Coiled Watch - way more antisocial now

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Aku Punksha.1542

Aku Punksha.1542

Had to help a friend through a living story here. What we found was a large group that would scale up event 1, then scale up 6/10 rounds of event 2, then pull everyone off the hill to let it fail. The talk was 12 champ bags per 7 minutes.

We explained we wanted to do living story and were not too politely told to eff off. We asked again and were told if we didn’t want to farm champ bags we had to leave. The pair of us struggled on to kill the last 3 waves and in the end we got a little assistance from some people in our struggles. On the Dolyak event the commander in chat was instructing his zerg to scale things up and let Yaks die on us, but they did that too late and we were able to lead the aggro off the yaks at the gate and back into the zerg. In the shaman event again all the commander and his number 2 were insisting were that the event must fail to teach us a lesson. Again we either had enough sympathisers and again we were able to lead the last Shaman back into the main zerg and then player instincts took back over.

The commander and officer then tried to engage us saying how they would have helped us had we asked nicely while at the same time yelling to people to let the event fail.

End result we completed the event but it wasn’t a fun experience to witness how mindless and rabid a group of farmers can get. Many people there with an obvious tag and clearly only there for LOOT.

I suggest if the coiled series fails at all then it reset to the same timer as is active when the event succeeds. That way people will swap off the champ farm when it comes up and they will have a common goal with the players that want to make the event succeed.

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

On the Dolyak event the commander in chat was instructing his zerg to scale things up and let Yaks die on us, but they did that too late and we were able to lead the aggro off the yaks at the gate and back into the zerg. In the shaman event again all the commander and his number 2 were insisting were that the event must fail to teach us a lesson.

The commander and officer then tried to engage us saying how they would have helped us had we asked nicely while at the same time yelling to people to let the event fail.

Whoaa, that’s so stupid and disrespectful… Some people in this game thinks they are king and can rule over others… C’mon, commander tags is meant to help instructing ppl in an event, not harassing others that doesn’t do what you want. Some ppl shouldn’t never get a commander tag, too bad it’s a bought thing, it should be a earned and deserved thing..
Sadly it reminds me the champ train at Queensdale, it seems these champ train zerg groups moved to another place..

Posted by: Aku Punksha.1542

Aku Punksha.1542

Whoaa, that’s so stupid and disrespectful… Some people in this game thinks they are king and can rule over others… Sadly it reminds me the champ train at Queensdale, it seems these champ train zerg groups moved to another place..

Agree. I took plenty of screenshots, but there is no changing human nature / greed so I won’t bother with them. It is not the people but the loop hole in the content that is the issue. My goal is to see the event fixed up to meet the Dev intent. Looks to me that the event was actually better the way it was before as the event in its’ current format brings out the worst in people. I am sure with it kittening access to living story content they will want to see it rectified quickly.

Edit – just had to look see what the censer used kittening for – to slow or limit one’s progress

(edited by Aku Punksha.1542)

shadow.6174

Yup, same with Queensdale. The content per se wasn’t bad initially, but it attracted certain types of players who were seeking to farm those champs and kept harassing the new players at the point to tell them to go play in other maps. The farming per se wasn’t bad too, but some people thought they had the right to rule over it.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Technically, nothing changed about the first event per se. What’s new is that people only recently realized that, when scaled with enough people, you could get ~10 champs to spawn while driving the Svanir from the Coil . Further, it was easier to avoid success by simply stepping out of the capping circle early.

The root cause remains the same: event failure is overwhelming more rewarding than success. Whenever that’s true, farmers will eventually discover it and figure out a way to organize scaling to their advantage.

99% of the time, there’s no way for ANet to know this until/unless someone contacts them. So this won’t be the last time we see something like this.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

shadow.6174

In fact, they slightly changed something there, but maybe it wouldn’t affect the above mentioned issue:

• Adjusted the warmup times on the Coiled Watch event chain in Frostgorge Sound.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

In fact, they slightly changed something there, but maybe it wouldn’t affect the above mentioned issue:

• Adjusted the warmup times on the Coiled Watch event chain in Frostgorge Sound.

That’s the reset on the full chain. It doesn’t affect the timing on any of the individual events. They slowed down how quickly the chain would restart after failure, which is what prompted people to look for a more efficient alternative.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: hermescragsniper.2713

hermescragsniper.2713

I just experienced this and it’s a pretty bad experience when you only have a few hours a week to play

Screenshot to show how obnoxious people are about it too. Fix it Anet, please.

Attachments:

Blackgate