Broken targeting system (Nearest Enemy)

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: McJAC.4739

McJAC.4739

Since the change of tab targeting (to get the rarest mob in the target) it has been impossible to properly target anything since this, for some strange reason, also applies for targeting the nearest enemy (especially players of GW1 are probably most used to this function).

Believe it or not, most fights don’t involve 5 champions. Usually there is only one and this makes your targeting absolutely useless (expecially last boss in the harpy fractal…that dude is invulnerable, but no matter what button you press you will always target him).

I think that the change for tab targeting was a good one but I don’t see why that was extended on all targeting. Target Nearest Enemy should be reversed back to its previous functionallity so that we are actually able target the enemy right in our faces.

Otherwise what is the point of this function?

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

And at the same time, please make it target the nearest enemy (more often). It still picks distant targets while ignoring things that you can hit in front of you in melee range.

Posted by: Paul.4081

Paul.4081

And at the same time, please make it target the nearest enemy (more often). It still picks distant targets while ignoring things that you can hit in front of you in melee range.

Yep, happens all the time to me. Monsters all around but auto target thinks an appropriate target is the one that says “Out of Range” when I hit attack. The targeting atm would take some serious dedication to make it any worse.

Posted by: frifox.5283

frifox.5283

I had tab target a champ that’s out of my skill range (900) AND not even on my screen while I literally had 6 other enemy mobs (including 3 veterans) within 180 range of me, all perfectly visible on my screen.

This new targeting system is just broken.

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

This issue had been reported by others since the change to targeting was made last month.

Reported Functionality Issues (Hover on INFO for issue description)

Pulled from the Tracker: Reported Bugs and Their Status [collaborative effort by players] sticky thread.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |