Dragon's Stand map kick

Dragon's Stand map kick

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Doublebrutal.3125

Doublebrutal.3125

Hi all,

Just posting a problem that is still ongoing in hopes of getting Anet to acknowledge the problem.

I submitted a bug report already.

I am a Ranger and I want a Tiger pet and an Electric Wyvern. These can only be obtained after finishing The Mouth of Mordremoth in Dragon’s Stand.

However, this can’t be done most of the time.

For the third time this week, we have gotten the gates down, moved into the next area with the pods, then everyone gets map kicked and says “wtf” and alike…

This is infuriating, I work full time, and don’t need to have hours of my time wasted every week trying to get something simple like pets, because the whole map just dies and kicks everyone out! Even for people not after the pets, I’m sure it’s extremely frustrating to spend over an hour getting through the 3 lanes gates only to get kicked for no reason at all in the next section.

Please Anet acknowledge and fix this issue.

PS: Can i get the pets put in my journal for the troubles? All i need to do is press the F key on them to tame them, but your broken game won’t let me get to them!

Other posts with same problem that had no reply from Arenanet:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Ds-map-kick
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Dragon-Stand-post-meta-crash-again
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Crashing-in-Dragons-Stand

(edited by Doublebrutal.3125)

Dragon's Stand map kick

Doublebrutal.3125

…. SIGH.

This time my client crashed.

Log straight back in.

In a different map.

Group no longer in LFG.

FIX THE GAME OR I QUIT.

Dragon's Stand map kick

Doublebrutal.3125

THAT’S IT I HAVE HAD ENOUGH.

GOT TO THE PLATFORMS THIS TIME, GOT BOSS TO < 20% HEALTH.

GAME CRASHED.

LOGGED BACK IN.

RIGHT CLICK ON SQUAD MEMBERS TO JOIN THEM IN DRAGON’S STAND…

NETWORK ERROR.

LEAVE SQUAD AND /JOINSQUAD … NETWORK ERROR WHEN TRYING TO JOIN THEM.

AGAIN NO REWARD, AGAIN 2 HOURS WASTED.

just give me the 2 pets already or i will quit and never use gem store again.

stupid waste of time.

Dragon's Stand map kick

Doublebrutal.3125

Network error .

Please check your Internet connection and try again.
(Code=178:9:13:2932:101)

Dragon's Stand map kick

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

“Network error .

Change your graphics to best performance when you are in Dragon Stand, F11.

Dragon's Stand map kick

Doublebrutal.3125

thanks reapex

pretty pathetic of arenanet if that’s the issue

on a 4.2ghz quad core with a gtx 980 and 16gb ram. graphics settings already modest for my setup. get 60fps in cities / world. 16-20 in a massively over zerged boss fight. sad that i’d have to make their beautiful game look like garbage to play it.

Dragon's Stand map kick

Posted by: Saiki.5147

Saiki.5147

Happened to me twice already. No game crashes at all. The game just decides to kick me out of the instance.

Dragon's Stand map kick

Posted by: Shylock.4653

Shylock.4653

Try the 64bit client. I had many crashes with the 32bit client and have nearly no crashes since I use the 64 bit client.

Dragon's Stand map kick

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

thanks reapex

pretty pathetic of arenanet if that’s the issue

on a 4.2ghz quad core with a gtx 980 and 16gb ram. graphics settings already modest for my setup. get 60fps in cities / world. 16-20 in a massively over zerged boss fight. sad that i’d have to make their beautiful game look like garbage to play it.

Your specs are good, you really should try the 64-bit client as someone suggested and you’re welcome.

Dragon's Stand map kick

Posted by: Aury.1367

Aury.1367

yea the 64bit client is the best solution for disconnects at Dragons Stand. It may stutter sometimes, but doesnt disconnect.

Dragon's Stand map kick

Posted by: Excelvior.8520

Excelvior.8520

Well, I have the 64bit client
just as we killed Mordy yesterday there was a massive d/c, at least 5 people including me. Reconnected, I was in another instance (empty) of the map. Join squad’s map, there was a new build and the game restarted…

I was actually laughing from anger :P. Couldn’t even get the final chest… Kitten happens I guess, but I had this freaking map reset on me numerous times in the past, always at the dragon fight. Please at least acknowledge the issue.

Dragon's Stand map kick

Posted by: ruwani.8624

ruwani.8624

Had a terrible laptop before and thought thats why DS crashes EVERYTIME right when the last burn occurs/finishes. I got a new laptop, has a really good graphics card and ram and hoped everything would be fixed. and NOPE. Crashed again just now, right before boss was killed. I spend HOURS doing this meta everytime hoping it wouldn’t crash but it does time and time again. I don’t usually complain, I’m the type of people who sucks it up and moves on, but this is an exceptional case of bad design. Atleast let people with 200% map participation to get back in to get the final loot box.

Dragon's Stand map kick

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

The biggest things that will help here are:

One, use the 64-bit client, not the 32-bit client. Memory fragmentation with the 32-bit client means that it will be unable to allocate memory and will die. This is exacerbated by busy maps, lots of people, etc, which … hey, dragon stand, right?

Two, check for network problems between you and anet. It’s possible it is at their end, in which case this is the information you need to present to anet support to help them fix it. It’s possible it is at your ISP, in which case you may be able to fix it with them. Either way, figuring out if that is the root cause is a good step.

This guide helps doing that: https://www.pingplotter.com/fix-your-network

Dragon's Stand map kick

Posted by: Charrbeque.8729

Charrbeque.8729

“Network error .

Change your graphics to best performance when you are in Dragon Stand, F11.

Not a graphics issue. Even if you join a squad in LFG you have to join them in the map before it resets, otherwise the map won’t let you switch instances. Period. You can still go to DS but won’t be able to switch to the instance your party/squad is in once the map has reset and the chain of events starts.

Originally, there were various events throughout the map that weren’t part of the meta event, much like Verdent Brink. But the meta took a really long time to come up and players complained a lot about it. So the map was revamped a long time ago, removing all non-meta events, and turning it into a meta event only map on a 2 hour cycle. This is when the problem started where you can’t switch instances once the map events have started. You just wind up with that “network error, check your internet connection” message box that pops up. It isn’t a network error at all. The only thing I can think of is it’s either intentional to prevent overfarming (then again, Auric Basin multi-loot for a loooong time before they fixed it), or the map is full but gives the wrong message.

There’s something charming about rangers.

Dragon's Stand map kick

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

You should be able to join the map any time other than at the very end of the cycle, when it is disable to prevent people jumping in without contributing for loot at the very end.

Dragon's Stand map kick

Posted by: Egrimm Van Horstmann.7921

Egrimm Van Horstmann.7921

Given I have all the pets with my rangers let me offer the easiest way to get the Tiger. Just go to the new map as there are juveniles in the area just past the enterance camp. For the Electric Wyvern work your way up to the ledge can be done at any time. Then leave your hunter there. Pop in from time to time until the wyverns are there. I done this with three rangers took no more than a couple days with minimal playing time.