Another 100% Map Completion no reward thread

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Slugonaut.9841

Slugonaut.9841

I just finished 100% map completion with the 2 new POI’s in LA tonight. I received the Been There, Done That title and achievement but no reward chest. I tried going into Chantry of Secrets multiple times to see if this would give the chest but had no luck. I also went back through every single zone to see if I missed a reward chest (as also has been suggested) but no luck there either.

I filled out a bug report in game and decided I would come here and make a thread as well. Please fix my account, as I feel I’ve exhausted all suggestions for a solution to this issue.

80 Norn Thief Ebay [CoT]

(edited by Slugonaut.9841)

Posted by: Akatan.2761

Akatan.2761

It just happened to me as well…
Received Been There, Done That.
Also tried Chantry of Secrets and went through every zone.

Posted by: Liz.5921

Liz.5921

It’s probably just bugged right now due to the patch. It happens. Hopefully it’ll be sorted out soon. Good luck!

Veliya Elyse of [ARES]
Human Elementalist <3
Dragonbrand U.S.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

If you desire individualized help, filing an in-game report will not garner any. As stated on the report window, you will get no response. You must file a support ticket to enter into a dialogue with CS.

Make sure you have checked each city and WvW map (all colors), as well. Good luck.

Posted by: schnibitzel.1674

schnibitzel.1674

exact same thing happend to me today

Posted by: confusion.3264

confusion.3264

yep, happened also to me, did lion’s arch completion (had it completed before patch) and didn’t got the gifts.

Posted by: Melborne.1476

Melborne.1476

Really wished I would have read the forums before I completed it on one of my characters today, I’m out the rewards now.

Spam bug reports in-game. Sounds like a good idea to me.

Akatan.2761

Guys I’ve just submitted a ticket with whole details including my character, my map completion bar and counts, my achievement page, and one screen-shot for each of 25 zones , 4 WvW maps and 6 cities we need to complete after I’ve got the achievement.
I will post and let you know if this ticket goes through well.
Anyway, after I do all the stuff they required me to do and prove them evidence, I guess it either should be I am extremely unlucky or it is related to the current patch. The under attacking Lion Arch’s map might be the key cause this problem.

Posted by: Melborne.1476

Melborne.1476

So true, Akatan; Something new comes out and the game breaks.

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

so many map completions today…

Posted by: Essence.3248

Essence.3248

Feels a bit better to know I’m not alone in this.
And yeah I’m pretty convinced it has something to do with the patch.

Slugonaut.9841

So, I got a response to my ticket………..I was told the following:

“The “Been there. Done that.” title is intended to be awarded to a player when a single character on his or her account has visited every location required for World Complete. In your case, it appears that the title was awarded prematurely, and one or more required locations have not yet been visited.

To receive the rewards for fully exploring the world, please carefully review each map for missing Points of Interest, Skill Challenges, Renown Regions, and Waypoints with the single character with whom you are trying to finish the task. The most common areas that are missed are World vs. World maps, Chantry of Secrets, and the various city maps, such as Divinity’s Reach, Black Citadel, etc.

Once your selected character has visited every required area, you will receive the rewards."

My map shows all world areas completed as well as all WVW areas completed. I’ve tried the Chantry of Secrets as well and nothing. I’m at a loss to what they expect me to do here………does anyone else have any suggestions? I mean how the hell do you get the achievement “prematurely”???

80 Norn Thief Ebay [CoT]

Posted by: Glem.5126

Glem.5126

same here, 100% map and no gift, 2 new PoI in LA under attack was the last PoI

Posted by: MistyWinter.9670

MistyWinter.9670

Uggg this happened to me today also. First Character =( Yes it took me that long but what a disappointment. Finished an area on pvp maps couple of things in main towns that I really thought I had but then LA had one also. grabbed that and that should have gave it to me. Received the tittle but no box.

I did report a it under Bug but really did not see something to match the issue i am having. Is that where I am supposed to report it?

Akatan.2761

So, I got a response to my ticket………..I was told the following:

“The “Been there. Done that.” title is intended to be awarded to a player when a single character on his or her account has visited every location required for World Complete. In your case, it appears that the title was awarded prematurely, and one or more required locations have not yet been visited.

To receive the rewards for fully exploring the world, please carefully review each map for missing Points of Interest, Skill Challenges, Renown Regions, and Waypoints with the single character with whom you are trying to finish the task. The most common areas that are missed are World vs. World maps, Chantry of Secrets, and the various city maps, such as Divinity’s Reach, Black Citadel, etc.

Once your selected character has visited every required area, you will receive the rewards."

My map shows all world areas completed as well as all WVW areas completed. I’ve tried the Chantry of Secrets as well and nothing. I’m at a loss to what they expect me to do here………does anyone else have any suggestions? I mean how the hell do you get the achievement “prematurely”???

At least you’ve got feed back for your ticket.
I’m still waiting for feed back from them.
It took me about one hour to screen-shot all the stuff.
I just wish they don’t pass the buck onto me.

Posted by: hdinh.8091

hdinh.8091

Okay, it might seem like a ridiculous idea, but might as well check all your maps right? But, i agree this is complete and utter BULLkitten.. It is the last thing i need for my legendary and then it goes ahead and buggs out.. Otherhand, it won’t to check all the maps

Sylvari Engineer
Viennotair/ Sar (r’s x 9)

Akatan.2761

Okay, it might seem like a ridiculous idea, but might as well check all your maps right? But, i agree this is complete and utter BULLkitten.. It is the last thing i need for my legendary and then it goes ahead and buggs out.. Otherhand, it won’t to check all the maps

Have you read through the post?
It says “we have already checked every map”

hdinh.8091

yeah, i did actually AFTER i posted the reply, but its for the people who haven’t yet.

Sylvari Engineer

Posted by: Gently.6382

Gently.6382

I have too problem with that, just done world completion on new LA and dont have reward but get achivment

Posted by: AnDD.2568

AnDD.2568

Not received 2 Gift of Exploration too.
Also I do not see anyone a star next to the character’s name, viewable by other players.
Support does not answer me.
I just want to know what support fixes this bug, because closing the card is extremely boring and long process.

Akatan.2761

Still haven’t got response from ANet

Posted by: Delay.6908

Delay.6908

Same here, got map done just 2 hours ago, no gift, ive tried everything. visted every map, done chantry of secrets.. everything…

Dr Winston | [DnT]

Posted by: Ian.6938

Ian.6938

Same problem here: 100% map complete on the log-in screen

1. Went into Chantry of Secrets thrice.
2. Port into every map to make sure wobble chest is claimed.
3. Go Lion Arch event to claim that 2 new POI

Submit a bug support with screenshot, hope Anet fix it soon.

I did this before on my 1st character no bugs.
This is the 2nd character and bugged.

Posted by: Essence.3248

Essence.3248

It’s been almost 24 hours now, still no respond from support.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Support is running a bit slow at the moment.

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Support Liaison

Next

General update 14 February 2014:

There are several unusual types of tickets being handled right now. This means that, due to volume, certain kinds of tickets are taking longer than three days to resolve. We’re working to get back to the 3-day turn-around time. Here are some of the types of tickets that may take longer than three days:

Refund requests (harvesting tools, Flame-Kissed Armor, etc.)
Account compromise (“hacking”) incidents
Requests for account restorations
Account disputes
Missing items

That list is not comprehensive, but off the top of my head those are some of the more complex tickets that simply simply may take more time to resolve. Having said that…

Please allow five days before posting in this thread for the time being.

I will update when we’re back to the normal, faster turn-around times. Thanks for understanding!

Akatan.2761

Support is running a bit slow at the moment.

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Support Liaison

Next

General update 14 February 2014:

There are several unusual types of tickets being handled right now. This means that, due to volume, certain kinds of tickets are taking longer than three days to resolve. We’re working to get back to the 3-day turn-around time. Here are some of the types of tickets that may take longer than three days:

Refund requests (harvesting tools, Flame-Kissed Armor, etc.)
Account compromise (“hacking”) incidents
Requests for account restorations
Account disputes
Missing items

That list is not comprehensive, but off the top of my head those are some of the more complex tickets that simply simply may take more time to resolve. Having said that…

Please allow five days before posting in this thread for the time being.

I will update when we’re back to the normal, faster turn-around times. Thanks for understanding!

This problem is happening to more and more players now. The faster they fix this bug, the less tickets about this problem they gonna need to be resolve in the future.

Posted by: Glem.5126

Glem.5126

hope fixing this bug will be fast

Posted by: JUN YANG.4328

JUN YANG.4328

game had been updated still havent fix that.. , i am waiting that item for my eternity…come on anet make it quick!!!

Slugonaut.9841

Well as things progress the more ridiculous they are getting………..Here is the latest response for my ticket.

“After sending my response to you I did some further investigation. I see that you completed and received rewards for every map in the game way back in September of 2012. World and Map Complete rewards are only granted once per character regardless of new locations being added to the map at a later time.

In order to receive the World Complete rewards a second time you will need to complete every map with another character who has not done so prior.

If you have any other questions, please let us know!"

Where it gets interesting is that I’ve never had map completion on this character, or any character for that matter. In fact, Sept 2012 I may have 1 or 2 zones done at best. I replied asking them who’s account are they even looking at, I’m having a hard time even taking this seriously because they obviously aren’t taking my ticket seriously with a ridiculous response like this………….

80 Norn Thief Ebay [CoT]

Posted by: Flyin Space Whale.2893

Flyin Space Whale.2893

Well as things progress the more ridiculous they are getting………..Here is the latest response for my ticket.

“After sending my response to you I did some further investigation. I see that you completed and received rewards for every map in the game way back in September of 2012. World and Map Complete rewards are only granted once per character regardless of new locations being added to the map at a later time.

In order to receive the World Complete rewards a second time you will need to complete every map with another character who has not done so prior.

Where it gets interesting is that I’ve never had map completion on this character, or any character for that matter. In fact, Sept 2012 I may have 1 or 2 zones done at best. I replied asking them who’s account are they even looking at, I’m having a hard time even taking this seriously because they obviously aren’t taking my ticket seriously with a ridiculous response like this………….

I am a friend of Slugonaut, I have been playing with him for a long time now, and I can say he did not complete the map in September 2012, he just got the star the other night.

MistyWinter.9670

Did you send the ticket within the game? I am trying to figure out where/how to send mine. I hope I do not get this response also.

JUN YANG.4328

i report it 12hrs already. still havent fix the issue and dont have any fee back from it anet should update again to fix for all the issue, but not fixing it one by one.

Slugonaut.9841

Did you send the ticket within the game? I am trying to figure out where/how to send mine. I hope I do not get this response also.

I filled out a support ticket from this website. Go to the SUPPORT tab at the top of this page and take it from there

80 Norn Thief Ebay [CoT]

JUN YANG.4328

what time in US now? is it day time or night time? why they havent fix? is it really that hard?

hdinh.8091

Chill man, ANet is dealing with some other bugs atm, I have been waiting 3 days.

Sylvari Engineer

JUN YANG.4328

what??? you wait for 3 days already? omg

Akatan.2761

what??? you wait for 3 days already? omg

That dude must be kidding, it’s only the third day since that patch release.

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

I am a friend of Slugonaut, I have been playing with him for a long time now, and I can say he did not complete the map in September 2012, he just got the star the other night.

However I appreciate your loyalty to your friend, support like this is against the forum rules.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Posted by: Bandido.8719

Bandido.8719

Same problem here. 100% map completion with the new LA PoI’s and no reward.

Posted by: Trisire.4123

Trisire.4123

me too.. i filled a ticket hoping for an answer

MistyWinter.9670

I filled out a support ticket from this website. Go to the SUPPORT tab at the top of this page and take it from there

TY I have now done this =)

Akatan.2761

I’m only begging ANet review my ticket ASAP.
Cuz my ticket has whole details, with all screenshots for each map I revisited including Chantry of Secrets.
For god sake I just don’t want to waste both their time and mine on useless advice like “Try go visit Chantry of Secrets”/“Try revisit the maps”.
Plz ANet, review my freakin ticket.

Akatan.2761

However I appreciate your loyalty to your friend, support like this is against the forum rules.

What rule?

hdinh.8091

I am not lying, i finished World Completion (got achiev/ last PoI) at 11pm Server time, and put in the ticket soon after (all at midnight my time) Tuesday. Wed. Thurs. Now. Thats 3 days

Sylvari Engineer

(edited by hdinh.8091)

Posted by: KOPSi.5190

KOPSi.5190

finished 100% 10 min ago… before that visited aetherblade crash site and visited chamber of secrets and got poi form there, got also new pois from lions…. received title but no reward

[SoD] Nema Bezanja / Accords De Carnage /Chords…

Gandara./ Im DATZ chainsaw charzzzz

Posted by: Tinslfly.5194

Tinslfly.5194

I had a similar problem yesterday. What I’m most worried about is if Anet DO fix the bug and then leave everyone who found it without putting in some way of regaining the Gift of Exploration. If thats the case (Hopefully not) then the only way to finish our legendary items is to create a second character and 100% the world AGAIN. I don’t doubt they will fix the bug, I’m just afraid that there will be no support for us after it is fixed.

Posted by: Peritas.5768

Peritas.5768

Same thing, 100% map completion, got the “been there done that” title but no gifts.. Waiting for the fix.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

(Repeating post in other forum)

According to a member of our programming team, there is a known issue that is preventing some players from getting rewards. The team is investigating.

However, quite often, a player is mistaken about the status of their account or is shown that rewards are due when they aren’t quite earned. Players should do some troubleshooting steps before submitting a ticket, because this might be resolvable individually, and ,may not be related to any bug.

Here are some troubleshooting steps:

1. Log into the game with the character that has the 100% world completion.
  2. Go to Bloodtide Coast via Lion’s Arch and enter the Chantry of Secrets.
  3. Make sure that you have claimed the “Sanctum of Secrets” Point of Interest within this map instance.
  4. Some of the skill challenges require you to consume an item. If this item has been consumed in a zone other than the one in which the skill challenge is located, you will not receive the rewards for 100% world completion. Revisit every map in the game and that may resolve your issue and grant you your items.

Also, sometimes the title is rewarded prematurely (in error). To receive the rewards for fully exploring the world, please carefully review each map for missing Points of Interest, Skill Challenges, Renown Regions, and Waypoints with the single character with whom you are trying to finish the task. The most common areas that are missed are World vs. World maps, Chantry of Secrets, and the various city maps, such as Divinity’s Reach, Black Citadel, etc.

More:

Generally we find that players are resolving the problem by revisiting each the following cities.
- Lion’s Arch
- Rata Sum
- Black Citadel
- Divinity’s Reach
- Hoelbrak
- The Grove

Player Notes:

• I just fixed after reading some solutions here, come back to whisper cathedral ( i alredy had explored ) and go back to the last interset point, work for me.
  • [Player] teleported to all the map locations and found that he had not opened the reward chest (the one you see each time you finish a map or after completing daily quests or dungeons) on one particular map. After opening the chest, another reward popped up and he was able to obtain the Gifts of Exploration.

I hope all this is helpful to you. If after doing these steps and following these tips you continue to need assistance, please submit a ticket. If you already submitted a ticket some time ago (say, more than a week ago) and, after going through the troubleshooting steps above, still need help you can simply respond to your ticket and say you still have not received your rewards.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)

MistyWinter.9670

I am not understanding this then do you or do you not have to have explorer regions done for this? This was not needed before. as my son had gotten his items months ago without.
What I mean is Krytan Explorer, Maguuma Explorer and Shiverpeak explorer.

Akatan.2761

I am not understanding this then do you or do you not have to have explorer regions done for this? This was not needed before. as my son had gotten his items months ago without.
What I mean is Krytan Explorer, Maguuma Explorer and Shiverpeak explorer.

In my situation, I’ve got Krytan Explorer Maguuma Explorer Shiverpeak Explorer and Ascalon Explorer blah blah blah.