over from one match to the next. Secondly, I do not think any of the developers actually played this or such an obviously bad bug would not have made it into the game. thirdly this particular opponent is just very badly designed leading me to believe, once again, that no one actually tried this before it was released.

Adnul Irongut Bug.

Posted by: mcecny.5073

mcecny.5073

The bug is with Belcher’s bluff and not with this guys ability. My damage and healing percentages got messed up. I now heal for 10% and take 20% damage whenever I drink. That goes for anyone else I compete against making almost every fight really hard.

Adnul Irongut Bug.

Posted by: Athares.2506

Athares.2506

Maybe if indicators were right (drinking alco – 10% dmg, drinking water – 20% healing), this guy wouldn*t be so unbeatable.

Adnul Irongut Bug.

Posted by: baflgraf.1472

baflgraf.1472

Maybe if indicators were right (drinking alco – 10% dmg, drinking water – 20% healing), this guy wouldn*t be so unbeatable.

Yeah. It seems like the percentages are reversed. Is that working as intended?

Adnul Irongut Bug.

Posted by: MysticHLE.7160

MysticHLE.7160

Yeah took me a good hour last night to get lucky. Is it really by design that drinking Omnomberry Juice = 20% HP reduction but drinking water = 10% HP gain? ’cause it seems the other way around for the NPCs…

Adnul Irongut Bug.

Posted by: Stroper.5134

Stroper.5134

I think there is also a need to reduce the amount of times he calls bluffs. I’ve literally gone through several games in a row where not only will my first bluff called, but he then calls bluffs right after his buff disappears.

I’m not saying it has to be easy, but they have to at least give us a fighting chance. :\

Adnul Irongut Bug.

Posted by: Retrofraction.6742

Retrofraction.6742

I have spent 2 days trying to beat this jerk… THIS IS TOO HARD! THERE IS NO STRATIGY IT NOTHING BUT LUCK NOTHING BUT LUCK AND I CANNOT WIN!

Adnul Irongut Bug.

Posted by: Killyox.3950

Killyox.3950

This is some seriously kittened kitten.

It’s BORING because it’s pure rng and absolutely nothing else.

He seems to receive only 5-10% dmg from drinks, so he can drink a lot and get lots of belches for interrupting our bluff and water while forcing us 95% of the time to drink.

Either make use use signature moves like NPCs can or limit them to 1 time as well.

I don’t know who designed him but he had to be high apparently and that dev should post unedited video of him fighting it.

I had him start freaking critique at 100% many times! 2000 dmg per drink 1000 heal with water and he has it reversed.

It’s not fun, it’s not challenging, it’s pure rng.

Adnul Irongut Bug.

Posted by: LiewKW.6410

LiewKW.6410

Can someone Anet confirm that 20% health reduction (juice) and 10% heath gain (water) is intended, contrary to what the tooltips are saying?

Adnul Irongut Bug.

Posted by: Astaldocair.9063

Astaldocair.9063

The bug fix that was implemented this morning prevents Adnul from using Critique on the same turn it ends, granting a minimum of one turn before he can use it again. The reason he belches so often is because he never fakes (or extremely infrequently) so his belch comes off cooldown often.

so because he drinks a lot, he can use belch and water 2times in a row and always knows when i drink water or fake? is that about right? so u secretly gave him the ability of the grandmaster, also he can turn on his ability for single rounds without the symbol showing?
And to that guy telling me he was at 100% when hewas at 50 and then won using chemistry, show me how i also was at 100 when he was at 50 but funnily i never let me win i had him 1drink away from dead at least 10times but he alway manages to belch my heals and force me to drink from then on

one fact i tried 2hours yesterday and one today….

Adnul Irongut Bug.

Posted by: shades.2850

shades.2850

Can someone Anet confirm that 20% health reduction (juice) and 10% heath gain (water) is intended, contrary to what the tooltips are saying?

I feel this is definitely bugged. Here’s the situation:

What my tooltips say:

Juice: Percent Reduced: 10

Water: Percent Restored: 20.

What actually happens:

Out of 10000 initial health:

Example 1:
Round 1 – I drink juice: Health goes from 10000 —> 8001 (loss of 1999) – Approximately 20% damage/reduction (1999 out of 10000)

Round 2 – I drink water: Health goes from 8001 —> 9071 (gain of 1070) – 10.7 % healing (1070 out of 1000)

It seems that damage from drinking stays at 20% (1999) while healing from water is at 10.7% (1070).

Example 2: Keep Drinking Juice until I Lose (Loss of 1999 each time)

Round 1 : 10000 —> 8001 —R2--> 6002 —R3--> 4003 —R4--> 2004 —R5--> 5 —R6--> Loss

I hope this gets fixed/clarified soon. Thanks!

Adnul Irongut Bug.

Posted by: Athares.2506

Athares.2506

I’ve finally won against him, after 3 and a half hours of “playing”. It wasnt really entertaining, and i dont have satisfaction for winning, but rather a relief. That wasn’t fun.

Adnul Irongut Bug.

Posted by: Grileenor.1497

Grileenor.1497

The bug fix that was implemented this morning prevents Adnul from using Critique on the same turn it ends, granting a minimum of one turn before he can use it again. The reason he belches so often is because he never fakes (or extremely infrequently) so his belch comes off cooldown often.

No Sir. Don’t know which Adnul you played against. My Adnul fakes every third or fourth move, belches every second or third, depending on when I might drink water. There is so much bad taste to this mini game, it can’t belong to a single bug.

Adnul Irongut Bug.

Posted by: FateOmega.9601

FateOmega.9601

This is an exercise in patience. He have so much hp and critique so much. Sometimes he even blocks bluff without using critique!

Does he even follow the same rules as us? It seems his belch only need 2 drinks.

What shades said is correct. Dmg from juice is 1999 yet water only heals 1070.

(edited by FateOmega.9601)

Adnul Irongut Bug.

Posted by: TheDarkCynder.4618

TheDarkCynder.4618

I have been sitting with him for over an hour now and most of the time I couldn’t even get his health below 50%. Surely this isn’t how ANet envisioned this??

Adnul Irongut Bug.

Posted by: MisterOiZo.4359

MisterOiZo.4359

I’m doing this right now just to get the achievement and all I can say is that this Adnul Irongut is not fun to do at all. Even if I win I will walk away and never come back, this is only about luck and nothing more. I can not understand that anet seems to think this is what people like??? even if i get the achievement at all, it will not feel like victory, it only proves that I was persistent in trying, only to loose maybe 500 times versus 1 win… Arenanet Please make this more enjoyable instead of a pain in the …

Okay, I am done with this, I will not try it again before ArenaNet makes this more enjoyable to do, it’s just ridiculous… period.

Obvious pointers of why this Adnul Irongut is virtually unbeatable until he allows you to win due to sheer luck:

1. “I saw that” way too often (almost every 1st, 2nd or 3rd round)
2. “Lets make this” way too often

I tried different tactics to defeat him, the closest I ever got to winning was him at almost 5% health, and that was because I got very lucky. This proves to me that is is a sheer luck game and I can tell you Arena Net, this “Adnul Irongut” content is way beneath your quality standard, that is why I decided to leave it and hope it dies or gets a decent make over.

(edited by MisterOiZo.4359)

Adnul Irongut Bug.

Posted by: blinguchingu.6918

blinguchingu.6918

So I’ve been doing this two days in a row (not literally) like 3 hours straight each day, and I can’t seem to defeat him, why the heck does he “watch me closely” right at the beginning of the game? why right after his stack of no bluff ends I use water or bluff and he freaking belches at me, and why does water regen SO MUCH health for him like it seems that rather than only his own sig move, he has at least two other sig moves! and I can’t agree with the sig move being useable by players only once. Call me w/e but this IS unfair if the AI can use it as much as they like URGH

I know people said the same things a LOT of times, but I’m raging SO bad right now I have to get it off my chest

I could outrun a centaur…

Adnul Irongut Bug.

Posted by: halcyonzephyr.5628

halcyonzephyr.5628

Just get health regeneration food. That works.

Adnul Irongut Bug.

Posted by: Blacklight.6127

Blacklight.6127

Still spams buff confirmed as of right now. As soon as his ended he put it up, no “1 turn pause”. Bug fix confirmed as a failure in all aspects. Anet please post unedited vid of beating him twice in a row.

Adnul Irongut Bug.

Blacklight.6127

Also his “AI” is little more than like playing rock paper scissors against someone who demands you tell them what you’re going to pick, or tell you what you have to pick. Arena net, on behalf of the community, we are all very disappointed.

Adnul Irongut Bug.

Blacklight.6127

Furthermore, he can (and this is from my last attempt at him): Burb+buff,water,burp,water+buff all in succession. He is a critique, correct? therefore I believe he should never drink water.

Adnul Irongut Bug.

Blacklight.6127

15 minute match with him, if he would stop healing every other turn (not making this up. EVERY. OTHER. TURN.) I would have emptied his full health bar 4 times. He seems to spam heals when below 20% health. Anet please fix?

Adnul Irongut Bug.

Blacklight.6127

Also his buff carries over still. Just lost 40% of my health in 2 rounds at the beginning and the message “You cant bluff now, your opponent is watching you closely”

Adnul Irongut Bug.

Blacklight.6127

Imma bleed him to death, raise him as a jagged horror, and watch him bleed to death again

Adnul Irongut Bug.

Posted by: Azure Fang.8605

Azure Fang.8605

I’m just going to list the issues I’ve had with Adnul, likely echoing many in this thread. Yes, these were all experienced after the “patch”

• Using Critique while it still has 1-2 charges remaining active.
  • Critique charges carrying over to next match after a loss.
  • Bluffing round after being caught in a bluff.
  • Drinking water two times in a row, or drinking before 3 rounds have passed since last water.
  • Belching two times in a row, as well as after only having bluffed, or before 4 drinks have passed since last belch.
  • Taking only 10% or less damage on all drinks while the player takes 20%.
  • Healing 20% with water while the player only heals 10%.
  • [Cosmetic] Calling out “Bear” or “Over Already?” instead of his normal speech when activating Critique.

Adnul Irongut Bug.

Posted by: WhiteAxolotl.7562

WhiteAxolotl.7562

I think it’s time anet pressed on the dev-dispenser

Adnul Irongut Bug.

Posted by: Grezko.7950

Grezko.7950

from what i can see the main problem with me is that while i a, taking 2k dmg from drinking and healing for 1k he takes 1k dmg and heals himself for 2k.

Someone messed up in a really noobish want in the coding.

Officer of Executed [EXE] from Piken Square.

Adnul Irongut Bug.

Posted by: Eurafrica.9307

Eurafrica.9307

There is absolutely no reason to have not tested this prior to making Belcher’s Bluff part of the meta achievement for Bazaar of the Four Winds. Adnul Irongut is essentially impossible right now, especially after you “fixed” food but forgot to fix the following:

Drink is dealing 1999 damage to players (Let’s call it 20%)
Water is healing for 1000 damage (10%)
The tooltip specifically indicates the opposite. Moreover, the NPC’s appear to be benefiting from the *proper values.*

You cannot implement temporary content to suck people in and not properly test it.
With achievements giving actual bonuses now, and living story being your new primary focus, you’ve certainly done a horrible (and embarrassing) job of implementing both.

I hate that this had to be my first forum post, I’m in utter disbelief.

Adnul Irongut Bug.

Posted by: Ian Smith.8690

Ian Smith.8690

I don’t know if this game is bugged or not but I fail to see the fun. Not because I don’t like the idea or it isn’t my idea of fun but because it just seems to have no real direction on how to play or what I’m looking for in my opponent. Sure there are tool tips but, if these folks are to believed, they aren’t entirely correct. It would be one thing to be able to develop a strategy but there doesn’t seem to be any rhyme or reason to what the NPCs do. Perhaps it is just too complicated for me, I honestly don’t know. What I do know is that I seem to be fighting an opponent that I do not actually have the proper tools to fight against.

I think a good developer should be a person not a professional. —DayZ designer Dean Hall

Adnul Irongut Bug.

Posted by: elastoplast lady.4152

elastoplast lady.4152

Critique should only apply to the next drink.

Where Wolves Fear To [PREY] Leader
EU : FSP

Adnul Irongut Bug.

Posted by: Nabrok.9023

Nabrok.9023

This needs to be fixed. It’s ridiculous. I don’t know if it’s bugged or just bad design, either way it needs a fix.

“I’m not a PvE, WvW, or PvP player – I am a Guild Wars 2 player”
Tarnished Coast – Dissentient [DIS]
All classes

Adnul Irongut Bug.

Posted by: Iryskel.9340

Iryskel.9340

i’ve been trying to defeat him for nearly 1.5/2 hours..its impossible even with rejuvenation boost etc.

completely agree that while players like challenge, making an achieve impossible takes all the pleasure out of the game.

Adnul Irongut Bug.

Iryskel.9340

especially, how can my FIRST bluff already be caught…?! its ridiculous

(edited by Iryskel.9340)

Adnul Irongut Bug.

Iryskel.9340

i really have to say. still doing the same. at the end, his buff is up all the way and from 50% hp i suddenly lose. really really un-fun.

Adnul Irongut Bug.

Posted by: baflgraf.1472

baflgraf.1472

This needs to be fixed. It’s ridiculous. I don’t know if it’s bugged or just bad design, either way it needs a fix.

It’s bugged. Not only does his special carry over to the next round if a round ends while it’s active, but the heal / damage percentages are inconsistent for the player / NPC.

Pretty obvious that this wasn’t bug tested.

Adnul Irongut Bug.

Posted by: Lamont.5973

Lamont.5973

Maybe we need to start submitting an in-game bug report every time we play him until they fix the bugs

Adnul Irongut Bug.

Posted by: Meriem.3504

Meriem.3504

Imma bleed him to death, raise him as a jagged horror, and watch him bleed to death again

I talked about that roughly in another thread but using his supreme reigning gut as the component of my spell!

Also if that is your entire algorithm for his drinking, this is why there is an issue. This is fine as a possiblity but if it does happen, this specific instance should have a CD on it self among others as not to just RNG someone to death. There is going to be RNG but how to properly handle the RNG is key which again if that is all you have in the programming, thats the issue. This has and had to be done in other games because the RNG with certain elements became extremely overpowered or useless.

Example: Ability A is an evasion skill to dodge 50% of attacks. Depending on RNG, this ability could be useless or OP. Thereforth it was added in that after 3 consecutive dodges or hits, the 4th would be the latter, an auto hit or auto dodge.

This example is a real example from a different game btw.

(edited by Meriem.3504)

Adnul Irongut Bug.

Posted by: Rukh.9287

Rukh.9287

4 teams creating content, no teams testing content. Also did anyone thing maybe we don’t want EVERY EVENT to be all jumping puzzles? maybe its just not the game for me.

Adnul Irongut Bug.

Posted by: Aerin Dark Water.6283

Aerin Dark Water.6283

Oh, well this explains why he’s so dang hard to beat. I kept hearing shout “BEAR” and the other thing was “your opponent is watching you closely, you can’t cheat now” nearly every other turn! AND He caught me on the very first turn! The others weren’t that hard, so why is this impossible. XD

Glad to know now that he’s bugged.

Want an art commission of your character? PM me to find out how! In-game gold art commissions!

Adnul Irongut Bug.

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

He sometimes leads off with the critique and tends to spam it when you’re below half health to stop you from having any chance of winning. I had him down to 5% or less and he just had to spam critique, especially when there’s little option for me to do anything else but drink and take damage.

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

Adnul Irongut Bug.

Posted by: Shuriko.8130

Shuriko.8130

Well he truly is annoying. had 3 games where the start of the game he has his buff on passive hideing and i cant see it truly annoying as i trying to bluff and take epic damg… then you go for water and Bang… he blerches ya… god fix him

Adnul Irongut Bug.

Posted by: Grey.5731

Grey.5731

- First he heals way better than I do even if he has more total hit points.
- Drinking reduces just small percentage of his life.
- He seems to use belch almost always when I try to heal, he can wait 6 turns and non stop drinking just to wait for me to use healing then counter it with belch…
-When he has less than about 70% hp he starts spamming his special ability, I have maybe one round between the uses.
- Brought him about 5 times to 0 hp (at least there was no health bar) I had just a little bit more than 1000 and then I always lose no matter what me or he does.
- Also it is not uncommon to see him spot me bluffing right after the start even if he has not his special ability on. This situation also occurs during the fight.

About 3-4 hours of trying to beat him, still didn’t manage to win. Even if it’s intended to be that hard the reward for this should be better than just a couple achievement points.

(edited by Grey.5731)

Adnul Irongut Bug.

Posted by: XacTactX.6709

XacTactX.6709

LOL it’s funny to see all the people complaining above. Not every piece of living story content is going to be easy, and it’s not all designed to be done 100% by everyone. If you can’t handle the challenge don’t ask for a difficulty reduction, try harder. Here are some tips to help you win. Irongut drinks water every 3 rounds just like the player, sometimes he drinks every 4 rounds. Learn the pattern and interrupt it with belch. Don’t drink your water willy nilly, wait until he uses his signature move, that way you don’t have to use skill 1 and take damage as often. It took me about 10 tries to beat him but it’s not impossible.

Anet likely didn’t want to remove the armor stats entirely because…well,
we’ve all seen what happens in games where there’s no disadvantage to taking your pants off.

Adnul Irongut Bug.

Posted by: Shizlam.4310

Shizlam.4310

XacTactX i don’t wanna be a kitten or reduce your acomplishment but i gotta say you probably got lucky truth is this one challenge is just pure luck i actually took him to his last drop of hp just so he could critique me and bam i was dead, his patterns are not regular and if you won it was probably because you got lucky and were able to match your “attacks” with his

Adnul Irongut Bug.

Posted by: Shuriko.8130

Shuriko.8130

LOL it’s funny to see all the people complaining above.

if he didnt cheet i wouldnt relly complain but his skill spam from the beging and not showing the buff? that is nothing but a bugg and an unfair one.

Adnul Irongut Bug.

Posted by: blud.8174

blud.8174

This is really unfun. There are some patterns, I admit, but the mechanics are really frustrating and circumvent challenging to go into just not being fun. Even with strategy, so much just relies on luck. He sometimes uses belch as soon as it’s ready and sometimes he waits until you’re drinking water. Not to mention, the ridiculous amount of damage you take compared to him. It doesn’t even matter that he doesn’t bluff at all because juice doesn’t damage him that much anyway.

Adnul Irongut Bug.

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

Adnul is the definition of tedious content, made all the worse by the boring mechanics of this mini-game, the bugs, and the fact that it has been “fixed” when it clearly has not. So many people have already listed the evidence that Adnul and the game mechanics themselves are still bugged, that I won’t bother.

C’MON! This is extremely frustrating, and things like this have been happening with every single patch. Instead of being excited for new content, the patch bugs were all I could think about during the video touting the 2-week schedule…

Adnul Irongut Bug.

Posted by: blinguchingu.6918

blinguchingu.6918

LOL it’s funny to see all the people complaining above. Not every piece of living story content is going to be easy, and it’s not all designed to be done 100% by everyone. If you can’t handle the challenge don’t ask for a difficulty reduction, try harder.

We’re not expecting every content to be easy, but we expect it to be not 80% of the time impossible. And this game is done, so that people can enjoy it, and get achievements = everyone.
And, excuse me? We’re not asking for difficulty reduce (well that does come along but) we’re asking for BUG FIXES. Because if him “eyeing me closely” on the first turn isn’t a bug, and him getting less damage from the drink and more healing from the water isn’t a bug… if they’re all part of him being harder… Then I’d rather they just remove this game completely. it’s just not fun to play…

I could outrun a centaur…

Adnul Irongut Bug.

Posted by: Binabek.8516

Binabek.8516

Sadly I can only log in later on Sundays through Wednesday so I couldn’t eat a mango pie. However, the Human girl and the IronGut Norn characters need to be TONED DOWN A LOT! They spam the signature moves over and over until you cannot do anything but waste hours trying when you cannot win unless you were lucky enough to employ the cheats a few days earlier. WTG – simply kills all the fun of trying to do these new monthly events because they cannot be completed. Hoping for another MMO to take me away from GW2 – Fun does not equal sitting in the same place for 8 hours trying to beat an unbeatable NPC.