Posted by: Torres.2890

Torres.2890

Why is this getting ignored….

Baruch Bay.

Bugged World Bonuses

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Torres.2890

Torres.2890

Gamebreaking bug for mesmers is being ignored aswell…., yet they do have the time to reply on a “broken asura ears” thread.

Baruch Bay.

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: domino.4271

domino.4271

I have the same problem – came to this thread because I’ve noticed that i have less HP than my friends’ characters with same build, stats, gear etc. I haven’t got a single constructive response from the support for two weeks. I posted it on forum today and in less than 10 minutes someone suggested bugged wvwvw bonuses – and that’s confirmed now (I have never changed servers). Its ridiculous – support is USELESS, ANet members are LYING to us about the ranger changes… simply someone is fooling with us. For * Sake, we PAID for this game, we spend real money for items in the gemstore, and the game treats the players uneven! Guys, we are being too polite, we actually have the premise to DEMAND. If something, that has been advertised, generally works but does not work for couple of people (still it has been paid for by all of us), it should be a priority for the team to fix… instead of wasting time on boring lost shores event that has few of it’s stages bugged and non-playable.
God, I’m really pissed off and so should be you.

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: Matt Witter.6982

Previous

Matt Witter.6982

Game Designer

Next

We are currently looking into this issue as one of our higher bug priorities. We want to thank everyone who posted and helped with the investigation of this issue. We are working daily on improving the overall state and experience of WvW. We would like to thank everyone for their patience and consideration.

-WvW Team

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: grondag.7810

grondag.7810

Wait, we get bonuses for WvW? I guess I saw that on the WvW page but I kinda assumed they were just worthless. Now reading this I realize I’ve never got them and I’ve never transferred. So like three months I’ve been going without.

I am not well pleased. Even less so that it is taking so long to fix. Can I at least get some kind of trophy? Maybe a backpack that looks like a big screw sticking out of my body…

Ah never mind, I probably won’t be playing by the time you get around to this.

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: Taper.2378

Taper.2378

I too have had this bug since launch, and I have always been on the same server. If they do not have a fix yet, they should just disable all bonuses till they do. It’s extremely unfair to all of us affected by this problem.

In other games, people pay a premium price to have such a premium gaming experience over others. However, we all paid for the same game, yet we aren’t getting the same gaming experience.

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: Cyrus.8261

Cyrus.8261

We are currently looking into this issue as one of our higher bug priorities. We want to thank everyone who posted and helped with the investigation of this issue. We are working daily on improving the overall state and experience of WvW. We would like to thank everyone for their patience and consideration.

-WvW Team

I’m happy to hear it’s finally been acknowledged as a serious bug. It’s very frustrating to always be playing at a disadvantage.

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: striderragabash.2178

striderragabash.2178

Amen to that. Both my wife and I have had this bug since day 1 on kaineng server. Glad to here that it is a least being worked on now.

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: Sligh.2789

Sligh.2789

-WvW Team

This is not a WvW issue, it a an issue for EVERY player on every server. THis should be a TOP PRIORITY for the game as a whole as it affects everyone.

Bugged World Bonuses

Sligh.2789

No member of my guild has received these bonuses to cafting, defense, endurance, gathering, healing, health, gold per kill, or expeience per kill since the game launched.
Why is this not a top priority for the entire Anet team?

There are players in every world operating at a distinct disadvantage to other players that are receiving this advertised game mechanic. It took the WvW team 28 days to acknowledge the problem, and now says it is beng looked into.
This affects every player on every server every day, and should be considered a game breaker. Why are some receiving the benefit when the rest are not? It should be dismantled until ALL can receive these bonuses.
When you hover over the WvW icon and see { World Vs Wolrd [B] }, you ARE NOT GETTING these bonuses. If you open the WvW window, you see what you SHOULD be getting.
This is a serious issue and should be acknowledged and updated regularly by the product developement team on a consistant basis.

(edited by Sligh.2789)

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: Leira.9702

Leira.9702

I dont think this is an account issue but a bug?

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: WingsMage.5718

WingsMage.5718

-WvW Team

This is not a WvW issue, it a an issue for EVERY player on every server. THis should be a TOP PRIORITY for the game as a whole as it affects everyone.

Exactly my thoughts!

“We are currently looking into this issue as one of our higher bug priorities”

one of … ? I can’t think of anything else that should have higher priority than this bug. This bug has a MAJOR impact on the whole gameplay experience. It gives an unfair disadvantage to anyone not receiving the bonuses. It is HUGE and has lasted for way too long.

“We are working daily on improving the overall state and experience of WvW”

This one sentence really worries me. Do they even understand the consequences of this bug? Again, it does not only affect the state and experience of WvW, but those of the whole game.

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: GummiBear.2756

GummiBear.2756

Exactly my thoughts!

“We are currently looking into this issue as one of our higher bug priorities”

one of … ? I can’t think of anything else that should have higher priority than this bug. This bug has a MAJOR impact on the whole gameplay experience. It gives an unfair disadvantage to anyone not receiving the bonuses. It is HUGE and has lasted for way too long.

Maybe things that might prevent ppl from logging in or similar would be higher priority?

“We are working daily on improving the overall state and experience of WvW”

This one sentence really worries me. Do they even understand the consequences of this bug? Again, it does not only affect the state and experience of WvW, but those of the whole game.

Well the bonuses come FROM WvW, and thus is definitely RELATED to WvW

So I see nothing wrong there (and I am one of those that been affected by this since headstart too btw)

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: Ummeiko.5318

Ummeiko.5318

So, I just realized this was actually a bug and not bad luck. My friend used to get extra node procs all the time and I’ve never gotten any. I just attributed it to terrible luck.

Now reading this thread, I realize I’ve just never had the bonuses. I mouseover the icon, nothing’s there. I can see my guild bonuses, but nothing from wvw, and we have several bonuses active.

I have never transferred servers – been on Darkhaven since Head Start.

Marumari – Asura Warrior
Ummei – Asura Ele

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: DemigoesRAWR.8701

DemigoesRAWR.8701

Been a part of Devona’s Rest since I started. Never have I once had these buffs which are game breaking if you don’t.

It is a huge disadvantage and honestly they should remove it in its entirety until they have it working for everyone again.

It’s a vital function of the game and something this huge would skew the gaming experience as a whole. It would be a merchantability issue and in Washington state (that’s where arenanet is) no kind of TOS can take away the warrant of merchantability without explicit negotiation of such waivers of merchantability.

Ultimately this means if anyone is so inclined to they could demand a refund and be entitled to it.

It sucks because I really enjoy the gameplay but have wondered why I have had issues making the same amount of money as my friends even though I farm way more then them. I plan to stay for a while longer before I opt for a refund. I really hate the idea but with all the disadvantages and the sheer amount of time I have to put in to get the same kind of profits as some people it is extremely disheartening.

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: Kanuahs.1296

Kanuahs.1296

The WvW icon tooltip is not the surest way to find out if you have this bug. It did not display any bonuses for me so i decided to check it out.
If you want to test it, take screenshots like the ones i posted below, preferably just after and before WvW reset. I have the same traits, gear and slot skills for both screenshots.(Almost 1k increase in health because of Robust)

I guess i’m lucky i don’t have the bug.

Attachments:

(edited by Kanuahs.1296)

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: Eirikr.8047

Eirikr.8047

-WvW Team

Thanks for acknowledging this bug. I was starting to wonder if this one was being looked into.

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: DreadLord.3275

DreadLord.3275

Still bugged. Have been on Underworld since launch.

(edited by DreadLord.3275)

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: kireeblondi.5789

kireeblondi.5789

This bug is starting to effect my will to play, along with the insane rewards that were given to people for free for the one-time event. I could not participate, some sort of npc giving the bag at least for free after the event would be nice..

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: Loridian.2410

Loridian.2410

I am really really tired of this game “Core Mechanic” Bug! Can You Please Please Tell us something, anything; “go to hell customer”, or “yes we are working on it”, or “we have a fix and it should be implemented in the next patch”, or “we are aware of this bug and are trying to, at the very least, fix it”.

Seriously guys, its getting old not seeing some of the major game touted parts of the game you advertised, to be addressed and fixed for all! If you can not fix it it should be scrapped for ALL!

Now that you have your new content, your Holiday events, your One-Time only “Be There” or Lose content over for at least a few weeks, can we please get some love on what you advertised as part of your “Core Game” I cant wait (and constantly check after each Ninja Build) and Hover over WvW only to see nothing, and right now Blackgate is at 7% defense, and 7% robust along with the slew of other nice additions. That a lot of us Do not have, and a lot Do! This is far from a Q.Q post. Its almost an exploit by definition. Haves, Have Nots. But not because of any fault of there own. Its Not that they Don’t have exotics so no you cant play in my sandbox. come back when you do. I am surprised people are not asking “hey” do you have the stats from WvW, if not you cant play in my sandbox.

Please, really can we have an official response on what, when, and if this issue will get resolved in the near future? Please.

Bugged World Bonuses

Sligh.2789

Gaile Gray stated this, to the best of her knowledge, would be fixed in the next, or one of the next few live updates, on the account issue thread.

(edited by Sligh.2789)

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: GummiBear.2756

GummiBear.2756

Gaile Gray acknowledged that to the best of her knowledge, this bug will be fixed in the next, or one of the next few live updates. in a thread on the account issue board.

FINALLY AN ANSWER.

mind linking the exact thread? Cant really find a thread there on this issue

Bugged World Bonuses

Sligh.2789

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/Refund-on-non-operational-game/first#post816056

I guess they thought I was threatening a lawsuit. Strange. They completely lost the importance and severity of the problem in the players eyes. I am still not convinced they understand the community feelings on this subject.
I guess we just wait, and hope they get it done soon, so that we can play on an even field

(edited by Sligh.2789)

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: Zolas.8957

Zolas.8957

I am disappointed that this is continuing for so long without being fixed. At the very least, this mechanic should be universally turned off until it is working for everyone. In previous situations, temporarily disabling content has been a good solution to reduce inequalities while a permanent fix was being worked on. After the fix is made, something should be awarded to the affected in order to make up for the fact that they leveled slower, crafted slower, accumulated less wealth, died more, ect…

I no longer play as much and I am looking for another game to replace this one. Up until finding out about this bug, I was recommending this game to others. Now, I advertise that this is a buggy, unbalanced game with out of touch developers who neglect the important issues.

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: psilosopher.5807

psilosopher.5807

I can’t wait to get back all of my bonuses. Makes the game a lot more fun and playing and winning WvW more worthwhile.

Beorn The Berserker
Level 80 Norn Warrior

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: Habib Loew.6239

Previous

Habib Loew.6239

Gameplay Programmer

Next

This bug (group of bugs really) has been found and fixed. The fix will be available in an upcoming patch.

ArenaNet Gameplay Programmer

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: Lempo.8361

Lempo.8361

Awesome. Thanks for taking the time to post here!

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: Feelm.1938

Feelm.1938

This bug (group of bugs really) has been found and fixed. The fix will be available in an upcoming patch.

Hallelujah! Thank you for the fix! It’ll be nice to actually mine a node more than three times

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: Siliconhobbit.4361

Siliconhobbit.4361

Just out of curiosity since this bug took so long to find and fix, what was causing the bug to begin with? I’m not looking for any highly technical reason, just being curious in general.

Bugged World Bonuses

Loridian.2410

And compensation for all of us affected since day one?

Bugged World Bonuses

Cyrus.8261

Great news! I’ve been holding off on leveling crafts hoping for this.

And compensation for all of us affected since day one?

How would you determine a fair compensation? It would be an insane amount of work to try to figure out from logs who should’ve had which bonus. Picking a few stats like hours played or current gold stash will end up being unfair to some. And all of that is assuming that they can even see who was affected and when, which is in no way certain.

It’s quite a different situation from the compensation with the DC at the end of the Ancient Karka event, which has clear data in very recent logs. Even then, they’re already working for days to figure out how to fairly determine who gets what.

Aside from the practical matter, giving out compensation for bugs sets a bad precedent, leading to increased demands for compensation. Think “You nerfed my thief after I got a legendary yesterday! I want a new legendary for my Warrior.”

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: Otaur.9268

Otaur.9268

Wow…. So since Beta I have been playing without the buffs that others have? No wonder why everyone said it was easy to get gear / materials / gold / etc… And I have been having a tough time. Lol

Whats the easiest way to tell besides watching for WvW reset.

Blackfang’s Demon Alliance [BfDA]

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: Shazirah.8350

Shazirah.8350

I’ve been on Crystal Desert since launch and I’ve never received these bonuses. That’s severely disappointing; I thought it was bugged for everyone.

(Maestro at) Not Another Gaming Acronym [NAGA]:
Resident Keg Brawl Premier League Champions
… with some WvW breaks here and there.

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

Tbh this kinda of fix should have it’s OWN patch and not have to wait for a planned patch to be implemented.

I just found out about this last night and thought…nah no way I played 989 hours w/o all this, maxed 15 crafting professions w/o all this, farmed relentlessly w/o all this, competed against players who had all this….w/o all this, but sure enough I had this issue. Gotta be honest here…this kinda pisses me off.

How many other people do not know they have been effected by this?
How many people have been effected by this?
Why hasn’t this thread been stickied?

Serenity now~Insanity later

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: Celeras.4980

Celeras.4980

Glad to hear this has been fixed! Bring on that patch.

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: MAUL.6178

MAUL.6178

3 months after release , core A bug sill not fixed. Good job :)

Bugged World Bonuses

psilosopher.5807

Let’s have that patch then. If it’s already fixed roll out a small build nobody would mind!

Beorn The Berserker
Level 80 Norn Warrior

Bugged World Bonuses

Essence Snow.3194

So the holiday is done with and fix is ready. Could we get this patched in sometime soon please?

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: Habib Loew.6239

Previous

Habib Loew.6239

Gameplay Programmer

Next

Just out of curiosity since this bug took so long to find and fix, what was causing the bug to begin with? I’m not looking for any highly technical reason, just being curious in general.

The fixes are related to translating time from one format to another under a very specific set of circumstances and to the parts of the system that are supposed to recover if something goes wrong when translating time from one format to another. It’s a bit like having your breaks and airbags fail at the same time. Either one is bad, but both together… ouch.

I don’t believe we’ve announced our next patch date so I can’t be any more specific than saying that it’s in an upcoming patch. Sorry to be so vague, but rules are rules. It should be coming fairly soon though.

ArenaNet Gameplay Programmer

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: Rake.7169

Rake.7169

at least some sort of positive news.
so what’s the compensation for all the time being -to a certain degree – debuffed/not getting the extra loot/gatherings…

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: ColdSnowden.6071

ColdSnowden.6071

I have been on the server Crystal desert since the start of GW2 and I realized I do not get any WvW server bonuses. They do not show up when I mouse over WvW in the top left, nor does my health change as a results of the robust bonus. Just wanted to make it known that I am another that has this problem.

Bugged World Bonuses

Loridian.2410

So to clarify this a bit-
It is intentional that if you switch to a new home server, you will temporarily stop receiving the WvW server bonuses. As for duration, it’s disabled for the rest of the week long match, and I believe for the duration of the next matchup as well. This restriction exists to discourage players from switching servers. That said, if you’ve never switched servers, and your server is far enough along in the matchup to have a bonus, and you still aren’t getting the bonus, let me know.

Never Transferred, Never have had bonus. Not from day one that I can remember. I watch my Hitpoints very close. and they never increase unless by nourishment buff or changing of gear stat.

Really honestly feels like I have been playing handicapped since launch. In all aspects of the game.

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: Siliconhobbit.4361

Siliconhobbit.4361

The fixes are related to translating time from one format to another under a very specific set of circumstances and to the parts of the system that are supposed to recover if something goes wrong when translating time from one format to another. It’s a bit like having your breaks and airbags fail at the same time. Either one is bad, but both together… ouch.

I don’t believe we’ve announced our next patch date so I can’t be any more specific than saying that it’s in an upcoming patch. Sorry to be so vague, but rules are rules. It should be coming fairly soon though.

Thank you very much for the response. I never expected one so it was nice to see you swing and and take your time to answer. I appreciate it and look forward to the upcoming fix

Bugged World Bonuses

psilosopher.5807

I don’t mean to pry, but I’m kind of curious about this. 8 days ago you said you had identified and fixed this bug. I was under the assumption that you guys could roll out small builds for specific fixes, and you have done this for several bug fixes in the past. Why does this bug fix that affects so many people negatively get put on the waiting list to be bunched in with a larger patch, weeks after it has already been fixed? What are the advantages of having this bug fix be part of a larger patch (I’m assuming it will be the December 14th Wintersday patch) over rolling out a small build and have people see the positive effects of this bug fix right away?

Beorn The Berserker
Level 80 Norn Warrior

Bugged World Bonuses

Essence Snow.3194

I don’t mean to pry, but I’m kind of curious about this. 8 days ago you said you had identified and fixed this bug. I was under the assumption that you guys could roll out small builds for specific fixes, and you have done this for several bug fixes in the past. Why does this bug fix that affects so many people negatively get put on the waiting list to be bunched in with a larger patch, weeks after it has already been fixed? What are the advantages of having this bug fix be part of a larger patch (I’m assuming it will be the December 14th Wintersday patch) over rolling out a small build and have people see the positive effects of this bug fix right away?

^ This……since I’ve found about this bug I’ve been inquiring to other players in game about if they had it or not. There are a surprising number of players that have it….roughly about 1/8 of the ppl I asked. Thing is not one of them knew about it. So I know assuming makes an kitten out of u and me, but I’m gonna side with logic here and say that this bug effects a lot of ppl and is simply put on the back burner b/c many simply don’t know about it. Tbh it’s probably a good thing they don’t know about it….it’s rather upsetting to find out you’ve been playing since launch with less health, less defense, less crafting crit success chance, less healing, less endurance, less exp, less coin per kill, and less chance at additional gathering than the majority of players.
It really doesn’t make any sense seeing that the fix is ready, that it cannot be implemented., much less being secretive about it.

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: Esturk.2183

Esturk.2183

I just made a topic about this. Good to see it’s not just me.

Although, it’s sad that I probably have a lot less mats and skill points because of this.

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: glock.2089

glock.2089

As of tonight I am getting the bonuses finally. As one of the players that hasn’t had them since launch and not server hopping, I believe it might finally be fixed.

Thanks Anet.

Bugged World Bonuses

Cyrus.8261

As of tonight I am getting the bonuses finally. As one of the players that hasn’t had them since launch and not server hopping, I believe it might finally be fixed.

Thanks Anet.

Are you getting more health now in LA compared to LA overflow? I’m asking because I’m not totally clear on where the HP bonus should take effect, in PvE or only WvWvW.

For me, it’s still the same everywhere, overflow or not.

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: Feelm.1938

Feelm.1938

Thanks Anet.

Happy to hear it’s working for you, however it’s still bugged for me. No bonuses listed on the WvW tool-tip and still lacking any evidence of them in gameplay.

Bugged World Bonuses

Posted by: Shikigami.4013

Shikigami.4013

It is a bit late, as the bug supposedly is already found, but I just found out today that I am also affected by this bug, and have been since I started the game 1 week after release. I have NEVER had any regular material node let me gather a second time from it, and I am not getting the HP increase either.

Currently I should be getting a 3% bonus on my HP – but I do not.
The base HP for rangers at level 80 is 15.082. I get an additional 500 HP from my 5 trait points in nature magic, bringing me to a total HP of 15.582. The world bonus is not applied (and this was in a capital city of my own server, not on an overflow server)

Youtube “L2villagejester”.
People using belittling wording like whining/qqing" are not taken seriously by me
Same for people posting only to tell others not to post (“deal with it”-posts)