Armor Bound to Another Player

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Nocturnal Lunacy.8563

Nocturnal Lunacy.8563

Logged onto my alt account and my exotic armor says its bound to another player. Needless to say it isn’t. The armor belongs to this character and now i cannot equip it. I am not sure if this is happening with legendary, ascended or rare or masterwork or fine armor as I only have exotic on this account. Please fix so I can equip the armor on my characters.

Forever Against Stacked Servers
Virual [VRUS] Alien Lunatics [StFu] Nocturnal Sxaddx [Nuts] Ft. Aspenwood
That which is dead may eternally lie, but with great aeons even death may die.

Posted by: Shanna.4762

Shanna.4762

Yep my weapons are bound to another character for some reason, but they are definitely my mesmer’s weapons.

Posted by: Fenix Caine.1245

Fenix Caine.1245

Got the same problem with all my exotic alt weapons in the inventory.

Posted by: naujocks.2319

naujocks.2319

Happening with exotic weapons as well as masterwork weapons, fine weapons were not affected for me. No rare weapons to try.

Posted by: sue.6548

sue.6548

not just armor. also weps.
and funny enough the initiate’s backpiece, that is a reward for the personal story 2…

moved, a hammer to the bank. cant pick it out of the bank, with any of my characters on my account.

(edited by sue.6548)

Posted by: VulcanPyroman.8571

VulcanPyroman.8571

Yes, I have the same my exotics are suddenly bound to another character

Posted by: naujocks.2319

naujocks.2319

If you go into your inventory panel you can swap the soulbound equipment (well, weapons anyways, I dont have any armor to test this on). If you double click or right click to equip your weapons, that won’t work.

Posted by: selkirofgc.9182

selkirofgc.9182

All of my spare exotic accessories are bound to another character, it seems. My girlfriend reports all of her alternate weapons are also bound to another character.

She mains engineer and this is a huge problem for her, and I miss my spare accessories ;^; … rip in pieces, I guess.

Posted by: Agsded.8760

Agsded.8760

I am experiencing the same bug. It appears to be effecting only the weapons and armor that were in my inventory when I patched. It does not effect the weapons and armor I had equipped. I can remove and re-equip those normally.

The equipment tagged as “Soulbound to another character” can be equipped to the character it’s actually soulbound to by dragging it in the Hero panel, but it cannot be equipped by double clicking.

Posted by: Sir Alric.5078

Sir Alric.5078

Logged onto my alt account and my exotic armor says its bound to another player. Needless to say it isn’t. The armor belongs to this character and now i cannot equip it. I am not sure if this is happening with legendary, ascended or rare or masterwork or fine armor as I only have exotic on this account. Please fix so I can equip the armor on my characters.

I also have the “This item is soulbound to another character” thing happening to me, but apparently i can equip the items just fine. It seems to be just a problem of incorrect labelling in my case, thankfully. Still annoying though.

EDIT: It’s as Agsded said. I actually always equip my armor and weapons by dragging them in the hero panel, so i didn’t notice this at first, but it’s true. I cant equip by double clicking, only by dragging the items.

(edited by Sir Alric.5078)

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Whew! It’s not just me.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Posted by: Dead matrix.2670

Dead matrix.2670

unless you happen to put some of them in your bank then they get stuck

Posted by: UnknownFreak.2805

UnknownFreak.2805

moved, a hammer to the bank. cant pick it out of the bank, with any of my characters on my account.

Assuming the “bugged bound to” is bound to “nullptr” (0) this would allow the user to equip it via the panel (do not ask me why, I do not know anet code), but the bank checks if that character is the correct character, since your character cannot be “nullptr”, the check will fail for every character.

And it also breaks the gw2api for characters/thatCharacter
and account/bank if there is a bugged item in there.

This would also apply to account/inventories (shared slot)

tested with one character that had it the bug.
then checked with another character that I DID NOT log into, that api worked fine, until I logged on that character, and the 5 min buffer time went out, replacing the data with corrupt data.

this is the error from the api:
This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.

[code]
<Error code=“48” module=“3” line=“467” text=“callback (): TypeError: Cannot read property ‘sort’ of undefined TypeError: Cannot read property ‘sort’ of undefined at async.map (c:\arenanet\llivewebapi.337\web\js2api\code\v2\controllers\account\characters.js:75:44) at c:\arenanet\llivewebapi.337\web\js2api\node_modules\async\lib\async.js:52:16 at c:\arenanet\llivewebapi.337\web\js2api\node_modules\async\lib\async.js:363:13 at c:\arenanet\llivewebapi.337\web\js2api\node_modules\async\lib\async.js:52:16 at done (c:\arenanet\llivewebapi.337\web\js2api\node_modules\async\lib\async.js:248:21) at c:\arenanet\llivewebapi.337\web\js2api\node_modules\async\lib\async.js:44:16 at c:\arenanet\llivewebapi.337\web\js2api\node_modules\async\lib\async.js:360:17 at fetchItemDetails (c:\arenanet\llivewebapi.337\web\js2api\code\v2\controllers\account\characters.js:54:24) at c:\arenanet\llivewebapi.337\web\js2api\code\v2\lib\memoize.js:62:24 at request.gamegate (c:\arenanet\llivewebapi.337\web\js2api\code\v2\controllers\items\lib.js:58:24)”/>
[/code]

why is there no “code” formatting tag?

How to crashreport…
Someone say game crash must be related to OOM
when you read the log it’s not related to that whatsoever…

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

Yes, all extra armor and weapons in bags says “soulboud to another character”.

Posted by: UnknownFreak.2805

UnknownFreak.2805

Yes, all extra armor and weapons in bags says “soulboud to another character”.

Not all of it. My golden fractal greatsword which I rarely use (since I mostly do raids) was not bugged. But most of my other exotic gear was. Luckily my chrono is geared with all ascended gear by now (atleast the raid build)

How to crashreport…
Someone say game crash must be related to OOM
when you read the log it’s not related to that whatsoever…

Posted by: Nerzul.6875

Nerzul.6875

I also have this Bug.

Especially if you use different Builds/Weapons on the same character for different game modes this is really annoying.

Please fix it. :-/

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

The team is actively working on this issue. Thanks for the reports and the extra details. We’ll get this bug smooshed as soon as possible!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: Serashia.1987

Serashia.1987

Got same problem here.About half of exotic gear in my chrono are soulbound to another character,included a set of armor that I just wore several hours ago.I could still equip them in hero panel by dragging,but couldn’t double click it.

Posted by: rikiruru.3972

rikiruru.3972

I have the same problem and already throw out one of my exotic weapon that stuck in the back(

Posted by: Kris.4802

Kris.4802

work around is to equipped in the Hero panel

Mordremoth’s triumvirate of evil:
1. Trahearne 2. Scarlet 3. The sylvari that keeps spamming “More violets I say, less violence.”

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

why is there no “code” formatting tag?

Apparently BBCode isn’t working on this forum. None of those tags works here despite Help saying they are available.