[BUG] Box of Berserker's Draconic Armor = Berserker's Gladiator Armor = Sad Charr

[BUG] Box of Berserker's Draconic Armor = Berserker's Gladiator Armor = Sad Charr

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Justice.8763

Justice.8763

At least there is hope. I sent a friendly PM out to one of the most helpful persons on the AN staff, and received a response. So to everyone out there, including me, whose gone through this issue, I hope he won’t mind I’ve posted this response, to raise your spirits.

MikeFerguson

Oh wow, that’s not good at all.

I sent this on to our commerce team so they can look into the problem. I’ll also send it to support so they can check the thread.

Sorry you’re having to deal with this issue, but thanks for the heads up!

Posted by: coldcut.8346

coldcut.8346

IMHO, it’s one of the worst bugs in the game.
It can push people to cancel accounts and ask for a refund.

Just can’t see any other solutions…

More opinions?

(edited by coldcut.8346)

Posted by: Pride N Greed.8106

Pride N Greed.8106

Still nothing? How about anet you at least refund out money on crafting/buying until you fix the problem that would be nice! That way i can PORT out of lions arch

Posted by: aermeus.5407

aermeus.5407

WOW…wish i had found this thread earlier today…i too bought the box of draconian armor today. 17g for what i thought was a box of exotics only to receive a bugged box full of rares. From what my guildies tell me Anet have stated they will not do anything to refund the gold for the box or fix the issue. If that is the case i feel my only recourse will be to dispute the 2 purchases of gems this month on my credit card. I understand a game having bugs, but taking a hard line saying they are not going to compensate individuals effected by this would be unacceptable.

aermeus.5407

I am in agreement with coldcut. Since suffering this bug yesterday I don’t really even have the desire to play. Ive never felt this way about a bug while playing a game, but considering the fact that the 17g i spent on the box represented the liquidation of every mat that i had obtained since release of the game, im now sitting with 2 silver and armor that i dont even want to equip. It seriously makes me want to call my credit card company and dispute the two gem purchases i made this month.

Posted by: Nemui.6753

Nemui.6753

hm, i’m not affected by this, but i hope they at least disable this item until they can fix the issue. it’d be good not to have more and more people having to deal with this

aermeus.5407

CC Ivonne closed the other thread about this issue that I created. Hopefully he also forwarded this to someone that can remedy the problem. Going to post my original thread here.
When i double clicked on it and opened the armor you can imagine my dismay when the armor that appeared was the Berserker’s Gladiator Armor…here is a link to the chest peice http://www.guildhead.com/recipe/704201/berserkers-gladiator-chestplate .
So basically i bought a box that was supposed to contain a full set of exotics and what i received was a full set of rares. Now…i double and triple checked that i purchased the right thing and I have verified i purchased the appropriate box. When i told my guild they all chuckled and said that this has been a known bug. They also said that I was screwed because a GM would not restore anything. Now, if this is the case I can say I am not to happy right now. That 17g represented liquidation of every mat that I had ground out since the release of the game. Furthermore, if this is true that they won’t fix this issue is it really fair considering if i had used gems purchased with real money to get the gold then I would kind of feel like i was defrauded.
Is this true…will a GM refuse to fix this issue? Im really hoping that Im not out 17g now. For now i am leaving the armor unequipped in my inventory in the hopes that this can be resolved.

(edited by aermeus.5407)

aermeus.5407

They let people exploit for a while to gather data for bans, that is how they have done it so far.

Of cause this means that all scammed players are screwed, but hey, look at it this way: You payed 10g to the “Ban all Scammers” fund and if you bought gems to convert to gold you even made them real money.

Sorry, I don’t view it that way at all. If they do not take a course to fix this for the people that suffered the loss due to a bug that they created then I will take any action that I can. I view it this way. If i went out and bought a new car only to have some part of it fail within days I would expect the dealer to fix the issue at no cost. I lost the entire 17g that I had ground out since the release of the game. Ironically, my credit card bill came yesterday. If they do not remedy this I am going to dispute the game charge as well as the gem purchases and see where that takes me.

Posted by: Bellbane.3910

Bellbane.3910

I just lost 17G over this
I just hit 80 today and it took me 80 levels to get 20g
the stupid yellow box costs 3G only

“Unfortunately, the Guild Wars Support Team is unable to provide items that were not received or lost due to in-game bugs.”

I consider the wrong display of content an in-game bug, you have to be on crack cocaine to consider this not being an in-game bug

I sent a ticket [Incident: 120924-000167]

this is beyond ridicilous

Attachments:

Posted by: Rez.8016

Rez.8016

I bought the box for 17g and the market value of the galdiator’s is 1g80.

Posted by: Kryptonite.9376

Kryptonite.9376

I was one of the first affected by this issue and I am absolutely shocked to see this is still an issue. This is getting absolutely ridiculous and out of hand, and the price is even higher now.

Posted by: Nexdeus.3890

Nexdeus.3890

I really wish this was fixed. I crafted the box myself, and want to either sell or open it, but I know this would just open up into some gladiator set. I will not sell this until this is fixed so I wont screw someone over.
Does this happen 100% of the time with this item box? Does anyone know if anyone has successfully opened the box ?

Posted by: Endlos.4852

Endlos.4852

Does this happen 100% of the time with this item box? Does anyone know if anyone has successfully opened the box ?

Yes, to my knowledge, it happens 100% of the time. It’s an error in the game code.

Crafters can make a level 80, yellow/rare quality Box of _______’s Gladiator Armor.

Crafters can make a level 80, orange/exotic quality Box of _______’s Draconic Armor.

The problem is that opening either box generates the ‘contents’ of the yellow/rare Gladiator Armor.

It’s been over two weeks since this thread was created, and we only got forum acknowledgement a few days ago that they’re investigating how to fix it. In the meantime, players that spent gold on this are SOL and just have to cross their fingers that maybe, one day, ANet will either do a gold restore or give the proper items to people who purchased the box.

I snapped one up right around when I hit 80 and was (luckily?) warned by a friend before I popped it open. I don’t dare resell it because it’s basically an exploit to and I can’t open it because I know it’s broken, so I’m just stuck with this box until they get around to fixing it.

While ANet shuffles around not fixing this fast enough, the boxes are still being made and posted on the AH (either by people unaware of the bugged contents or people intentionally exploiting this) and the problem just keeps becoming more and more widespread.

This is exactly the sort of thing I’d cancel a sub over, if this game had one. You can’t screw with peoples’ gold, especially when that gold has a real-world money value thanks to the gem system.

(edited by Endlos.4852)

aermeus.5407

Hope we get a response on this soon, but alas, the pessimist in me anticipates receiving a response in a couple of weeks. And if i do get something it will probably be a full set of draconic armor, which i will have ground out by then and will only be worth about 5 gold if i try to sell it. I wonder how many gems i could have traded that 17g?

Posted by: Nexdeus.3890

Nexdeus.3890

Thank you Endlos, I figured it was 100% but just wanted to make sure it wasn’t some random occurrence . Well hopefully Anet fixes this soon, climbing up in levels with my warrior and wanted to pop this bad boy on. I wanted to use it for my guardian for a DPS set, but I guess ill stick to my rare knight set until they fix this or I get desperate and make another exotic set.

coldcut.8346

ArenaNet is losing its customers. They haven’t fixed a well known bug for a month (since the release). And they will never fix it, imho.

So, If you can dispute gems purchases on your debit/credit card, just do it.
Also you can ask for a refund as well:

If you pre-purchased Guild Wars 2 from buy.guildwars2.com and would like a refund, please provide the following information in your submission.
- Your Guild Wars 2 purchase Order ID provided in the receipt of the purchase(s). (if available)
- The e-mail address you used when making the purchase. (if available) OR If the payment was attempted by credit/debit card, please provide the last 4 digits of the credit/debit card used ONLY.
- If the payment was attempted using PayPal®, the invoice ID or transaction ID from your PayPal® payment history for the transaction.
- Your billing zip code or postal code.

(from http://en.support.guildwars2.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8964)

Posted by: Maximilious.6054

Maximilious.6054

People are so lazy, trying to make a killer deal they end up screwing themselves. Why no just by the pieces one by one?

Posted by: Kryptonite.9376

Kryptonite.9376

People are so lazy, trying to make a killer deal they end up screwing themselves. Why no just by the pieces one by one?

This is probably one of the most ignorant posts i’ve seen in awhile.
The box is as indicated, a SET of the berserkers draconic armor.

People in this thread have bought it for as low as 6 gold to an upwards of 17 gold. There is no reason to blame any of the purchasers for an error on Anet’s part, and by making such comment, are sympathizing with the horrible people exploiting this bug to make gold.

Are you blaming someone for assuming that buying in bulk would yield a slight discount? I find it funny how you probably would’ve fallen for this issue, but since you dodged the bullet you come into these forums spewing ignorance.

People who are looking to buy the entire set, and see that there is a box available with the entire thing inside are lazy? If this box had been working as intended I would have to say that those buyers are probably much more savvy than the random moronic idiot buying piece by piece. What do you think?

Posted by: Momo.9230

Momo.9230

According to: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/Update-Notes-September-15th-2012/first#post244270

• Box of Berserker’s Draconian Armor and Box of Rampager’s Draconian Armor now reward the proper items.

So… Any update as to what about all of us who did NOT receive the proper items before?

Posted by: Endlos.4852

Endlos.4852

According to: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/Update-Notes-September-15th-2012/first#post244270

• Box of Berserker’s Draconian Armor and Box of Rampager’s Draconian Armor now reward the proper items.

So… Any update as to what about all of us who did NOT receive the proper items before?

Just want to confirm that the bug is fixed — just popped the box that’s been in my bank for weeks and got the proper armor.

Now they just need to sort the issue for people that opened the box prior to now.

Pride N Greed.8106

How do they plan on refunding the players who already Crafted or Bought box and opened it….. and got the gladiator set instead….

coldcut.8346

Ok, they finally fixed boxes. I was wrong.
But what about refunding the players who already opened the box?

(edited by coldcut.8346)

aermeus.5407

I would be very disappointed if they just stick their heads in the sand regarding those of us who lost a significant amount of gold due to this bug. 17g is what i paid for this box this weekend and now have a set of armor that isn’t worth 2g. Bugs are understandable, but taking a “So sorry, you’re outta luck” attitude is unacceptable. Especially when they essentially sell gold from their cash shop in the form of gems that can be traded for gold. I would at least like to see one of the devs post here and give some feedback.

Posted by: sildor.8203

sildor.8203

my box was bought 100% with gold bought with gems that I bought with real money ..
If they where a normal shop I would sue them for scam.

Now I’m willing to give them “some” time to fix this for me .. but my support ticket has not been answered and no info except that the bug is finally fixed. .

So how long do I have to w8 to get refunded? As I did spend 40+ euros on that box of armor :/

Posted by: kowaiiyume.3541

kowaiiyume.3541

yep also crafted a Berserker’s draconic armor box and got the berserkers gladiator set out of it. Lots of gold and mats wasted on just rare gear when you are crafting an exotic set. I sent in a bug report and opened a ticket and never got a single reply back. Was hoping the patch would give me the gear that i should have gotten but no luck there. Pretty lame.

Pride N Greed.8106

Everyone who has been affected By this and opened the box, and whether you bought it or crafted and have beserker gladiator set(Rare) set sitting in your bags. PLEASE Speak up Now! Some of you spent Your hard earned money via in game gold or your dollars. We need a resolution and this is unfair.

They fixed half the problem and left everyone who has opened the box in LIMBO. Anyone else who comes across this post and would like to support us, thank
QUOTE THIS THREAD with your response PLEASE

Posted by: Auxilium.2487

Auxilium.2487

I spent 7g 50s towards the box and received the wrong armor, since then I’ve gotten better armor (CoF and some Draconic) but the gold would still be nice to have back.

I am glad they fixed the issue, so thanks for that ArenaNet, I still love you guys.

Posted by: Justice.8763

Justice.8763

I submitted this via ingame bug reporting. The issue is not one of individual account itemization, the issue is game wide itemization. This is a bug, not an issue with my individual account. Because I made this purchase with my Visa, via Paypal, I am left with no recourse but to dispute the charges at this point, as items not received. If dozens of other people are effected, why is the support team viewing this as individual account itemization? This item is mislabled, if I had bought a mislabeled item from any online retailer, I could return it, for refund. This process is not available through Guild Wars 2, nor support, there is no exchange or return, or refund policy for a game that utilizes real money transactions… THIS IS A SERIOUS LEGAL PROBLEM, especially when it across state lines, done through interstate commerce. I will have to notify the appropriate legal entities, and possibly even bloggers, to shed light on this.

Hello David,

I apologize for my delayed response; we have a high ticket volume which we are working through as quickly as possible.

Thanks a lot for bringing this to our attention. We really appreciate it. Next time that you’re in-game and you find a bug, you can do us a favor by submitting the bug report in-game. This will send detailed information about your character and your position directly to our Quality Assurance team.

To submit a bug report in game, simply bring up your “Game Menu” located in the upper left hand corner, and then choose the lifesaver icon for “Support.” From the “Support” menu, you can either click “Report a Bug” or just go directly the Ladybug Icon in the support menu to enter your submission.

Unfortunately, while I would like to replace your items, the Guild Wars Support Team is unable to replace individual items in this manner. We simply do not have the tools to provide this service at this time.

Thank you again for taking the time to send this report manually.

Regards,
GM Emrys
Guild Wars Support Team

Pride N Greed.8106

They should at least refund the gold….

Posted by: Mazrim.5037

Mazrim.5037

They won’t, seeing as someone else already owns our gold. :/

coldcut.8346

Thanks to this bug I’ve left GW2.
Also I would like to join any petition against ArenaNet.

I have spent $80US on gems to buy this box.
Now I feel myself defrauded.
I expect at least get my money back.

Pride N Greed.8106

I’m sorry to hear what happened coldcut. I used to have very high respects of Arena net back in gw1. My opinion on them has changed since than. The way they are handling themselves with the situation is pretty shameful.

Like i said before they fixed half the problem, Now the box rewards the correct items. They should of said something to the players who opened the box and got screwed over on how they plan on repaying the people who opened the box. I only lost 11g in game which i farmed myself but those of you guys who spent real money sorry to hear. You guys should definitely fight it till we get this resolved because this cannot go under the table and pretend like nothing happened!

If it means resorting to taking legal action for those of you who spent real money, Than by all means do it.

Fact of the matter is you guys paid for an item which was descrided as higher quality and you ended up getting a hyundai. Gives you a reason to fight it!

(edited by Pride N Greed.8106)

Posted by: johnnycosmic.9130

johnnycosmic.9130

I would think Anet would at least have the ability to go in if even on an individual bases and change the rare armor into the exotic you purchased if proven by a log that you purchased said exotic box. I hope this gets cleared up soon.

Posted by: selfconfessedcynic.4127

selfconfessedcynic.4127

Okay, looks like they’ve made the boxes give the correct items with the latest patch.

I hope they can fix our items soon…

Posted by: Maedhros.2486

Maedhros.2486

There are 5 pages of people having this problem, yet their fix has helped none of us since we already bought and opened it with some very hard-earned gold.

Just updated my ticket with a screenshot of my crappy gold armor still sitting in my bank.

Arenanet is completely aware of the bug, they even went in and corrected the item. This attitude of “if you were already affected by this bug, you’re screwed” is seriously concerning me.

All we want is what we purchased!

Posted by: Chronologist.9782

Chronologist.9782

Real problem is their support team doesn’t have ability to restore items and dev team is probably working on giving support team ability to restore items

No dev is posting here because no one knows official date on when they can retroactively resolve this

All the people that are trying to dispute GW2/Gem purchase, really? Did you not hit 80 and play this game?, didn’t gem function the way it was suppose to(conversion to gold or X)? You didn’t get GW2 because it advertised EXOTIC BOX can be purchased for in game gold lmao.. Maybe i’ll go return my car after putting on 100K cause they didn’t advertise gas prices are going to go up

Posted by: Millillion.5914

Millillion.5914

Real problem is their support team doesn’t have ability to restore items and dev team is probably working on giving support team ability to restore items

No dev is posting here because no one knows official date on when they can retroactively resolve this

All the people that are trying to dispute GW2/Gem purchase, really? Did you not hit 80 and play this game?, didn’t gem function the way it was suppose to(conversion to gold or X)? You didn’t get GW2 because it advertised EXOTIC BOX can be purchased for in game gold lmao.. Maybe i’ll go return my car after putting on 100K cause they didn’t advertise gas prices are going to go up

Yes, but you do get mad when the company you buy the car from controls the gas prices.

Posted by: sildor.8203

sildor.8203

Your argument is flawed.

Say you buy Microsoft points that u then use to buy a game for .. but there is a bug in the system so you wanted to buy GTA4 for 800 Mpoints but u got a Indie game that’s priced 100 Mpoints, then Microsoft says “sorry we can’t do anything about it right now”

its the same I bought Exotic armor box (GTA4) but got Rare armor (random Indie game) ..

so im out of gold (microsoft points) and have a useless rare armor that isent worth anything (random indie game) and no Eta or even a respons to my ingame bugmessage or my support message..

I feel like I have to right to demand that they do something about this, for all of us..

My biggest complain is that it looks like we wont get anything back and that is what everyone tells me ,, like thought luck you will never see thous gold again.
or you should have known that the exotic box was bugged , or just grind the money again and get a new armor..

So dear Arenanet
will we get compensated?

Posted by: dunkelhaar.5830

dunkelhaar.5830

yep. do we get compensation?

aermeus.5407

Just curious if anyone has yet to receive any response other than the ol canned language. Day 6 for me and not even a response to my ingame ticket…which doesnt surprise me considering they put the proviso in that they may not respond unless they need additional information. Sad that now the problem is fixed a dev hasn’t at least popped into this thread and made an acknowledgement of it being fixed and answer whether they will do anything for those that were impacted.

Bellbane.3910

SMFH, I have to take some time to think a purchase over? how am I supposed to do it when I don’t get the kitten item listed?!

all this we don’t have the tools is also pure BS, they went in and removed items and gold made from players after the karma fiasco incident.

“Thank you for contacting the Guild Wars 2 Support Team. We would like to be able to offer refunds or exchanges for things such as this or even items purchased accidentally, but at this time we’re unable to make these kinds of adjustments to characters. For the foreseeable future, all in-game purchases such as those made with Karma, gold, or dungeon rewards are final, so take some time to think things over and use caution when buying from vendors. I’m sorry that there’s not more that we can do in this case. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Regards,

[GM] Rand
Guild Wars Support Team
"

Bellbane.3910

hey guys, they want us to think more carefully before deciding to buy something we want and then getting something completely different.. we have to be able to see the future according to the GMs

Posted by: Momo.9230

Momo.9230

SMFH, I have to take some time to think a purchase over? how am I supposed to do it when I don’t get the kitten item listed?!

all this we don’t have the tools is also pure BS, they went in and removed items and gold made from players after the karma fiasco incident.

“Thank you for contacting the Guild Wars 2 Support Team. We would like to be able to offer refunds or exchanges for things such as this or even items purchased accidentally, but at this time we’re unable to make these kinds of adjustments to characters. For the foreseeable future, all in-game purchases such as those made with Karma, gold, or dungeon rewards are final, so take some time to think things over and use caution when buying from vendors. I’m sorry that there’s not more that we can do in this case. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Regards,

[GM] Rand
Guild Wars Support Team
"

Now, let me get things straight. I understand that ANet apparently “does not have to tools” to return us our purchases, but aNyone else other than me feel that the bolded statement is COMPLETE, UTTER, INFURIATING bullkitten? I mean; can you even BELIEVE they are saying something SO RIDICULOUS?

I paraphrase: “Please use caution when buying anything in our game.”

Facepalm

An item was labelled INCORRECTLY by YOU. there was ABSOLUTELY NO reason to believe it would have given a completely DIFFERENT set of armor UNTIL you actually “OPENED” the box; ‘cheap’ prices aside. We have effectively been CONNED by this bug. To draw a parallel, it’s like buying a box labelled “Ipad” and getting a Toshiba Handibook instead.

The onus, in this case then, is NOT on us. IT IS ON YOU.

Infuriating, man. Absolutely infuriating.

(edited by Momo.9230)

Posted by: chaoskane.6213

chaoskane.6213

it’s like 2 weeks already, 13 golds !! I wonder if they will give interest for this lol

Pride N Greed.8106

Yes we knew that the Draconic Berserker box contained Berserker Gladiator gear instead that’s why all this people blew in game gold and real money. Really Anet? At least own up to your mistakes and fix it!

How do you guys not have a gear generator tool for situations like this. You would think from all the past mmos in years almost all of them have the “tool” to fix this problem and yet you guys forgot to add one? LOL, You guys should be on top of you game.

(edited by Pride N Greed.8106)

Posted by: Daft Harlot.2713

Daft Harlot.2713

I really don’t think this is about whether or not they can spawn items for us. It’s if they want to and I think when they refer to not having the ‘tools’ it’s a vague way of saying not enough manpower or time to dedicate.

It is ridiculous that they’re saying that we should have been more privvy to their bug. It’s almost like all these mods replying to our tickets are calling us idiots to our faces.

This particular situation should not be considered the fault of the user. It is, in fact, a bug. I find this to be particularly disgusting…I really just want to hit whoever is telling them to give us this absurd answer.

Posted by: Aesir.7519

Aesir.7519

If they keep records of what gets traded and who trades what (and we all know they do) then it’s about their willingness to do the RIGHT thing! They know who we (the ones that got ripped off, betrayed, scammed, call it whatever you want) are.

Anet, will you do the right thing and give us the armor we paid for?

coldcut.8346

I got the same answer today

Unfortunately, while I would like to replace your items, the Guild Wars Support Team is unable to replace individual items in this manner. We simply do not have the tools to provide this service at this time.

Guild Wars Support Team is useless in this case. The only hope is new patches.

Posted by: Newsin.1945

Newsin.1945

This needs addressed.. on multiple levels. 1 the OP really does need to get help Im sorry and I hate to say it but even if you are not suicidal you should never get so upset over something as small as pixels. Its not worth it and you obviously have some sort of an addiction to gaming if this has made you feel that way.

Secondly they really need to change the names on those armor sets. That simple. So people dont get mislead into buying stuff that ISN’T actually what they wanted.

thirdly the responses from the customer service people in this thread are crazy and horrible worded and responded. Again this doesn’t always surprise me considering this is not the first time I have seen NCsoft respond poorly to a situation.

Posted by: Newsin.1945

Newsin.1945

BTW its not Anet its actually NCsoft that deals with customer service issues. Im like 80% positive lol.