Bug: Rune Of Perplexity

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: baenz.3812

baenz.3812

as it seems rune of perplexity is bugged on its current state. the 4th piece bonus of this rune set doesnt apply confusion on your opponent but on yourself when you are hit.

can we please have a quick hotfix for this? thanks

Attachments:

Posted by: Sunreva.8714

Sunreva.8714

Bump. This is an urgent bug that needs to be fixed ASAP!

These runes are utterly worthless until this is corrected

Posted by: Paul Belz.7351

Paul Belz.7351

Next

Thanks guys!

We’ve got this fixed internally and it should be pushed with the next hotfix. Much appreciated!

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Can i get a quick answer:

“4) 20% chance to cause confusion on hit (15 second cooldown)”

does that mean when I hit someone with an attack or when they hit me? Seeing as its currently bugged i am not quite sure how it is meant to work

Posted by: Paul Belz.7351

Previous

Paul Belz.7351

when you hit something.

Posted by: Kojiden.8405

Kojiden.8405

when you hit something.

Wow. I’ve been playing since release and I always assumed when it was you got hit. This is nice to know.

Posted by: Yvilthi.5413

Yvilthi.5413

Thanks guys!

We’ve got this fixed internally and it should be pushed with the next hotfix. Much appreciated!

Hey Paul,

There seems to be one more problem with this rune.
As mesmer i have since today:

6 x superior rune of perplexity = 30% cond. duration
1 x superior sigil of malice = 6% cond. duration
10 points in domination = 10% cond. duration

But even so i only have 16% condition duration noticed in my hero screen.
See my screenshot.

Cheers and keep up the good work!
Yv Ilthi

Attachments:

Yvilthi lvl 80 human Ranger
Yv Ilthi lvl 80 human Mesmer

Posted by: smilango.5960

smilango.5960

it’s not a bug – Perplexity grants you +30% Confusion Duration – not overall Condition Duration

Posted by: Kraidoz.9136

Kraidoz.9136

Something else that I think is missing from the 4th and 6th skills.

4) 20% chance to cause Confusion on hit (15 second cooldown)
6) +15% confusion duration. Causes 10 seconds of Confusion on interrupt.

There is no indication of the base duration for the 4th skill and they both lack the detail as to how many stacks of confusion they each apply.

Posted by: Ambrecombe.4398

Ambrecombe.4398

I have a couple of questions :
- How much stacks of confusion do you put with the 20% on hit?
- How much stacks of confusion do you put with the on interupt effect?

Posted by: Pollux.3247

Pollux.3247

when you hit something.

Wow. I’ve been playing since release and I always assumed when it was you got hit. This is nice to know.

I guess it’s different when they say ON hit instead of WHEN hit. But a confirmation would be nice.

Posted by: Da Sonic.6521

Da Sonic.6521

To answer the questions people had:

20% On hit applies 3 stacks for 5 seconds base (increased automatically by the 30% Confusion duration, then adds whatever condition duration you have for a max of 10 seconds.

Interrupt applies 5 stacks for 10 seconds (Same properties as above)

Genesis Theory [GT] (HoD)

Posted by: SoccaGOD.9375

SoccaGOD.9375

Has anyone else noticed the 30% confusion duration not being added recently? I bought these runes yesterday and it appears that the #4 bonus and all my other sources of confusion are only affected by my condition duration, not the extra 30% confusion duration.

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

Something else that I think is missing from the 4th and 6th skills.

4) 20% chance to cause Confusion on hit (15 second cooldown)
6) +15% confusion duration. Causes 10 seconds of Confusion on interrupt.

There is no indication of the base duration for the 4th skill and they both lack the detail as to how many stacks of confusion they each apply.

its 5 stack per interrupt for 10 seconds…hello balance team? not sure if u intended warriors that dont even have to spec into confusion getting 25 stacks! btw what about trebs when u inteerupt a whole zerg with it?

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

(edited by selan.8354)

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

It’s funny that these runes are better for non-confusion classes than classes that are supposed to cause confusion, like Mesmers.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

It’s funny that these runes are better for non-confusion classes than classes that are supposed to cause confusion, like Mesmers.

pretty much this, but anet has not fixed this. mesmers had to find ways to stack it, by pulling enemies through glamfields, giving up dps, having high cd’s and then nerf came along, bb was nerfed with a big icd, thieves can still spam blindness, we cant= less stacks and now warriors can stack confusion better than any confusion build out there due to a rune.

i think anet didnt really think the new runes through at all.tormenting is now overnerfed.oi….

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Posted by: Khezekiah Bellamy.5016

Khezekiah Bellamy.5016

The added confusion duration is not working, tested this many times, with a skill causing 4s of confusion I am only getting the duration listed over normal mobs as 3s(how duration should look for 4s of something since last second counts down to 0); but with a total 30% more confusion duration I should have at least 1 more second on the duration thus making the duration show 4s when moused over. Have tried with several different confusion causing skill and not gaining the additional duration.

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

No fix was included for this issue in the patch notes for the August 20th update, despite the dev post in this thread stating it would be in the next patch.

Has this issue been fixed with the new update? Confusion no longer applies to self and is instead correctly applied to enemy on hit?

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Posted by: Da Sonic.6521

Da Sonic.6521

He said hotfix, which means not a traditional patch, the ones every 2 weeks. This rune set has worked for the past few weeks.

Genesis Theory [GT] (HoD)

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

He said hotfix, which means not a traditional patch, the ones every 2 weeks. This rune set has worked for the past few weeks.

Yes, I know he said “hotfix”. His stating “hotfix” was 15 days ago and there were several hotfixes between then and the new content update of August 20th. I didn’t see it mentioned in the patch notes for the hotfixes since then, and players have not mentioned in the thread that it was resolved, and it was not mentioned in the new August 20th patch notes, so I wanted to get an actual response in this thread that the issue was resolved. I wanted to verify that it was, indeed, fixed, so I can then remove it from my bug tracker thread.

I rescanned all of the patch notes and hotfix updates and I now see that it was mentioned, I just had not seen it previously. Even still, patch notes have included incorrect statements in the past of issues being fixed that persisted even after the “fixed” statement in the patch notes.

Player verification is key as I’ve learned to not always trust patch notes. So, your stating that it has been fixed for 2 weeks is good news. And thank you for updating this thread with that fact. I’ll now move it to “fixed” in my tracker.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

(edited by StinVec.3621)