Arah Armors Box

Arah Armors Box

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: raahk.2786

raahk.2786

Hello, my friend recently completed the Arah track for Spvp, and upon receiving the box, that clearly states “Dungeon armor choice boxes contain a specific dungeon armor SET and a specific SET of stat combos.”
Now, despite the box claiming that he would receive a “SET” he instead received the option to choose just a single piece, not an entire set.

My question is, is this a bug, or another case of a literal box of lies, as it was with the box that was supposed to drop in fractals to award fractal weapons which hasn’t even been implemented yet?

I know that many others who eventually complete this and other title tracks will also be met with disappointment about not receiving what is clearly stated on the box. A set is not a singular item.

Arah Armors Box

Posted by: blashmer.1049

blashmer.1049

I did get only one piece too … what’s going on ? I hope it’s a bug

Arah Armors Box

Posted by: Fuzion.3461

Fuzion.3461

Same here… it’s just so unfair since it just says that it contains a full set..
Im so disappointed.

Arah Armors Box

Posted by: Aruin.5917

Aruin.5917

I was working on this line of achivements beacause of the description of the box, that states “armor set”, it is really dissappointing that the boxes doesnt drop full set. It was the only good thing I´ve found so far in this feauture pack. I hope that this is a bug and we can be compesated later

Arah Armors Box

Posted by: Velimirius.7018

Velimirius.7018

really? i still havent opened my box, but if its not a bug that ANET can screw themselves, this patch so far is sooo half kitten d, they just threw a bugged kittene calling it a feature and blabbing about it for a month… They should have worked on it instead of talking….

Arah Armors Box

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

An entire armour set for completing a single track? I think your expectations are a little high. If the tracks gave out complete sets, sPvP would be the go to place to obtain armour, and that’s not right. If anything is wrong it’s the wording.

Arah Armors Box

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

An entire armour set for completing a single track? I think your expectations are a little high. If the tracks gave out complete sets, sPvP would be the go to place to obtain armour, and that’s not right. If anything is wrong it’s the wording.

This.

Arah Armors Box

raahk.2786

It’s not my expectations, it’s what’s said to be contained in the box.
And it’s not like most people don’t have those sets already.

Arah Armors Box

Posted by: Khezekiah Bellamy.5016

Khezekiah Bellamy.5016

seeing as you get 3 weapons during working towards the final reward you get 3 two-handed weapons which are 390 tokens each if you wanted to get them from doing dungeons in pve. that would be 1170 tokens. it is 1380 tokens to get a whole armor set. so when it tells me I am going to get a set of armor, I believe it and that is what I should get

Arah Armors Box

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

seeing as you get 3 weapons during working towards the final reward you get 3 two-handed weapons which are 390 tokens each if you wanted to get them from doing dungeons in pve. that would be 1170 tokens. it is 1380 tokens to get a whole armor set. so when it tells me I am going to get a set of armor, I believe it and that is what I should get

Well, that’s really inconvenient, is it not?

Arah Armors Box

raahk.2786

Well, that’s really inconvenient, is it not?

Yeah, it sort of is considering that’s exactly what it says you get on the box, and yet for some reason that’s not what’s contained in the box.

Arah Armors Box

Posted by: Bowflex.4502

Bowflex.4502

Same deal for me. Opened mine today expecting a set. Really disappointed

Arah Armors Box

Posted by: Bernard Watercress.8743

Bernard Watercress.8743

I just finished the Arah track as well and only got one piece of armor. It just seem super weird to get 3 weapons and one piece of armor because the weapons cost more tokens. I really hope this is a bug and not a problem with how Anet worded the description of the chest.

Arah Armors Box

Posted by: ShibVicious.9681

ShibVicious.9681

So you complete the reward track 3 times to get all the dungeon armour? This would take absolutely no time at all to do, especially when you compare it to the amount of time it’d take you to earn enough dungeon tokens to buy it by running the dungeon.

This is clearly not a bug and more poor wording in the description.

Arah Armors Box

Posted by: Aerin Dark Water.6283

Aerin Dark Water.6283

The way the PvP dev described it on one of their Live Stream videos (I think ep 10 was the PvP heavy vid, it’s on your youtube channel), was that you can choose 1 item from “set”. The dugeon tracks are on a repeatable cycle, so the next time the Arah is active once the cycle goes around again, you can get another piece. At least that’s what I took away from it. I honestly don’t remember him saying you’ll get a full set.

I take his word over the text in-game. You can watch the video for yourself and judge. I think it’s working just the way it’s suppose to work and the text is what’s unclear.

Want an art commission of your character? PM me to find out how! In-game gold art commissions!

Arah Armors Box

Posted by: Pyroathiest.4168

Pyroathiest.4168

So you complete the reward track 3 times to get all the dungeon armour? This would take absolutely no time at all to do, especially when you compare it to the amount of time it’d take you to earn enough dungeon tokens to buy it by running the dungeon.

Again, this view of it is ignoring the rate at which weapons are acquired. The reward tracks are giving 3 weapons per piece of armor. Weapons are more costly than armor is, and that’s the biggest argument for this being not working as intended.

Arah Armors Box

Posted by: ShibVicious.9681

ShibVicious.9681

Again, this view of it is ignoring the rate at which weapons are acquired. The reward tracks are giving 3 weapons per piece of armor. Weapons are more costly than armor is, and that’s the biggest argument for this being not working as intended.

Then they should remove some of the weapon rewards. It seems that everyone wants everything for nothing in this game.

Arah Armors Box

Posted by: Bernard Watercress.8743

Bernard Watercress.8743

I just wanted confirmation that it wasn’t a bug, but I think that most people would prefer it if you got 3 armor and 1 weapon from the track. I really don’t think it matters very much though because it is way faster than grinding the actual dungeon.

Arah Armors Box

Posted by: shadowraiden.8394

shadowraiden.8394

Then they should remove some of the weapon rewards. It seems that everyone wants everything for nothing in this game.

bullkitten is the reward for nothing its like 70+ games for the standard person to achieve this and while it can be done in 2 days with enough dedication its more time spent then actually doing arah with a decent group and this is coming from somebody who does atleast 1 path of each dungeon daily.

it would take 25-30 hours for normal person to achieve 3 weapons + 1 dungeon armour piece this way for arah and yet with my guild group it would only take 20 hours to get a full armour set although it would be across 2 weeks of playing rather then 25-30 hours in 2-3 days. if we then also take into account all the other useful drops u get out of dungeons and the extra bonus gold please dont give me the everybody wants it for no effort kitten.

we take other dungeons and the current rewards are pointless as every other dungeon is much quicker then arah. for example CoF would take less then 10 hours across 2-3 weeks of time to achieve a full dungeon armour set and 4-5 weapons and thats just running p1 each day you then take into account about 20+g made and please explain to me how its meant to be harder then the current pvp rewards system that would take triple that amount of time for nowhere near the same rewards.

Arah Armors Box

Posted by: JTan.1687

JTan.1687

Any dev who want to respond to this thread?

Super Mang Jose,Naomi j,Chzerie,Despicable Me
Champion Genius, Legionnaire, Paragon, Hunter, Illusionist,Phantom,Magus.
Undercoverism[UC]

Arah Armors Box

Posted by: Milou.2701

Milou.2701

It should give a set, which means 6 pieces. (according to the tool-tip)
Why do I think so?
if we were to buy the Arah armor or weapons in PvE doing dungeons, Weapons would be more expensive.
Thus, completing the whole track for just 1 piece doesn’t seem reasonable.

Arah Armors Box

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

It’s far too fast compared to pve, even if you do horribly. I was surprised that it says set, less so that it only gives one piece. But if it’s intentional, they need to fix wording as well as allow selecting the piece.

Arah Armors Box

Posted by: MrSilver.5269

MrSilver.5269

Bumping for dev response.

But I’m trying, Ringo. I’m trying real hard to be the shepherd.

Arah Armors Box

Posted by: Turamarth.3248

Turamarth.3248

Hey everyone,

This is a wording bug not a content issue. The design behind the dungeon tracks was that players would need to run the track multiple times to get the entire set of weapons and armor.

19 – weapons
18 – pieces of armor (6 light, 6 medium, and 6 heavy)

Upon completing a track you will get 3 weapons and 1 piece of armor all your choice including stat combo. Upon running the track multiple times you are able to either save tokens for legendary or use tokens to speed the process up of getting the full weapons/armor set you are working towards.

The fact the text says “set” is a mistake that we are going to update soon. Any other questions just let me know.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Arah-Path-Armor-Box-Answered/page/2#post3923396

Brandar – Kodash [DE]
[SPQR]

Arah Armors Box

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

its been confirmed by a dev that it was only ONE piece of armor and it’s a text bug.

pretty much why the rewards aren’t ‘fun’