Endless loading screens are BACK! [Merged threads]

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Chief Pacabowl.9856

Chief Pacabowl.9856

This has been happening to me all the time. It happens to me in pretty much every tourny match, and about 1/4 of my spvp matches. Makes me not even want to play this game anymore its so annoying. This should have been fixed by now.

Posted by: krynnus.7815

krynnus.7815

This happens to me on a daily basis. Very annoying to have to shut down the game in the middle of a match in order to get out of the loading screen.

Posted by: Shroom Mage.9410

Shroom Mage.9410

Why do they even HAVE a loading screen during matches? The PvP maps are not very big. Adjust something to prevent it from loading during a match. I can’t think of any other game that reloads the map every time you die.

“Be who you are and say what you feel
because those who mind don’t matter
and those who matter don’t mind.” -Dr. Seuss

Posted by: Cebelius.6742

Cebelius.6742

I don’t know if this is the same issue; but I tried to enter a storyline mission and the game hung on loading (+5 minutes) Had to close via program manager and reload. Wound up rebooting as well, but now every time I try and enter the game it hangs on the loading screen to Kessex Hills. THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH PVP. Little help would be nice.

Attachments:

Posted by: leonardo.8547

leonardo.8547

Yes, it’s so disappointing but the endless loading screens are back, I’m getting one on every pvp game. I literally can’t die or else I am out. So annoying

Posted by: Brutalistik.6473

Brutalistik.6473

I guess its going to be a week or so for this to be done… oh well.

Pineapples

Posted by: MistyMountains.3751

MistyMountains.3751

Seriously has been happening more and more lately…i die, click to rez…and get stuck in a load screen…why not fix all the bugs that people have been reporting since beta instead of pushing out crap content?…k thanks

Posted by: AgA.4153

AgA.4153

happened to me once. stuck in a load screen until the next map/game. i did get the glory from the match though.

Posted by: Menzies The Heretic.3415

Menzies The Heretic.3415

When you are killed you just respawn at your base. But somtimes its too far to load in an instant. But when I get the loading screen it just sticks on it.

I can still hear the fighting sounds playing on the backgroud (probably at the location where I was killed). But it won’t load anything.

* Twitch – Mênzîes – Mesmer pvp
* YouTube – Fun, guides and gameplay

Posted by: Suzu.4193

Suzu.4193

Still going strong ….. any eta on fix?

Posted by: JFaradey.8751

JFaradey.8751

This bug happens to me way to often, I rarely die but every fourth or fifth death results in alt-f4, unplayable.

Posted by: Flashbang.6835

Flashbang.6835

I’m currently experiencing the same problem. I’d love to get it fixed.

Posted by: GrayFox.5697

GrayFox.5697

in one week i’ve got 3 chars stuck on the loading screen !
i cant log them because the game crashs and i have to use task manager to close the game. fix this ASAP please

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

Ever since the Lost Shores went live I am getting frequent disconnects at loading screens. When I use a WP in the same map there is a good chance that if I get a loading screen, I will be disconnected. When I start up a personal story instance, the same thing. This problem also happens when zoning from one map to another or just logging into a character. The game will disconnect me, it will claim it’s a router/ISP/other problem despite none of that changing since launch and yet none of these things were giving me problems until this last week.

Sometimes when trying to log back in (it will restart the game for me when I am disconnected) I get the message; the server could not authenticate your credentials, alternating with the router/ISP message. Eventually after enough tries (or just a lucky one) I am able to log back in. I still fear zoning or using waypoints because I know my game has a good chance to disconnect me during the loading screen.

The message when disconnected is:

Network error. The inability to connect to Guild Wars 2 may be caused by Internet routing issues or a server network failure.

If the problem persists, please visit our support website. (Code=5:11:3:157:101)

When logging in I also get the message:
The game client was unable to connect to the log-in server. Please restart your client and try again.

EDIT: I’d just like to point out, my issue is different from an endless loading screen, I am getting disconnected at loading screens. I’ve had endless loading screens as well and they are different from this issue. My post was merged into this one. I just want to be clear I am getting disconnected, not stuck on a loading screen.

(edited by Shiren.9532)

Posted by: Svinjska Noga.5632

Svinjska Noga.5632

I have this problem, from time to time, while playing PvP match. After I click to return to WP when I’m dead, I get stuck in loading screen which last until the new match or disconnect me due to long inactivity. It looks like I am still in the match but game won’t bring the loading screen down.

Posted by: KatiesAura.5928

KatiesAura.5928

I play only spvp atm, because dont like the things about new patch for pve, like new gear and things… well, said that its getting very frustrating the fact that you have to alt+f4 every 2 games from a week… ye 1 week of this bug and anet hasnt fixed it yet.. there are ppl who do only spvp and thay cant actually play wake up Anet you are losing players and Gw2 will never be a major game because of U

just be patient theres alot of other fixes they need to do aswell the screen are slow yes but not worth quitting the game for sometimes i wait up to 15 mins to load but i dont mind because at the end of the day i know it will get fixed

I may be your guardian angel but I don’t have the ability to walk through walls

Posted by: Slan.5496

Slan.5496

This is ridiculous. People have been patient. If you , like me, bought this game to pvp—it means the product you purchased does not work. If a household appliance stopped working persistently, even after it had been repaired at least once, an ordinary person would take it back to the store and never purchase from that manufacturer again.

Nothing sucks more than being in a close match and then getting locked out near the end. Also with the constant imbalance in spvp matches you’ve got to wonder how many peope are experiencing this at a given time.

I think I’ve had it 3 times so far today.

Posted by: Jason King.2647

Previous

Jason King.2647

Live Response Embed

Next

As Eva mentioned earlier, we’re working to fix this issue. To assist us in doing so, we’d like to try and identify commonalities between everyone experiencing this.

For starters, what race, gender, and profession are you? Which server are you on?

Here’s what I’m getting from what’s been reported so far:

• Occurs in PvE, PvP, and WvW, but encountered most frequently in PvP due to how often players reload the same zone.
  • Occurs when reloading into the current zone and not or when entering a new zone.

Additionally, if there are any steps you can take to consistently reproduce this issue, please let us know as it would help us to identify the root of the problem. Thank you for your patience and understanding!

ArenaNet Community Team
Live Response Embed

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: Vexrm.6134

Vexrm.6134

It’s easy enough. Take a waypoint from one end of the zone to the other a few times or recall to spawn in WvW. In under 10 recalls you should hit the issue.

Posted by: Aspeon.3520

Aspeon.3520

I saw this in PvE during the Ancient Karka event. Tried to waypoint back to the Karka Camp after my overflow wiped, and got stuck in load screen for 5+ minutes before I relogged.

Female Asura thief on Blackgate (but was on an overflow at the time)

Posted by: Anjuhal.1295

Anjuhal.1295

This happened most often on my female human warrior in pvp (tourneys and hot join).

I seem to get these endless loading screens in clusters. I get two or three in a short period of time. After that I usually ragequit and a couple of hours later I can play just fine for a while.

I wasn’t able to reproduce this.

Riverside [DE]

Posted by: Lailendil.1540

Lailendil.1540

That bug has been going on for days! Leave PvE alone and have a look! We did buy the game like everybody else.

I can’t beleive I’m getting mad over a game but this has clearly been going on way too long.

Posted by: Ratsoori.9108

Ratsoori.9108

Still happening for me also pretty often. It gets stuck in random map, I think I got it in every single PvP map now. Happened for me even while volunteering for other team which was not very nice thing. Also it happened few times just when the game first started so I got kicked from the game due inactivity which sucked.

I’m playing human ranger in Far Shiverpeaks server. My friend also had the same problem while he was playing human engineer in Piken Square server

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

My issue is not endless loading screen, it’s disconnecting me form the game during the loading screen. This happens across all my characters of different races and in a variety of WP use (or when logging in). Details are in my post.

Posted by: Caprila.4951

Caprila.4951

Strangely, the only times I have ever encountered an eternal loading screen, is about trying to enter the EB jump puzzle.

It never occurs between waypoints, changing from pve to pvp etc.. .just entering the mystic portal, about 1 in 3 times.

Doesn’t seem to matter what character I’m on, happens to all of them. But to be specific.

I’m on Whiteside Ridge, and I use a human necro, a human engineer and an asura ele. All female.

Posted by: ReverendChan.8467

ReverendChan.8467

Female Human Thief Blackgate

This issue has been horrible for the past few days in PvP. Has made it unplayable in some situations for me and my buddy. He was on Female Sylvari Necro same server. :/

Most Adorable Na [chan]
Cutest Necro of Aspenwood

Posted by: Didji.4973

Didji.4973

As for me, it happened a few times, but recently, it was on Sunday during the Ancient Karka event. I died and tried to TP to a waypoint but was stuck on loading screen.

The other recent occasion, for which I can provide a little more details, happened on Tuesday, around midnight (CET), during a PvP session (server is Fort Ranik [FR]). I was playing on the Raid on the Capricorn map and died while trying to hold the beach point. After a few secs, I wanted to rez and ended up stuck during loading screen.

It becomes more intersting now, as I waited for the game either to disconnect me completly or to complete loading. In the end, the former happened, I got an error message (something along the lines of “Client unable to access server”) and I was expecting the “choose your character” screen to load. That half-happened, here’s what I got (see first attachment). The icons at the bottom of the screen and the info text on the left are correct, but insted of displaying my character, I got this water-like background in black&white. No matter where I clicked, it wouldn’t disappear.

So in the end, I clicked “Play” with the same character I was using before this happened and I loaded the Heart of the Mists, which is quite normal, as I was disconnected during a PvP game. However, the loading time was unusally long (> 5 minutes) and, as I was wandering, checking whether everything was O.K, I got messages telling me “X is unstoppable” or “They took the beach” (see second attachment). While I was not in the game anymore, but in the Heart, doing absolutely nothing. It lasted for a few minutes and when it stopped, I resumed playing.

After that, I got two or three unusally long loading screens (5 minutes were gone in the match when I was appearing) and everything went back to normal little by little.

If you need more precisions, I could tell you a little more I remember.
Hope this helps.

P.S : My character at that time was a male Norn Guardian.

Attachments:

Za Imuts – aZm
Fort Ranik [FR]

Posted by: Brutalistik.6473

Brutalistik.6473

Whatever causing the issue and it could be the way points. Just take it out or find something in it’s replacement so this issue won’t occur anymore.

Pineapples

Posted by: dom.2748

dom.2748

Can hardly go a single match without this happening now. Is this not priority?

Posted by: Ceemo.7431

Ceemo.7431

Human
Male
Guardian
Ring of fire

andless loading screen after using the wp to ress in spvp

Posted by: FrozenBubble.8732

FrozenBubble.8732

Asura Necro Isle of Janthir. Usually endless loading screen after using wp in pvp.

Posted by: glennyrd.1308

glennyrd.1308

Just happened to me in Battle of Khylo after respawning. I can hear everything, but endless loading screen is endless.

Posted by: KatiesAura.5928

KatiesAura.5928

slow loading across all race and professions all of which are female, doesnt seem to matter which area im in or if im in an overflow it seems to take anwhere between 2and 15 mins to load into area sometimes im even disconnected to chractor selecrt for inactivity aswell

I may be your guardian angel but I don’t have the ability to walk through walls

Posted by: chalwa.9783

chalwa.9783

pls fix that, stop focusing on kitten pve issues

Posted by: Winderly.2718

Winderly.2718

Might try turning off any background streaming you have. I noticed a similar bug preventing me from getting into the Eternal Battlegrounds puzzle, and the solution was to turn off my streaming music. Once I loaded into the zone I could turn it back on.

One guildy also had problems when Mumble was turned on. Worth a shot, at least.

Why in hell would a video game force me to disable other (and unrelated) software to play ?
I can’t find any reason.

Posted by: Avatara.1042

Is it related to zones being queued, and someone taking your place when you zone? Seemed that way for me when I got stuck in a Lost Shores queue, and the multiple times I got stuck loading into the Eternal Battleground jumping puzzle.

Posted by: Ceemo.7431

Ceemo.7431

4/5 games bugged this evening

5/7 now… never been so frequent

7/9 no more playable

(edited by Ceemo.7431)

GrayFox.5697

so, i was stuck on a loading screen, i couldn’t play and i had to use task manager to force the game to close, then i’ve made a backup of the gw2.dat file and it worked, i was able to pass the loading screen once again. The problem was that i only played for 5min then the game crashed again, and after close game and re open it , BAM stuck again on the loading screen…..

Human
Female
Isle of Janthir
Stuck on Black citadel loading screen

Posted by: SharedProphet.9324

SharedProphet.9324

My game got stuck on loading into The Grove with two different characters over the Lost Shores weekend. I had to kill the game process and log back in, and once when I did it, the game couldn’t decide if I was in The Grove or Caledon Forest and the loading screens kept switching back and forth between them until it eventually settled on The Grove. Pretty sure I had it happen for Black Citadel once also.

GrayFox.5697

My game got stuck on loading into The Grove with two different characters over the Lost Shores weekend. I had to kill the game process and log back in, and once when I did it, the game couldn’t decide if I was in The Grove or Caledon Forest and the loading screens kept switching back and forth between them until it eventually settled on The Grove. Pretty sure I had it happen for Black Citadel once also.

yes, i had another char stucked at the grove loading screen, but i deleted him cause i thought i couldnt play with it again…. this is sad, very very sad :/

Posted by: MrBufu.8493

MrBufu.8493

Keeps happening to me:
Jade Quarry / Asura / Mesmer / Happens in PvP and PvE (I dont wvw)

ONE important thing i found and could be key is that:
when i die in pvp, i get the respawn option instantly.
^Look into that!!!

Previous

Jason King.2647

Live Response Embed

Next

[Removed] This information is no longer needed. Thank you to everyone who provided a .log file!

Attachments:

ArenaNet Community Team
Live Response Embed

(edited by Jason King.2647)

Posted by: SharedProphet.9324

SharedProphet.9324

Is the log only created when the client exits normally? For my situation that setting probably wouldn’t help get a log file, since I had to kill the process from Task Manager (well, Process Explorer is what I use instead of Task Manager, but still). You can’t exit normally from a loading screen…

(edited by SharedProphet.9324)

Posted by: Edge.4180

Edge.4180

As Eva mentioned earlier, we’re working to fix this issue. To assist us in doing so, we’d like to try and identify commonalities between everyone experiencing this.

For starters, what race, gender, and profession are you? Which server are you on?

Here’s what I’m getting from what’s been reported so far:

• Occurs in PvE, PvP, and WvW, but encountered most frequently in PvP due to how often players reload the same zone.
  • Occurs when reloading into the current zone and not when entering a new zone.

That last line doesn’t seem to be accurate. I just launched the game for the first time today, chose a male human character parked in Metrica Province (Tarnished Coast), and became stuck in an endless loading screen for that zone. Had to alt-tab out and kill the task. I wasn’t “reloading” the zone.

GrayFox.5697

Is the log only created when the client exits normally? For my situation that setting probably wouldn’t help get a log file, since I had to kill the process from Task Manager (well, Process Explorer is what I use instead of Task Manager, but still). You can’t exit normally from a loading screen…

same here :/

Posted by: BrokenDecoy.9047

BrokenDecoy.9047

I have seen the endless loading screen every night that I have played since the last patch. It has happened on everyone of my characters, even the new ones I have created. Depending on how many times I need to re-spawn, I rarely make it all the way through a match because of this. It has made me look to other games for the time being, so I just hopped on to try to do this log thing for you guys. Hope I did it right!

Attachments:

Previous

Jason King.2647

Live Response Embed

Next

I have seen the endless loading screen every night that I have played since the last patch. It has happened on everyone of my characters, even the new ones I have created. Depending on how many times I need to re-spawn, I rarely make it all the way through a match because of this. It has made me look to other games for the time being, so I just hopped on to try to do this log thing for you guys. Hope I did it right!

Thanks for the .log file!

We’re still working on figuring out exactly what’s causing this issue, but we won’t need any more of these. I will continue to update as more information comes in.

ArenaNet Community Team
Live Response Embed

Posted by: Slan.5496

Slan.5496

Just had two in a row. I play a human female thief and a human female engineer.

Posted by: roguenub.1409

roguenub.1409

This has happening alot lately in sPvP for me too. I don’t get why the map has to load after you die and go to the waypoint anyway. This never was the case for gw1 =(

Posted by: thewho.5841

thewho.5841

It has been irritating me lately. I cannot normally participate in tournaments since 1 of 3 maps I mostly will be stick in loading screen. In hot-joins it is even worse. It troubles me on every map.

However I have noticed that it appears by waves. At least for me.