Engineer - Toss elixir effects not working.

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Halcyon.7352

Halcyon.7352

Toss elixir effects, including boons, no longer affect/prioritize self unless in a party.

I’ve submitted a thread on this previously with more information, but I just now found out that this applies to all tossed elixirs, not just Toss Elixir B.

Here’s a video of this incredibly easily reproducible bug: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufQeXTju_Ww

Stand in a group of 5 players. (No party). Toss elixir at feet. It’s COMPLETELY RANDOM if you’ll be one of those five affected.

This applies to all elixir effects including HGH might boon on toss not applying to self, as others take priority for whatever reason.

In the latter part of the video, I’m at a Golem MK II in which I am never able to give myself stability the entire fight. It fails to apply to myself, going instead to other players. Every time I do get stability, it’s not from my Elixir B toss, as you can tell from the hover over ‘Source:<playername>’, as well as the shorter duration.

Considering that an Elixir is the engineer’s only reliable form of stability, this is rather game-breaking.

Tarnished Coast Engineer and… general alt-o-holic.

For the toast!

Halcyon.7352

Still broken with today’s release and patches.

For the toast!

Halcyon.7352

New patch, same story.

Still can’t buff self without party, outside of sheer and complete random luck.

For the toast!

Posted by: cheshader.5081

cheshader.5081

In the latter part of the video, I’m at a Golem MK II in which I am never able to give myself stability the entire fight. It fails to apply to myself, going instead to other players. Every time I do get stability, it’s not from my Elixir B toss, as you can tell from the hover over ‘Source:<playername>’, as well as the shorter duration.

Mouseclick the toolbelt skill instead of using F* buttons, it will target the surface you’re actually standing on centering on you instead of whatever the green circles decide they are targeting.

Halcyon.7352

Mouseclick the toolbelt skill instead of using F* buttons, it will target the surface you’re actually standing on centering on you instead of whatever the green circles decide they are targeting.

It does not make any difference. I toss the elixir at my feet every single time, and I still do not get the boons.

That also depends on what setting you have for Ground Targeting – I personally use fast with ground targeting – again, this has no bearing on the fact that the effects simply do not work because they are given to other people over yourself

Try it yourself – Stand in a group of more than 6 targets, toss at feet. It’s pure luck if you get the boons, rather than prioritizing yourself as it used to. (Without a party)

For the toast!

(edited by Halcyon.7352)

Halcyon.7352

Bump.

Another patch, still can’t give myself stability reliably.

Even after a stability rework patch

This is a bit silly.

For the toast!