Bugs from 16th Patch [Compiled]

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

I get to the char screen… hit play, the load screen comes up and runs for a second, then suddenly I see my desktop and the screen is flashing.. I can still hear the load screen music in the background, But the comp is frozen and all I can do is shut it down. I have tried 4 times,.. I even tried switching chars to see if it was a problem loading in the pvp zone.. but same thing happened. Help!!

Apparently, they decided to end support of Windows XP without telling anyone. Game will not start now. I get music, but the actual window/screen won’t pop up, instead I get a flickering fullscreen window that won’t go away unless I shut off my computer.

My game is unplayable after latest update. I’ve tried everything, including uninstalling the game and downloading the client again. Game tries to start, then only a blue, blinking bar with GuildWars2 showing at the top, upper left.

The game is unplayable after the latest update. Game tries to load then locks up the screen with only a blue, blinking bar at the top with GuildWars2 on the left side. I’ve tried rebooting, turning off virus protection; nothing works. Even tried uninstalling the game, and downloading the client from the website to reinstall. Still not playable.

I had to delete the sweetfx stuff to even get past the client. Now when i click on play at character selection, the games loads for a bit, and starts flashing between the desk and black screen. I have to reboot. This almost broke my pc, my monitor stayed black at startup. :S

Having the same issue on my son’s XP machine. Apparently this might help.

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServer™, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief

Posted by: codemite.6928

codemite.6928

Guild chat seems to fix itself when you set your status in the contacts panel[Y] to invisible, then to online. It needs to be reapplied on character change, but not on game restart.

Posted by: Jozeiax.8465

Jozeiax.8465

yes, ive noticed more shininess, but not to that extreme (yet)

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Account bound items are no locker stackable when breaking the stack.
I’m going to bump this thread because it’s just way too many bugs.

Posted by: HeroOfTimeKen.5246

HeroOfTimeKen.5246

The bugs that I have noticed is my character saying different race’s lines, like Charr and Asura, even though he is a human.

The second bug which has been reported is when I made a new character today
(Bought a character slot with gold, and made a character slot for a name placeholder for my future Revenant) I came out of the tutorial area and had more hall of monument points, and the God Walking Amongst Mere Mortals title. I had 38 points, and I had only had 31 before, and I never had the GWAMM title in the past. (Like stated above I hope I don’t get banned as this was all unintentional)

Posted by: Aro.8275

Aro.8275

Radiant armor is no longer affected by Poly-luminescent Undulating Refractor.

Previously the color shift would affect the radiant glowyness. Now the armor stays as its default. Not sure if this is a bug or intended feature change.

Posted by: Tetraethyl.2738

Tetraethyl.2738

Edited again: I’m reposting what I had here now that I’m pretty sure it’s not something I could get in trouble for ( ahurr I’m gullible and played it safe )

Not sure if anyone else has found this ( I haven’t gone through all these pages yet ) but the table in Caithe’s house is also messed up, and gives an equally messed up item.
Seems like a bunch of code has screwed up big time everywhere.

See attachments

Attachments:

http://tetraethyl.deviantart.com/
I dabble in the drawing business, a bit.

(edited by Tetraethyl.2738)

Posted by: crystalpink.2487

crystalpink.2487

Guild panel is messed up.

The guild I’m repping is not placed on the top one.
Usually, it will automatically place the guild I’m repping on the top.

Example before patch:
Guild A (The one I’m repping)
Guild B
Guild C
Guild D

Example after patch:
Guild B
Guild A (The one I’m repping)
Guild C
Guild D

However, there is a twist.
Occasionally, the list will magically rearrange back to the correct order as the one prior to today’s patch, BUT all of sudden the guild chats from all the guilds I’m not repping start showing up as if I’m repping all the guilds at the same time.

I tried to log off, and now the list is back to the incorrect order.
Oh well, at least, I don’t see all guild mixed-up chats showing up on my chat because that was very spammy.

Euphemia Hime (Elementalist), Pinky Pearl (Mesmer), Avicenia (Ranger), Vanille Morgana (Necromancer)
Chibi Asura San (Engineer), Hikaru Masai (Guardian), Selene Minerva (Revenant)
Guild: The Bunnies [Bun] ~ Server: Jade Quarry

Posted by: Wenblath.6894

Wenblath.6894

Job-o-tron backpack is silent. I can’t live without it. ;<

Posted by: spittikitti.2083

spittikitti.2083

i can confirm these two:
Random voice clips playing (human voices usually), Guild Chat doesn’t work for 1/2 the guilds.
I’m consistently having issues with those.

Posted by: benander.2968

benander.2968

I’m experiencing *bold*force closes/client crashes, whenever I leave a party*bold*.
Occurs since 16th patch.
Already sent a report out of the (report app crash) window.

It’s annoying but not terrible.

Oh and the guild chat is fixed for me. I had to turn my state to Offline/Invisible in the Friends window, and then turn online again. Now it works fine again. Dunno whether this was already mentioned, but hey. already posted a little bit up

Posted by: Heather.4823

Heather.4823

I hear the random shouts all the time and guild chat doesn’t work for me even after trying the offline status thing.

Siren – Aurora Glade

Posted by: Nakomis.4617

Nakomis.4617

I already made a thread concerning this issue but I thought I might make a post here about it as well.

Necromancer’s Fear effects (I have not tested on other classes), and environmental bundles (such as Skulls in the Silverwastes) do no longer cause an interrupt effect on creatures (and players), the ‘Interrupted’ notice is entirely missing when using them, this is highly noticeable when wearing 6 Superior Runes of Perplexity (the Confusion proc does not apply after successfully interrupting).

Posted by: Krag.6210

Krag.6210

You can’t stack Tomes of Knowledge acquired in pvp with the ones from pre-patch.

Posted by: krixis.9538

krixis.9538

title says it all post any bugs you have come across ingame.

1. FPS drops in dungeons causing crippling stuttering and loss of all sound, and the game does not close when you tell it to.

2. random voice over shouting from all races play randomly, even if its not the race you play. sometimes they over lap each other. still trying to find out how to replicate it and film it.

3. green bubble text when typing in any chat (party guild say)

4. unable to chat in guild. – set status to offline then back to online solves this (resets on logout)

5. graphics options removed causing players to be unable to reduce settings to pre patch. example post processing is now low – high and no more medium

6. sound options for sound stability is removed.

7. undocumented in patch notes. all down scaled players in low lvl zones / dungeons have had a large stat nerf (not sure if intended or unintended but pointing it out)

8. reports from a lot of ppl that the games UI is causing FPS drops ranging from 10-25 fps loss

9. new camera shake is causing motion sickness / dizyness for a lot of players. along with FoV slider contributing to it.

10. crippling lag in wvw and de-sync issues (invisible players, dying from nothing).

im sure I have missed some. please feel free to add to this so that all bugs are made aware and can be fixed asap

Desolation EU
Fractal lvl 80 – 126 AR

(edited by krixis.9538)

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

I think there’s a thread already doing this around here somewhere, but I can’t find it. :-o

The table is a fable.

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

I think I have seen a post like this before… But even so shouldn’t it be in the bugs section?

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

Posted by: krixis.9538

krixis.9538

a lot of ppl only seem to read the general forums. so seems like a good idea to post one here so its in plain view of everyone.

Desolation EU
Fractal lvl 80 – 126 AR

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

Found it, but to do so I had to go deeeeep (like page 7 or 8 of General Discussion) to find another (locked) bug thread with the following link within:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Bugs-from-16th-Patch

The table is a fable.

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

You forgot the crippling lag in wvw and desync issues (invisible players, dying from nothing).

Also, the new camera mode is allowed in wvw. Fairly sure thats a bug.

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

Not sure if anyone else has found this ( I haven’t gone through all these pages yet ) but the table in Caithe’s house is also messed up, and gives an equally messed up item.
Seems like a bunch of code has screwed up big time everywhere.

Shush >.> <.< Don’t tell anyone you found something there… :P See https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/HoT-stuff-showing-up-in-current-patch

Posted by: DeadSurvivor.6157

DeadSurvivor.6157

Foefaller.1082
Apparently, they decided to end support of Windows XP without telling anyone. Game will not start now. I get music, but the actual window/screen won’t pop up, instead I get a flickering fullscreen window that won’t go away unless I shut off my computer.

This is the same situation I’ve had all day. Being a weekday, I thought this issue would be resolved soon but now wonder when this issue will be fixed. (Running WinXP)

Guild Wars 2 News & Links
Guilds: [AoL]
( Swindle Rogue )

(edited by DeadSurvivor.6157)

Posted by: McMuffin.3574

McMuffin.3574

Terrible game crashes after patch.

So this patch is completely useless but adding more bugs and crashes.

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

I have seen another one not mentioned here yet: the health bar in the Party UI doesn’t show up when you first join a party, it occasionally shows up after a while but a bit messed (it’s tinier and with a different shade of green).

Posted by: nightwulf.1986

nightwulf.1986

You forgot the crippling lag in wvw and desync issues (invisible players, dying from nothing).

Also, the new camera mode is allowed in wvw. Fairly sure thats a bug.

As for the camera in wvw, the devs when previewing the camera feature on a stream made a point that adding the camera features to wvw was leveling the playing field for something that other players were doing already. So, I’m pretty sure that’s a feature.

Posted by: Snow.2048

Snow.2048

They keep moving these to the bug section

Here’s a few you missed

Bug reports bugged
Guild workshop bugged
HoM portal Bugged
HoM achievements bugged
Multiple textures bugged
Item stacking bugged
Pvp reward tracks bugged
Vendors bugged (karma, dungeon, etc)
Ranger’s pet passive mode is no longer functional

There are even more, most people give up actually complying a list in one post

(edited by Snow.2048)

Posted by: Brat.4315

Brat.4315

Voices are still carrying across maps in the borderlands.

The guild chat erases itself when you tab to another chat.

In the upgrade panel it is showing only 1 upgrade going at a time instead of the normal two.

The report a bug panel is still showing random numbers in the drop down menu.

Posted by: rozer.8042

rozer.8042

i got this color on pants and i cant remove for my armour color :

Attachments:

Posted by: zaw.6741

zaw.6741

high framerate drop with ui turned on
details here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/support/interface-eating-7-fps/first#post4888078
many more players noticing same issues

Posted by: JuneBug.5972

JuneBug.5972

my LOADING screen .__________.

on a 17" monitor

this is what greets me everytime #sad

second screen shot I posted my settings

edit: I did not know my Asura is an omniglot, she has been shouting random skills from Human Warrior and Guardian, Charr Guardian, Asura Warrior, Sylvari Mesmer.

She has also been irritatingly stubborn and throwing a tantrum by stating that she needs help and being in down state when she isnt. Also in many different accents, male and female voices.

Sometimes it creeps me out. Anet, PLEASE dont make me spank her.

Attachments:

(edited by JuneBug.5972)

Posted by: Vivianne.2506

Vivianne.2506

So necro death shroud is no longer kicking in at the end of normal health bar. Also time in death shroud seems to be decreased considerably. Also minion aggro seems to be increased considerably. Or perhaps its aggro overall — kind of hard to tell when you are surrounded by minions pretty much constantly since I have a necro minion build.

Posted by: Vivianne.2506

Vivianne.2506

Also getting the random voice as has been reported previously by many others.

Posted by: santialonso.3125

santialonso.3125

Drop fps issue appear to be related with the UI. If you hide the UI, fps return back normal.

Posted by: Oreithyia.3064

Oreithyia.3064

the client crashed several times yesterday in the evening. It can’t be my Internet connection (checked it) and I hadn’t a problem with this before the patch.
When I could log in again, the boss was dead and I didn’t get any loot or EP. Not nice. :I

Posted by: aussieheals.6843

aussieheals.6843

When you change the vertical height of your camera it actually lifts the image on your loading screens too lol

IGN: Aussie Archer

Posted by: aussieheals.6843

aussieheals.6843

Raising camera vertical height lifts the loading screen images too.

IGN: Aussie Archer

Posted by: Nalora.7964

Nalora.7964

A lot of the chosen at character creation colors are either missing (reset to “dye removal” colors) or wrong. Specifically, hair ribbon colors, and colors on Sylvari glows.

DEMAND Bunny Slippers and a bathrobe!

Posted by: Del.4309

Del.4309

So they still didnt give us any updates of how they are getting along?

Posted by: JuneBug.5972

JuneBug.5972

Raising camera vertical height lifts the loading screen images too.

I lowered my camera vertical height and theres no difference

Posted by: feng.2043

feng.2043

Guild’s Queue Update is reducted from 2 to 1 even if you have unlock the upgrade

Posted by: DSavant.9105

DSavant.9105

when using the hall of monuments stone, it crashes the client.

Posted by: Aizo Hellsia.1560

Aizo Hellsia.1560

BLACK LION TRADING POST BUG after March 16th Game Patch. :’(

Can’t buy or sell any stuff which pretty much kills the game itself.

I’m starting to cry at this, can’t fix it with the thing about allowing a file or the whole folder of gw2.exe at firewall or anti-virus. The heck I can’t even download and install a new GW2 game client, always hanging up after clicking allowing to install.

Please fix it as soon as possible with regards to this bug, or please let me know if there are any proven solutions to this bug. thank you very much.

Attachments:

Posted by: Diablo.3416

Diablo.3416

screen occasionally flashing

sweetfx & gemfx don’t work anymore (fortunately radeonpro with SMAA, ambient occlusion & AF still works

ReShade+SweetFX

ASRock H77M – Intel i5-3470 – G.Skill 8GB 1600MHz – HiS Radeon HD 7850 2GB

Posted by: Jesar.9568

Jesar.9568

Fps drop from 60 to 15.

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Really annoying sound bug – seems to play soundbites from class skills (or downed soundbites) at full volume when in pve zones – I’ve only been casually running around queensdale/kessex hills/gendarran fields doing some personal story and it’s incredibly annoying.

I don’t know if it is from other characters in the zone using those skills at the same time because I don’t see them, but things like full volume “for great justice” or “anyone help” when there’s no one in sight.

Posted by: Fikfain.5849

Fikfain.5849

A friend bought the game during the Pax East sale and the gw2setup.exe installer is crashing (blue spinning circle, eventually complains that program is not responding and has to be killed). There are some instructions circulating about renaming it gw2.exe and having it run correctly. This appears to have started occuring with this patch (something to do with the streaming client changes?).

Fikbomber — Big Red and White Charr Engineer
Fikfain — Little Purple Sylvari Mesmer
Ascension [WAR] of Borlis Pass

Posted by: ReaverKane.7598

ReaverKane.7598

What i noticed yesterday:
- (less known) Gift of explorations earned after patch don’t stack with ones earned before. Having both on inventory will cause issues when “Compacting”, including my older 4 gifts disappearing before i compacted again. This seems to have revived a very old bug where you have a “phantom” slot – a slot that can’t be filled but shows empty.

- Green text on /say and /party
- Your character will say random dialog (other race’s, even jokes from that joke golem in Rata sum)
- Bit less FPS, camera feels weird, but might just be need to adjust to the new changes (although the fps drop is real).
- Need to go “invisible” and back to “online” to chat with guild.
- Categories on the bug report form ingame are all messed up showing only numeric codes

(edited by ReaverKane.7598)

Posted by: John.8507

John.8507

No word from ArenaNet about any of the Bugs! Hopefully someone replies here on the forums. as we have only had one minor fix so far

Posted by: Swishee.2174

Swishee.2174

Still having problem on my FPS drop. I usually play at 20-25FPS, but now i have 2-4FPS. I should be enjoying the new camera update, but sadly i can’t with that 2-4FPS. Choppy screen when i move and run, i just want my FPS back. Would be nice if there’s an option to disable the new Camera beta option, just to get back my FPS.

Posted by: Shadow.3671

Shadow.3671

The sound bugs are really becoming distracting. Disembodied shouts with no one there. The lag and disconnects are bad enough but the sound can’t really be ignored. Don’t you people at Anet test this stuff before you unleash it on unsuspecting players.