Chinese Character Bug

Chinese Character Bug

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Eridani.8317

Eridani.8317

Had this today too, never seen it before today.

Chinese Character Bug

Posted by: StarsLife.7320

StarsLife.7320

Anything over 10 mail items in your inbox is considered full and so you may not receive mail.

Chinese Character Bug

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

Someone changed their region by accident (either in game or in windows), or its a bug associated with IME and GW 2 (IME doesn’t work with gw 2), or you changed your language in options.

My operating locale is Japan (for reasons not related to this), but my system language is English and my region is US. So I have no issues so far. So that can’t be the problem.

What I don’t know is if you are an Asian user. Could your PC’s region be messing with GW 2?

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

Chinese Character Bug

Posted by: evilbottom.2186

evilbottom.2186

I saw a few people posting these in chat. Something must have gotten a bit messed up.

Chinese Character Bug

Posted by: Jestunhi.7429

Jestunhi.7429

Someone changed their region by accident (either in game or in windows), or its a bug associated with IME and GW 2 (IME doesn’t work with gw 2), or you changed your language in options.

My operating locale is Japan (for reasons not related to this), but my system language is English and my region is US. So I have no issues so far. So that can’t be the problem.

What I don’t know is if you are an Asian user. Could your PC’s region be messing with GW 2?

FYI, you not experiencing the issue is not the same as there not being an issue.

SoE have finally been knocked off the top spot
in the list of developers I have the least faith & trust in.
Congratulations ArenaNet!

Chinese Character Bug

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

Not saying there isn’t an issue… I may have not gotten the issue yet and what I surmised it could be related. Gw 2 doesn’t have too good of support for the oceanic and Asia regions as of yet. So it could be related to that.

What may be the case is that I may not have this problem because I can’t even get Asian characters to appear and using them just crashes GW 2.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

Chinese Character Bug

Posted by: Nkuvu.2570

Nkuvu.2570

Bumping a dead thread, since the exact same bug is showing up again. All iron ore is listed with Chinese tooltips.

(p.s. If it’s preferable to start a new thread for a new occurrence of the bug, please let me know and I apologize in advance)

Chinese Character Bug

Posted by: Szin.1250

Szin.1250

This happened to me last night, too, with mining iron ore. I submitted an in-game bug report with a screenshot. Restarting the game seems to have fixed it.

Chinese Character Bug

Posted by: Haishao.6851

Haishao.6851

The heart quest npc at the very top right corner of harathi sells items with chinese text too.

Chinese Character Bug

Posted by: fenim.2395

fenim.2395

The hotkey in your Language bar for switching languages is left alt+ shift. If you start typing chinese characters its because you accidentally pressed these. Either press the hotkey again or go to your Language bar (bottom right of screen says EN or whatever language) Open it and delete chinese simplified all together.

Chinese Character Bug

Posted by: Moderator.9532

Moderator.9532

Reviving old threads is unnecessary, please be mindful of the date the thread was created and of the last post made.