FPS DROP after Patch

FPS DROP after Patch

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Noble.2670

Noble.2670

well i was getting quick replies from this dev, up until i asked if they had upgraded the game in this one single patch and thats the reason for all of this, to witch, he hasnt replied. i personally now feel like they dont know what the issue is or how to fix it, kitten many people have been told so many different things, its like there clutching onto every excuse they can, or maybe its that they dont want to admit they kittened something major up like the script (very likely), if it was that, it would also explain why its taking so long to get a fix, its not really a quick job

Stupid Seven [sM]
my vids: https://tinyurl.com/sevenddelem

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: mimijimi.8537

mimijimi.8537

anet needs to grow a pair and admit that they kittened up

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: LordAdre.8174

LordAdre.8174

Yea they have even made us (at least me ) re installing the game for nothing… thats pretty weird lol

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Guldurwen.5084

Guldurwen.5084

My thoughts is they keep you busy and anticipate the best so we don’t bug them for the 2-3+ hr re download hue hue hue

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Tonicha.5068

Tonicha.5068

50 fps on monday – 30 after patch

30fps today – 20 after last patch

disable UI – 40 fps

cool

FPS DROP after Patch

LordAdre.8174

I reach 90FPS without UI, 15-25 FPS with. and of course they will say its our pc! LOL

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Purecura.1795

Purecura.1795

I find myself hunting for a new MMO, but Its not the same. I love GUILD WARS 2 SO kitten MUCH!!!! Anet C’MON!! Let us know what the hell is going on!!!!

Lv.80 Chronomancer (Mesmerist Palamecia)
Lv.80 Scrapper (Alchemist Persenia)
Lv.80 Druid (Mender Zalintyre)

FPS DROP after Patch

Noble.2670

id tell everyone to write tickets regarding the situation explaining the UI stuff etc, but, i know people who have been banned for doing such things >.>, so i am not advising that >.>. but someone out there must have the perfect internet connection and computer that Anet cant use as an excuse XD!

Stupid Seven [sM]

(edited by Noble.2670)

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Ana.2415

Ana.2415

They just have to READ THIS THREAD to know it’s the KITTEN<3 UI the problem!

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: ikereid.4637

ikereid.4637

Just tested the FPS drop on my i7-4790K@5ghz and Dual 290’s

With the UI, 175 FPS looking at the sky
with out the UI 241 FPS looking at the sky

That is a HUGE drop….

Attachments:

Desktop: 4790k@4.6ghz-1.25v, AMD 295×2, 32GB 1866CL10 RAM, 850Evo 500GB SSD
Laptop: M6600 – 2720QM, AMD HD6970M, 32GB 1600CL9 RAM, Arc100 480GB SSD

FPS DROP after Patch

Noble.2670

That is a HUGE drop….

kitten , massive drop, mind if i use that screenshot as an example if this dev gets back to me? i wish i could reach 60fps on a good day let alone 175-240 ahaha

Stupid Seven [sM]

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

That is a HUGE drop….

How do you get the options box to show up with the UI disabled?

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

FPS DROP after Patch

ikereid.4637

That is a HUGE drop….

kitten , massive drop, mind if i use that screenshot as an example if this dev gets back to me? i wish i could reach 60fps on a good day let alone 175-240 ahaha

I dont mind, anything for them to get this fixed. I might get 100+ on my desktop, but my laptop manage between 40-60FPS on a good day. Right now they barely scrape at 20-25FPS which makes the game jumpy and unplayable IMHO. This needs fixed :-)

FPS DROP after Patch

ikereid.4637

That is a HUGE drop….

How do you get the options box to show up with the UI disabled?

you dont.

hot key the UI hide function, open the options to show your FPS and keep the dialog open then disable the UI and count to 10. As soon as your UI is enabled you will see what the FPS was on the last frame buffer of your GPU before you switched on the UI. with in 3 seconds the FPS will drop to what it is right now with the UI. This is how I am seeing high/low FPS. You can also compare to any util that can read the FPS of your GPU like MSI afterburners Display server…ect.

FPS DROP after Patch

Noble.2670

That is a HUGE drop….

I don’t mind, anything for them to get this fixed. I might get 100+ on my desktop, but my laptop manage between 40-60FPS on a good day. Right now they barely scrape at 20-25FPS which makes the game jumpy and unplayable IMHO. This needs fixed :-)

Ive heard a lot of people say that regarding the 20-25fps, but Ive only ever played this game on 15-20fps and i dose not feel so bad to me, ofc this 5fps im getting now is completely unplayable.

Stupid Seven [sM]

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Tonicha.5068

Tonicha.5068

Looks like we are already beta testing HoT and anet forgot to tell us

FPS DROP after Patch

LordAdre.8174

I ve sent back a ticket to the support ’ as they asked me ) to say them that the FPS issue isnt fixed by re installing the game, I also gave them as much informations as I could to help them to fix this issue, waiting their reply now.

FPS DROP after Patch

Noble.2670

I ve sent back a ticket to the support ’ as they asked me ) to say them that the FPS issue isnt fixed by re installing the game, I also gave them as much informations as I could to help them to fix this issue, waiting their reply now.

let us know what kind of reply you receive, as they are unwilling to answer my questions it seems

Stupid Seven [sM]

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Zakuti.4672

Zakuti.4672

Makes GW2 unplayable for me since the stability patch

FPS DROP after Patch

LordAdre.8174

let us know what kind of reply you receive, as they are unwilling to answer my questions it seems

Yea sure, I just hope they wont reply in 2 days.. as they replied to my 1st ticket ( from 16th ) only today. xD

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: callidus.7085

callidus.7085

FPS Drop here too… after the 3/18 patch. I was fine before… but now I’ll go to any map, no people around me, nothing going on… and my fps literally drops before my eyes. I watch it go from 40 to 10 over the course of 5 minutes.

Slow down and smell the pixels.

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Ayrtonlsp.3945

Ayrtonlsp.3945

They deleted my posts in the Guild Wars 2 fanpage on facebook, they don’t even try to send me a message or anything, good job arena net, good job, very mature way to deal with a problem that u guys caused.

FPS DROP after Patch

Noble.2670

They deleted my posts in the Guild Wars 2 fanpage on facebook, they don’t even try to send me a message or anything, good job arena net, good job, very mature way to deal with a problem that u guys caused.

arena net seem to be taking an extremely bad approach on this situation, i don’t know if its because they don’t want to idk, appear “bad” as a company to new players with HoT son arriving, but if that’s the case, way to disregard your current loyal players..

Stupid Seven [sM]

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Purecura.1795

Purecura.1795

That’s insane!!! ANET this is getting out of control!! Please tell us something!

Lv.80 Chronomancer (Mesmerist Palamecia)
Lv.80 Scrapper (Alchemist Persenia)
Lv.80 Druid (Mender Zalintyre)

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Ana.2415

Ana.2415

Maybe they even don’t know how to fix it, who knows. They only answer to few people that is not Anet’s fault, it’s our system, our conexion, etc etc.

It’s not normal to keep all these people ignored by them if they know at least the reason of this issue or something.

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Titan.8215

Titan.8215

You guys all have AMD or happens with Nvidia too?

FPS DROP after Patch

LordAdre.8174

it happens with nvidia too

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: twity.4732

twity.4732

just wondering when anet will comment on this

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Xaevryn.5687

Xaevryn.5687

“It’s on YOUR end” is Anet’s standard response to everything. Like, no. Dude, the game worked absolutely just fine, a patch came, and suddenly it was nearly unplayable. Sorry but at this point Anet is just insulting people’s intelligence.

You know, Anet. You’d make a lot more headway and gain a lot more trust by just saying something like “Something went wrong, sorry, we’ve made it a priority.”

Instead Anet, you blame us. That’s practically insult to injury.

Just like everyone else on here, my FPS rises considerably when the UI is hidden, and drops considerably when I open windows.

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Ayrtonlsp.3945

Ayrtonlsp.3945

Just say something to us, tell us to wait, i’m not asking a kitten fix, just a answer… This is very bad, and the way they treat this can be decisive if i’m buying HoT or just getting out of this.

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Chaoslord.5439

Chaoslord.5439

I had hoped today’s patch would help….no change what so ever to my FPS. Current FPS of 10-12 is terribly frustrating when trying to play PVP. Surely we’ll get a Dev comment soon on this issue…with so many bugs they are liking working thru a long list.

FPS DROP after Patch

Noble.2670

There has been a Dev response to most of the bugs, and topics, accept any to do with the fps drops, its like there not even acknowledging it as a bug, that’s how it feels anyway, I’m now hoping they just don’t want to admit they kittened up but know they did and are working on a fix. If not, then i guess it’s time to find a new mmo as this one is simply unplayable now, so, any idea if there’s another with the same kind of active combat system gw2 has?

Stupid Seven [sM]

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Titan.8215

Titan.8215

There has been a Dev response to most of the bugs, and topics, accept any to do with the fps drops, it feels like there not even acknowledging it as a bug, that’s how it feels anyway, I’m now hoping they just don’t want to admit they kittened up but know they did and are working on a fix. If not, then i guess it’s time to find a new mmo as this one is simply unplayable now, so, any ideas of a mmo with the same kind of active combat syst gw2 has?

Im worried too, I have 14,5k AP playing from beta, I didnt have any problems with any patch, I always played fine with graphics, but srsly this patch makes this game a kitten, and I really think that they dont give us a real solution so…

FPS DROP after Patch

Noble.2670

I also like the fact that more and more bugs are being found, it’s like hunting for Easter eggs xD! Just there more common and there’s more of them. I will keep this topic on the first page atleast in hopes we get a response!

Stupid Seven [sM]

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Swishee.2174

Swishee.2174

Its 3rd bug fixes already still no FPS fix.

I just want my 20-25FPS back, i don’t want to have 2-4FPS until they release expansion.

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: kindofabuzz.9357

kindofabuzz.9357

You guys all have AMD or happens with Nvidia too?

Happens with AMD, Nvidia, and Intel.

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: DarkReign.4503

DarkReign.4503

My FPS dropped when they first did the huge overhaul patch when they added the outfits system etc. I dropped about 15 FPS or so but it was no biggy although it bugged me as to why, it was after the Scarlet events. Also I have a huge increase in heat now. Now FPS dropped even more and my system is way above the recommended system requirements, but since every other game works smooth and this one laggs I’m not going to change anything for one game that always has had bad FPS. It’s their end for sure. And they are taking the same approach as Bungie does with Destiny it’s your fault not us, seems that way anyway. Lets hope they actually are working on it and make us eat our words?

FPS DROP after Patch

Noble.2670

I’m not sure at this point if id be more disappointed that they did fix it, then if they didnt, as arena net has showed a complete disregard for there player base on this one, and if they were to fix this, it would only show that we have been lied to through out the process, people are being told to reinstall the game, to reroute there connections, all sorts, and if they are fixing it on there end, then all them things would be lies. And that really does not help me want to spend my money with such a company :L

Stupid Seven [sM]

FPS DROP after Patch

LordAdre.8174

Hell yea it just took 3hrs + to re instal the game today, for nothing…

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Ronin.5038

Ronin.5038

I’m getting the same issue here.
Before patch : 50fps
After patch : 30fps
This is in a quiet area of a map. In dungeons I’m sitting at around 15-20fps.
There’s a very noticeable difference in fps gain/drop when hiding/enabling the UI. Same with the inventory screen.

I suppose I should be concerned by there being no official/red post response on this issue several days later, but then I remember that ANets PR isn’t exactly the best in the business.

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: LordEnki.9283

LordEnki.9283

There has been a Dev response to most of the bugs, and topics, accept any to do with the fps drops, its like there not even acknowledging it as a bug, that’s how it feels anyway, I’m now hoping they just don’t want to admit they kittened up but know they did and are working on a fix. If not, then i guess it’s time to find a new mmo as this one is simply unplayable now, so, any idea if there’s another with the same kind of active combat system gw2 has?

At this point after all the blame put on us and no response going into the third day I just can’t see me looking at them quite the same. You don’t reward bad service, and that’s a shame given the number of gems I’ve purchased is pretty shameful XD I’ve looked for the same type of combat myself, but either couldn’t find it or I found it in a game that was super P2W. Guess I’ll hold out hope a while longer or EQ Next will eventually come out and be good.

FPS DROP after Patch

Xaevryn.5687

yeah time to hunt for a new MMO if this keeps up.

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: kindofabuzz.9357

kindofabuzz.9357

yeah time to hunt for a new MMO if this keeps up.

I’m sure it will be fixed. But you’d think that this would be their priority. Or maybe it’s a hard fix?

FPS DROP after Patch

Xaevryn.5687

I’ll give them quite a long time to fix it before I start looking for another game to play. My guess is that it’s something buried deep down in the UI script. The reason I’m a bit miffed right now is how Anet is handling the problem. Like if they were just upfront and honest then I’m sure everyone would be a lot more patient with them.

I play many other games other than GW2, some of them more graphics intensive than GW2. None of those other games are having any problems. Yet GW2, after a patch, many people are having the same problem with FPS drops.

Like it’s so painfully obvious what Anet is doing is the equivalent of a really fat guy hiding behind a skinny lightpole, and we’re standing here going “Dude, we can see you” while Anet goes “NUH-UH!”

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Edmo.7159

Edmo.7159

My FPS also drops in the character screen and loading screens. The circle in the loading screen is not moving smoothly. Hiding the UI there also raise the FPS to what is expected.

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Cyrus The Virus.5217

Cyrus The Virus.5217

Having the exact same problem as everyone else. From the day I joined up until patch, I averaged 15 to 25 fps on low settings, now I get 3 to 5 fps everywhere including the least cpu intensive areas. I’ve been playing despite this, but I’ve ultimately avoided pvp, wvw, dungeons and all group content in general. I’m stuck to doing map completion and even there I struggle with poor frame rate. I don’t think I’ll continue to play if this isn’t resolved somehow. Such a shame too, because I really love this game. A response from an Anet official would be greatly appreciated if any of them are reading this. ????

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: mimijimi.8537

mimijimi.8537

this whole affair is like when a kid wets the bed and trys to hide the sheets, we understand these things happen but avoiding the problem isn’t going to help

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

My frame rate wasn’t noticeably lower until the hotfix on 3/18. Now there’s graphical lag. It reminds me of what a few of us were experiencing in dry top and silverwastes, to be honest.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Cyrus The Virus.5217

Cyrus The Virus.5217

I wouldn’t recommend starting a conversation in map chat about this issue either. I was just having a casual discussion about it after someone brought up bugs from the patch, and, long story short, I was told by a complete stranger that I’m poor and should kill myself for not upgrading my system. Nice to see the trolls now buying into the same logic that it’s individually to blame when there’s this many people, some with old and new computers, all experiencing the same problem. But of course, everything is our faults. The frustration is really starting to boil over. Please Anet just say something about this. I think everyone is just looking for a response at this point….

FPS DROP after Patch

ikereid.4637

I wouldn’t recommend starting a conversation in map chat about this issue either. I was just having a casual discussion about it after someone brought up bugs from the patch, and, long story short, I was told by a complete stranger that I’m poor and should kill myself for not upgrading my system. Nice to see the trolls now buying into the same logic that it’s individually to blame when there’s this many people, some with old and new computers, all experiencing the same problem. But of course, everything is our faults. The frustration is really starting to boil over. Please Anet just say something about this. I think everyone is just looking for a response at this point….

If your open to testing, I think I found a logical workaround that we can use.

in your GPU’s Control Panel over ride AA settings and disable the sampling, and set Texture settings to performance. By doing that I got most of my FPS rate back. And my UI/Mouse Lag is gone. You do lose quality in the games graphics, but that is the trade off for this kind of work around. If you dont like it just set it back to defaults, which youll do when Anet fixes the issue anyway.

I am starting to think that the game is calling for a higher AA value then before due to the newer UI textures (as even with the changes i propose if you disable the UI you still get 30-50 MORE FPS then when the UI is enabled), as ‘application defaults’ in the CCC for me makes the game run at 18-25 FPS and the mouse movement is crazy laggy.

just something to try to make the game playable on machines that are getting 20-25FPS right now (I am getting 46 after the CCC Change, 35 FPS in Lions Arch/City areas now. up from 18FPS-25FPS)