Assault Knights not dropping loot/chests.

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Kyvia.5961

Kyvia.5961

Yeah, it was working (more or less…at least a chance to work right) before the last minipatch, and then Bam, busted.

Posted by: roperratt.6917

roperratt.6917

I just finished killing 2 more knights, gold medal participation. No loot or anything else. This makes 16 knights with no loot and 1 knight with loot. The Knight that did drop loot was 2 days ago.

I have tried being in a party, drinking the scarlet army potion, eating power food and having the vigilance buff, and even doing all 4 at the same time. It has made no difference in loot drops, they are still at zero for 2 days. Is this a bug or RNG?

IGN: Roper the Ratt, Mithril Knight, Sophie the Golden, (TTS), (DTtD), (KCCO), (BANA)
Fort Aspenwood

Kyvia.5961

It appears to be a bug, since it had a blanket effect on everyone immediately following the last minipatch. 12 threads strong, and still no official word though, so, perhaps today we will get something?

Posted by: CherryChiicake.1378

CherryChiicake.1378

Actually, I’ve had this problem since the original patch went live, and it’s continued despite all the patches thereafter. Out of 9 knights, only 2 dropped anything.

Posted by: Hebee.8460

Hebee.8460

It seems this bug is not glaring enough…Let me help make it obvious
Living Story forum and Bug forum

Attachments:

Posted by: Max Gladius.6930

Max Gladius.6930

Their statement is pretty clear (imo)

…will drop 5 Deluxe Gear Boxes and a chance at an Assault Knight Power Core…

and not
… a chance to drop a deluxe gear box and an assault knight power core …

Then you can say the following quote from the patch notes is not correct because “all”
the members of Scarlet’s armies do not drop a bag each time they are defeated… There is a “chance” they will drop them, but they dont write out every word of it.

“Alliance supply bags will continue to be found on the defeated troops of Scarlet’s armies.”

Just as “5 deluxe gear boxes” will be rewarded, and everyone participating has a chance at getting them.

(edited by Max Gladius.6930)

Kyvia.5961

14 threads?!? I missed one! I have been keeping count, lol. Hell, we may make 20 yet*!

*Not that I endorse creating redundant threads, just noting my amusement.

Posted by: Lunchbox.6970

Lunchbox.6970

I’m pretty sure that Max is being sarcastic. Bazinga!

Kyvia.5961

Oh semantics, how fun you are to argue!

Kyvia.5961

Threads are merging! That is Some sort of response!!!

Posted by: skepticck.9714

skepticck.9714

Looks like they have time to merge threads but not to write 6 words
“we are aware of the issue”
see took me 2 seconds and i ’m not even paid to do it like they are.

Kyvia.5961

Well they finally closed the Twittergate thread, whew, that was a LOAD off MY mind. Maybe they have time for things that Actually impact players now?

Posted by: Zappix.7928

Zappix.7928

Anyone remember last year when people thought loot drops were bugged? There was a huge thread that got locked after a couple of months?

Then Colin came out and said there is a problem with the loot..?

lol.. Not good, sorry but this isn’t good.

Posted by: Siobhan.5273

Siobhan.5273

Kyvia, how much caffeine have you had today? lol!

No news since October 28th 2014. Question asked straight up! 473 times. 647 days and thread locked..

Posted by: Ivannasmash.7301

Ivannasmash.7301

I on the other had have had no trouble getting loot from the Knights on the first 2 days of this new patch, but on the 3rd day I stopped getting loot all-together. And it only seems to be the Knights that are not dropping loot. When will we get a response from Anet about this issue? It seems a lot of people are having this issue and more so some are now not bothering with this event cause of it.

Kyvia.5961

This is one event though, and it is both the penultimate event, and time limited. I expect at least a “Working as Intended©” Line.

Kyvia.5961

Um, a lot….But I have nothing better to do while I sit in game and watch the Knights just twiddle their thumbs because No One is bothering with the event with this bug in place -_-

Posted by: Lucas.1798

Lucas.1798

I get bored of the event now. Yesterday, I was still doing it for the achievements and loots. But now I just don’t even want to bother it any more. Got a patch today, hope they fix things but instead of getting a fix, it turns out to be a bug.

Kyvia.5961

Most servers are steadily dwindling….but so long as Blackgate can still do it right? right!?

Siobhan.5273

Um, a lot….But I have nothing better to do while I sit in game and watch the Knights just twiddle their thumbs because No One is bothering with the event with this bug in place -_-

Heh, it’s all good. I’m sitting in bed sick with my laptop avoiding caffeine so I can get some rest tonight. I’m jealous!

Good news is, my dvr is loaded with stuff I need to catch up on.

No news since October 28th 2014. Question asked straight up! 473 times. 647 days and thread locked..

Posted by: Esprit Dumort.3109

Esprit Dumort.3109

Maybe it’s Anet’s solution to AFKer’s?

Jessamine [SNOW]
Gandara

Kyvia.5961

Maybe it’s Anet’s solution to AFKer’s?

Make the event unrewarding enough so that no one does it and there is nothing to AFK at?! lol

Posted by: Aye.8392

Aye.8392

I’m not sure if this will provide any kind of clue or not, but yesterday afternoon while killing the knights I received the 6 Minutes to Knightfall achievement. However, I received it at the point that the first knight died, so it certainly wasn’t earned — the other two knights were still alive. I did not receive loot for that knight or either of the other two. My group was successful in the airship and I did receive loot there.

www.AlchemyIncorporated.net
Sorrows Furnace

Kyvia.5961

I’m not sure if this will provide any kind of clue or not, but yesterday afternoon while killing the knights I received the 6 Minutes to Knightfall achievement…..

This is a different, and known (by the players at least) bug, which occurred before and after the latest patch which broke the loot.

Posted by: Max Gladius.6930

Max Gladius.6930

Had to do this…. I had to…. you dont understand… but I had too….

Bob Slydell: The Player Base
Dom Portwood: Who’s that?
Bob Porter: You know, squirrely looking guy, mumbles a lot.
Dom Portwood: Oh, yeah.
Bob Slydell: Yeah, we can’t actually find a record of him buying any Gems.
Bob Porter: I looked into it more deeply and I found that apparently what happened is that he bought the game almost two years ago and hasnt purchased a single Gem; but through some kind of glitch in the loot department, he was still getting loot.
Bob Slydell: So we just went ahead and fixed the glitch.
Bill Lumbergh: Great.
Dom Portwood: So, uh, The Player Base has been let go?
Bob Slydell: Well, just a second there, professor. We, uh, we fixed the glitch. So they won’t be receiving loot anymore, so it’ll just work itself out naturally.
Bob Porter: We always like to avoid confrontation, whenever possible. Problem is solved from your end.

Kyvia.5961

Bob Slydell: The Player Base
Dom Portwood: Who’s that? ….

Hahahaha, oh man, I needed that laugh! Bravo!

Edit: “Someone took my Red Assault Core….I could burn this place down…”

Siobhan.5273

Shame on you making the sick lady laugh/cough!

Siobhan.5273

“Someone took my Red Assault Core….I could burn this place down…”

hehehe!!

Posted by: Type Moon.5820

Type Moon.5820

Went to bed, slept for 7 hours thinking, this problem will be fixed when I wake up surely, first thing I do, check the forums and no kitten change.

Congratulations ANET, Only you could develop something so cool, such an epic battle, give it an awesome villian that makes me love her instead of just want her gone, add a DRILL CASTLE!!! and yet manage to absolutely make me hate this event. And most of it isnt that theirs a fraking bug in the first place, its your fraking silence. IS IT SO HARD TO GIVE US AN UPDATE. Im getting very suspicious that your company was in fact the precursor to a zombie invation and your currently all eating eachothers brains. Because if your not all the living dead could not a single person type up anything like this.

“Dear players, The Knight bug appears to be some problem with our RNG Code working in conjunction with a unique scaling system we have given them, its complicated so its taking time to fix, just hold on. Until then we have added some extra chests as a reward for defeating HoloScarlet until we can get it working as designed.”

Oh look suddently you have 1 single thread that people can go to immediatly and go “Ok, guess bugs happen. Atleast we get extra loot from Scarlet.” the players then are atleast motivated to spend their 35min time investment fighting scarlet, it would take all of 5 seconds to implement and everyone is happy.

But no, do it your way leave everyone in the dark, let your own masterpiece event slowly die because apparently its a public holiday or something and no one can be kitten d fixing it either temperately or letting us know you care. I’m gonna go play something else now since what I really want to do just isn’t worth the time.

Also before anyone says anything, I am not saying No Loot event is unplayable ‘wah wah wah’ cause I only care about the loot. (Though admittedly as i’m poorer then sin the loot was making me giddy with happiness.) No because of all these Achievement Bugs and No Loot rewards, people just arn’t trying anymore. All the new people who are attempting this event are having their experiences ruined from the beginning because the Knights are just being ignored now, or attacked purely by said amateurs and thus the event is failing, I was lucky and was part of the very first battle and it worked perfectly the first time, so I at-least have the memories of when this all worked awesomely. Since then ive had to listen to the disappointed voices of my friend when they ask where the chests were for the 5th time in a row and say as they watched the Knights fly off “Was that it?”

Kyvia.5961

Went to bed, slept for 7 hours thinking, this problem will be fixed when I wake up surely, first thing I do, check the forums and no kitten change.

I feel ya, but!, there was a mass outcry this morning, to the tune of 16 threads on it, and it got a reply in the LS Forum: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/escape/Battle-for-Lion-s-Arch-Open-Issues-and-Tips/first#post3727760

Posted by: Type Moon.5820

Type Moon.5820

YES!!! FINALLY! Okay. My complaints are fixed, Ill go kill some champs, get some crafting done and patiently wait for the fix to the knights and achievements.

Posted by: Rudhraighe.9754

Rudhraighe.9754

I have been doing this event for 2 days and have not had a single drop from any of the knights how is it possible to expect players to acquire the needed items to upgrade back items if there are no drops from participating in the events i am with the group i contribute and i kill all 3 knights and NOTHING…

~20% of Guild Wars 2 is still Broken~ Rudhraighe

Posted by: Somnius.2674

Somnius.2674

personally i didnt enjoy this stupid living story at all… its like, get your achievements just for the points and done watch the end video and done… thats how it feels for me…

Posted by: Kyle van der Meer.6209

Kyle van der Meer.6209

New patch is working! thanks!

Posted by: mephisto.6921

mephisto.6921

Still not working post-patch. Killed the blue knight, no loot. Was in party of 5, with merchant buff, food buff, damaged the knight the whole fight.

Disappointing how ANet can botch this event so badly.