FPS DROP after Patch

FPS DROP after Patch

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Purecura.1795

Purecura.1795

So does that mean that they don’t acknowledge the problem? Or take it serious at all.

That’s how it’s starting to seem, I read on one post that someone posted something on the guild wars 2 facebook page regarding the fps issue and it got removed O.O, it would be nice if they could just let us know there aware of the issue..this has to be a major knock in PR for arena net..

SMH wowwww! This is getting ridiculous!

Lv.80 Chronomancer (Mesmerist Palamecia)
Lv.80 Scrapper (Alchemist Persenia)
Lv.80 Druid (Mender Zalintyre)

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: LordAdre.8174

LordAdre.8174

So does that mean that they don’t acknowledge the problem? Or take it serious at all.

That’s how it’s starting to seem, I read on one post that someone posted something on the guild wars 2 facebook page regarding the fps issue and it got removed O.O, it would be nice if they could just let us know there aware of the issue..this has to be a major knock in PR for arena net..

I am re installing guildwars2 atm, i will let you know if FPS problem is fixed or not. ( need like 2hrs to finish … xD )

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Noble.2670

Noble.2670

So apparently I was ranting a bit and finally got myself a reply from a staff member who actually took the time to explain WHY ArenaNet is NOT at fault, gonna share it to you, since they don’t seem to find the courage to update everyone who is seeking for help in this thread.

/*
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Pf3rC3Be9n1uW9zKjpnktqyowiLcFb6a6ayKj1OWOHM/edit?usp=sharing
*/

so it seems somebody got a reply, it still dont explain why 90% of people only experienced this after the patch, and why turning the ui returns our fps to normal, none the less i will try the fix that was suggested

Stupid Seven [sM]
my vids: https://tinyurl.com/sevenddelem

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Drizzy.1268

Drizzy.1268

re-installing doesnt do the trick, i guess its a try to buy time/stall ppl? :/

[BNF] – Bitte Nicht Füttern
https://www.youtube.com/user/Drizzlebob

FPS DROP after Patch

LordAdre.8174

re-installing doesnt do the trick, i guess its a try to buy time/stall ppl? :/

I will wait the end of the instalation, if it still not fixed, I will send back a ticket as they asked me to.

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: zaw.6741

zaw.6741

So apparently I was ranting a bit and finally got myself a reply from a staff member who actually took the time to explain WHY ArenaNet is NOT at fault, gonna share it to you, since they don’t seem to find the courage to update everyone who is seeking for help in this thread.

/*
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Pf3rC3Be9n1uW9zKjpnktqyowiLcFb6a6ayKj1OWOHM/edit?usp=sharing
*/

so it seems somebody got a reply, it still dont explain why 90% of people only experienced this after the patch, and why turning the ui returns our fps to normal, none the less i will try the fix that was suggested

this seems more like ping-related problem. i (and many more ppl) dont have ping problems. (mine i about 40-60). its clearly sth with interface code (turning off ui, or just interface makes so huge frame differences)

FPS DROP after Patch

LordAdre.8174

/*
*/

this seems more like ping-related problem. i (and many more ppl) dont have ping problems. (mine i about 40-60). its clearly sth with interface code (turning off ui, or just interface makes so huge frame differences)

Yea I dont hve any ping problem neither my only problem actually is the FPS drop

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

I had terrible FPS after the patch when I first logged on but it’s always cleared up for me if I change resolutions, for example, I switch it from 1920×1080 to windowed, then switch it back to 1920×1080. It’s important to make sure it actually changes resolution (I can’t remember if you have to hit OK to make it change resolution) but doing that fixes my problem. I don’t know if it’ll help anyone else.

Having the highest setting with 1920×1080 or lowest setting with 1024×768 doesnt change any thing for me … I would like to repeat too, I’ve send 1 ticket the 16th after the patch for FPS drop, I still dont have an answer, I reported from IG too, made several posts on french forum, participated on several posts here, whispered 2 GMs on forum, but nothing to do, 0 official answer…

Ah, yeah, my problems cleared up when I changed the resolution (and then changed it back) for me it seems to reset or clear up something when I do that. Sorry it did nothing for your case.

FPS DROP after Patch

Noble.2670

/*
*/

Yea I dont hve any ping problem neither my only problem actually is the FPS drop

yep i have no ping problem either, no matter what i do or change, nothing changes the fps except turning the interface off, im starting to get annoyed and just sen t a ticket myself bringing all the evidence to light that its a issue on there end with there UI and not ours

Stupid Seven [sM]

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Purecura.1795

Purecura.1795

ANET read my OP for sure, however It is to be highly believed they do not have a FIRM answer for us who are still suffering from the FPS drops. I logged in just a few minutes ago, and I still cannot chat with my Guild Mates, I still hear voices coming from nothing around me, and the biggest is the ongoing FPS issue.

Dear Arena Net,

We know you are well aware of this issue, but if you would please lighten the anger and frustration from your loyal customers concerning the major FPS BUG ISSUE due to UI, that would be greatly appreciated.

-Thank you,
Purecura

Lv.80 Chronomancer (Mesmerist Palamecia)
Lv.80 Scrapper (Alchemist Persenia)
Lv.80 Druid (Mender Zalintyre)

FPS DROP after Patch

Noble.2670

ANET read my OP for sure, however It is to be highly believed they do not have a FIRM answer for us who are still suffering from the FPS drops. I logged in just a few minutes ago, and I still cannot chat with my Guild Mates, I still hear voices coming from nothing around me, and the biggest is the ongoing FPS issue.

Dear Arena Net,

We know you are well aware of this issue, but if you would please lighten the anger and frustration from your loyal customers concerning the major FPS BUG ISSUE due to UI, that would be greatly appreciated.

-Thank you,
Purecura

o there is a quick fix to the guild chat issue, go into your friends list and turn yourself invisible, then close the window, go back into it and make yourself online, thats a quick fix until anet decides to actually fix it :L

Stupid Seven [sM]

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Ana.2415

Ana.2415

I’m getting frustrated and angry. It’s obvious they saw this thread and they still don’t wanna give us a response here.

Btw I don’t think that is not ArenaNet’s fault. Our fault coz our ping? My ping goes perfectly. I don’t know why but when I hide the UI my game goes perfect! Is the UI problem our fault too? :o Please.

Anyways.. I’m re-installing Gw2, lest see..

(edited by Ana.2415)

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: LordEnki.9283

LordEnki.9283

Yeah, not my connection. That’s always the first thing I check so I can yell at the cable company, but my connection has been amazing. If they assure us they are reading our posts then that really doesn’t help the feeling of being ignored when they don’t respond. It happened directly after the patch and is resolved for many by removing the UI so yeah… Also the representative kittenponded in the aforementioned post had way more attitude than was necessary in denying fault. That’s really poor customer service.

(edited by LordEnki.9283)

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Deathlike.3986

Deathlike.3986

Standing in the middle of Rata Sum (Accountancy Waypoint):

UI off: 55 FPS
UI on, inventory closed: 39 FPS
UI on, inventory open: 34 FPS

PC specs: Intel i5 4460, AMD Radeon R7 260, 8GB RAM, 1920×1080. All settings on high except shadows, reflections and model limit.

FPS DROP after Patch

Noble.2670

we have a form here with 100+responses reporting the same thing over and over, theres no way arena net can actually think this is a problem on our end and not theres. is there? i guess all of our connections have kittened up at the same time, guys, call your suppliers and get ranting!:L!

Stupid Seven [sM]

(edited by Noble.2670)

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Del.4309

Del.4309

True that haha XD

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Xaevryn.5687

Xaevryn.5687

Yeah apparently directly after the patch all of our Computers decided to malfunction in the same way at the same time. Clearly it is OUR fault.

Like, screw you too Anet. You wanna know what’d soothe all our brows? for a dev to come in here and just say “We kittened up, and we’re working on it.” Like, that’s it.

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Titan.8215

Titan.8215

Support response me that this problem should be fixed, they said that I need to reinstall the game, well… I will do, if someone this fix their fps problem please post here e_e

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: BoundlessBlood.4132

BoundlessBlood.4132

Figured I’d add to the list of people who are taking the time to report this bug we are all facing.

Before patch, on low settings for everything imaginable in graphical settings, I was getting Idle FPS of 31 on average.

Now this is reduced to 14 FPS being idle and dropping to 10 or lower in other situations.

FPS DROP after Patch

Noble.2670

lol! so i just tried changing my resolution and back like previously advised, only to change my resolution to the wrong one and now cant display gw2 on my monitor, but because of that, i cant get in the game to change my resolution so it will change, how do i change it out of the game?:L

Stupid Seven [sM]

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Xaevryn.5687

Xaevryn.5687

lol! so i just tried changing my resolution and back like previously advised, only to change my resolution to the wrong one and now cant display gw2 on my monitor, but because of that, i cant get in the game to change my resolution so it will change, how do i change it out of the game?:L

Reinstall, I think :/

FPS DROP after Patch

Noble.2670

Reinstall, I think :/

fished out my old monitor and managed to change it back so it works on my tv XD!

Stupid Seven [sM]

FPS DROP after Patch

LordEnki.9283

That’s a huge download process to go through on it “should” be fixed when it’s obviously not. If anybody has done this and it has actually fixed the problem then I supposed I’d have no choice. At least we have plenty of other players sharing information. It at least allows us to form a partial picture of what is happening.

FPS DROP after Patch

Noble.2670

That’s a huge download process to go through on it “should” be fixed when it’s obviously not. At least we have plenty of other players sharing information. It at least allows us to form a partial picture of what is happening.

I think from everything that’s been posted we can safely “assume?” That the issue is on there end, and is caused by the ui, now it would be nice if they would just let us know there aware of it, or even better that they are working on it, it’s annoying to see devs posting replys to other bugs but blatantly ignoring this one. And the one reply somebody did get they basically said “it’s not our fault don’t blame us” witch gives me very little hop for a fix.

Stupid Seven [sM]

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Harnel.6810

Harnel.6810

Just finished a reinstallation of the game – No change at all. The UI is still eating my FPS.

FPS DROP after Patch

LordAdre.8174

That’s a huge download process to go through on it “should” be fixed when it’s obviously not. If anybody has done this and it has actually fixed the problem then I supposed I’d have no choice. At least we have plenty of other players sharing information. It at least allows us to form a partial picture of what is happening.

The french support said me the same about the FPS issue, they said that the FPS issue should be fixed by re installing the game ( the SHOULD BE scaring me ). If not I have to send a ticket which is saying the FPS issue isnt fixed by re installing the game.. I don’t like the fact that they are not 100% sure xD

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Harnel.6810

Harnel.6810

Oh, huh. I just moved the game from a high resolution to a lower one and got back about 10 FPS from the 20 I’d lost. It’s not perfect, but at least it’s playable now.

Opening any windows still adversely affects my FPS though.

(edited by Harnel.6810)

FPS DROP after Patch

Noble.2670

The french support said me the same about the FPS issue, they said that the FPS issue should be fixed by re installing the game ( the SHOULD BE scaring me ). If not I have to send a ticket which is saying the FPS issue isnt fixed by re installing the game.. I don’t like the fact that they are not 100% sure xD

I’ve seen 10+ posts where people have done it and it’s changed nothing, so at this point I wouldn’t even bother, I tried using a vpn to reroute my connection and that lowered my ping but changed my fps by a whole 0%, it seems there is nothing we can do but wait for Arena net to get there head out there kitten and fix this, maybe there randomly suprise us and a patch with a fix will come soon, I won’t be getting my hopes up tho. Because you know, why would they fix something that “isn’t a problem on there end” atleast that’s what they seem to think. I’ll give it a few days and if not I’ll be uninstalling to leave it uninstalled xD

Stupid Seven [sM]

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Ana.2415

Ana.2415

I can confirm it. I uninstalled and installed the game again and I still have the FPS problem.

It didn’t fix anything, the game is still unplayable for me. So Anet is wrong, thats not the solution.

FPS DROP after Patch

LordAdre.8174

Well that was sure tbh… When they said “The problem SHOULD BE fixed” I will send an other ticket then

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: ikereid.4637

ikereid.4637

I am 90% sure its the UI element changes. Namely the Experience Bar. The textures that they are using there are much higher quality then other textures in the UI.

I also notice that some windows in the UI now have a ‘ghost’ effect to the right of them (like a transparency that is incomplete, you can see ‘blur’ in the area, so maybe that’s some of the UI FPS issue too?)

I am getting irritated that this issue has not been addressed by the Anet employees, but the HoM issue has been. I would think ‘playability’ would be right up there with something like the HoM bug. They need to respond to one of the FPS threads saying they are aware of this and either have a fix on the way or are working on root causing it. Losing 20-30FPS is making the game unplayable on several machines, and its completely unacceptable.

Desktop: 4790k@4.6ghz-1.25v, AMD 295×2, 32GB 1866CL10 RAM, 850Evo 500GB SSD
Laptop: M6600 – 2720QM, AMD HD6970M, 32GB 1600CL9 RAM, Arc100 480GB SSD

FPS DROP after Patch

Noble.2670

i managed to recieve a response to my ticket, but im not sure if it was automated, because after i writ a paragraph explaining how it couldn’t be my internet connection(because its completely likely 100’s of peoples internet just decided to suck after the patch right?) they asked me to run a test on ym connection and send them it. they disregarded everything i said, such bullkitten

Stupid Seven [sM]

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: joaosequeira.2184

joaosequeira.2184

Did full re-installation this morning in 20 minutes (so i think my internet is pretty good lol) it didn’t change nothing….

FPS DROP after Patch

LordEnki.9283

Thanks guys for getting back about the re-install. I won’t bother wasting any of my download cap for it. I don’t think ignoring the problem will make it go away this time since it’s more than just a bad change or a clipping/ improperly scaled item. It’s a bit bigger than that. Keep hope alive I guess. Personally this experience will make me think deeply about future purchases.

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Titan.8215

Titan.8215

I reinstalled and still the same…
Btw, 3rd update and this principal problem still, its amazing

(edited by Titan.8215)

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: KittyCat.2059

KittyCat.2059

Im at FPS 4-6 now, i play on macair. i find myself jumping across screen too. ill just pressforward an wont see myself move then end up a distance away in a flash. ive had lag an things before but not quite like this:(

FPS DROP after Patch

Drizzy.1268

Yep still the same.
And how can opening the inventory take at least 30% of my fps away, thats plain stupid.

FPS DROP after Patch

LordEnki.9283

Yep, another patch comes and goes with no help…

FPS DROP after Patch

Noble.2670

so i got a reply from the dev after sending what they want off, despite them ignoring my points about ui etc, all he did was tell me my computer was not optimized for this game (witch i already knew) but i still managed to play at 15-20fps witch was fine with me, so that wouldn’t explain what were experiencing as he would have came back with the exact same answer for me if i had sent a ticket before the patch, he did also add this

“Note: Due to potential changes, system requirements may change over time and you may be required to upgrade your current system (or obtain a new system) to continue to play the game.”

so i asked if thats the case and the new patch now means the game requires more to run then it previously did, i am currently waiting on a reply, it would be good if someone with a computer more then capable of running this game would send a ticket and see what kind of reply they get

Stupid Seven [sM]

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Scott.1653

Scott.1653

anet never fixes performance issues, here’s an interview with one of them on the matter https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezVy-zLUq6g

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Del.4309

Del.4309

Yeah that confirmes what I thought then. They basically said this was intended. For the people with high end computers its not that big of a deal. For the people with lower end ones they basically tell you: ‘’Sorry this was all intended so go buy yourself a better computer or stop bugging us.’’
Thank you very much, that was great customer service.

(edited by Del.4309)

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: mimijimi.8537

mimijimi.8537

Yeah that confirmes what I thought then. They basically said this was intended. For the people with high end computers its not that big of a deal. For the people with lower end ones they basically tell you: ‘’Sorry this was all intended so go buy yourself a better computer or stop bugging us.’’

that’s exactly why we don’t stop bugging them untill they fix this mess, i can let alot of thing slide but when they don’t even acknowledge a bug that makes the game virtually unplayable is completely unacceptable

FPS DROP after Patch

Noble.2670

yes, but i still highly doubt this patch has brought in that much of a decrease in fps due to upgrades, the game looks no better and people have been reporting losses of up to a 100fps, they have obviously messed something up, if HoT come out and i couldn’t run it, that would be fine if it was some awesome looking amazing world, kitten i cant even play on some maps like silver wastes etc atm because my computer lags and thats fine with me, i know my computer sucks, but, when a random patch with no noticeable improvement in appearance makes so many people lose so many fps, it isnt acceptable imo.

Stupid Seven [sM]

FPS DROP after Patch

Drizzy.1268

One of my buddies is playing with the built-in intel thing due to a broken gpu and even he has still the same 40-50fps while im down from 60 to under 30fps without any ppl being around.
So cant be that either, esp. the open-inventory eating tons of fps is the best indicator that something is rly wrong.

FPS DROP after Patch

Noble.2670

anet never fixes performance issues, here’s an interview with one of them on the matter https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezVy-zLUq6g

this was one of the funniest things Ive seen for a long while, even more so that he mentioned WTfast, as that’s what a Dev advised me to use today aha, its all so true!

Stupid Seven [sM]

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Guldurwen.5084

Guldurwen.5084

It makes absolute 0 sense that it is our systems that is the issue. If that was the case obviously only a few people would experience a little FPS; but the fact that 90%+ of the population of the game experienced not only a slight performance issue but a massive one. Especially when the FPS comes back up when you hide the UI. There are people with very nice computers that can handle this game no problem before the patch; once the patch released the performance is noticeably there some people dropped 40-50 FPS. There’s something in the UI script obviously messing with the performance of the game. Also; its not just the FPS its the skill lag that also comes with it very hard to play in; and the fact when I change the presets to lowest setting nothing changes; changing the window size etc doesn’t work. I agree with everyone here I honestly never had a problem with Guild Wars 2 up until now. We pay them our money in gems and buy the game and refer this game to other people and we don’t get a reply about at least saying they don’t know or they’re in the process of fixing it. If they don’t address the situation they will lose a very large player community.

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: ikereid.4637

ikereid.4637

Well they are going to fix this one, or they are going to end up losing players. If I cannot play this game on my mobile machines then I have to walk away. I travel A LOT, and its nice to have something to do on my Tablet (Baytrail-T Z3745) or my Laptop (i7-920XM+HD5870M) and not have to worry about taking my desktop(s) around with me.

If they cannot spend the time to fix the UI issues, then that’s that.

But its obviously a UI issue, easily correctable. If they don’t fix it then that just hows how much ANet/NCSoft really cares about its customer base.

Desktop: 4790k@4.6ghz-1.25v, AMD 295×2, 32GB 1866CL10 RAM, 850Evo 500GB SSD
Laptop: M6600 – 2720QM, AMD HD6970M, 32GB 1600CL9 RAM, Arc100 480GB SSD

FPS DROP after Patch

Noble.2670

It makes absolute 0 sense that it is our systems that is the issue. If that was the case obviously only a few people would experience a little FPS; but the fact that 90%+ of the population of the game experienced not only a slight performance issue but a massive one. Especially when the FPS comes back up when you hide the UI. There are people with very nice computers that can handle this game no problem before the patch; once the patch released the performance is noticeably there some people dropped 40-50 FPS. There’s something in the UI script obviously messing with the performance of the game. Also; its not just the FPS its the skill lag that also comes with it very hard to play in; and the fact when I change the presets to lowest setting nothing changes; changing the window size etc doesn’t work. I agree with everyone here I honestly never had a problem with Guild Wars 2 up until now. We pay them our money in gems and buy the game and refer this game to other people and we don’t get a reply about at least saying they don’t know or they’re in the process of fixing it. If they don’t address the situation they will lose a very large player community.

i couldn’t agree with this more, wish anet would agree with it tho and do something about it, if they do not fix this issue i and i know many other people who will uninstall the game, because its simply unplayable. i only log on to rant to my guild about the situation xD

Stupid Seven [sM]

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Knox.3126

Knox.3126

Hope we get a fix to this soon. dropped down from 60fps to 27fps, its making wvw really hard to play

funny thing i also just noticed if i’m running best aperrance or best performance it still runs at the same 27fps

(edited by Knox.3126)

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Guldurwen.5084

Guldurwen.5084

i couldn’t agree with this more, wish anet would agree with it tho and do something about it, if they do not fix this issue i and i know many other people who will uninstall the game, because its simply unplayable. i only log on to rant to my guild about the situation xD

Yes; It’s very unfortunate. I’m a very big fan of this game and have refereed this to a lot of people. It’s very sad seeing and reading the replies that are going out. Granted; I know that bugs can not be fixed quickly but there surely is someone who can relay some sort of update so people aren’t freaking out. Last thing Anet wants to advise people is to upgrade ones system to play their game; or say it’s on our end.