Endless loading screens are BACK! [Merged threads]

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Yelisha.7413

Yelisha.7413

It seems our old issue is back with the new patch. Got stuck on loading screen(respawn) + can’t here game sound occasionally.ie inc treb sounds etc..

Posted by: CC Eva.6742

CC Eva.6742

Community Coordinator

Next

Hello everyone.

Just a quick note to let you know that I have merged threads that were reporting this bug with the loading screen and moved it all together to its appropriate section, the Game Bugs subforum. Rest assured that the team is aware of this and working currently to fix it.

Thanks for all your reports and your patience!

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

Regression testing is for beginners, we like it hardcore.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

Posted by: Curuglas.1847

Curuglas.1847

Hi,

today in SPVP I hit on the revive option, and it takes about 5-10 seconds of loading screen. One time though, it took until the match was lost and I returned to the mists.

Why does the servers always take endless times to load? It takes forever using waypoints/asura gates (usually 5-10 seconds to waypoints in the same area, often 20+ seconds upon travelling to other maps).

My local hardware can’t be the limiting factor here (AMD FX CPU, 8 GB Ram, Intel SSD, 32 MBit/s Internet connection), so what’s up with the server?

Maybe it’s the login server, since for a few days now I get “wrong password” now and again, disconnecting me from the game. I can log back again immediately, though.

Posted by: Zioz.5714

Zioz.5714

After this last patch, sometimes after death in PvP the game starts to simulate loading without actually loading anything, as there is no increased system activity. This loading screen never goes away until the map changes. The only workaround is to restart the game. Wtb fix.

Posted by: Anjuhal.1295

Anjuhal.1295

Hello everyone.

Just a quick note to let you know that I have merged threads that were reporting this bug with the loading screen and moved it all together to its appropriate section, the Game Bugs subforum. Rest assured that the team is aware of this and working currently to fix it.

Thanks for all your reports and your patience!

Thanks for the update. I hope this gets resolved soon (again).

Posted by: Ceemo.7431

Ceemo.7431

thats so frustrating… and btw i dont have patience so dont thank me

Posted by: Ghazzog.2509

Ghazzog.2509

I’m also having this bug after the recent update. It is really annoying to expect such a bug after every possible bug

Posted by: Kangore.5864

Kangore.5864

I’m not having this issue with PvP neccessarily. Infact, since the patch, I’ve been having difficulty getting past loading screens most loading screens in general (be it PvE or sPvP). It’s namely to Lion’s Arch I can’t seem to load but I doubt it’s a “crowding” issue seeing as I could log in during the Opening Event a few hours ago (seeing as I got booted off numeral times), but before and after that I now seem to having great issues with it. Normally I have a -longer than most- wait during loading screens (usually ~30-40 seconds if I was to estimate a long-distance WP travel), but these have been going on well over 10 minutes before I’m either booted or I just give up, alt+tab out, close the program and try again (and to no avail, unfortunately). I’ve had no background programs running, up-to-date drivers and a CPU useage of less than 10% before even opening GW2.

I’m just wondering if anyone can shed any light on this issue if it is a recent thing with the patch? I’ll leave my PC specs here though, just incase.
AMD Phenom II X4 B55, 3.20 GHz
1GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX460 Super OC
4GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3
1TB WD Green Caviar and 460GB WD Black Caviar harddrives.

Posted by: gwawer.9805

gwawer.9805

Just did to me in SPVP. Gotta alt f4

Posted by: Malk.9720

Malk.9720

I’ve experienced the same. However while looking for a fix a new map loaded and I loaded in properly. I did spend half a match dead though.

Posted by: Plastic Soda.2438

Plastic Soda.2438

This bug just happened to us in the second round of a paid tournament, cost us the match as it happened at 480-420 or so

Posted by: Yinn.6507

Yinn.6507

I know that the devs probably know about this, but it seems to only happen on one side of the spawn. My team were the only one being affected by it during a paid tourney (Henge) on the Forest map. 4/5 of my team were affected by it.

I was also never affected by it during frees and hotjoins.

Hope this help.

Posted by: BobJoeXXI.2493

BobJoeXXI.2493

ANet isn’t doing a thing to fix this. Just like they didn’t nerf backstab like they said they would and rushed this half-effort one time event for Lost Shores.

Apicharr Science [ASci] – Maguuma
80 Necro, 80 Ranger, 80 Warrior, 80 Mesmer, 80 Engineer.

Posted by: okaygo.5473

okaygo.5473

Hi Jon Peters and developers,

I just received this bug during a hotjoin. I couldn’t tell you the conditions that caused this bug but it sounds like a race condition, GW2 sounds like it isn’t entirely thread safe and new code needs to be thread safe or else extremely randomly frustrating user experience. This has been the third time this kind of major glitch has ruined an otherwise solid patch. Hotfix it ASAP!

Posted by: Vincu.2865

Vincu.2865

Since last update, both in sPvP and tPvP, map sometimes doesn’t load (after you died). It freezes and the only way to do anything is to restart the game. As well, sometimes the game during the match starts to lag and then freezes. It’s REALLY annoying and it’s not about the computer/internet connection/firewall due to i heard many people complaining about it. Hope i’ll get the answer.

Posted by: Ratsoori.9108

Ratsoori.9108

Yup, I used to have this problem only few times a day but now it happens every single time when it is loading a map. I’ll have a small break now from GW2 (hopefully small) until they have fixed it. sPvP is now totally unplayable for me

Posted by: orangeman.1704

orangeman.1704

just happened to me in a pvp game also

thanks

Damilius – Red Guard [RG]

Posted by: Kaira.1296

Kaira.1296

Just got trapped in one myself at “Legacy of the Foefire”, Still managed to get my Daily PvP reward from that match even though it kicked me for inactivity- So I’m a little less flustered lol.

Posted by: kitsuneki.5893

kitsuneki.5893

Since the patch this afternoon for the event ive been having black screens even before i can start at the character sheet. I never had them before. I reinstalled the game cos after a zillion restarts and repairs i was so frustrated, then was able to play a hour but got a ingame freeze – then again couldnt log back in, and got the black screen again and again…… restarted the computer everytime cos it kept crashing everything……and now im missing out on the one time only event :< ……/cry

Posted by: Ignotus.7254

Ignotus.7254

what`s the point of playing tournaments when you know that anytime during the 3 matches you will play (if you get to the finals) 1-4 of your players will be stuck at loading screen?

Posted by: Teutos.8620

Teutos.8620

Loading Screen Bug still exists.

EU – Multiple times #1 SoloQ pre Dec 2014 (pure MMR based ladder)
Primoridal (S1) & Exalted (S2) & Illustrious (S3) Legend

Posted by: popflux.1872

popflux.1872

So is there some algorithm to this bug that only makes it manifest itself when one is having an awesome match?

Anjuhal.1295

Since you introduced this bug before I was confident that you would fix it quickly… losing my patience here.

Posted by: Szu.1429

Szu.1429

Never have this bug before, but right now always in 5-10 spvp matche im get Endless loading screens after dead and im must close client or wait till game is over

Posted by: Fergles.4812

Fergles.4812

Just got one on my first death in PvP playing the new temple map. I guess it’s a good thing my team was down a few points so I can sit at a loading screen until it ends…

Posted by: gwawer.9805

gwawer.9805

Just did twice.

Posted by: Goob.9752

Goob.9752

It all started after the patch they did today. I’ve got stuck on it about 7 times and keeps happening

Goobs
Lvl 80 Thief
http://www.twitch.tv/goobs08

Posted by: KniL.5126

KniL.5126

PLEASE FIX THIS STUPID BUG, OMG
Is happening twice in a single match, this is very frustrating

(edited by KniL.5126)

KniL.5126

3 times in only 30 minutes, this is very irritating !!!
I quit sPVP for now.
HOPE Arenanet is happy!!

Posted by: Dvalin.7825

Dvalin.7825

Hopefully since they’ve encountered this bug before, it should be a quick fix…

KniL.5126

still happening :P , 4 , 5 , 6 times, what a joke game.
They fix something and also broke the half other game

Posted by: czar.6930

czar.6930

3 days after the patch and still with this kitteny loadscreen bug. Cmon guys be faster.

Posted by: leopard.3574

leopard.3574

same problem. happened with my first char. had to make a new 1. now again with my second 1 stuck at the loading screen forever. please fix

Posted by: Donedusted.9846

Donedusted.9846

I was just in a tight tpvp match, points being flipped left right and centre, we were a very even team. Score was 400 each. I get endless loading screen and have to relog. By the time I return to the match, it’s far too late and we have lost.

Please fix this.

Posted by: Zeppelin.2438

Zeppelin.2438

Is this bug fixed?

I haven’t logged on since it happened to me twice, both while I was up +140 points in a SPVP match.

I refuse to log on until I hear notice that this abomination of a bug (thought this was address already) is fixed.

Update ASAP.

Thanks.

Posted by: Halcyon.7352

Halcyon.7352

I’ve only had this happen to me during the Phase 2 event yesterday. I was following the main event (and player zerg) up to the point where you build a bridge to access a different part of the island. I accidentally fell through an opening in the incomplete bridge, and waypointed.

I was stuck at the Southsun loading screen for well over five minutes… I gave up, and end tasked the client, rejoined almost instantly. By then of course, I was way behind the event.

Tarnished Coast Engineer and… general alt-o-holic.

For the toast!

Posted by: Teutos.8620

Teutos.8620

Bug Still existing in pvp!

EU – Multiple times #1 SoloQ pre Dec 2014 (pure MMR based ladder)
Primoridal (S1) & Exalted (S2) & Illustrious (S3) Legend

Posted by: Craig.6340

Craig.6340

Got 2 in a row now I’m happy this happening during hot join and not while I’m playing with my team. Would be great if the issue was solved promptly.

Posted by: Halcyon.7352

Halcyon.7352

Again happened with Phase 3’s event. During the three hour span, I was stuck infinitely loading twice. HDD activity light off, the loading icon moving, but nothing happening.

Wound up having to do the overflow shuffle to find one that was at a similar point in the event, worrying whether or not I’d get my loot…

It happened for me when I have a ton of players loaded, and attempt to waypoint out. (ie, after a death.) I notice if I haven’t loaded everything in an area, I don’t have issues. This would make sense too for people having issues in WvW, if there are a ton of players in the area.

Tarnished Coast Engineer and… general alt-o-holic.

For the toast!

Posted by: Mercail.3692

Mercail.3692

Just like the title says. It started happening after this recent build on Friday. The first time it happened was 8 min after WvW reset (which was an hour late). I sat at loading screen after clicking on the waypoint for about 5 min knowing that there would be a 4+ hour queue to get back into the zone. Every consecutive time after that it has happened in sPvP when trying to raise postmortem. I can hear combat and game sounds when this happens and the only option I am left with is alt f4.

I found this thread from a month ago that was closed because the issue was supposedly resolved.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/endless-loading-screen-in-spvp-MERGED/page/4

Posted by: Celly.5912

Celly.5912

Still very relevant. I’m hearing this from a lot of people and it has lost us many tournaments because it makes have to 4v5 or even 3v5 for a few minutes. It’s happened to me only once but happens a lot to many friends.

[PunK]
Far Shiverpeaks
twitch.tv/awsmcelly

Anjuhal.1295

Can we expect a fix soon? This is so frustrating…

Posted by: Slan.5496

Slan.5496

Just had two in a row, both on legacy of foefire.

Posted by: Caino.7130

Caino.7130

Yup. Got 2 weeks leave just as this bug started…got another week left. Any chance i will be able to enjoy this game before i have to go back to work?
An ETA on the fix would be nice.

rank 500+ Piken / Rank 60 PvP
Warrior – Teined
Guardian – Nomoreroomformyname

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Really bad lag this morning … zoning takes 3-5 minutes and maps are slow to load. My graphics load incredibly slowly that sometimes can’t even see my body after I zone.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

Posted by: itsshortstuff.7148

itsshortstuff.7148

I was loading my instance for personal story line quest “Doubt” and it froze there, no loading icon in bottom right corner. Only the second time this has happened, first was during the lost shores, but that’s different.

Skarrah Steelshield | Jik Jik | Miss Hayate | Wyntress
[FUNK] – Over The Hills And Far Away
Tarnished Coast… TOAST <3

Posted by: Mercail.3692

Mercail.3692

Anyone else having this problem? 2 of my team mates had this issue on the same tournament game and caused us to loose a winning match. Bump for visibility.

Posted by: Ridiculous.5203

Ridiculous.5203

I have this problem too, playing on Ring of Fire EU-server, really annoying. All I can do is shut-down Guildwars via ctrl/alt/del.

Live from the Netherlands

Posted by: vydul.3726

vydul.3726

I have this problem too…