Blue Not Visible at DR Grenth WP

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I wasn’t quite sure how to phrase the title, there.

When showing various dye schemes on the Crystal Savant outfit to a guildie, my alts with blue-ish tones on the metal parts of the outfit had them rendered in flat browns. So I thought it was an issue with the outfit. But when I went to make screenshots I realized my human DH’s Wintersday Bow also had lost the blue hues that made it the right bow for him to carry.

I took him to Hoelbrak, where the blues seemed back, if subdued. Then I doublechecked on my sylvari DH in her outfit. Blue tones in Rata Sum, brown at Grenth, dull blue in Hoelbrak, shiny blue in Queensdale even at DR’s gates, brown in the Commons and the Dead End, blue enough to say it was blue in the Park and the Palace. Back to Grenth, brown again, and running from there to the Park with spot checks it got to dull flat green once I was in the halls behind the Palace.

Is Grenth sucking all the blue to His domain below to enhance the iciness?

Yes, I know that lighting can affect dyes. This seems egregiously much, however, especially as the same sunlight in the same brown stone sorts of areas in the same open city gives such huge differences.

Some screens, yes I know the man looks ridiculous in the outfit, it’s an ongoing schtick where employers hire him as a superfluous bodyguard and make him dress foolishly to fit their party theme

Attachments:

Posted by: Marge.4035

Marge.4035

Maaaaay be part of the problem I “reported” here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Graphics-after-patch-23-02-2016/

Basically, envinro maps are weaker and blurrier, so ambient light can affect things stronger than it did before the patch. Maybe you noticed your usual favourites look kind of different? Your sylvari lost some gloss in the previews? Because I’m pretty sure it happened.

No, No, No! Mummified flesh on the left! Dried bones on the right!

(edited by Marge.4035)

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I’ll have to check. I know my screenshots have seemed lower quality for a while (the pics above are direct snips from the game on my monitor — I have to Snip chat logs from RP direct in game or they come out small and blurry for posting on my guild forum).

I’m on high settings on a good computer, I never drop settings even for Maw. So having things get dull and flat is a little distressing. Your before and after shots in your thread are a very good contrast to demonstrate the issue.