[BUG]Characters are Stuttering [Merged]

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Takina.1739

Takina.1739

I find it funny. between Season 2 having just started and they finally put something into the gem store i wanted (ok, I shouldn’t say “finally”, the shared inventory slots I bought right away too and that wasn’t long ago). but point is, I dont buy a lot of gems/gem cards but this week there was something I wanted, the glider, and Im not buying anything when I dont know when Ill be able to play the game again. And the glider only has I think 2 days left before its gone…

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

They are aware of the issue and are currently working on it.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/BUG-Characters-are-Stuttering/page/3

Posted by: Lorena.2973

Lorena.2973

I, too, am getting this stuttering affect. Very annoying, I don’t want to leave town because it will be hard to navigate or fight anything with this going on.

Posted by: Bubbagump.4158

Bubbagump.4158

I’m having to run windowed mode to do dailies in un-ranked pvp Ive no idea about ranked pvp yet might try it ,,, but it does help in un-ranked however to my disadvantage because i hate not adjusting my gamma to my liking, also I still have the stutter in open world and in HOT content. however I’m sure they are working on it, as it can effect business but I mean, as much as I get one little line of code either in the client or server side can be a pain in the … to dissect, come on, anet , I have had faith in ya to let us know something. like a report, a dev to a forum mod or something. don’t slouch on the informative side of things, it takes two seconds to tell someone your working on it. and then a minute to post that message on here, were asking nicely . SEE…..

Posted by: GM Awesomeness

Previous

GM Awesomeness

Self Help Administrator

Next

Hey guys, I just wanted to let you know that we have a potential fix in the testing phase now. I also wanted to summarize some things that others in this thread (thanks!) have said helped:

• windowed mode
  • limit fps
  • disable action camera

We’ll keep you posted on the status of the potential fix. Thanks for your reports.

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

I think I might be suffering from this bug as well. I have micro stutters in Open world, it is not so bad in unranked conquest, but the ping in LA for example is seeming high and my FPS is dropping to like 12 to 8 FPS at times. I am also noticing a Sound stutter very momentarily. I just had installed some upgrades to my pc, I was on XP (yeah yeah jokes can come in) but switched to 7 64 bit and got a newer Graphics card powersupply and harddrive was like what the **** why is my performance worse???? but now ,I’m seeing a familiar sounding issue happening to a lot of people. hope a fix is figured out, I love GW2 would like to be able to play without my ocd kicking in about the stutters

Based on what you said, you didn’t upgrade the motherboard and cpu, nor ram, and therefore I would fully expect less performance. While GW2 does use the graphic card to a large extent now, it still relies heavily on the cpu. Windows 7 itself has a heavier memory footprint, and 64-bit even moreso, than xp, while also likely putting a heavier strain on the cpu itself unless you have changed Windows settings to ‘best performance’ instead of appearance. If the mb & cpu & ram have also been upgraded, then that is a different issue obviously.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Gaile,

Is there anything or anywhere I can post to help with what I am experiencing?

I’m fairly technically and have been doing my own troubleshooting. I even rolled back my system to before the the patch (but the game is the same) and it’s still happening.

The thing I’ve noticed running the resource monitor is the game client 100% stops responding. It’s either a short or long pause. The CPU cycles assigned just stop for the game. The weird thing is the player location doesn’t change until you come back. So it’s like the server tells the client to stop moving or what not…

This is helpful information, Kryxx. Thank you for posting it. As I mentioned, and as GM Awesomeness reiterated, several team members are tracking this thread. We consider it a high priority, and we regret the issues that some players are experiencing!

I think I might be suffering from this bug as well. I have micro stutters in Open world, it is not so bad in unranked conquest, but the ping in LA for example is seeming high and my FPS is dropping to like 12 to 8 FPS at times. I am also noticing a Sound stutter very momentarily. I just had installed some upgrades to my pc, I was on XP (yeah yeah jokes can come in) but switched to 7 64 bit and got a newer Graphics card powersupply and harddrive was like what the **** why is my performance worse???? but now ,I’m seeing a familiar sounding issue happening to a lot of people. hope a fix is figured out, I love GW2 would like to be able to play without my ocd kicking in about the stutters

Based on what you said, you didn’t upgrade the motherboard and cpu, nor ram, and therefore I would fully expect less performance. While GW2 does use the graphic card to a large extent now, it still relies heavily on the cpu. Windows 7 itself has a heavier memory footprint, and 64-bit even moreso, than xp, while also likely putting a heavier strain on the cpu itself unless you have changed Windows settings to ‘best performance’ instead of appearance. If the mb & cpu & ram have also been upgraded, then that is a different issue obviously.

Also very helpful. Thank you!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)

Posted by: CptnCrash.3650

CptnCrash.3650

The update is appreciated and it’s good to know a fix is hopefully on the cards.

Posted by: Lie.3517

Lie.3517

Status on the fix? Been a week now…

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

Status on the fix? Been a week now…

You are going to have to give them some time. It’s only been a day since they said they may have a fix in testing.

Posted by: Galeskyring.9617

Galeskyring.9617

Really hope we get a fix for this soon…..

Honor, Kindness, Patience, are Virtues; Virtues are practiced~ Loyalty & respect are earned

Regard others as you would normally, the internet is not justification for mistreating others

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

Posted by: Raikirih.3091

Raikirih.3091

can we expect the stutter problem fix on this next patch?

shadow.6174

can we expect the stutter problem fix on this next patch?

Well, that page says it is in “Final Testing” then it’s possible. But I wouldn’t hold my breath as that doesn’t ensure that the fix worked.

Posted by: Kezika.7692

Kezika.7692

Any update on this? It almost seems as if it has gotten more severe in the past couple of days…

Posted by: pranker.3748

pranker.3748

A bit of a bump so we don’t get smashed by the choo choo raid hype train today

[qT] Quantify – Hardcore PvE Guild

Posted by: DaVid Darksoul.4985

DaVid Darksoul.4985

I also infrequently experience stuttering and over the last two weeks have developed a twitching effect on my cursor during combat and it is extremely difficult to select skills. During heavy combat in WvW and PvP my toon also locks up momentarily. My fps averages in the teens and my graphics usage hits 99% during combat and heavily visualized areas. These problems started with the quarterly patch and seem to get worse with weekly updates.

WAR Platinum Necro, HoD BL roamer/defender. Solo Keep/Tower capper.

Posted by: Erick Alastor.3917

Erick Alastor.3917

Right now for the first time in a long time my characters are not stuttering.
I changed nothing, did this last patch fix it?

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
- Mike Obrien

Posted by: MauChann.3081

MauChann.3081

For me it didnt fix anything. The known issue tracker also isnt updated.
It actually even got worse for me, its affecting my fps greatly, i already went through the entire troubleshooting with the support team so there is nothing much i can do about it,
All we can do is wait really..

shadow.6174

Posted by: Itsbeckaboo.7913

Itsbeckaboo.7913

Fixed for me! Thank you to the Devs and support! (:

Posted by: Erick Alastor.3917

Erick Alastor.3917

For me it didnt fix anything. The known issue tracker also isnt updated.
It actually even got worse for me, its affecting my fps greatly, i already went through the entire troubleshooting with the support team so there is nothing much i can do about it,
All we can do is wait really..

Sorry to hear that, I hope you’ll find a way to solve it :/

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
- Mike Obrien

Posted by: Raikirih.3091

Raikirih.3091

No more stuttering for me, Thank you

Posted by: CptnCrash.3650

CptnCrash.3650

Thank you for the fix! No more stuttering for me. I really hope it’s resolved soon for those that are still experiencing it.

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

After the update of today, my characters are stuttering on my screen.

Everything else on the screen is not stuttering , except my character (when moving)
Running 64bit Client fyi

- Tried to relog
- Tried to restart

When using movement skills, there is no character-stutter.
It’s only when running.

Cheers

Nuh uh, not only are they stuttering but many times I get no audio at all, many players are ignoring it, I find it most unprofessional.

Some of the cut scene will speak, cut out and maybe start again, sometimes starts at in the middle or end or no sound at all.

No, there’s nothing wrong with my installation – unless your 64 bit client is even worse than the 32 bit and I have had far less occurrences with 64 bit, but even some of the spoken content not being there, not getting to whichever client it is being streamed to or buffered to, should be cause to make sure all the sound files are protected – right now they aren’t coming across intact.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

Posted by: Boogiepop Void.6473

Boogiepop Void.6473

My graphical performance has taken a sudden dive after the most recent patch. I was doing fine before, and now everything is stuttering slightly (FPS has dropped to ~10?). I originally thought Lion’s Arch was just overly full in my instance due to the patch rush, but it has persisted across several maps. It’s making it very hard to do anything involving jumping and is forcing me to somewhat button mash for combat since there seems to be a slight delay, which makes it hard for me to maneuver my thief around.

(edited by Boogiepop Void.6473)

Posted by: Bubbagump.4158

Bubbagump.4158

you got the stutter bug we been complaining about for weeks,,,,, i do havever have a possible solution for you for the FPS thing. if running windows 7 (Im on 7 so all can do to to tell you .
hit start on your desktop in the start menu search bar. type in ‘%’ temp ‘%’ (without the apostrophes or spaces ). open the temp folder find your GW2 cache ,,and delete , trust me its safe to delete. next youll need to be in administrator to do this but g to my computer —> windows --→ Prefetch , and just delete everything in there except readyboot. all this folder is is a giant storage or cache to store quick start points for programs ,,, no harm will be done,, just dont touch readyboot. as its a system folder.

Kezika.7692

Hey ArenaNet, this doesn’t seem to be completely fixed. It is definitely occurring less, but I have noticed that there are still some times where it seems to crop up for a bit.

Posted by: Isiolith.2940

Isiolith.2940

Yup, I can confirm it is not 100% fixed. After a few 10 – 20 secs, animations are still shuttering a little. Easier way to notice is while falling.

Posted by: MauChann.3081

MauChann.3081

Its more like the camera is stuttering for me now. The animation of my character doesn’t seem to be odd or anything.

Edit:
The longer i keep playing the game the better the situation gets, There are some lagspikes here and there but nothing too bad.
Though i’d understand that the Pvp players in here will be annoyed still. But i play pve only kinda, its improved enough to be playable again. (:

(edited by MauChann.3081)

Boogiepop Void.6473

I literally just came back to the game after 2 years. This is not encouraging me to stay.

Posted by: amidare.9561

amidare.9561

I have same problem. During raid in Salvation Pass yesterday I had around 30-35 fps. 20 hrs later it went down to 16-20 at most. Same problem in every map.

Boogiepop Void.6473

Good news is it seems to have dropped down to only happening in Lion’s Arch now. But it is still happening.

EDIT: Nope, turns out it’s just now happening randomly instead of constantly. Comes on and off when I go between maps, instances, or use gate travel.

(edited by Boogiepop Void.6473)

Kezika.7692

I’ve also noticed with this patch that my rendering frametime is spikier than usual, not sure if that may be related as well.

Posted by: pranker.3748

pranker.3748

Seems to be fixed for me now

[qT] Quantify – Hardcore PvE Guild

Previous

GM Awesomeness

Self Help Administrator

Next

I’m glad to hear this is fixed for many of you. For the rest of you, I’ll make sure the dev who worked on the fix sees your updates.

Posted by: MrCandleGuy.9234

MrCandleGuy.9234

I just got the issue last night, happens across all characters in lions arch. I’ve tried restarting and everything but no luck. =( Makes the game unplayable.

EDIT: i’ve tried repairing my files, restarted my computer, different characters, different cities. Same issue. Though, if I jump while running I can run fine. But once I stop it happens again, i think it might be clipping into the floor?
EDIT EDIT: I updated my keyboard firm ware and it fixed it.

(edited by MrCandleGuy.9234)

Previous

GM Awesomeness

Self Help Administrator

Keyboard firmware? Weeeeird. I had been suspecting driver issues, but keyboards are usually pretty innocent. Out of curiosity, what kind of keyboard do you use?