Naracion.6597

same =\

15char

Cant update Game :(

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Carbon Footprint.3421

Carbon Footprint.3421

Comcast Chicago area, 0KB/sec…

I know we are supposed to be thankful for patches…but…

Posted by: SakuraJD.4720

SakuraJD.4720

also unable. stuck at “Errors detected”. AT&T in Ohio.

(edited by SakuraJD.4720)

Posted by: Despair.2374

Despair.2374

Comcast West Chicago, Connection Error(s) detected … Retrying

Happened just as I was starting to update the game, please fix this issue, this happened yesterday at around the same time and lingered for about a good hour before it was fixed.

Posted by: Naracion.6597

Naracion.6597

I think this was mentioned earlier in this thread but adding -authsrv 206.127.159.107 —clientport 80 to the end of the shortcut worked for me this time.

SakuraJD.4720

sure would like to be able to play the game i paid for..

Posted by: ScionKai.4907

ScionKai.4907

So is this still a big problem for midwest comcast customers? It is an issue for me. Only ANET response was when someone thought they fixed it on their own but actually did not.

Please ANET don’t sweep this under the rug… Help!

Posted by: Oneiroid.9245

Oneiroid.9245

Yep, it’s back here too. Comcast, Southwest Michigan.

Posted by: eleshazar.6902

eleshazar.6902

Day 3 of the same problem… Can we get a response? All of us are having 0 trouble with any internet traffic except with downloading patches (which seem to be coming every day -.-). I would like to be able to log in without waiting for an hour every time.

Attachments:

All professions level 80| Champion Paragon, Phantom, Genius
Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] | Rank 80

Posted by: Starfleck.8392

Starfleck.8392

I was having the same problem until just a minute ago, but in Milwaukee with AT&T Uverse. After several attempts having it stagnate after a couple hundred kilobytes, and getting “Connection Error(s) Detected” it eventually worked.

Try using your Task Manager to close the GW2 client manually as it stalls, and try it again. That’s all I had to do.

We are such flecks as stars are made of. . .

Oneiroid.9245

An official response is sorely needed on this.

Has anyone else here been getting severe delay ingame as well? I have.

Posted by: Dark.4956

Dark.4956

todays patch caused it to have one file remaining, the client just stops…redid it a few times..
remaining files..1
so whatever ante is doing to the client and updates…seriously..knock that crap off.

and fix it.

Posted by: ScionKai.4907

ScionKai.4907

“Thank you for bringing this problem to our attention, our support team is looking into this and we will update you as soon as possible.”

^ Even a canned response like this is preferable to crickets…

Posted by: MookySnacks.8532

MookySnacks.8532

I guess what confuses me is why the problem is isolated to GW2. Everything else was running perfectly fine — cable, phone, and every other website I went to, no issues.

For the most part that’s true, though in my case, I also have been having issues with my Xbox Live connection lately, even after the whole DDOS hacks were done… Dunno whether it’s the same problem or coincidence but yeah…

Oneiroid.9245

It’s been over an hour since I began trying to patch and the issue is still continuing.

Posted by: Thunderbird.8036

Thunderbird.8036

Hi everyone. Here in Australia with just this last update an hour or so ago this same problem occurred. Since I have been through this before with all the resulting conversations with Anet; using their tool to scan computer for info for them and so on; all the fix attempts, this time I am just turning off my firewall; (which by the way is not the cause of the problem) and just going to restart the GW2 exe however many times it takes. It will eventually get all the update since that was the only way to overcome it last time it got this bad.
So my advice, though this is a pain in the royal posterior, is just keep restarting the exe. Bit by tiny bit it will get in what it needs. It should not happen but it does, repeatedly, particularly with these festival updates. Yes it says only one file remains, but that is always the problem each time it happens. Keep trying everyone it will get there.

Posted by: Thunderbird.8036

Thunderbird.8036

The persistence paid off….. I finally got the full update with persistence. Hope the rest of you get it too.

Posted by: aug.6379

aug.6379

with vpn i can play the game, without vpn connection error! WTF, my game client is updated!

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

This is still happening. wtf?

Posted by: Laced Cozier Zone.3189

Laced Cozier Zone.3189

Thanks for the patch. Can’t wait to play again in 90 minutes once my 0kb/s finishes.

SakuraJD.4720

whatever this issue is that comcast has with you guys, sort it out.

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

It’s not Comcast. I’m on AT&T and have the exact same issue.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Posted by: doxavg.7413

doxavg.7413

Every patch since the feature patch on the 16th has failed to update until late at night for me. Anet has some major issues somewhere at Level 3 – notice the drops (32% packet loss) starting at 4.53.96.118 which appears to be edge between Level 3 and CDNetworks where assetcdn.101.ArenaNetworks.com (the ANet CDN I seem to be using) appears to be hosted.

This isn’t the prettiest paste…sorry, fixed width text and true type fonts don’t tend to play well together.

|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|                                      WinMTR statistics                                   |
|                       Host              -   %  | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
|                             73.36.196.1 -    0 |   40 |   40 |    9 |   13 |   31 |   11 |
|                             68.85.131.5 -    0 |   40 |   40 |    9 |   13 |   28 |   15 |
|                           68.87.231.221 -    0 |   40 |   40 |   10 |   15 |   35 |   14 |
|                             68.86.92.33 -    0 |   40 |   40 |   12 |   17 |   34 |   16 |
|                            68.86.84.210 -    0 |   40 |   40 |   12 |   17 |   30 |   15 |
|                   No response from host -  100 |    8 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |
|                            4.69.159.178 -    0 |   40 |   40 |   12 |   20 |   82 |   13 |
|                             4.53.96.118 -   32 |   19 |   13 |   36 |   40 |   53 |   36 |
|                            174.35.56.23 -   50 |   14 |    7 |    0 |   40 |   45 |   38 |
|                           174.35.56.105 -   54 |   13 |    6 |   35 |   39 |   45 |   40 |
|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|

Edit: Comcast business customer here…but this is clearly not an issue on the Comcast network. ANet, please yell at CDNetworks and get this solved. Thanks

(edited by doxavg.7413)

Naracion.6597

really starting to hate when anet comes out with patches /sigh

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

really starting to hate when anet comes out with patches /sigh

Rather sad that I was all ready to drop $10 to buy that slick new scarf. Anet’s loss I guess.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Posted by: Togo.7094

Togo.7094

i have uverse and this is the first time I can’t get the update. screen says 0kb/s. I see this has been happening for at least a week. so do we just keep opening and closing the window or is there a fix for this?

SakuraJD.4720

i have uverse and this is the first time I can’t get the update. screen says 0kb/s. I see this has been happening for at least a week. so do we just keep opening and closing the window or is there a fix for this?

yes, and no, respectively.

Naracion.6597

and after 6 days….no response from anet =\

Naracion.6597

and now its working for me. So weird

Posted by: qualm like a bomb.6512

qualm like a bomb.6512

Yippie another Patch! I can’t even download the patch because the downloader wont update.

Connection – errors detected retrying. Why do I have to force quit to start over?

FIX YOUR KITTEN

Qualm – Commander
Grievance [GVNC] – Our drunken WvW is the kitten
Devona’s Rest – Forever Outnumbered & Kittened upon by Anet

qualm like a bomb.6512

They did respond on a post in the other forum. They pointed the finger at everyones ISP. Which is odd since I can concurrently download 11 mb/s from my Newsreader account but yet cant get 1kb/s stable from their patch server. Their updates broke something.

Qualm – Commander

Naracion.6597

They did respond on a post in the other forum. They pointed the finger at everyones ISP. Which is odd since I can concurrently download 11 mb/s from my Newsreader account but yet cant get 1kb/s stable from their patch server. Their updates broke something.

my mistake….only had 3 hours of sleep last night so missing the obvious….they did indeed post on the thread. Thanks for pointing this out ^.^

Posted by: Togo.7094

Togo.7094

yay, after 20 minutes of opening and closing with task manager I made enough progress and can now log in.

qualm like a bomb.6512

Yeah togo i task managered closed about 5 times and finally got a decent 23 kb/s it still stalls but i am up to 4200 KB on the installer file so it should be almost complete! then i can wait another hour or 2 for the downlaod and play!

Qualm – Commander

Posted by: Viperiform.2534

Viperiform.2534

Yeah, I had a hiccup or two with the last patch but managed to fix it somehow.
But this time, I’ve been trying to just get the downloader to update for over an hour at this point. I haven’t even been able to try and download the patch itself yet.
I’m in the St. Louis area with AT&T Uverse

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

I’m trying to gather all the info about this situation into one thread in the Technical Support Forum.

Here’s the latest that I know: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/support/Start-up-Client-stuck-at-0kb-s/page/3#post4645431

If you can post any new info that you want to share in that thread, our GameOps team is taking a look at it and may be able to shed some light on the subject.

Thank you!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

GameOps will be updating that other thread with more info, so please check there. I’m going to close this thread so that we don’t have two different conversations running on the same topic. You are welcome to post in the Start up Client stuck at 0kb /s thread. Here’s a link so you can view that thread.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet