Bugs from 16th Patch [Compiled]

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: John.8507

John.8507

Is it safe to make a new character or are the achievement points still being given out?

Posted by: Aro.8275

Aro.8275

Welp. Poly + Radiant seems like it’s an off and on bug. No idea what is causing it, attached is a screenshot from a guild mission run with it working compared to it not working right now.

Attachments:

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

In case people didn’t see it:

Bug Fixes:

• Updated condition damage. Previously, a condition that had a fractional remainder of time after it dealt damage would not inflict the rest of its damage. For example, a 1.5-second burn would deal 1 second of burning damage, then fail to inflict the remaining 0.5 seconds of burning. Conditions will now deal this fractional damage either at the beginning or end of their duration, depending on when the next damage pulse would occur and their remaining duration.

I think conditions are still broken. Etc burns from my guard are ticking inconsistently at times still. Would be helpful if someone can post kitten of this happening cause I didn’t ss at that point ><

By the sounds of it, they changed how conditions work at the end of their timers now, so its a mechanical thing, not part of the bug…maybe :/

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

Posted by: Reiiama.6198

Reiiama.6198

I’m still getting weird audio problems on my human Necro. When an enemy deals damage to him, he goes ‘Well, that had to hurt!’ or ’There’s something to remember me by!’ and when he afflicts conditions on enemies (or kills them, not sure), he makes sounds as if he’s in pain.

(edited by Reiiama.6198)

Posted by: agmmagm.6295

agmmagm.6295

bloodtide coast skill point bug cannons hit invis wall and also i saw it today in fractal where players turns to asura security room lazers has the same mistake.

Posted by: Heavan.7508

Heavan.7508

PLZ FIX THE BLOODTIDE COAST SKILL POINT IT’S VERY ANOYING

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

Here’s one you all missed:

Since patch you sometimes have to enter an emote twice to get it to animate.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

Posted by: Vegeta.2563

Vegeta.2563

YES PLEASE FIX IT.. I WANT MY MAP COMPLETION!!!!!!!!!!!

This Guild Is Fire [PRUF]

Posted by: Nuvat.6431

Nuvat.6431

I’ve started running into this weird problem ever since the latest update. It doesn’t happen every time, but it happens enough that it’s starting to really annoy me.

Whenever I WP or go through an Asura Gate, my camera gets stuck at the WP/Asura Gate, but my character is clearly moving. I can see the little character tab on the mini map MOVING, but my camera is stuck, and it’s not stuck for a second. Sometimes, it gets stuck for maybe 10 seconds, if I’m lucky, but most of the time it gets stuck for 20-30 seconds.

I attached a picture where you can see the WP I’m at, but in the mini map my character is far from the WP.

Attachments:

Posted by: jordanwk.4317

jordanwk.4317

Leaving a party crashes the game, atleast that’s what i have

Posted by: BlackEros.9780

BlackEros.9780

OMG… I am SOOOOOOOO tired of the crashes. Seriously. It was bad before and so I (foolishly) decided I would try reinstalling the entire game in case it was due to some messed up file in downloading the update… yeah, BIG mistake.

Now, not only am I still getting the crash, I am getting it each and EVERY single time I leave a party which I did not previously have… so, yeah, now it is worse than ever !

We better get some free stuff (items, gold, gems) when they fix this… and no cheap lil consumable… like a 10 pack of BL keys at least…..

Jade QuarrySammie Strongheart (80 war) and Dontaine (4 nec)

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

Yelling isn’t going to help fixing it. They are aware and are working on it. Things doesn’t get fixed with a snap of fingers. Annoying, I know, but let’s be patient and things will get sorted.

shadow.6174

To OP:

• Report a bug is messed up
  • Sylvari glowing bug

As far as I know, bug report has been fixed (and reordered, with new categories). About sylvari glowing bug, I haven’t noted issues with it on past days, my sylvari was looking normal. Maybe that one also got fixed.

Posted by: CalamityO.2890

CalamityO.2890

Now, not only am I still getting the crash, I am getting it each and EVERY single time I leave a party which I did not previously have… so, yeah, now it is worse than ever !

Same here, got the crashes after the patch.

inthecubbyhole.wordpress.com

Posted by: UnknownFreak.2805

UnknownFreak.2805

So I’ve done a bit of testing

This is the result (only tested with a 2 man party)

• Leaving a party when joining is not a problem. (in the same map)
  • Leaving a party when you have been in a instance -> Crash
  • If crashed when leaving a party, (ANY person leaving in your next party will get you crashed, while that player is not crashed)
  • It will keep happening until you set offline status /online status
  • It will happen AGAIN if you leave a new party (after being inside a instance)(if you used the hot-fix of swapping offline/online)
  • It will happen if you kick someone. (and the party disbands)
  • It will NOT happen if you swap offline before leaving a party after completing a instance.
  • It MAY NOT happen if you have been idle in the map for x min (to be confirmed)

The party crash bug have something to do with pure virtual function being called (See error below), the issue seems to be instance related.

—> Crash <—
Assertion: A pure virtual function is called.
File: ..\..\..\Core\Platform\Windows\Common\WinErrorHandler.cpp(93)
App: Gw2.exe
Pid: 12240
Cmdline: -log -maploadinfo -autologin -StreamingClient
BaseAddr: 013E0000
ProgramId: 101
Build: 46623
When: 2015-03-23T23:04:51Z 2015-03-24T00:04:51+01:00
Uptime: 0 days 2:06:56
Flags: 0

Edit: will do some more testing when I have time. (with bigger party size)

How to crashreport…
Someone say game crash must be related to OOM
when you read the log it’s not related to that whatsoever…

(edited by UnknownFreak.2805)

Posted by: Aemnas.8903

Aemnas.8903

+Guild Chat Online/Invisible/Online bug

Posted by: MorbidityPhoenix.1482

MorbidityPhoenix.1482

To OP:

• Report a bug is messed up
  • Sylvari glowing bug

As far as I know, bug report has been fixed (and reordered, with new categories). About sylvari glowing bug, I haven’t noted issues with it on past days, my sylvari was looking normal. Maybe that one also got fixed.

So far my sylvari chara’s are still missing glow. I have noticed that sylvari plant type racial clothing still has glow, but not the sylvari themselves.

Example: my sylvari ranger has glowing parts in her hair, but they aren’t showing, the sylvari vendor at twinspur haven in wayfarer foothills doesn’t seem to have glow coming from her body, but her clothing is sylvari plant racial with glow, and that works.

So no patch download today?

shadow.6174

I have a char who has glowing parts in hair and I could see them glow very clearly. No idea what’s the issue then.

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

It should be fixed now and I agree with Shadow, yelling helps no one.

Posted by: walbalooshi.9084

walbalooshi.9084

Just wanted to confirm that the Bloodtide Coast Skill point has been fixed, so it can be crossed out in the list.

Posted by: Devilsown.9376

Devilsown.9376

Game crashes often while intense / fast Trading-Post use.

Posted by: Swishee.2174

Swishee.2174

Yey after 1week of 2-4FPS finally my 18-20FPS is back!

Thank you so much Anet staff for fixing it even it took 1 week.
Time for me to do dailies, fotm, dungeons, and more ~

Thanks for this bug fixes today 3/24/2015 by RubiBayer.

Bug Fixes:

Fixed client crashes.
Fixed a performance issue with rendering the UI.
Fixed an issue that prevented cannons at Stormbluff Beacon from firing past the wall.

Posted by: aikatara.3462

aikatara.3462

I discovered two strange bugs on my Guardian (lv 80) and my Ranger (lv 80): On the Guardian the utility skill placed on slot 5 (number 5 – elite skill) keeps reactivating automatically all the time. In case of the ranger the skill placed on number 2 (Utility Skill tier 2) keeps reactivating automatically. Due to that both characters are in comabt mode all the time and since the skills reactivate themselves immediately after the cooldown is finished, is it really hard to change the skills on this slots, since you have a time window of 1 second for the change before the skills reactivate themselves. In both cases it doesn’t matter which utility skill I place on the affected slot. They just keep reactivating. It is pretty annoying.

I also can confirm the “sylvari not glowing-bug” – my sylvari character is not glowing, only the cultural armor as well as the luminecent armor part is.

(edited by aikatara.3462)

Posted by: Girion.5483

Girion.5483

I don’t know if it’s because of the patch or it never worked, but the Ranger’s trait Concentration Training doesn’t work either. It was supposed to give an additional 50% boon duration to boons granted by pets, but nothing happens.[…]

Like other buff traits of this kind, they only function while in combat.
That’s intended behavior.

Zietlogik.6208

I’ve started running into this weird problem ever since the latest update. It doesn’t happen every time, but it happens enough that it’s starting to really annoy me.

Whenever I WP or go through an Asura Gate, my camera gets stuck at the WP/Asura Gate, but my character is clearly moving. I can see the little character tab on the mini map MOVING, but my camera is stuck, and it’s not stuck for a second. Sometimes, it gets stuck for maybe 10 seconds, if I’m lucky, but most of the time it gets stuck for 20-30 seconds.

I attached a picture where you can see the WP I’m at, but in the mini map my character is far from the WP.

You are the only person so far, from what I’ve seen to have this, or at least report it….but that it a strange one, the camera doesn’t even move on the minimap either which is strange.

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

Posted by: dagrdagaz.4913

dagrdagaz.4913

I discovered two strange bugs on my Guardian (lv 80) and my Ranger (lv 80): On the Guardian the utility skill placed on slot 5 (number 5 – elite skill) keeps reactivating automatically all the time. In case of the ranger the skill placed on number 2 (Utility Skill tier 2) keeps reactivating automatically. Due to that both characters are in comabt mode all the time and since the skills reactivate themselves immediately after the cooldown is finished, is it really hard to change the skills on this slots, since you have a time window of 1 second for the change before the skills reactivate themselves. In both cases it doesn’t matter which utility skill I place on the affected slot. They just keep reactivating. It is pretty annoying.

I also can confirm the “sylvari not glowing-bug” – my sylvari character is not glowing, only the cultural armor as well as the luminecent armor part is.

The first thing that must be asked is, if u checked if these 2 skill are set to Auto-attack ?!
Can be recognized by the arrows in the edge of the skill icon.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Auto-attack

Posted by: Seth Drake.2418

Seth Drake.2418

Hi I don’t know if this has been mentioned earlier or not the animation textures on the triple trouble wurms are still not fixed amber wurm goes blue when its eating the zerg part, his breathing the wave effect and the drool are still grey texture-less mess.

Also the living story notes in the story journal, hero panel doesn’t update until the episode that is being done is completed. In living story episode 5 hidden arcana the distorted facet of darkness leap attack red aoe marker is facing behind him.

Attachments:

Posted by: Soulcaster.2386

Soulcaster.2386

This doesn’t often but it is starting to get annoying. Sometimes whenever you reload into the game you get re positioned to the map’s entrance or to Lions Arch for some odd reason.

Posted by: Maxwell.7843

Maxwell.7843

I think my charr Warrior just said “Lyssa confound you!”

I can’t be 100% certain since there might have been a human nearby… I thought it had been fixed, anyone else noticing anything…?

Zietlogik.6208

I think my charr Warrior just said “Lyssa confound you!”

I can’t be 100% certain since there might have been a human nearby… I thought it had been fixed, anyone else noticing anything…?

I haven’t heard the voices in a bit, but I have heard ranger’s pet whistle from across the map a few times.

Posted by: One Punk Army.7401

One Punk Army.7401

Can we get refunds on job-o-tron items? We purchased those items for a particular function, and now the function has been removed. Legally, this is a valid reason to receive a refund.

Posted by: Vegeta.2563

Vegeta.2563

Is it just me or does 90% of the chat codes on the wiki not work at all? Take Dusk for example..
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dusk
I paste the code " [&AgEBcgAA] " in game and it shows up with nothing.. my message is completely blank.

This Guild Is Fire [PRUF]

Posted by: aikatara.3462

aikatara.3462

The first thing that must be asked is, if u checked if these 2 skill are set to Auto-attack ?!
Can be recognized by the arrows in the edge of the skill icon.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Auto-attack

They were not on auto-attack, but setting the affected skills on auto-attack and removing it afterwards solved the problem for some reason. I am a little bit confused but happy nonetheless. The annoying thing is gone and this is all that matters for the moment – thank you, dagrdagaz!

And my sylvari is glowing just fine – happydance!

Posted by: AegisRunestone.8672

AegisRunestone.8672

Are they going to fix the rest of the bugs? I’m getting concerned.

Posted by: timjames.7163

timjames.7163

Game won’t even launch after latest patch, tried repairing the file and re-downloading the DAT file (3 day download) still won’t work…

Posted by: Smartcat.2130

Smartcat.2130

Don’t know if anyone is still got buggy voices, but my Char mesmer keeps whistling for a ranger pet….
No other random voices, just a random whistle. It’s happened in wvw, eotm, cursed shores and several other maps. Never any rangers around when it happens either. It’s deffinately coming from my character.

define normal…

Zietlogik.6208

Just encountered the sound bug again, the one that removes all sound except the background ambient sounds, and crashes the game when trying to exit (hangs/stops responding)

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

whatever they did in patch, the immob bug that causes character to be stuck in the air is back
it affects jumps and any leaping skills combined with immob condition
can’t use spells, can’t do anything untill typing /dance or /sit or wait for immob to run out

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Zietlogik.6208

Turns out that walking into the Idea Incubation Lab in Rata Sum now insta-kills you.

Posted by: Ace.1573

Ace.1573

My game crashes every single time I leave a party since the last update.

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

New one that started in COF for my group! the Mesmer “Portal skill” Isnt allowing anyone to use it!

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

Are they going to fix the rest of the bugs? I’m getting concerned.

It’s looking less and less likely as each day passes.

In other news, pre-order HoT now!

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServerâ„¢, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief

Posted by: Timmeey.5082

Timmeey.5082

I’m not entirely sure this started with the patch from the 16th, since I haven’t been playing for a while and just noticed it. Also I couldn’t find it on either page of this threat, so the issue is: the guild chat doesn’t flash if there’s a new message (I got a “guild only” tab) but instead my “whisper only” tab flashes. The other chats all work properly (except the often mentioned green text colour).

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

When using an emote and zooming in and out the character view with the camera your character moves around. For example you can rotate while sleeping. Seems like a bug.

Posted by: melchapp.5917

melchapp.5917

I’m not sure if this was covered already but ever since The Patch it takes me a lot longer to load into zones. Any zone. Prior to The Patch I only had to wait a little longer for populated zones, like LA or DR, and most loads were instant. Now I wait and wait and wait and when I load objects take another 45-60 seconds to show up or my char will run away while leaving the camera at the waypoint…..

Posted by: Smartcat.2130

Smartcat.2130

I’m not entirely sure this started with the patch from the 16th, since I haven’t been playing for a while and just noticed it. Also I couldn’t find it on either page of this threat, so the issue is: the guild chat doesn’t flash if there’s a new message (I got a “guild only” tab) but instead my “whisper only” tab flashes. The other chats all work properly (except the often mentioned green text colour).

I have separate panels for chat too. I can confirm it hasn’t flashed whisper or guild in a LONG time.

define normal…

Posted by: Rentapest.6503

Rentapest.6503

This is a brilliant thread! It’s shocking to see just how many issues are still around and being ignored!

Please fix these things, especially the Ranger pet bug! That bug is so annoying right now it’s not even funny.

Posted by: FrouFrou.4958

FrouFrou.4958

While engineer jumps with a rifle, there’s a little glitchy twitch at the end of the animation.

Froudactyl // Herp Derp Druid // Judge Legends [JDGE] // Seafarer’s Rest

Posted by: Zaklex.6308

Zaklex.6308

This is a brilliant thread! It’s shocking to see just how many issues are still around and being ignored!

Please fix these things, especially the Ranger pet bug! That bug is so annoying right now it’s not even funny.

Half of the still showing unfixed list can be crossed off as fixed, the original poster probably isn’t updating it anymore…and a few of the things I’ve seen people post are just wrong(like saying the Camera settings still shows [Beta], it is still in [Beta] even though released to live).

Posted by: uru.7983

uru.7983

Fix win xp fullscreen please!!!!