Annoying Sound Bug

Annoying Sound Bug

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Aristar.4095

Aristar.4095

ditto here, happens sometimes with tons of people on the screen (swamp boss, centaur boss, etc). seems like GW2’s sound engine bugs out and crashes.

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Essarious Quw.8946

Essarious Quw.8946

Happened to me today in a dungeon, and I couldn’t restart the client as we were midway through so spent the rest of the time deaf. Missed a lot of audio cues and needed ressing more than usual, but I did have fun doing my own voices for all the cutscenes.

This has been happening to me for a while but never happened with the Beta Client even during the zergiest of zergs in world vs gate.

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Skyrant Kangaroomouse.7458

Skyrant Kangaroomouse.7458

Happened in WvWvW when an angry mob of 20+ Yak’s Bend attackers all murdered the keep lord.

It is related to the amount of players (or sounds) played at the same time. Most likely some buffer overflow or crash of the sound engine.

It is very easy to reproduce. Spawn a huge amount of NPC/Bots let them all use an ability repeatedly (for the sound efffects) and then wait.

“The DR System is not restricting players, it just here to help them realize how they want to play!”

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Daemonic.3102

Daemonic.3102

Same problem here, i can’t play around alot of other players for more than 5 mins without getting it. I get this horribly annoying pulsing tone over my speakers. Have to close game to shut it off or the game crashes if i leave it for a few mins.

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Ronin.7381

Ronin.7381

What is everybody using? I have a G9 Wireless headset and get this issue during massive events.

I’m kind of skeptical on the fix, I see an admin posted that they’ve identified the problem and are fixing it but what’s the status on that? It’s been eight days since that post and we’ve had two major patches so far within the past week.

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Bridget Morrigan.1752

Bridget Morrigan.1752

I just had this same sound bug while fighting Tequatl. Reported with details via in-game bug submitter. Just wanted to let you know it’s still ongoing.

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: cubed.2853

cubed.2853

Would be interessting to know if all of you modified you sound settings? Today I played for 3! hours WvW without it. But before I joined in I set sound settings to fastest and most stable. This may be luck, but it may also be the reason, at least for me…

it was written…

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Darken Rahl.5824

Darken Rahl.5824

Just wanted to report this frequently happens to me in WvW, I have to mute the sound, otherwise the broken noise gives me a headache and I can’t restart the client, otherwise I have to requeue for WvW.

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Slade Conundrum.5746

Slade Conundrum.5746

Happens to me anytime i’m close to a large scale battle be it WvWvW or one of the dragon events. Sound is gone and replaced with that unbearable repeating tone. When not in WvWvW my game will crash seconds after this bug begins. Seeing as I can mute GW2 when this occurs and all other sounds be it from streaming videos or w/e else still work fine it definitly isn’t my sound card.

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: fozon.3519

fozon.3519

Hey guys,

You should try changing your Sound quality to “Fastest” instead of “Highest Quality” in your option. Since then, i’ve never encountered this bug again. (played a couple of days)

Let me know if it works for you.

Peace!

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Matthias.1065

Matthias.1065

Hey guys,

You should try changing your Sound quality to “Fastest” instead of “Highest Quality” in your option. Since then, i’ve never encountered this bug again. (played a couple of days)

Let me know if it works for you.

Peace!

This probably works because when you set to fastest there’s less sounds played together. The bug only happens when theres’s alot of sounds together (like in wvw and big events).

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Amo.5241

Amo.5241

Same probleme, plz fix it :/

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

After lowering my sound quality from “Highest Quality”, I have not gotten this sound bug since, whereas I previously was subjected to it daily.

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Skyfire.2963

Skyfire.2963

When playing around lots of players, my sound completely stops and all I can hear is wuou wuou wuou wuou over and over, even if I tab out. I have a Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio with latest driver 1.4.90

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Lichy.6014

Lichy.6014

my sounds randomly goes partly or completely off sometimes.. usually these random atrocities happen when i move to a new area through a portal but sometimes it happens on the fly.. dunno why too. it usually get fixed after a short time.. less than a min.

its as if it doesn’t load the sound fast enough XD

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: zehawk.1094

zehawk.1094

Had this bug (again) in WvWvW and I noticed it was after the timer on top reached the end. Some weird noises like an annoying countdown started and then the game just froze !
I was looking at the timer so I know it happened then. If someone else can confirm that it might help solving the issue

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: JemL.3501

JemL.3501

yeah, is like a beep with 1-2 secs interval

I took an arrow to the knee

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Lancelot.3927

Lancelot.3927

I have never got the sound problem on default settings. That being said and my experience from other games with sound issues could be driver problems which either have to be corrected by a new driver or GW2 patch. For the four games I did have problems with sound it always happened at Highest Quality. The problems ranged from crashing, total loss of sound, feedback, or looped sound. I’m sure it will be corrected with patch since Creative don’t do much on there end.

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Cosmo.8176

Cosmo.8176

Had the game with a notch under high quality sound and so far have not met the bug again, though i can’t say i’ve done extreme lots of WvW to prove it.

Grandmaster Cartographer. Scraping walls like no other.

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: twistedgamerz.7413

twistedgamerz.7413

I have never got the sound problem on default settings. That being said and my experience from other games with sound issues could be driver problems which either have to be corrected by a new driver or GW2 patch. For the four games I did have problems with sound it always happened at Highest Quality. The problems ranged from crashing, total loss of sound, feedback, or looped sound. I’m sure it will be corrected with patch since Creative don’t do much on there end.

i can confirm this as i have only had the problem when on highest quality. never any problem with it with anything lower.

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Rogue Jimmy.4908

Rogue Jimmy.4908

I had this happen a couple of times. Last night it was in a large WvWvW battle. The funny thing was right around the same time it also happened to my guildmate who I was partied with. We live 1000s of kilometres apart so I’m pretty sure it has nothing todo with “being in the same room” or “localized interference” :P

I’m using on board sound chip which is a Realtek chipset. Again, closing the client and open it up again fixes the problem, but not something you want to do after waiting in WvWvW queue for 40 minutes.

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: LeroyJenkins.1942

LeroyJenkins.1942

I had it , then it stopped, but my friend still has the issue.

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: vento.7913

vento.7913

last night i was with my team on dungeon and an annoying tapping was over running other game sounds.

But we tracked the cause.The sound was from the “walking” of the pet of the ranger in our team. As soon as another pet was summoned the noise disappeared.

We were able to identify it because by the end of the fight the pet was still moving around and the sound remained until he stopped.

Mad Vento – Norn Warrior – squishy lvl 80
Desolation since Beta

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Pandeh.5248

Pandeh.5248

I have this aswell. Happened twice today. More than before >

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Clem.2963

Clem.2963

Just experienced this bug when fighting Jormag.
Was trippin balls when I heard it.

It started a few minutes into the battle and after about 15 seconds, the game completely froze.
Was able to ctrl+alt+delete and kill the GW2 process.

Started the game up again to continue fighting Jormag and the sound was there right away, this time the game did not crash and I was able to finish fighting Jormag (with the sound turned off, of course…).

(edited by Clem.2963)

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Skolops.2604

Skolops.2604

Also now seeing a bug where sound effects play only intermittently.

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Kethryes.5712

Kethryes.5712

Hello

I had this bug several times when fighting Dragons (any) with lots of people around.

I also had a bug where some very specific sounds effects were amplified one hundred time, while the rest of the sound track was at normal level. I think I had people around (well… there is always people around ^^), but not as much.

Usualy I do not know what is the source of the sound effect, but one time I was convinced it was the sound of the flapping of the wings of a fire elemental invoqued by an elementalist (However my own fire elemental invocation, as I am also an elemntalist, never triggered that bug so far)

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Zehkari.6839

Zehkari.6839

It has become a lot worse since the last patch. Especially in large scale event’s I get the sound bug followed by game client error. I enter back in and get it again.

O_o

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Papillion.9715

Papillion.9715

Today i was afk in Lion Arche’s and when i came back, i was having this sound too.

ÎM A WILD GIRL RAAAAWWWRRRR!!!1!

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Daily.5381

Daily.5381

Egon, I think I get the same thing, but it doesn’t seem to have a pattern to it. I rarely have Firefox going when I play, since my game slows down some. It sounds like someone just hit a baseball out of the park, just a huge CRACK. I don’t think it is ever when I am in a battle, usually standing around or running.

same exact thing happening for me.
happens in and out of fighting with no clear reason.

I have to stop drinking milkshakes.
I hate all those boys in my yard.

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Kirby.4951

Kirby.4951

only started having this problem a couple days ago after I had to verify my files for gw2. Now it happens during large engagements in spvp and WvW.

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Puppet of Fate.9461

Puppet of Fate.9461

I am having this same issue too. I don’t know if it’s related but it seems to start around world events for me.

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Jecht.4589

Jecht.4589

It happened to me again last night during the Assaulting Balthazars Temple in the Straits of Devastation. First the siren noise started then about 15 seconds later, the GW2 client froze. I had to end the process to get out of it.

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Luckyo.1028

Luckyo.1028

Currently the only criteria appears to be the amount of sound effects playing at the same time. This bug only happens in big zergs, be it WvW or big PvE events.

The one thing I’ve tried was adjusting the size of the sound buffer, and it had no visible effect. I still get the bug fairly often.

Also, I’ve experienced what egon vidar is talking about, albeit I do not use chrome. Sometimes being alt-tabbed out of the game produces a weird loud noise.

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Sir Richter Belmont.3258

Sir Richter Belmont.3258

I am not a big PvP person so i cant give input on that but i have seen the sound fade out in straits meta, a couple of time when going from temple to temple (to be exact when the gaint just got up).
on the other hand I run alot of dungens, the NPCs have the same problem, and that is not a mass populated area, its just 5 people plus 2-5 NPCs, there sounds sometimes just shut, or BLAST, and it isn’t once, it is every run, same place, same spot, same NPC, i got down now that I have to take my headphones off >.< (CoF, second path magg after bomb event and he is looking at the auracyte, before he gives you the water cannon) and i have my master sound down and it doesnt matter.

i dont usually get the PvP sound blasts, and i have been to WvW a couple of times, i will check it out later.

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: thejams.3120

thejams.3120

just posting to say i have had it too thought my new Corsair Vengeance 1500 were broken glad to hear is just a bug. any way hope you guys can fix it.

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Zarazakzr.2076

Zarazakzr.2076

I also get the same annoying sound bug. Awaiting that fix…

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: fotten.1805

fotten.1805

Been having this issue since headstart, never happened in beta and just happened again a hour ago.

i5 2500k @ 4.2 / 16gig mem / nvidia 570 phantom / xonar ds 7.1 soundcard

Only happens in WvW, never happens in PvE. No amount of changing settings etc fixes this, only way is to drop out of gw2 and relaunch which ends up meaning re-queueing into WvW.

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Milu.6834

Milu.6834

PLEASE PLEASE make this go away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
EVERY time, very annoying, can’t play more than 15 min and then I have to restart and rejoin the queue.
I have a very good machine, dedicated soundcard, latest drivers…

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: fotten.1805

fotten.1805

and just happened again.. in WvW

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Lediath.7593

Lediath.7593

Happened for the first and only time to me yesterday.
Restarting the game fixed the issue.

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: axeN.7086

axeN.7086

Happens for me when doing Jormag when theres loads of people and in WvW..

Really annoying please fix

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: UntamedLoli.2978

UntamedLoli.2978

This bug really falls under gamebreaking. I’m lucky enough that I don’t crash when it happens, my friend isn’t so fortunate. Neither this bug nor the broken audio positions/channels were in beta.

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Makovorn.1706

Makovorn.1706

This audio bug started to appear on my system while playing WvW, just outside the Green base. It is now a recurring problem and I can’t participate in WvW with my guild properly, because there is no way to stop this siren sound without ending the GW2.exe process – which means, queuing up all over again.

This is not a practical way of playing and I agree , if anything, this falls into the game-breaking category. It’s been almost half a month since this problem has been acknowledged by the ArenaNet developers. Let’s hope a fix for this is forthcoming.

Also (as seen in other, similar threads) this issue is not tied with the Sound Blaster X-Fi. I run a Roland UA-25EX interface.

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Itachi Hitokiri.6348

Itachi Hitokiri.6348

just got it again playing wvw siegeing a tower and i used elixer s from my elixers trait since my health was at 25% and i got the annoying noise again had to restart.

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Itachi Hitokiri.6348

Itachi Hitokiri.6348

just got it again fighting claw of jormag

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Cherrysoul.3507

Cherrysoul.3507

So i went to do the Shatterer event last night (aus time) on Gate of Madness, it was my first time there, so after an hour or so he spawned, and of i went attacking his foot, about half way though the sound changed to this warning style beeping, then my client crashed about 2 mins after this, log back in, finish him off, no loot, no medal, no nothing? I def hit him (a lot) as a ranger that is no issue… why no loots?

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Cosmo.8176

Cosmo.8176

Let me say the solution again. DROP SOUND QUALITY A DIAL UNDER HIGHEST. I never had it since i did that.

Grandmaster Cartographer. Scraping walls like no other.

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

Few days ago I experienced it the first time in PvE: At Frostgorge Sound. So far only in WvW. Since then not again(but been in other maps only since then). Seems random somehow.

Annoying Sound Bug

Posted by: Victor.5819

Victor.5819

The two dragon fights have the problem sometimes.
In WvW (especially when siege) it happens every one or two hours.
And one unexpected sound crash in WvW on the road countering Mesmers.