Cannot connect to game or website.

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Penarddun.6827

Penarddun.6827

I have been getting disconnects all afternoon with the game crashing and sending me back to the menu.
Now for the last hour I cannot log in at all. It gives me an error saying “The game client is unable to gain access to the log-in server at this time.”

Even the website is having troublr loading. I had to use my phone. Yet all other sites I access load fine.

What do I do?

Edit: I am also in NY, with Optimum like the posters below.

(edited by Penarddun.6827)

Posted by: Night.2759

Night.2759

Having same issues. Was disconnected while playing about 5 hours ago and repeated attempts to login have failed since. Tried checking firewall setting and bypassing wireless router.

Nightanvil – Guardian / Nightrend Shademist – Thief
Nightspecter – Necromancer / Night**** all others

Posted by: Penarddun.6827

Penarddun.6827

Yeah I reset my router and even turned my firewall off for a few minutes but I got the same thing. The client just hangs and then the error pops.

Posted by: Furion.9850

Furion.9850

Yes please fix this issue. I was in WvW and suddenly was disconnected. Tried to log back in but couldn’t. Sometimes I can login, however would be disconnected again in 1 – 2 minutes. Not only the game would have issues but sometimes the guildwars2.com website would take very long to load as well. My net connection is stable. I can stream online movies, visit other website just fine. I only have this issue with guildwars2.com and the game itself. I just came back from a 4 month break and this issue popped up. Would like to get back into the game.

Interenet Provider: Optimum Online

(edited by Furion.9850)

Night.2759

Not sure if it’s related but I’m on Optimum Online also.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

It seems there are quite a few players with issues that also use Optimum. There may, or may not, be a correlation.

Good luck.

Posted by: Foxx.1048

Foxx.1048

Having the same problem of getting disconnected and failure to log in. My symptoms are identical to Furion.9850.

Also on Optimum and NY yet everything else internet related is working just fine for me.

Error code: 42:0:9001:4409

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

I had the same issue for a while. Apparently it’s a problem with Optimum, I used Spotflux to fix the issue.

Night.2759

Just an update – called Optimum online support and after about 45 minutes or so they agreed that something seems up with their DNS. They are looking into it.

Posted by: Marshall Teach.9064

Marshall Teach.9064

Just an update – called Optimum online support and after about 45 minutes or so they agreed that something seems up with their DNS. They are looking into it.

Thanks, sigh. I live in NYC and have Optimum and was wondering what the hell was going on.

Posted by: Furion.9850

Furion.9850

I think the issue has been fixed. Whether it was Optimum Online or Anet, I’m online playing GW2 once again and the website works as it should with no delay in loading. Although it was too much of a coincidence that most ppl affected were in NY with Optimum Online as their internet provider.

(edited by Furion.9850)