[BUG] Box of Berserker's Draconic Armor = Berserker's Gladiator Armor = Sad Charr

[BUG] Box of Berserker's Draconic Armor = Berserker's Gladiator Armor = Sad Charr

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Hankst.1234

Hankst.1234

Still nothing?
Wow.

Posted by: Momo.9230

Momo.9230

I really don’t get it. Why are we being left hanging without ANY devs coming in to give an official report after 1 week since this issue got escalted? This is by no means a ‘small’ issue to us.

Posted by: Kryptonite.9376

Kryptonite.9376

Like I said, if restoration isnt possible, at least bug fix the box already. This is simply pathetic.

Really thought Anet was above this but they’ve really fallen pretty low.

Posted by: Auxilium.2487

Auxilium.2487

Still nothing huh? Wow, this is pretty awful.

Posted by: Millillion.5914

Millillion.5914

I fortunately have not been affected by this, but the overall handling of this issue has insofar been completely unacceptable.

Launching a game with no way to reimburse PEOPLE who have been taken advantage of while having at least one way to carpet ban players who have taken advantage of VENDOR prices in its self is unacceptable in my book.

In addition to this incredibly basic missing feature that leaves certain ways of fixing this outside their power (somehow), they have apparently refused to do ANYTHING that must be within their power (even a simple response to the thread when it was merged).

It boggles the mind to think that a company could let anything like this go on for so long without any sort of intervention or even acknowledgement outside of seemingly copy/pasted support ticket responses.

Posted by: The Fat Cat.1487

The Fat Cat.1487

I am sorry you guys lost your gold for this, but its just a video game. The time you spent farming the gold in game, if you were working a real job, would have been cheaper to just buy the gems. Why spend 10 hours farming in the game, any decent job pays 10-20$ an hour (thats without working a nice salary job)…so $200 in gems, that would be more efficient use of your time to just go back to work…work extra and then not deal with farming.

Also, saying you are quitting guild wars because of it….Ha, i checked 3 of you who said that and you are all in game right now. So stop being drama queens. If you honestly think Anet cares if 10 people quit a game they just released…they dont. Each of the servers have 10’s of thousands of players…

It will get fixed when it gets fixed, complaining and bickering about it wont speed up the process. Just submit your support ticket and wait.

I had to wait 2 weeks for a trading post issue to fix, lost 4 gold to it. Finally one morning 4 gold was sitting in my account.

There are most likely 100 other more serious problems in the game right now that require attention over one item.

Patience is a virtue.

Posted by: Hankst.1234

Hankst.1234

^
So, you’re basically telling us to shut up about the 30€ worth of gold we lost because of a bug? Not sure if you’re a good troll, or just something that would get me banned from the forum if I actually wrote it.

And: not even a response in here from ANet yet. That is pretty bad. Not “I’m quitting the game” bad, but still terribly.

Posted by: Xaustr.1407

Xaustr.1407

yea it’s really hindering my want to continue playing my 80 with the bugs and all. after working really hard to make that gold. anything in the sense of compensation would be great. I submitted a bug report on the instant. ANet probably is busy with other major bugs right now. i"m really disappointed but I only hope they get around to us.

Auxilium.2487

I am sorry you guys lost your gold for this, but its just a video game. The time you spent farming the gold in game, if you were working a real job, would have been cheaper to just buy the gems. Why spend 10 hours farming in the game, any decent job pays 10-20$ an hour (thats without working a nice salary job)…so $200 in gems, that would be more efficient use of your time to just go back to work…work extra and then not deal with farming.

Also, saying you are quitting guild wars because of it….Ha, i checked 3 of you who said that and you are all in game right now. So stop being drama queens. If you honestly think Anet cares if 10 people quit a game they just released…they dont. Each of the servers have 10’s of thousands of players…

It will get fixed when it gets fixed, complaining and bickering about it wont speed up the process. Just submit your support ticket and wait.

I had to wait 2 weeks for a trading post issue to fix, lost 4 gold to it. Finally one morning 4 gold was sitting in my account.

There are most likely 100 other more serious problems in the game right now that require attention over one item.

Patience is a virtue.

1. Some of us don’t care about the gold, it would be nice to get it back but the main thing is they haven’t taken the item down so people will continue to get the incorrect item and lose gold. Work for the gold? We made the gold in game, why should we pay to get something back that we didn’t actually spend money to get, it should just be reimbursed.

2. Your issue with the TP has nothing to do with ours, they didn’t give you the gold back, if the TP stayed up you probably would of received your 4g quickly, but since it went down for maintenance there was a delay and you received it two weeks later.

3. Though there is larger bugs out there, there are also bugs smaller than this one who have already garnered the attention of a support crew, care to explain why?

Posted by: Daft Harlot.2713

Daft Harlot.2713

The point is, they should have at least prevented it from happening at the very least. Fine, they can’t get to it right away, but if they had disabled the item or renamed it or sooooomething, I would not have been affected and neither would many other people. We aren’t asking for some tangible thing, we’re asking for virtual gold or armor, that’s all. That’s what they DEAL in. It’s about how much time has been wasted because of something this miniscule that could have been stopped pretty quickly. Maybe this was something that couldn’t be fixed easily because it has something to do with crafting? I don’t know. Some people feel that the time they spent farming the silly virtual gold was very valuable. It may not take you very long to get 7g, but it took me literally, I would say, three days of playtime? And I have so much freetime that I play just constantly, so how many days would it take someone who has a fulltime job? That would make me pretty angry.

Anyway, we’re due a response. Just say “We’ll get to you. Of course, we’ll get to you. You don’t have to be so upset.” How about that, moderators?

Posted by: Palmik.5678

Palmik.5678

More importantly, armorsmiths are STILL exploiting this on TP. People, unknowing of this bug (as is the case of the original poster), buy these boxes thinking what a great deal they are getting, but it’s the exact opposite.

I do not even think the armorsmiths can get punished, since they can simply claim that they could not know what these boxes contained and that they did not discover the recipe for the rare one (which requires the same materials according ot gw2db and guildhead).

Posted by: Necaris.3950

Necaris.3950

I feel so stupid. Happend to me last night. I grinded for houres so i could buy this box and all i got was a full set of gladiators armor. My box was around 6g 30s .
The chash back from selling the armor piece by piece was about 2gp.
It was like a punch in my face.

IntelCore i7 960 @ 3.20GHz, 24GB RAM
GeForce GTX 580

Posted by: Stally.6354

Stally.6354

I’m somewhat amazed by the silence from Anet on this subject and it clearly sends a message that people are getting away with this.

Totally unacceptable and a huge dissapointment.

Posted by: Kings X.5082

Kings X.5082

This is wrong, on top of it some kitten posted on guru gloating about all the money he is making from exploiting this.

Posted by: chroniccough.4750

chroniccough.4750

for anyone who thinks the sellers didnt know what they were doing

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/65179-how-much-have-u-earned-from-selling-bugged-armor-boxes/

Posted by: Necaris.3950

Necaris.3950

for anyone who thinks the sellers didnt know what they were doing

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/65179-how-much-have-u-earned-from-selling-bugged-armor-boxes/

I wish they would be forced to pay my money back.

IntelCore i7 960 @ 3.20GHz, 24GB RAM
GeForce GTX 580

Posted by: Kings X.5082

Kings X.5082

bah the mods on guru deleted it, the guy was getting flamed to death.

Posted by: Endlos.4852

Endlos.4852

Still no word or anything about a fix/compensation?

This is the kind of thing I’d be cancelling my sub over, if this game had subs. As it is, I just really don’t have any interest in logging in or giving such inept developers any more of my cash for future product.

Posted by: The Fat Cat.1487

The Fat Cat.1487

Patience is a virtue.

1. Some of us don’t care about the gold, it would be nice to get it back but the main thing is they haven’t taken the item down so people will continue to get the incorrect item and lose gold. Work for the gold? We made the gold in game, why should we pay to get something back that we didn’t actually spend money to get, it should just be reimbursed.

2. Your issue with the TP has nothing to do with ours, they didn’t give you the gold back, if the TP stayed up you probably would of received your 4g quickly, but since it went down for maintenance there was a delay and you received it two weeks later.

3. Though there is larger bugs out there, there are also bugs smaller than this one who have already garnered the attention of a support crew, care to explain why?

1. Its a game, stop crying. Not like you failed your midterm. The point is…for the amount of time and energy you spent complaining about only 5 gold…you could have worked a real job, bought gems and had it back. Or better yet, you could farm a high level area with + magic find, and get 10g. Yet you spend more time sitting and complaining waiting for someone to come save the day…when in reality if you just would do something about it and work hard, you would be like “its only a video game…life goes on” like the rest of mankind when life screws them over.

2. The point is, be patient. Threatening and saying you are going to quit or this is ridiculous, doesnt help your case.

3. They fix the bugs as they see fit, do you work at Anet? Nope. So who are you to tell them what order.

Its not a huge disappointment. Its not the end of the world. The truth is, in 2 months you will laugh.

The second you realize that gold is the equiv to platinum in GW1…and when that came out it was hard as hell for anyone to get it…youll understand that 5-10g is nothing.

You honestly can get the money back by farming for 2 hours if you dont want to buy gems. Just go to Orr and do the events, you will walk away with PLENTY of gold items that you can sell for 5-10p at the TP.

And then you might realize that the TP takes 15% of your item when you sell it there and stop selling green items for 1c more then the merchant buys them for and save some money that way.

In the end, sitting here posting over and over about how ridiculous it is…just makes you look like you have no life and play video games. File a report, and then go about your way.

Anet will fix the bug, and I am sure they will address it….the game just came out. Just be patient and give them time to do their job. It took them 6 years to make this game….so do you really think they will fix all the bugs over night.

This post has plenty of views, so I am sure its on their list.

BE PATIENT.

(edited by The Fat Cat.1487)

Posted by: Eochaidh.4106

Eochaidh.4106

They just need to fix the name. This shouldn’t be taking so long.

Posted by: Geddon Redmane.7315

Geddon Redmane.7315

Color me disappointed, but I’m over this. I only lost 2 gold due to this bug, and am now sitting on about 10 gold in the bank right now, and that’s after purchasing a full set of LEGIT level 80 exotic draconic armor for about 12 gold, and dropping 4 gold on max stat exotic weapons for my build.

Still though, not sure why Anet hasn’t taken the item off the TP. Do they not have the ability to even do that? I wonder how many people got screwed over up until now.

Kryptonite.9376

Bump because I still find it ridiculous that this bug hasnt been fixed or taken off of the TP, im hardly worried about getting my gold back.

Momo.9230

I think it is quite evident that the entire (or most) of the ANet team have taken a long holiday after their launch of the game.

More than 1 week since the last game update; leaving many, many bugs and exploits still going unfixed (including this).

Posted by: Zanzamar.7986

Zanzamar.7986

Yesterday happened to me. Lost 5.50 gold i hope that will be resolved soon and I hope that ANet give back the golds

Posted by: Aesir.7519

Aesir.7519

I think it is quite evident that the entire (or most) of the ANet team have taken a long holiday after their launch of the game.

More than 1 week since the last game update; leaving many, many bugs and exploits still going unfixed (including this).

I wouldn’t say they are on a holiday… there are other bugs that really needed to be fixed (there were some seriously, seriously bugged skill points in Cursed Shore… and the Mystic Forge bug which still hasn’t been addressed…)

Still, an acknowledgement of the issue takes very little effort…

Auxilium.2487

1. Its a game, stop crying. Not like you failed your midterm. The point is…for the amount of time and energy you spent complaining about only 5 gold…you could have worked a real job, bought gems and had it back. Or better yet, you could farm a high level area with + magic find, and get 10g. Yet you spend more time sitting and complaining waiting for someone to come save the day…when in reality if you just would do something about it and work hard, you would be like “its only a video game…life goes on” like the rest of mankind when life screws them over.
2. The point is, be patient. Threatening and saying you are going to quit or this is ridiculous, doesnt help your case.
3. They fix the bugs as they see fit, do you work at Anet? Nope. So who are you to tell them what order.
Its not a huge disappointment. Its not the end of the world. The truth is, in 2 months you will laugh.
The second you realize that gold is the equiv to platinum in GW1…and when that came out it was hard as hell for anyone to get it…youll understand that 5-10g is nothing.
You honestly can get the money back by farming for 2 hours if you dont want to buy gems. Just go to Orr and do the events, you will walk away with PLENTY of gold items that you can sell for 5-10p at the TP.
And then you might realize that the TP takes 15% of your item when you sell it there and stop selling green items for 1c more then the merchant buys them for and save some money that way.
In the end, sitting here posting over and over about how ridiculous it is…just makes you look like you have no life and play video games. File a report, and then go about your way.
Anet will fix the bug, and I am sure they will address it….the game just came out. Just be patient and give them time to do their job. It took them 6 years to make this game….so do you really think they will fix all the bugs over night.
This post has plenty of views, so I am sure its on their list.
BE PATIENT.

You quoted me but obviously read nothing I said, bravo. Like I said AGAIN, a lot of us (including me) do not care about the gold anymore, it would be nice to get back but at this moment I could care less, I’ve already made a good majority of it back and would just like it not to happen to people who have recently hit Lv80.

You complain as if we sit here everyday waiting for a reply and us posting replies, yet you take the time to type out 2 of the longest responses in the thread and you probably check back often as well, brilliant.

I farmed Orr for more then 3 hours with the zerg from Lv75-80, it doesn’t net you a ton of gold, at least not the amount I lost.

I also never said I was going to quit the game, I love the game despite this issue and continue to play whenever I’m not playing with my kids or working. Some others have though.

Posted by: Zii The Mad.2563

Zii The Mad.2563

They are swamped with bug reports.
Just check this forum, 147 pages worth – sure some are duplicates, but most arent.

Maybe cosmetics just isnt a priority right now.

Posted by: Maedhros.2486

Maedhros.2486

Bump… still waiting on a response from Anet.

Endlos.4852

They are swamped with bug reports.
Just check this forum, 147 pages worth – sure some are duplicates, but most arent.

Maybe cosmetics just isnt a priority right now.

This has (almost) nothing to do with cosmetics.

People are crafting, selling, and buying a box of armor that says “Contains a full set of level 80 armor” and the name on the box is “Box of Berserker’s Draconic Armor” and is orange (exotic) quality.

When a player opens that box, instead of getting orange (exotic) Draconic armor, they are getting yellow (rare, thus inferior) armor of a different set.

I couldn’t care less what the armor looks like cosmetically, but when I pay for an orange box full of armor, I expect it to contain the armor that the tooltip says it contains, not something far less valuable and less powerful.

The fact that there doesn’t even seem to be official acknowledgement aside from a few canned GM replies is appalling.

Posted by: sildor.8203

sildor.8203

omg .. just did the samething .. bought the box thinking it would contain a full set of exotic (so did everyone else I asked as well)

almost every money I had (10g) gone .. yeeyy well reported the bug ingame and made a support ticket.. but srsly this need a hotfix.

we should get the exotic armor or money back ..

Attachments:

Posted by: Bouho.8234

Bouho.8234

Response Tina via Email 09/17/2012 11:06 PM
Hi there,

Thanks for contacting the Guild Wars 2 Support Team. We would like to apologize for the time it has taken to get to your issue.

Next time that you’re in-game and you find a bug, you can do us a favor by submitting the bug report in-game. This will send detailed information about your character and your position directly to our Quality Assurance team.

To submit a bug report in game, simply bring up your “Game Menu” located in the upper left hand corner, and then choose the lifesaver icon for “Support.” From the “Support” menu, you can either click “Report a Bug” or just go directly the Ladybug Icon in the support menu to enter your submission.

Unfortunately, the Guild Wars Support Team is unable to provide items that were not received or lost due to in-game bugs. We are also unable to refund or exchange items. We simply do not have the tools to provide these services at this time.

Please know that we are actively deploying fixes with our nightly build updates to address these issues. If the particular issue you’re experiencing has not yet been resolved please keep an eye on the Game Status Updates page (http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_status_updates).

If you would like to post about your experience on our support forums, you can do so at https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum which are now open for use. The best way to have your feedback or suggestions for Guild Wars 2 reach someone in development is to post it on our official forums under the suggestions sub-forum. The more people who view and comment on it, the more likely developers will take notice.

Here is a link to the Guild Wars 2 suggestions sub-forum: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions

Regards,
Tina
Guild Wars Support Team
http://support.guildwars2.com/

Daft Harlot.2713

Saying it isn’t an ingame bug is a big slap in the face. I guess I’ll just bump the thread everyday and maybe they’ll get annoyed enough.

Posted by: Paladin.5268

Paladin.5268

I continue to see a lot of players posting here stating they made the same mistake, and feel bad for everyone who did make such a purchase. I know I may have come across a bit to harsh on my initial post, and I am not a crafter doing this. I have spent a lot of time trying to educate other players about this issue.

These things do take time, as Anet has already stated, they are aware of this and working on a solution, however there is currently no ETA on how they will implement a solid fix or resolve these purchases.

Simply upgrading players armor to the actual exotic armor would not be fair in any way, regardless of how vocal players who bought the armor box may be. They have to be fair to everyone, and giving the upgraded versions for free would raise a larger outrage from the general community, for those who are paying full price of these at 3+ gold each.

The box set does not give a full set of armor, which was also listed in the GW2 wiki, and I believe in Reddit as well. I do agree Anet should either remove the ability to craft this box set for now, or change the naming of it and set it to Rare (Yellow) color and am a bit surprised they have not done either of these after a full week+ and more players are being affected by this.

I will be curious to see what they come up with and also surprised that they do not have the in-game support tools created and available to refund items or coin. The solution for this will be challenging to say the least, so on that, I am truly sorry for everyone who did purchase this boxed set.

Endlos.4852

Simply upgrading players armor to the actual exotic armor would not be fair in any way, regardless of how vocal players who bought the armor box may be. They have to be fair to everyone, and giving the upgraded versions for free would raise a larger outrage from the general community, for those who are paying full price of these at 3+ gold each.

How much one paid for the box is irrelevant — any person that bought a box of armor that was orange quality and said “Box of Berserker’s Draconic Armor – This box contains a full set of level 80 armor” should have or be given (or exchange?) a full set of orange quality, level 80 armor.

The boxes only got cheap from crafters exploiting the bug to profit on the TP. Competition and greed over the exploit drove the box prices down. Originally, the boxes were going for close to the same rate as buying all the pieces separately — you saved one or two gold, tops, but that could be legitimately expected when buying the full set at once.

No person that bought and opened one of these boxes was expecting to get anything other than exactly what the box said it contained. There is absolutely no legitimate reason to deny them the intended contents of the box.

Momo.9230

I simply don’t believe they can’t have a workaround fix for this; even if they do not currently have tools to issue refunds. I made a suggestion on a possible workaround; yet I don’t think any tech support personnel or devs are even willing to take a look at it.

As with regards to giving us a full set of Draconic armor vs Refunds, I am perfectly fine with both. Or if they have another idea I’m all for it. But at the end of the day I do expect ANet to compensate players in some way. This is after all their own gold-stealing bug being exploited by some unscrupulous kittens.

(edited by Momo.9230)

Posted by: Osirus Fox.6380

Osirus Fox.6380

I bought two Box’s of Berserker’s Draconic Armor, which is listed on the trade post for a little over 6 gold. After buying the box sets, I opened them, and got two full sets of Berserker’s Gladiator Armor… So basically I got screwed out of 12 gold, and ArenaNet doesn’t seem to want to answer my refund requests. I have both sets listed on my transactions list, and I’m sure I’m not the only one who got ripped off by this. I worked hard for that gold and I really wish I could have a fair refund for either getting the items I purchased, or the gold back. I was hoping I could find some insight on what exactly I should do through the forums. Please, any feed back would be greatly appreciated.

Commander Osirus Fox [RUN]

Posted by: Blaine.1263

Blaine.1263

I think it’s terrible that people are exploiting this and making huge amounts of gold. This item should just be removed from the TP completely, until there’s a fix, to prevent others purchasing it.

Blaine – Warrior – Greatsword & Longbow
Sir Byren – Guardian – Mace/Shield & Scepter/Focus
Zaldoras – Necromancer – Staff & Scepter/Dagger

Posted by: Jason King.2647

Jason King.2647

Live Response Embed

Next

We understand the impact this has had on the players who’ve purchased it and are exploring options for fixing it. Thank you for your patience!

ArenaNet Community Team
Live Response Embed

Posted by: Aesir.7519

Aesir.7519

There! thanks Mr. King!

Kryptonite.9376

How about removing the item completely from the TP and stopping it from happening again? I think we can all somewhat agree that compensation is going to be something to be thought over and maybe not possible, but really now, this is no ordinary bug, you should probably stop this from happening and then find a solution.

Daft Harlot.2713

Glad someone finally said something to us! I definitely feel a little less irate.

Momo.9230

Finally a dev! Appreciate the response and awaiting your solution!

Posted by: Jezath.7395

Jezath.7395

I feel for you pxs, I do hope you get it sorted mate

Tis not what they can do for you
Tis only what you can do for all

Posted by: Pride N Greed.8106

Pride N Greed.8106

This just happened to me and my guild mate we just chipped in 11g to make this set so we can sale it on the TP. And what do we get RARE YELLOWS FOR 11g, Seriously? lol I cant even port anymore because i was depending on this to make some profit and now I am stuck at lions arch. Please fix this asap this is ridiculous.

Posted by: Pride N Greed.8106

Pride N Greed.8106

We understand the impact this has had on the players who’ve purchased it and are exploring options for fixing it. Thank you for your patience!

Also the people who crafted it and opened the box too would be nice!

Posted by: Maedhros.2486

Maedhros.2486

Glad to see a response, finally!

Posted by: Bouho.8234

Bouho.8234

Good to know that we still have something to look up to. Hope we’ll get updates on the issue.

Endlos.4852

Welp, guess we’re going another week(end) without a fix for this issue.

Posted by: Nexdeus.3890

Nexdeus.3890

Is this issue still in effect? I just crafted a box set right now and wanted to open it. Then I remembered this thread. So no fix for this glitch yet?

Posted by: coldcut.8346

coldcut.8346

Same bug happened to me about 5 hours ago.
Looks like they have this bug from the release. So 1 month without any fixes!
No trust to ArenaNet after that. Seriously.

btw, bought the box for ~17g.