[BUG] Box of Berserker's Draconic Armor = Berserker's Gladiator Armor = Sad Charr

[BUG] Box of Berserker's Draconic Armor = Berserker's Gladiator Armor = Sad Charr

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Kryptonite.9376

Kryptonite.9376

I bought mine for 11g which was everything I had, now I am down to 50 silver.

While I admit the price was very cheap, the last thing on any of our minds was that this is a bugged item, and that someone out there knows this trying to make a quick dollar off of unexpecting users.

For a second I was wondering why the price was about 2 silver short of the entire set, but it was the firs ttime I had logged on for the day and I figured something caused a price drop. Buying a box was the best option for me since I intended to get all 6 pieces anyways.

Posted by: Skyrant Kangaroomouse.7458

Skyrant Kangaroomouse.7458

They let people exploit for a while to gather data for bans, that is how they have done it so far.

Of cause this means that all scammed players are screwed, but hey, look at it this way: You payed 10g to the “Ban all Scammers” fund and if you bought gems to convert to gold you even made them real money.

“The DR System is not restricting players, it just here to help them realize how they want to play!”

Posted by: Vytal.7942

Vytal.7942

That sucks and I’m sorry to hear that. All of these bags/satchels/boxes suck. I dropped 4g worth of mats to make the Satchel ( medium armor exotic). Made the chest popped it into the forge dropped the skill points and BAM. I get a recipe that costs 3 more insignias ( about 9g) to make in bulk than to craft the entire set individually. So i did the match and to craft the set indiv. it would cost approx. 16g (buying all the mats out of the TP) and to make the Satchel it would cost about 25-26g plus the 4g I dropped in the mystic forge mats. A whopping 30g to 16g. Makes total sense, just as labeling an exotic box with rares inside does.

Posted by: chaoskane.6213

chaoskane.6213

i actually spend 13g on this box thinking it’s way better than 18g since it is 3g a piece..guess got trolled by arnet

Posted by: amradio.2513

amradio.2513

Its 10g of virtual currency >_> you’ll get it back. Relax guys, no need to get depressed.

Posted by: RoykillerDea.9572

RoykillerDea.9572

10g is a massive amount of money that I spent hours to save on, I cant tell you how depressed and suicidal I am feeling right now (serious). If something can be done to help me, please let me know !!

Grow up drama queen its a game, stop seeking attention and go grind some more.
this cry wolf bs takes away from serious issues

I second this using the works Suicidal is just childish im quite sure pxs is under the age of 13

Posted by: StarsLife.7320

StarsLife.7320

Bump, this shouldn’t be happening.

Posted by: Jamesil.2509

Jamesil.2509

Add me to the list of people who got screwed by this xD

Man this does suck quite abit haha

Finger crossed Anet will be able to track down those who have opened this boxes and issue them a working one.

Can i ask where everyone has submitted their tickets? Figured i better add myself to the list of people requesting a refund.

Kryptonite.9376

Click support at the top and “ask a question”

These boxes are getting put up on the market more and more now, and the price has dropped significantly.

I know ANET is able to replace those items with the proper item, because they did a retroactive change on some of the vigil/order/priory weapons. I’m not certain what the situation was to the full extent but they did change some of the weapons that were dropped or something.

Posted by: Pony.3256

Pony.3256

Seriously, does ANet even read our posts at all?!
Where are the responses?

Kryptonite.9376

Hey, if a vendor is selling YELLOWS and people are scamming an NPC out of everything hes worth anet will respond within hours….

If people are being exploited by a bugged item well…. they’ll fix it when they get to it….

Oh and no one will be compensated. Thanks

Posted by: StarsLife.7320

StarsLife.7320

Just keep the bumps going. It has been reported as an exploit afaik and it’s only 6:40 a.m. in Anet world. Give ’em a chance to get to the office!

Posted by: Renkin.5640

Renkin.5640

this happened to me today also, saw it on the trading post bought it expecting to get draconic set only to get fooled sent in a ticket no reply yet.
also saw the recipe for this on the trading post and clearly says exotic

Attachments:

Posted by: Phantom.3705

Phantom.3705

I wouldn’t hold your breath, I’ve been waiting about 4 days now with no further replies since the automated reply and no promise of a refund or anything. But if I had exploited, my gold would have been removed within hours.

Posted by: Icetforu.2091

Icetforu.2091

Same here. Just got 1 as well for 8gold 50silver. Seeying as how they dropped in 1 week from 15g to 8.50, I’m pretty sure the people who sell them know what they are doing.

Anyhow. Fact remains, buying something for that amount of gold while receiving items worth 2gold total is a major disappointment. I really hope to get back a refund, since I’ve spend so much time farming enough money to get this item, in the hope of getting my lvl 80 exotic gear fast and cheaper then per item..

Posted by: Bouho.8234

Bouho.8234

I just bought one. Didn’t know. Now I’m really sad. Hope Anet will do something about it. 10 gold is a lot and not everyone surveys the forums for scams and exploits. I’ve just been playing the game and felt like it was time for me to buy my set. They can’t tell us we should’ve known this issue.

Posted by: Alaztor.6918

Alaztor.6918

Hello, on Sunday, September 9 between 16:00 and 18:00(can’t remember the exact time) Chilean time (GMT-4) I bought a Box of Berserker’s Draconic Armor(exotic) in the trading post for 15 gold but when I opened it instead of receiving the exotic(orange) berserker draconic set, I got the rare(yellow) set(gladiator), and the box description says draconic not gladiator. I submited a bug report through the game but haven’t received an answer yet. If someone could check the logs so that hopefully I can receive the 15 gold back , or at least a box that works properly.
Alazthor (character name)
Sorrow’s Furnace (world)

Posted by: Pho.9046

Pho.9046

I just lost my gold aswell hoping for the draconic set… down to 4s.

Alaztor.6918

same problem here, however I bought it for 15g.

Posted by: Painbringer.8673

Painbringer.8673

Same thing just happened to me. Really frustrating. The fact that Anet is not giving refunds for such things that are actually game breaking is a total dissapointment. If I don’t get what i spent back or the proper armor pieces i am really thinking of quiting.

Not because of some gold i spent, but because if they don’t fix such a trivial (for them issue) imagine what else they will refuse to fix.

Hope Anet proves me wrong and provides the support that paying customers deserve.

Posted by: Renkin.5640

Renkin.5640

do the support team actually post on theses forums because this box of disappointment items is becoming somewhat of an issue and people are loosing alot of gold.

Kryptonite.9376

Honestly pathetic that they aren’t giving any solutions for this issue.

Lets all go make chili peppers or buy karma weapons for mere pennies, but when people are being exploited lets not give a kitten.

I really held Anet much higher than this but i’m starting to rethink it now.

Alaztor.6918

here’s a screenshot that confirms that I bought the box.(it’s in spanish since that’s my first language,but you get the point)

Attachments:

Posted by: Aggramor.1832

Aggramor.1832

I got same problem, too. I made a in game bug report. I hope anet give us back to our gold or the items, we bought.

Posted by: Bouho.8234

Bouho.8234

They never said they would not refund… did they?

Posted by: Paladin.5268

Paladin.5268

While I can understand each players frustration with purchasing a box that is labled “Exotic”, almost every one of you also openly admitted that it sounded too good to be true, as you knew each piece goes for 3g+

Sure, you spent 10g and didn’t get what you thought you were getting, but asking for a free exotic set to compensate you? Really?!? Anet is not at fault and we have a wiki and other resources available. You all made impromptu decisions without doing any research first. So in all fairness, you need to share the blame as well.

I do not believe Anet should refund anyone who purchased the gear, as that would be inflating the economy as the goods were bought the seller(s) have already earned and possibly used the coin from the proceeds.

Lesson learned, and in the future I would highly encourage players to ask questions in chat, take some time and do some research, etc. The deal looked too good to be true, and here you are crying foul thinking you were going to get a full exotic set for half the price it currently sells for and find out that is not what you got.

Kryptonite.9376

While I can understand each players frustration with purchasing a box that is labled “Exotic”, almost every one of you also openly admitted that it sounded too good to be true, as you knew each piece goes for 3g+

Sure, you spent 10g and didn’t get what you thought you were getting, but asking for a free exotic set to compensate you? Really?!? Anet is not at fault and we have a wiki and other resources available. You all made impromptu decisions without doing any research first. So in all fairness, you need to share the blame as well.

I do not believe Anet should refund anyone who purchased the gear, as that would be inflating the economy as the goods were bought the seller(s) have already earned and possibly used the coin from the proceeds.

Lesson learned, and in the future I would highly encourage players to ask questions in chat, take some time and do some research, etc. The deal looked too good to be true, and here you are crying foul thinking you were going to get a full exotic set for half the price it currently sells for and find out that is not what you got.

There are way too many things that could influence a price increase/reduction, as well as someone making a mistake, or uneducated post and offering at a slightly discounted rate. Some people have bought as low as 10 gold, but others are still buying the boxes that are 15 gold and upwards. There’s no consistency to it other than the box being labeled an exotic set that is clearly labeled as to what it is.

This statement is a horribly weak way to say “well you got what you deserved, maybe next time you’ll learn since it didn’t happen to me.”

Disregard price, the box says “Box of Berserkers Draconic armor” It is of exotic color, and should unpack as such. Next time, direct your juvenile comments elsewhere. Thanks.

Posted by: Onslaught.7264

Onslaught.7264

paladin…you sir, are akitten

1. the box is clearly labeled “Box of Berserker’s Draconic Armor” which is a level 80 exotic set.

2. what would any person in any place or time period…past, present or future need to research here? are you getting other items in this game where you read one thing and get something completely different? i’m not…

3. even if its priced substantially lower than what you’d expect 3 gold per piece, that does not mean that everyone is a crafter in this game. often times bulk recipes in mmo’s reduce the shear amount of required items when the cost is high to acquire the recipe.

4. don’t bother posting this nonsense. i’m not pulling my hair out over this, i lost 9 gold in the first day or so to it. sure it stressed me out and ruined a bit of the fun of the game for me, but by no means do i expect to just take the loss. i want compensated. either the box of draconic i purchased or the total refund of gold. thats fair…and theres no logic in any defense on anets fault. its a bug, and its being exploited pretty heavily. i’m not a anet hater, but this is really out of control.

Painbringer.8673

I hope you are kidding. Refunding will inflate the economy? You know that they actually CAN remove the gold from the sellers account too right? You are probably one of the people selling the boxes as it seems and just want to get away with it.

I’ve never been scammed in any MMO i’ve played, i’m not gonna get fooled by the company that makes tha game itself. Who cares about some ingame gold, i think what we all care about is the actual real life hours spent farming for it. I didn’t get what i paid for not by some mistake I made, not by something i could have avoided but because Anet failed to provide a bug-free game. Their bug, their fault, so why should i actually loose anything over it?

After all, what’s the point in playing a game where you actually gain nothing. The whole point of MMOs is character progression etc. I see no progression since i’ll have to farm the same hours i already did in order to finally get the armor. And for those that will say “the point is to have fun”: send me (or another random player) 10g and lets see if you’ll be having any.

Posted by: Irenicus.9801

Irenicus.9801

No one is asking for a free set, everyone is asking to get the set that was represented on the box – Draconic. Anet is at fault. They have coded the game. The sellers do not choose a name for their set, nor do they chose the color of the text which matches with exotics. It is clearly, in text and in appearance presented as an exotic set. There is no caveat emptor possible unless you are asking us to completely distrust Anet.

The effect would be absolutely negligible, unless you have an entertaining view on the size of the economy of this game, or a more inside view of what has turned into a scam. The point is even further diminished as most of the players are asking for what they according to the trading post transaction records are entitled to.

Again, you are asking players to distrust Anet, what is your motivation in doing so? Why should someone distrust the way Anet codes their game in terms of what a purchasing party will, or rather should, receive from the trading post since the only control the seller has of the marketing of a good is its price.

Posted by: rhodoc.2381

rhodoc.2381

Well i made a ticket for a karma item refund that bought by mistake. And they said we cannot refund any item either with karma or gold etc.

[VcY] Velocity – Gargamell

Painbringer.8673

Buying something by mistake is a different issue. Yes, they are not entitled to refund you for YOUR mistakes, but they should for THEIR mistakes.

Not paying attention to what you are buying is not something that counts as a flaw of the game, it’s absolutely your responsibility. I wouldn’t ask for a refund if I just went and bought the wrong armor box. But buying the correct box that is coded to give me the wrong armor pieces is a serious flaw.

Posted by: gerwalk.1320

gerwalk.1320

This just happened to me all of 15 minutes ago. Quite frustrating.

The more people that hit 80 and have the funds will see this and think as we all did-

“Hey, exotic orange name – says right there ‘Draconic’, seems legit!” Until they open it up and get a pretty
disappointing surprise.

Immediately reported this with a screenshot.

Hopefully it won’t take people like ourselves coming in here and bumping this thread
over and over for them to finally get around to doing something about this.

Posted by: Onizame.1743

Onizame.1743

i bought mine for 8.50g all money i have where is anet staff… this bug is making alot of ppl lose their hardwork

Posted by: RazieL.5684

RazieL.5684

Ok, I honestly don’t understand why this is not hotfixed…

Here is what I did → I saw that they are selling the box far too cheap so i got 1 box for 8 gold. Because I hope that when all this is fixed, and the boxes reach their normal prices of 15-20 gold or so, just THEN I will open my box and hope to see the set inside (not opened yet) I am not sure if this will work but if it does I will have the best item set in the game for 8 gold

Posted by: Eien.6021

Eien.6021

Unfortunately, I got owned by the bug too.
I farmed for days to buy a box, and then I got rare armors instead of the exotic I wanted.
Hopefully ANET does something.

Kryptonite.9376

Up until last night I really slowed down on playing Guild Wars, not because I was so depressed I was going to kill myself or anything emotionally serious or crying for attention, but just because I farmed for awhile to obtain enough gold to buy that box and I was simply a bit turned off that all my hours had gone to waste.

Of course I haven’t quit but it did leave sort of a bad taste in my mouth for a bit of time, but i’m still playing here and there, but hopefully it can be resolved.

@ Paladin, if all the people are refunded their gold, it would hardly inflate the economy whatsoever. This community consist of millions of players, and although this is happening more frequently, it’s just a handful in comparison to how many players are out there. They do have the power to change armors retroactively.

Alaztor.6918

Up until last night I really slowed down on playing Guild Wars, not because I was so depressed I was going to kill myself or anything emotionally serious or crying for attention, but just because I farmed for awhile to obtain enough gold to buy that box and I was simply a bit turned off that all my hours had gone to waste.

Of course I haven’t quit but it did leave sort of a bad taste in my mouth for a bit of time, but i’m still playing here and there, but hopefully it can be resolved.

@ Paladin, if all the people are refunded their gold, it would hardly inflate the economy whatsoever. This community consist of millions of players, and although this is happening more frequently, it’s just a handful in comparison to how many players are out there. They do have the power to change armors retroactively.

I don’t think changing the armors retroactively would be the best solution since some people(myself included) already sold the set to try to recover some of the gold they lost.

Posted by: drakana.9871

drakana.9871

Ill add my name to this sad list wish I read it before having to come here from being ripped off

Posted by: Geddon Redmane.7315

Geddon Redmane.7315

Welp, count me as another of the fallen to this scam/bug. Wish I had known about this earlier, I was just too excited to get my box of exotic/orange berserker draconic armor pieces to eventually transmute onto a tier 2 charr cultural set only to get owned after opening the box with a crappy set of rare/yellow berserker gladiator armor. I didn’t drop over 4 gold for the rare/yellow rated armor stats, ANet :/

Attachments:

Posted by: MattVid.7905

MattVid.7905

People are getting way too dramatic over this. Look at the other side of the coin for a second.

What if the crafter simply made this box and is posting it up to sell? What if the person posting it isn’t even the same person? The game has a “crafting crit chance” but I have never seen anything every crit, what if the creator thought they critted it into an exotic box? What if the creator thought it was an exotic box of gear, and sold it as such (10g), thinking they were helping a person out by offering it for sale … yet, it is bugged.

People are non-stop whining about “exploiting” but it could honestly be happening without anyone actually knowing what they are doing. The box of armor looks like a box of exotic lvl 80 armor to the buyer and the seller. They obviously need to fix the problem.

Hell, I was about ready to make one of these until I read this post … but apparently it isn’t worth it. Or is it? Haha.

Vidrak Ironwill – Norn Guardian
Omniscient of Jade Quarry

Posted by: Rockstar.9851

Rockstar.9851

People are getting way too dramatic over this. Look at the other side of the coin for a second.

What if the crafter simply made this box and is posting it up to sell? What if the person posting it isn’t even the same person? The game has a “crafting crit chance” but I have never seen anything every crit, what if the creator thought they critted it into an exotic box? What if the creator thought it was an exotic box of gear, and sold it as such (10g), thinking they were helping a person out by offering it for sale … yet, it is bugged.

People are non-stop whining about “exploiting” but it could honestly be happening without anyone actually knowing what they are doing. The box of armor looks like a box of exotic lvl 80 armor to the buyer and the seller. They obviously need to fix the problem.

Hell, I was about ready to make one of these until I read this post … but apparently it isn’t worth it. Or is it? Haha.

It seems like it might be worth it to buy, but wait to open it. Only way i could see it being worth something.

Posted by: phoix.4617

phoix.4617

It’s incredibly unlikely that people are making them without realizing what they are. They use materials for rare items despite the name being colored as exotic and since they appeared on the TP they have been listed at what would be a huge loss. Maybe a few people are not paying any attention at all and are somehow doing this without realizing it, but the majority are definitely just scamming.

Posted by: Loki.5891

Loki.5891

I wouldn’t call the people who sell it scammers – they just pick a price to sell an item. What it does and how it is named is by ANet. If they sellers themselves named it, then it would be a scam, this way it is not.

Geddon Redmane.7315

I wouldn’t call the people who sell it scammers – they just pick a price to sell an item. What it does and how it is named is by ANet. If they sellers themselves named it, then it would be a scam, this way it is not.

It’s not hard to believe that the people who crafted the “exotic” draconic box of armor knew that the materials going into it are actually for rare/yellow items. They’re pricing what looks like an exotic/orange box of armor at exotic armor prices when they more than likely know it just contains rare/yellow armor and the cost for them to craft the box reflects that.

I mean, it’s very much possible that some (if not all) sellers crafting this item are taking advantage of the orange/exotic color, the ‘draconic’ name, and slapping on higher prices onto it because of that.

Posted by: Momo.9230

Momo.9230

Has anyone affected received any kind of update from devs / support other than the “we can’t do anything right now” reply? It’s been 4 days already and it feels like the entire team has taken a long holiday or something.

Kryptonite.9376

Ive had a ticket for a couple of days now with no answer. It seems they’ve completely turned their heads toward this issue in hopes that it sweeps itself under the rug

Posted by: Auxilium.2487

Auxilium.2487

I just hit Lv80 today and had farmed for the past 3 days because I loved the looks of the Draconic Armor and was looking forward to some cool looking gear once I hit 80. So I buy the box for 7g 50s and bam! out comes some rare gladiator’s gear, that’s only SLIGHTLY better then my Lv70 Exotic Armor.

Very very annoyed. Makes me lose interest in the game to be honest. That’s the most gold I’ve had ever.

Geddon Redmane.7315

I just hit Lv80 today and had farmed for the past 3 days because I loved the looks of the Draconic Armor and was looking forward to some cool looking gear once I hit 80. So I buy the box for 7g 50s and bam! out comes some rare gladiator’s gear, that’s only SLIGHTLY better then my Lv70 Exotic Armor.

Very very annoyed. Makes me lose interest in the game to be honest. That’s the most gold I’ve had ever.

Yeah, it’s weird… I really have no interest to play at the moment because of this mishap and the woeful lack of support I’ve read. I feel sorry for those of you who spent 7-10 gold for this. I managed to get the box from the TP at a little over 4 gold, but still, for a casual player like me, 4 gold is A LOT of in-game money at this point.

Posted by: Auxilium.2487

Auxilium.2487

Response GM Lemoncobra via Email 09/12/2012 11:03 PM
Hello,

This issue is being investigated and we hope to have a fix for this as soon as possible, however, we do not have an estimated time for when it will be implemented.

Please note that the support team is unable to restore items at this time.

In the meantime, be sure to keep an eye on the latest game status updates located on the following web pages:

Game Status Update page http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_status_updates
Archived Game Status page: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_status_updates/Archive_1

Thank you for your help in making Guild Wars 2 a great game!

Regards,

GM Lemoncobra
Guild Wars Support Team
http://www.guildwars.comhttp://wiki.guildwars.com
http://www.guildwars2.comhttp://wiki.guildwars2.com

This really sucks, how difficult can it be to just switch out the items or something to that effect. My friend has had an item restored to him (Tome of Influence) when he used it by accident.