Can't get the "Lost and Found" Objects

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Snowfaerie.1945

Snowfaerie.1945

When the Living Story achievement Lost and Found first came out, I found and returned the first two items from Diessa Plateau and Wayfarer Foothills. Now when I try to go back to get the next two objects from the Dirt-/Snow-Covered Object spawn places it simply tells me that I have already recovered and returned the object. I understand that the Sword and Compass should be in the same spawn places as Toy Soldier and Goblet, so I believe this to be a bug.

I’ve tried to pick the objects up on several different characters (all lvl 80, dunno if that matters) including the character I used to pick up the first two objects, but the message is still that I have already picked up the items.

Posted by: Doomguard.5094

Doomguard.5094

I’m pretty sure you found the wrong items, people that haven’t yet returned the first two items still need to be able to find all 4, hence why all 4 are spawning so keep looking further. All 4 items should appear as dirt/snow covered objects.

Posted by: dagrdagaz.4913

dagrdagaz.4913

I understand that the Sword and Compass should be in the same spawn places as Toy Soldier and Goblet, so I believe this to be a bug.

No, the second two items do not spawn at the same locations as the first two.
This topic may have more info where to find them;
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/events/Living-Story-Lost-and-Found-question/first#post1623341

Posted by: Snowfaerie.1945

Snowfaerie.1945

Ah, ok. Thank you! ^^

Posted by: fantasy.8395

fantasy.8395

I have look at all spots I have only found one spawn point and trust me I have searched every spot 5 times over many times overs….. and only found the one snow covered object spot that won’t let me loot

fantasy.8395

On some servers the second snow covered object is not spawning, I tested this shortly after posting and guesting on another server I found the second object and was finally able to get the compass.

Honestly they should really fix this bug…..

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

There are a lot of possible locations in which the objects could spawn. It’s quite possible that only some are listed on the wiki and/or at dulfy.net. Some can be difficult to find. If you really think you’ve discovered a bug, I recommend that you take a screen shot of the map, mark all the locations you’ve checked, and send that annotated map to Support so they can pass it on to the dev team.

It probably would have been less confusing if they had given slightly different names to the objects when they spawn with the different items, e.g. dirt-covered toy vs dirt-covered accessory.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

fantasy.8395

I do agree with you on the labeling, but after all the times I went to each location known over and over at lease by the wiki/dulfy I am mentally drained.

I have not the energy to go back again on my server to screenshot each place to show that there is only one place with a covered object.

Thankfully for me just guesting on another server allowed me to finally get my compass after a almost week of trying to find it, just trying to bring it up since I am know I am not the first to have this issue.

Posted by: cybermaohi.4310

cybermaohi.4310

When the Living Story achievement Lost and Found first came out, I found and returned the first two items from Diessa Plateau and Wayfarer Foothills. Now when I try to go back to get the next two objects from the Dirt-/Snow-Covered Object spawn places it simply tells me that I have already recovered and returned the object. I understand that the Sword and Compass should be in the same spawn places as Toy Soldier and Goblet, so I believe this to be a bug.

I’ve tried to pick the objects up on several different characters (all lvl 80, dunno if that matters) including the character I used to pick up the first two objects, but the message is still that I have already picked up the items.

is there a solution to this bug ???

I have the same problem … I found the dirt covered object but could not pick it up and someone could and even linked it to me …

so I’d like to know if this was solved OR there’s a solution

thanks

Posted by: CriminalMind.4379

CriminalMind.4379

Guest on another server to get it

Posted by: cybermaohi.4310

cybermaohi.4310

thanks a lot CriminalMind.4379 ^^
I server guest’ed and it worked just perfectly … I used this in the very first weeks to map Orr since lots SPs were bugged but it didn’t come to my mind for this =)

thanks again

Posted by: sarevok.1049

sarevok.1049

I have delivered all 6 items but one of them (goblet) didn’t raise my “retrieve item” quest counter… i have finished the quest except for this bug i ask a moderator to please help me….

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I don’t think there is a bug so much as there is a naming issue. Each zone has 3 quest items that need to be found, but the location has exactly the same in-game name: dirt-covered or snow-covered object — there is no way to tell if you are looking at covered object 1, 2, or 3.

The easiest work-around is to collect all three before leaving the zone, so there’s no confusion over where to look. However, that’s impractical for a variety of reasons.

As others have pointed out above, the second easiest work-around is to look on your server, and if you can’t find all three (or the third item), guest to another server or try on a different day.

There are a fixed number of locations, but you have to visit them all to be sure that you haven’t missed a possible drop. When you find a __-covered object, you only have a one chance in three that it’s the item you are seeking.

I hope that, next time, ANet uses a different naming system or a color code or something, so it’s easier to know what’s going on. (They also could have allowed you to get duplicate items, but only turn in one per account.)

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

Same problem at me. I’ve searched the FULL MAPS with holding button down and there is no more item. I’m missing last 3.

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

Posted by: TheReflexCZ.5367

TheReflexCZ.5367

Me either, in Diessa Plateau there was no problem, but Wayfarer Foothils are probably bugged.

Posted by: TechnoBlaze.6748

TechnoBlaze.6748

I have gotten all 3 Snow covered objects in Wayfarer Foothills but the Dirt covered ones in Diessa Plateau are not spawning for me. I have tried guesting on 4 different servers and watched every walk-through I could find and can still not find them. Is this bugged out?

(edited by TechnoBlaze.6748)

Posted by: orphanMosquito.5837

orphanMosquito.5837

Home is Ferguson Crossing and I have guested on BlackGate and Jade Quary and none have the lost and found items in Wayfare. WTF Anet!

Commander – Gentle Spider
FC [WZ] – Guardian|Warrior|Mesmer