Critical: Unresponsive Skill Bar

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Ayakaru.6583

Ayakaru.6583

last week for the fifth time;
Playing the game, and all of a sudden my character decides I don’t need skills. I ram
1-0 keys, but nothing happens, I click them with the mouse, no difference. The icons flash from being selected, but without and error or anything, just nothing happens. Clicking the arrow to change the skills is also unresponsive; menu opens, I select new skill, but old skill remains on the bar.

The only cure apaprantly is downing or rebooting. This completely absoletes the player from the game and can therefore be seen as a critical problem.

EDIT: I wasn’t interacting with stuff at the time. Just standing at the side of the area waiting for the Fire Ele to spawn. The skill lock occured without the need to do anything.

(edited by Ayakaru.6583)

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

It happens. Try equipping a toy like a kite or balloon.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

In addition to equipping a toy as mentioned above, another common technique for fixing this is to jump off a high enough cliff such that your character faceplants. It might also get fixed if an enemy CCs you. Dying will also tend to fix it, though that is a bit more of an extreme way of fixing it. If you have any WvW siege items on hand, you can also try equipping those and then putting them away.

The most common cause for this sort of issue is interacting with some sort of item while moving around. For instance, if you try to pick up a banner while running past it, or possibly if someone picks it up just before you do. As such, you should be mindful about how much you spam the interact key to perform AoE looting in order to minimize the occurrence of this, or just be careful that you’re not auto running when trying to pick up things like banners, other bundles, or just using environmental objects.

Unfortunately it’s been a problem for quite awhile, but they haven’t been able to fix this as of yet.

Posted by: Esmee.1067

Esmee.1067

In addition to equipping a toy as mentioned above, another common technique for fixing this is to jump off a high enough cliff such that your character faceplants. It might also get fixed if an enemy CCs you. Dying will also tend to fix it, though that is a bit more of an extreme way of fixing it. If you have any WvW siege items on hand, you can also try equipping those and then putting them away.

The most common cause for this sort of issue is interacting with some sort of item while moving around. For instance, if you try to pick up a banner while running past it, or possibly if someone picks it up just before you do. As such, you should be mindful about how much you spam the interact key to perform AoE looting in order to minimize the occurrence of this, or just be careful that you’re not auto running when trying to pick up things like banners, other bundles, or just using environmental objects.

Unfortunately it’s been a problem for quite awhile, but they haven’t been able to fix this as of yet.

Useful advice, time to buy a toy or hold siegeweapons on all my toons.

Posted by: epborden.7492

epborden.7492

This is the same issue as is discussed in these two threads:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Warrior-banner-pick-up-disables-all-skills
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Serious-skill-lock-bug-with-all-interactables

Apparently it has been around a long time and nothing has been done about it. I never noticed it until the past few months myself. Very frustrating.

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

This happens when you disrupt the animation of picking up a bundle item from the ground by moving. It will freeze your character because it get stuck in the animation, and you won’t be able to use or do anything until you are either cc’d or downed/killed.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I find this bug happens most to me if me and another player are going for the same bundle item at the same time. If he grabs it just a split second before I do, it sometimes causes the bug.

Picking up another bundle item or getting downed usually fixes it.