[Bugged Skill point][Sparkfly FEN] SHARK [Merged]

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: pmnt.4067

pmnt.4067

The “Defeat the Ancient Sharks” Skill Challenge in Sparkfly Fen is bugged on Abbadon’s Mouth [DE]. The third Ancient Shark did not spawn and while looking for the shark I found a map hole in the shark cave, reachable without any teleportating/charging skills.

I was able to hit something (probably the third shark) with AoE near the position in the third screen shot.

If the exact position is still unclear, I can provide more screen shots – I can swim through the map hole quite reliable.

To the issue with the skill challenge: It seems that there is a reset timer for that challenge. I’ve been around while the challenge has been reset and I got credit for completing it.

http://imgur.com/QBurZ,QAjI9,rFK3n,enpBT,jZW70#0

I can’t wait until ANet releases the game promoted in the manifesto.
Until that, I’ll play GW2.

Posted by: Jason King.2647

Previous

Jason King.2647

Live Response Embed

Next

We’re aware that this skill challenge can still be broken, and we’re working on some potential fixes. Thank you for your patience and understanding!

ArenaNet Community Team
Live Response Embed

Posted by: Hephaestus.7491

Hephaestus.7491

Hello to whoever is reading this. Just a few minutes ago I was doing the skill point mentioned above; it was very easy since all four sharks were stuck swimming over a huge rock… Not sure if I’m the only one thats noticed but its pretty obvious. By the way its on Sparkfly Den, Leeshore Gauntlet (lv 60ish place), my realm is Maguuma.

Posted by: Avrilliest.2836

Avrilliest.2836

how to kill Pistrix – Easy.

-Go to blue arrow area.
-Go down stairs.
-Turn around and face stairs. <—- Key
-Drop just below water line.
-Attack rock with ranged weapon.
-It will say obstructed at first.
-Suddenly pistrix appears half out of the rock.
-Keep mashing and kill him.

I tried to make a video … my first. Lo and behold – someone killed Pistrix from ABOVE the rock.

I’ll post it on YouTube if I can get my Mac include the sound.

Posted by: RaffoO.7329

RaffoO.7329

Hi,the skill point is bugged in Seafarer’s Rest stucking at 2/3
the Ancient Shark is somewhere in the rocks but is not possible target it.
plz fix it ^^

Posted by: Arsenic Touch.7960

Arsenic Touch.7960

Still broke on dragonbrand.

Managed to unstuck them from in the rock so they appear above ground, did a lot of spear spamming on my thief.

Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

Dragonbrand – Level 80 – Human Ranger

(edited by Arsenic Touch.7960)

Posted by: zeroshin.3157

zeroshin.3157

So yeah… this just happened:

couldn’t find the shark underwater, but on land O_o…

Attachments:

Posted by: zeroshin.3157

zeroshin.3157

same as the other 3 sharks accompanying the Ancient Shark

Attachments:

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

I’ve seen this bug myself also.

Additionally, sometimes the sharks bug out and are ‘friendly’ even though the DE to kill them is active.

Posted by: NickFireman.7243

NickFireman.7243

Unfortunately this bug is happenning for quite a few time already and, as long as I know, in several servers. It’s still possible to complete the challenge, but it depends on wich of the 3 sharks are still “killable”. Depending on wich, you can target and hit it with a few skills above the cave or inside the cave, in the water, with your underwater ranged weapon. I did it this week with my Guardian. Had to find the spot above the red shark (that was stuck in the ground) and AoE it.

Garrus Finiarel – Human Warrior
Raven Oakwood – Sylvari Ranger
Kal Vas Flam [KVF] – Jade Quarry

Posted by: Rexcalibur.6743

Rexcalibur.6743

Was just minding my own business in a Personal Story, and I was suddenly followed and attacked by a Land Shark. O_o

Attachments:

80 memser
Leader of Shards of the Past [PAST]
Darkhaven server

Posted by: Mister Chow.4281

Mister Chow.4281

Hilarious! I want one for a pet.

“10 kinds of people: those who understand binary and those who don’t.”

Posted by: Pariah.1457

Pariah.1457

Posted by: Josef Marion.3562

Josef Marion.3562

Ok guys, I figured out exactly what is causing this. There is actually a hole in the landscape in the water area where the sharks are. This means that this area is accessible to the sharks for spawning/swimming purposes, but it also means that you can get there too. If a shark is green, it means he has been killed already and you are just missing one of the brood or something. There is a small hole in the water area that you can just swim through to go into a weird land of clipped images and lost sharks. So just look for it and you can complete the challenge. I discovered this for myself in Yaks Bend server just now. You’ll probably have to wp out though, because I couldn’t find the exit for the life of me.

Attachments:

Posted by: war.3790

war.3790

I found out how to kill them on Ehmry Bay .
Here are the locations of the missplaced ones:

Attachments:

Faster Stronger Better [PUGz]

Posted by: Hyperion.9704

Hyperion.9704

Currently bugged on Tarnished Coast NA, January 12, 2013 @ 0015h server time.

Posted by: Loco.9508

Loco.9508

Bugged on Maguuma server, Nice to see we still have these problems going 5 months into the game.

Verdict – 80 Mesmer – EVOH – Maguuma

Posted by: Broshi.4759

Broshi.4759

Still bugged on kaineng, I sent in a report like a week ago and they still haven’t fixed it :/. also i tried killing them from atop the rock but they just heal back to full after a few attacks

Posted by: Broshi.4759

Broshi.4759

most frustrating thing on gw2

Posted by: perugio.4731

perugio.4731

Still bugged – Vabbi server. Saw this reported way back in Sep 2012 – still not fixed. Bugged it in game – no tricks worked for me.

Posted by: Mush.1459

Mush.1459

on eredon terrace when i go into the cave i dont see any sharks except a juvenile shark which im guessing is for a pet.

Posted by: Witch.7982

Witch.7982

Currently bugged on Gandara again…. Levelling 4th character and 3rd time can’t complete Sparkfly right away because of the same problem…… Unlucky spot…

Posted by: Lobsterking.9348

Lobsterking.9348

Currently bugged on Tarnished coast… Need help pls

Posted by: Radnar.9814

Radnar.9814

Anyone else just seeing the sharks floating above the ruins instead of in the secret entrance underwater? The event is on and says to kill them but there just green and floating in mid air… wanted to get it done for the 100% completion. Tried relogging and there were a few other people around seeing the same.

Posted by: Jason King.2647

Previous

Jason King.2647

Live Response Embed

I come bearing good news: we have a potential fix for this skill challenge with the next update! I think you’ll all be pleased with our solution for this problem.

Thank you for your patience!

ArenaNet Community Team
Live Response Embed

Posted by: Tric.5410

Tric.5410

it is still bugged until now. which shark to kill?? a lot of people have been having troubles with this one. fix it please

Posted by: Vlupius.8750

Vlupius.8750

I tried to get him to glitch back into the normal area… And in the process managed to get my own pet shark to glitch to the other side. He didn’t want to attack the Ancient Shark, unfortunately. Looking forward to the fix!

Attachments:

(edited by Vlupius.8750)

Posted by: Healy Unit.1023

Healy Unit.1023

Just so everyone knows, it’s currently NOT bugged on Ehmry Bay. Or rather, I just did it, so it’s doable. Just in case anyone needs!

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

I’ve done this a few times in Sorrow’s Furnace and never seen it bugged. The land sharks are pretty cool though, I almost feel like I missed out on something.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

Posted by: ExCentya.4305

ExCentya.4305

shark?
STAHP

This is Mr. Shark.
Likes; to sunbath
Long swims in a hole ( he grew up there)

Dislikes; charrs, humans, sylvari, asura, alive or undead doesnt matter.

Attachments:

Posted by: CriminalMind.4379

CriminalMind.4379

Probably re-located because people couldn’t find cave. hehe

Posted by: Lord Antarxes the Middling.8031

Lord Antarxes the Middling.8031

As of this post Pistrix in Leeshore Gauntlet is currently stuck on these rocks. You cannot interact with him to complete the skill challenge.

Attachments:

Posted by: Timze.7980

Timze.7980

If I remember correctly I believe I read about this getting fixed in next patch. This is already known bug.

If you are reading this, you are only waisting your time!
Still reading this? You know there is something better to be done for sure. -.-’’

Posted by: Nightchill.3250

Nightchill.3250

I found a way to go around the bugged ancient shark skill point. Usually one or 2 sharks are stuck in the rocks above the cave. If you go out of the cave and right above it (on the rocks that are in the screens) and move around you should be able to see their names and then target (did it by pressing a skill). Most spells can’t touch them but there are some that can (like elementalist underwater boil thingy). If you manage to dmg them they should come over the rocks (see the screens).
http://postimage.org/image/699857abl/full/
http://postimage.org/image/x8d30cwsh/full/

Seafarer’s Rest

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

I found the hole where you can go out of bounds but still couldn’t find the two missing brood, I can see them stuck outside though. There seems to be another hole I couldn’t find. Hope this will really be fixed with the next patch.
http://i.imgur.com/Qj7x5oM.jpg

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

Posted by: Boneyard Yogi.8206

Boneyard Yogi.8206

The ancient shark skill challenge in Sparkfly Fen is bugged. The shark is floating above the roof of the cave & can’t be activated from inside the cave. It can be seen above the ground.

Bob

Attachments:

Posted by: Seveer.6421

Seveer.6421

It has been for months, For me anyway. It’s stopping me getting my world completion! Hopefully me “bumping” this topic will get it noticed and eventually, get it fixed…

Posted by: Aesa.2803

Aesa.2803

Have just completed this on Seafarer’s Rest … at level 56 .. without any of the sharks touching me. They were all floating above the water and I was able to kill Pistrix and his ancient shark brood. While it was rather nice to get a level 61 skill challenge done at level 56 it did seem like a bit of a cheat.

Posted by: Lillith.5724

Lillith.5724

I hate to do this, but bumping this so dev’s can see this. It’s the only thing keeping me from completing this map!
Don’t forget guys!!!

Lillith Flame – Norn Ranger
Guild Leader: Spank Reunited
Yak’s Bend Server

Posted by: Spectre.5283

Spectre.5283

Yup, same problem here on the Aurora Glade server. This is all I need to get 100% for this area and is really annoying. However the bug does allow for some funny snaps.

http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/9604/gw293.jpg

Posted by: Yuki Aurelian.3098

Yuki Aurelian.3098

I may have a workaround this. Have a ranger friend handy. When I came up from the waters (see SS), I saw the Ancient Shark in the stone. It wasn’t green as shown in ss, cos we beat the snot out of it btw. Basically, have your ranger friend target this shark in the rocks, go down to where the skill point shark is and have the pet attack the shark. There is a point in the roof where you can shoot through the rocks, takes a bit of finding, but generally above the skill point shark. Doing this will force the quest to complete, so whoever needs it can talk to the skill point shark again to activate.

Now I realised the 2nd time my friend activated it, the Ancient Shark was STILL in the rocks. Have the person who needs it to kill off the 2 broods, then have ranger kill the Ancient Shark in the stone. Skill point completed.

This is on Isle of Janith btw.

Edit: After my friend, I helped another player get her skill point and this time, Pistrix was on land.

Edit edit: I think I know why the shark gets stuck in the water. After killing Pistrix on land, the next person activated it and Pistrix was in water. He bugged into the rocks again when I fled and exited the waters. So ehh I guess, if he’s in the waters…. don’t run away to dry land? XD

Attachments:

(edited by Yuki Aurelian.3098)

Posted by: Tranquilnelf.1258

Tranquilnelf.1258

Ok, so now you just commune with the corpse of the Shark –
Long live the legend of the (now dead ) land-shark

Posted by: jasonbrisbane.3406

jasonbrisbane.3406

I did manage to finish this, but I found a huge bunch of holes in the map.

If you go into the agro cave, then head up and on the right, there is a spot between the walls where you part of the wall disappears (the edge finishes before it merges with the walls). As such the sharks are going into other creaves behind the walls and getting stuck (i believe). Or at least the one shark with the agro on it…

Maybe someone should look at the maps of the walls themselves, so the sharks and people cant go behind the walls. Maybe this wil fix the agro problem…

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

Unfortunately for me it is still bugged? Server Underworld. There is the corpse like an NPC with green namen and wiki says it got changed so you need to commune with the corpse but I only get the option “talk”(since it is an allied npc and you usually talk with them).

No fight and not possible to commune. I’ll try the guest system now to try it on another server.

Edit: Nevermind: Somehow I got that skill point and it did not show the commune animation you usually get and that’s why I thought it was bugged and always tried to commune/ talk again when I already had the skill point.

(edited by Luthan.5236)