Estate of decay...stuck.

Estate of decay...stuck.

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Rook.8102

Rook.8102

Hello, just wanted to say that I’m having issues with the personal story questline: Estate of Decay. It is located in Malchor’s Leap, and requires the player to go to a certain individuals manor. Upon entering, the host of the manor welcomes the party members then leaves. After that there is nothing to do; the doors are locked, the servants repeat the same dialogue and there seems to be no way to advance. I’ve tried attempting to see if it required jumping through a puzzle like vistas.

Unless I am missing something completely, I do not think there is a way to advance, I’ve tried nearly everything. Backtracking, jumping, etc.

Would love to see this fixed sometime soon so I could finish the epic story.

Thank you,
Rook

Estate of decay...stuck.

Posted by: Jason King.2647

Jason King.2647

Live Response Embed

Next

Hello, just wanted to say that I’m having issues with the personal story questline: Estate of Decay. It is located in Malchor’s Leap, and requires the player to go to a certain individuals manor. Upon entering, the host of the manor welcomes the party members then leaves. After that there is nothing to do; the doors are locked, the servants repeat the same dialogue and there seems to be no way to advance. I’ve tried attempting to see if it required jumping through a puzzle like vistas.

I asked one of the designers about this, and the story should progress when you open one of the closed doors in the mansion. Could you check and see if there’s a door you may have missed? If not, please let us know! Thanks!

ArenaNet Community Team
Live Response Embed

Estate of decay...stuck.

Rook.8102

I tried running through the questline again and found it still was not working, I can enter the building from the front door just fine, but after the show presented by the NPC’s I cannot open the second door.

I uploaded a video on youtube demonstrating what happens: http://youtu.be/JKsGss5ZyoY

Here is a screenshot of me attempting to open the door inside the buliding.

Attachments:

(edited by Rook.8102)

Estate of decay...stuck.

Posted by: Subzero.2583

Subzero.2583

Got mine to work, keep trying, opening that door, doesnt work reload the level.

Estate of decay...stuck.

Rook.8102

Did you do anything special? Like waiting without moving until they all went to the next room? Mine hasn’t worked after resetting, and I’ve tried making it work 10-20 times already.

Estate of decay...stuck.

Rook.8102

I just tried it again and it worked. Not sure if the patch update fixed it, or for some reason it just started working for me.

It might have been because of the fact that I Right-Clicked the door instead of pressing ‘F’ but I’m not too sure. I may have been pressing ‘F’ the whole time the other times I’ve been trying the quest.

It works though now. Thanks.

Estate of decay...stuck.

Posted by: Qubu.4986

Qubu.4986

Samge bug here – Fix this please ..

Estate of decay...stuck.

Posted by: Vulpic Mage.1063

Vulpic Mage.1063

Rank 77
Sylvari Guardian
Order of Whispers
Personal story – Estate of Decay

Start the personal story, can fight the small mobs of bulls and chickens outside the main door. Enter in, see the dialogue scene with Lord Kitah and the nobles who then disappear off through a door up the steps and then to the left.
Main door becomes locked so you cant exit; the door the nobles vanished through cant be opened. There is a press F to open door, but nothing happens. No friendly NPCs help and the servants only offer the same dialogue (which is alluded to in the responses)

Help please!

(edited by Vulpic Mage.1063)

Estate of decay...stuck.

Posted by: Exigo.4318

Exigo.4318

Hello,

Im stuck, and ive been stuck on the story quest ’Estate of Decay – Enter Kitah Manse and find the scouting party ’ for some days now.
When i enter the building Lord Kitah gives his little speech and then leaves the room, leaving me behind with his servants that says the same line over and over again.
I have tried to restart it several times but with no difference, nothing happens after the speech.
Ive had this issue since lv77 and im now 80, playing as a Human Guardian.

Update 7/9
Managed to complete it.

(edited by Exigo.4318)

Estate of decay...stuck.

Posted by: Moltar.3692

Moltar.3692

Stuck behind pillar fighting mouth of Zhaitan. Can not move forward, back, right, left, jump, or evade. Am not under the effects of any attacks. Was hopping out from behind pillar to fire, then hopping back behind pillar to dodge attacks. Fight is still going on, I just can not move.

Estate of decay...stuck.

Posted by: Thysoliai.2859

Thysoliai.2859

In the quest Estate of Decay upon entering the Manse I could not progress past the first door. No matter what I did it would not open, I retried and restarted the quest at least three times, tried dropping group and doing it solo. I tried waiting in the main area until the NPCs in the room initially ran out, but nothing happened.

Please help me progress on this quest, me and a friend are both equally stuck at this point.

Edit – Look bellow for a ‘possible solution’

Attachments:

(edited by Thysoliai.2859)

Estate of decay...stuck.

Posted by: StoutYeoman.8274

StoutYeoman.8274

I experience the same issue. Apparently a thread was started on this last month as well. This is a big one, since it pretty much killed the game for me for tonight and is making it impossible to finish my personal storyline.

Estate of decay...stuck.

Posted by: Haze.1734

Haze.1734

My friend and I encountered this bug tonight. We reset and retried about 7 times each. I gave up but he kept at it and found out if you spam “F” real fast and jump all over the stuck door the event will eventually trigger. It worked for both of us. Hope this helps anyone else that runs into the bug.

Estate of decay...stuck.

Posted by: cryosin.1520

cryosin.1520

I can confirm that Haze’s fix does work. I was also encountering the bugged doorway, resetting multiple times. After reading Haze’s fix, I was able to proceed with the Estate of Decay story.

Estate of decay...stuck.

Posted by: Fitz.8271

Fitz.8271

Same for me. The lord does his speech, walks to the door, and phases out of existence. And then we’re stuck. Fix it please :/

Estate of decay...stuck.

Posted by: sogekii.2586

sogekii.2586

This happened to me now. Another thread says that if you jump and spam the F (or use) key it’ll eventually work. Just go crazy in front of the door. It worked for me. I tried this and eventually triggered the next events.

Still needs to be fixed though.

One shot… One kill…
Sogekii Hei [DiE] [APM] [TNO]

Estate of decay...stuck.

Posted by: Thysoliai.2859

Thysoliai.2859

Addendum to my first post. We were able to find a…work around of sorts.
Basically, my boyfriend hopped around the door while slamming the interact key until something hit and it progressed the quest, expect to do this a bit and go a bit crazy.
Also, you will need to do this twice to properly transition to the next room.

Basically, exactly what PrecisioNist said, but I didn’t see it at the time

Estate of decay...stuck.

Posted by: Zakail.9238

Zakail.9238

Yeah, you need to do what Haze said. This fix worked for me as well to fix the same problem.

Thanks a ton man, that quest was really pissing me off and if not for your fix i probably would have dropped the game for the night.

Estate of decay...stuck.

Posted by: Euthorix.8342

Euthorix.8342

Grr. I’m having same problem, I’ll see if spamming f works, I managed to get myself stuck in the very corner of the room.

Estate of decay...stuck.

Posted by: Euthorix.8342

Euthorix.8342

Yeah, spamming the crap outta ‘f’ worked great. Good luck.

Estate of decay...stuck.

Posted by: ManiumX.4735

ManiumX.4735

Just chiming in to say I experienced the same bug. Haven’t tried the jump/f spam yet though.

Regardless, I submitted a bug report with screenshot hopefully Anet can fix this quickly.

Estate of decay...stuck.

Posted by: Fitz.8271

Fitz.8271

Update for me – altabbing out and back in, and then spamming F worked as well.

Happened once more while in there, but eventually got through the quest.

Estate of decay...stuck.

Posted by: dutchusuk.2801

dutchusuk.2801

same problem on the Far Shiverpeaks server, you can jump over the door but this also don’t solve the problem.

Euc Alypta – Necromancer – Dynasty Warriors / The Northern Assembly – DW / TNA
Far Shiverpeaks

(edited by dutchusuk.2801)

Estate of decay...stuck.

Vulpic Mage.1063

Forgot to add server, Fissure of Woe.

Estate of decay...stuck.

Posted by: avan.2803

avan.2803

Same problem on Henge of Denravi. lvl 75 asuran mesmer if that matters…

Estate of decay...stuck.

Posted by: Zandiya.8475

Zandiya.8475

Likewise on Stormbluff Isle.

Door will not open when you interact with it.

Estate of decay...stuck.

Posted by: Ninja Ottsel.1496

Ninja Ottsel.1496

Same problem on Desolation. Re-entered the instance multiple times, nothing changes.

Estate of decay...stuck.

Posted by: Zandiya.8475

Zandiya.8475

I believe I may have found a temporary solution to this problem (until it gets fixed).
I tested this three times and it worked every time.

After the speech by Lord Kitah, jump up on top of the door that wont open and interact with it from there.

You will get a message saying that the door will not budge and some Risen will spawn in that first room.

After defeating them jump back on top of the door and you can get it to open and continue with the mission.

Attachments:

Estate of decay...stuck.

Posted by: Amrah.2618

Amrah.2618

Thanks for the workaround, it got me through!

Estate of decay...stuck.

Vulpic Mage.1063

Completed the mission using that workaround. Thanks

Estate of decay...stuck.

Posted by: dognosh.6327

dognosh.6327

same here on ring of fire, thanks zandiya for the workaround

Estate of decay...stuck.

Posted by: Aniaden.3581

Aniaden.3581

Ty! that got me through!

Estate of decay...stuck.

Posted by: Lane.4907

Lane.4907

Same problem here … Look like its general. Hopefully this fix work perfectly thanks.

( have seen too 1 times after kill the first mobs outside, the dialog between the 2 chars was not starting before and so it was even impossible to enter the Presbyter ).

In addition the AI characters on your team are nicely bugged ( go in wall, dont enter next room, dont attack enemy etc ) .

Estate of decay...stuck.

Posted by: Jeffrey Vaughn

Previous

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

Next

I’ve asked a programmer to look at this, sounds like the 10/8 update broke something.

Estate of decay...stuck.

Posted by: lipao.5874

lipao.5874

The second door doesn’t open in Mac client. When I came near the door I see the message “open[f]” but nothing happen when I hit “F”

Estate of decay...stuck.

Previous

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

Next

Estate of decay...stuck.

Posted by: Zokkar.6820

Zokkar.6820

I am currently facing this bug as well.
Though, it went smoothly when I did it on my 1st character about 1month ago.
Is anyone looking into it?

Estate of decay...stuck.

Previous

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

Next

Estate of decay...stuck.

Posted by: NeHoMaR.9812

NeHoMaR.9812

The door cannot be opened normally as intended, is not reachable if you are just standing normally in front of it.

BTW, all the NPCs that are helping you killing “that guy” die in 3 seconds, and you must kill it solo, that could be hard, I just abandoned the mission, trying later.

Estate of decay...stuck.

Posted by: Pipra.7580

Pipra.7580

I’m hitting this bug now too. Total bummer. This was after hitting two bugged Events on the way to this quest. What the heck happened to QA ArenaNet?

Estate of decay...stuck.

Posted by: pulsecodesgnl.3470

pulsecodesgnl.3470

The problem is the trigger range. Something changed, I completed this just fine on my first character, but on this new one I was having problems. To resolve it I set auto-run and kept running into the concave area of the door and mashed F repeatedly, finally I got a prompt to appear which triggered the next sequence. You will have to do the same thing again once you get past the first wave of zombies.

(Again, basically what needs to be fixed is the range at which you can actually get the door events to trigger)

Hopefully this helps anyone currently trying the quest.

Voxtr | Svell | Kvikr | Svass | Sundr | Naud | Kvedja | Traust
Sorrow’s Furnace – Commander/Officer
Kabal of the Righteous [Seed]

Estate of decay...stuck.

Posted by: Pannadharo.2948

Pannadharo.2948

Thank you all for your insights and work-arounds. I was able to get into this particular story-line successfully after reading these posts.

Estate of decay...stuck.

Posted by: Jack.4360

Jack.4360

I enter the personal storyline, do the first part, enter the first door then listen to Lord Kitah’s speech. Kitah exits through the second door but the door will not open for me when I press “F”

Lorien Quickbeam, level 78 Mesmer.

Equinox Ecliptic [NOX]
Gunnar’s Hold

Estate of decay...stuck.

Previous

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

Next

Estate of decay...stuck.

Posted by: GIGO.7591

GIGO.7591

Well the last door is bugged also, if you die from the mouth and try to continue from the last checkpoint – you just can’t open the door for the basement. Rly nice!

Estate of decay...stuck.

Posted by: pulsecodesgnl.3470

pulsecodesgnl.3470

Jack, please read my earlier post. It will address how to resolve that. GIGO, to open the final door you need to wait for all the NPC’s to catch up with you. Make sure they are alive.

Voxtr | Svell | Kvikr | Svass | Sundr | Naud | Kvedja | Traust
Sorrow’s Furnace – Commander/Officer
Kabal of the Righteous [Seed]

Estate of decay...stuck.

Posted by: FizzyMyNizzy.1092

FizzyMyNizzy.1092

I just beat that using the door trick. Thx for the info. Tho, I did watch the youtube video on it first.. but it is all good. =D

Estate of decay...stuck.

Posted by: Melocity.1472

Melocity.1472

We ran into this same bug and I can confirm the press against the door thing works. Took a few minutes with two of us trying but finally it worked. It might have been just to the right of the center of the door that I got it.

Estate of decay...stuck.

Posted by: Evolution.1758

Evolution.1758

I’m stuck on the story quest Estate of Decay, the door leading further into the manse doesn’t open, neither does the front door, The only way to leave is to log out and back into the game, but I’d really like to be able to finish my personal story!

Estate of decay...stuck.

Previous

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

Next

Content Designer

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/story/Estate-of-Decay-Enter-and-find-the-Scouting-Party/374430

TL;DR Known issue, it’s being investigated. No ETA on a fix. Workaround: climb around to the TOP of the door, it will let you interact frpm the top.