Cannot Dye OoW-Armor [Merged]

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: PetboyJoshua.3108

PetboyJoshua.3108

It’s because this bug only affects male characters.

Posted by: PetboyJoshua.3108

PetboyJoshua.3108

Isn’t it because it isn’t the same bug as it was 3 month ago ?

Posted by: Eggers.5608

Eggers.5608

Hey guess what! This bug still hasn’t been fixed!!!!!!

This is a bug that takes away one of the dye options on the medium Order of Whisper leggings, and boot, which both had three dye options and now only have two. The result of this is that the part of the leggings and boots that had the third dye option on them now have become a bright red. I know that my armor has all been transmuted, and my character is a human male.

This isn’t the first time this bug has happened, and the last time it did it was fixed in a day. Updated content in two weeks is pointless if it is has buggy as the Sky Pirates update was, and I know most of the other bugs have been fix.

This should be a simple fix, and there is no reason why this bug is still in the game there are at least two post on it. One of which was merged in with a post about the same bug happening in March (which was done by one of Arena Nets monitors).

Fix this bug, and test you content update more for bugs. Two weeks for this is to long, and issues like this continue it will break the game for many of your players who will go else where.

Posted by: LtTiger.4568

LtTiger.4568

So this is a bug that only effects some people then? Cause my leggings and boots still have 3 options for color that work fine..

Posted by: Ryan.2197

Ryan.2197

I still have a big red areas all over my armor.. please fix for good this time >:(

Posted by: Girion.5483

Girion.5483

So this is a bug that only effects some people then? Cause my leggings and boots still have 3 options for color that work fine..

Kinda. It seems to affect all male armor versions of the Order of Whispers chest piece, leggings and boots. Since your character uses the female version of this armor set, you’re lucky that it doesn’t affect you.

Posted by: Steel Courage.1250

Steel Courage.1250

Well they got to fix this please pix it arena net

[MAD] Malicious And Dangerous-Maguma

Eggers.5608

A new day and a new update you a still haven’t fixed this, what the hell is the problem!

This a bug on the Order of Whisper medium armor (boots and leggings for me), that on a human male one of the dye options has been removed (there where three options now there are two) resulting in a bright red where that dye option was (my armor was transmuted, I don’t know about others). This has now been going on for over three weeks since the Sky Pirates update, and you (Arena Net) still have not fixed, or even given us anything to let us know you are working on the issue. What is the problem! A similar bug to this did happen before that effected all the races and sexes, and it was fixed in a day. Why the hell is this taking three weeks to fix, what the issue!! Fix this!!!!!!!!

Attachments:

Posted by: Yufon.1047

Yufon.1047

This bug is still present.
Please fix this.

Attachments:

Posted by: CaboSoul.1204

CaboSoul.1204

It would be nice if they at least reacted but noooooo they won’t do that. Well I’m not surprised seeing as how they never cared about armor anyway.

Posted by: OMNIBUS.2913

OMNIBUS.2913

Bumping this, plz fix anet. That bright red color is ugly =/

Posted by: Alecea.6831

Alecea.6831

This bug has been present on my main for several weeks now, and I am kind of disappointed it hasn’t been fixed yet (at least for the male humans.) Please fix it, ANet!

Attachments:

Posted by: Gaag.6538

Gaag.6538

how do u guys post pics? Im trying to post my pic but I dont know how to upload an image :C

Posted by: Gaag.6538

Gaag.6538

should point out that I have a second character wearing the OoW medium boots, a male Charr character, and its working just fine, 3 color options

(edited by Gaag.6538)

Eggers.5608

A new day and a new update you a still haven’t fixed this, what the hell is the problem!

This a bug on the Order of Whisper medium armor (boots and leggings for me), that on a human male one of the dye options has been removed (there where three options now there are two) resulting in a bright red where that dye option was (my armor was transmuted, I don’t know about others). This has now been going on for over three weeks since the Sky Pirates update, and you (Arena Net) still have not fixed, or even given us anything to let us know you are working on the issue. What is the problem! A similar bug to this did happen before that effected all the races and sexes, and it was fixed in a day. Why the hell is this taking three weeks to fix, what the issue!! Fix this!!!!!!!!

Posted by: vonbladewing.5973

vonbladewing.5973

Date: 7/17/2013
The OoW medium male armor 4th dye channel not fixed

Captain Commander of a Sky Edge Piracy

Posted by: Interittus.8129

Interittus.8129

oh it’s not only me. Plz fix

Eggers.5608

A new day and you a still haven’t fixed this, what the hell is the problem!

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

This is getting kind of ridiculous now guys! Time to fix it.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

Posted by: Yaro.4082

Yaro.4082

yea its time to fix it, were all waiting for too long >_<

Posted by: Cris Croix.2370

Cris Croix.2370

Ehh.. Okay.. So why does the first page of this thread have several female chars with this problem then..?

Because the thread has been merged with the previous bug from 3 months ago which affected both males and females.

The current iteration of the glitch is only effecting males. Check the post dates before making stupid comments in the future.

Posted by: Shadowborn.3529

Shadowborn.3529

To long for a minor bug that was fixed in one day when it happened before to not be fixed sooner. PLEASE FIX THIS. Correct these bugs before shipping out more content. Dont anger the OOW masses it will only make things worse!

Steel Courage.1250

Hey anet plz fix this i want to be a nice blue not red

Shadowborn.3529

Fix this please dev’s

(edited by Shadowborn.3529)

Posted by: Alecea.6831

Alecea.6831

Getting really tired of this, please just fix it already.

Posted by: Viktrus.7652

Viktrus.7652

Do we have any news on expected fixes for this? It’s been too long.. getting sick of black and red.

Eggers.5608

Something weird happened this morning. I logged into GW2 and this bug still wasn’t fixed. What the hell is the issue!!?? It has been almost a month now, and now anger is really starting to set in. I really don’t see issue is that would cause this bug to be in the game for a month with all the posts made, aside from laziness.
This bug started with the Sky Pirates patch and on human males on the medium Order of Whisper pants and boots, removed one of the dye slots going from three to two. This results in where that dye was a bright red. My armor as been transmuted.
Fix this bug, a month is to kitten long!!!!!

Attachments:

Shadowborn.3529

Com’on Dev’s FIX THIS BUG. You know its OOW armor. It’s on Medium Male Armor usually transmuted and its the loss of a dye slot on each part of the armor being the boots and leggings, locking the missing slot color to an awful red. This bug was fixed within the same day when this happened before and is totally wrong to allow this to go as long as it has without doing something. We have posted and threaded this so much now people are really getting tired of asking. SO PLEASE READ THIS POSTand fix this bug and stop it happening in the future. thanks.

Attachments:

Shadowborn.3529

Got so impatient i went to whisper’s gear merchant to try and see if a new set of boots would work if not transmutated. Sadly im now 1G 30s out of pocket with another set of crappy red dagger boots. So dont waste your coin in trying to see if its just pre worn gear thats bugged as its not its pre-trans and post giving 2 dye slots still. Please Dev’s im so tired and now out of pocket cant someone look into this and correct it? Was done within the same day when it happened before! My gameplay as a roleplayer is lowered so much in looking at this day after day. Please work this out for us OOW wearers.

Posted by: Sciva.4865

Sciva.4865

I looked through the patch notes and there’s still nothing about it. Hopefully it’s an undocumented change but that’s a longshot.

Posted by: Spartus.7092

Spartus.7092

Still nothing post-patch please fix this devs!

Posted by: Yufon.1047

Yufon.1047

Please fix this bug!! I don’t the red. TAT

Eggers.5608

What the hell is you problem Arena Net?!! This bug has now been going on for a month and you still haven’t fixed it, and not a kitten thing on the forms about the progress of this at all!!!! Are you even working on this!!?? What the hell is the issue, why with all the posts on this, and as simple and this is can’t you fix it or at least let us know what is going on with it!!! Maybe you should stop doing updates and patches if you can’t fix you kitten bugs in the game!!!! What the hell is the point of adding content when you don’t fix stuff the update broke!!!!? This did happen once before and you fix in a day, so what the hell is this now taking a kitten month!!!??

This bug started with the Sky Pirates patch and on human males on the medium Order of Whisper pants and boots, removed one of the dye slots going from three to two. This results in where that dye was a bright red. My armor as been transmuted.

Shadowborn.3529

Please Dev’s so many updates are being pumped out for new content tonight and this bug is not being fixed in the update???? Why i thought by now you would of solved this and got us sorted after all you have wrecked our armor and we have been pleeding with you for over a month now! Get this fixed in these upcoming updates “please”.

Posted by: Lantern.9687

Lantern.9687

Well it aint just human. its all the male races I believe. I’ll note that I wasnt posting because I thought “They’ll get it the next big patch” buttttttt that didnt happen. I’m not going to be all angry and post saying the world is ending and its all your fault… but you got to realize… Most of the end game content focus is on “Looks” and making your character feel unique. That being said, the focus is further implemented by your dye system. So heres why theres all this angry posting.

1. Its a sneaky looking item
2. Its from a sneaky faction.
3. Its popular (probably the most popular) for thief because of above reasons. Read: More people care about it then your average armor.
4. Black is the sneaky color of choice. Bright tomato red isnt sneaky.
5. Its expensive for most people to get ahold of.

Combine that all together and you really get about 50% of people who play that type of play mad. I’ll admit to playing my character alot less because I guess Im shallow and the bright red is gross to me.

Posted by: Machina.6873

Machina.6873

Can we get some kinda official reply for the ongoing bug?

Posted by: Liege.3140

Liege.3140

Couldn’t agree with Lantern more. Sneaky characters, sneaky coat, sneaky colors. Lots of really ticked off rogues and thieves. Rudeness isn’t necessary but it has become rather frustrating even to those of us who prefer to patiently wait. Especially the lack of response in regards to the status of the fix. A great deal of players stepped forward with screens, information etc and are there just haven’t been any answers. It gives one the feeling of being ignored and has resulted in the increasing aggression here.

Stop in and say hi Devs. Please? Bottom line is that personally, I’ve played my main a max of 2hrs a week since this issue just to avoid staring at that red trim and I’m sure I’m not alone. Kinda up a creek here. Could use a paddle. By which I mean a dye slot.

Posted by: Keir Bhaltair.5197

Keir Bhaltair.5197

Four weeks and two major releases now and still nothing; this is seriously getting ridiculous…

(in my case: sylvari male, transmuted)

Attachments:

Posted by: Arashi.2063

Arashi.2063

Same problem here, sylvari male here.

Posted by: Hawkian.6580

Hawkian.6580

Make sure to continue reporting this as a bug in-game.

Posted by: Topher.1684

Topher.1684

This bug doesn’t appear to affect sewer rats…I mean male Asurans!

Attachments:

Posted by: entropyblade.5682

entropyblade.5682

for me, gw2 is all about style and appearances while fighting stuff, and if I don’t like how my thief looks because of this bug, then the less I’m going to be playing on him and the less I’m going to be on gw2.

I hate to say this, since I invested so much time into this game to lvl all my chars to 80 and get the armour styles I wanted for them, but the longer it takes to fix this bug, the less I’ll be on gw2, and if you never get around to fixing this bug, you very well might lose me as a player…

I really tried being patient, but with 4 weeks, 2 major releases, and 27 days since the last dev posted on here, my patience is definitely starting to wear thin… I get it if this bug isn’t a top priority, I’ve coded lots of stuff and I know how hard it can be to debug things like this, and I get it if this bug is a much bigger problem than the dye bug from 3 months ago… but if a dev would at least acknowledge that they’re still working on this bug, or even that this bug is queued up for fixing, it would really help…

It’s pretty clear how many players are getting impatient with this bug, but if a dev could at least keep us in the loop with the progress on debugging this, that would be nice…

Eggers.5608

New day, new update, and you still have fixed this yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What the hell is you problem Arena Net?!! This bug has now been going on for a month and you still haven’t fixed it, and not a kitten thing on the forms about the progress of this at all!!!! Are you even working on this!!?? What the hell is the issue, why with all the posts on this, and as simple and this is can’t you fix it or at least let us know what is going on with it!!! Maybe you should stop doing updates and patches if you can’t fix you kitten bugs in the game!!!! What the hell is the point of adding content when you don’t fix stuff the update broke!!!!? This did happen once before and you fix in a day, so what the hell is this now taking a kitten month!!!??

Posted by: YoshiOfYellow.7862

YoshiOfYellow.7862

I’m having this issue with the Durmand Priory Medium set, specifically the boots. They are a bright obnoxious pink-red no matter what I dye the rest of my stuff.

Attachments:

Steel Courage.1250

Hey guys never mind
this wont happend am deleting my previous response because this isnt happening they are going to fix it!

Shadowborn.3529

Losing interest in GW2. Seriously its not so much the fact your not fixing this bug but at the same time not even aknowleging your members/players that have invested time and money into this game to be blanked and ignored. It really feels sad to know we dont have 2 mins of your time for you guys to send a post on the situation, even if it was to say “wow we cant work it out but we are trying our best”. There is lots of people mad, angry, disappointed. And sorry to say now after numerous posts im one of them. Shame on you Arena Net.

Eggers.5608

What the hell is the problem? Would you please tell you why you can’t fix this bug after over a kittening month, or even respond to our frustration? I really fail to understand why we can’t even get an update stating at that you don’t give a kitten and aren’t going to fix this bug.

What the hell is you problem Arena Net?!! This bug has now been going on for over a month and you still haven’t fixed it, and not a kitten thing on the forms about the progress of this at all!!!! Are you even working on this!!?? What the hell is the issue, why with all the posts on this, and as simple and this is can’t you fix it or at least let us know what is going on with it!!! Maybe you should stop doing updates and patches if you can’t fix you kitten bugs in the game!!!! What the hell is the point of adding content when you don’t fix stuff the update broke!!!!? This did happen once before and you fix in a day, so what the hell is this now taking a kitten month!!!??

Shadowborn.3529

Anyone heard any news on patches or if ANet’s doing anything about it???

Posted by: Ten.8421

Ten.8421

That something as simple as this, and a repeated bug nonetheless, has still not been fixed, not even acknowledged, tells me everything I need to know about ArenaNet’s current mindset toward the game.

Gamut Gaming Group [GGG], an inclusive non-oppression, non-prejudice, non-normativity group.

Eggers.5608

You rat kittens you still haven’t fixed this bug!!!!!