in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: papaiggy.1345

papaiggy.1345

It has actually gotten worse no instead of 20-25fps I am getting 15-17fps

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: LordAdre.8174

LordAdre.8174

I also noticed, When I open the “World Selection” ( where you choose the character u want play with ) it takes me 10-15FPS, when I charge any maps, I also get back all my FPS.

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: ikereid.4637

ikereid.4637

Just posting a me to. Got a brand new Surface Pro 3 (not a gaming beast I know but needed something small to travel)

Game ran at full res at about 30fps on low settings Prepatch with a brand new install.

Patch happens, drops to 20ish fps, second patch 12fps. Disable UI back up to 28fps. Been tweaking resolutions, etc can’t get it to do anything reasonable after these patches but everything was fine Pre-patch on a fresh install. Not sure why I’d need to install a copy of the game again within 2 days.

Surface Pro 3 Core i5 4300U, Intel HD 4400 graphics.

I’ve been traveling so I haven’t checked my other two systems for this yet. One is AMD one is NVIDIA.

That is one of my biggest complaints too. I also have a Yoga 2 Tablet running Windows on a BayTrail-T Z3745. At 1280×800 on low settings I was getting 28-30 FPS pre patch. Now I cant get more then 12FPS unless I disable the UI. And there are no GPU settings available on the Intel HD graphics like there are for the AMD/Nvidia GPUs, so you cant ‘trick’ performance out of it.

and i loved running GW2 on that tablet. ultra portable! so who wouldnt!

Desktop: 4790k@4.6ghz-1.25v, AMD 295×2, 32GB 1866CL10 RAM, 850Evo 500GB SSD
Laptop: M6600 – 2720QM, AMD HD6970M, 32GB 1600CL9 RAM, Arc100 480GB SSD

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Titan.8215

Titan.8215

Anyone else is angry like me? I cant play and Devs ignore us, im tired(

FPS DROP after Patch

LordAdre.8174

Im still waiting a reply from support right now. gave them as much infos as I could about the FPS issue.

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Noble.2670

Noble.2670

yep, im rather angry about the situation, its not even the fact i cant play, but the total disregard that arena net has shown towards us, and they have been rather rude to the few people who have got responses from them and just blamed us..the fact the french devs said it was fixed, then the eu devs was saying it isnt there issue, shows it obviously is there issue..or how else would they claim to fix it?, arena net needs to pull there act together as i am frankly getting sick of this

Stupid Seven [sM]
my vids: https://tinyurl.com/sevenddelem

FPS DROP after Patch

LordAdre.8174

Yea french support closed my topicand said that the FPS issue was fixed, they also sent a link with all the fixed bug from the lastest update, the problem is that the FPS issue doesnt even appear as fixed bug LOL… srsly, what a joke!

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: LordEnki.9283

LordEnki.9283

Just stopping in to see that we are still being ignored. I see they are doing their typical “Let’s just ignore them and let them wear themselves out” philosophy. What a disgrace.

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: zaw.6741

zaw.6741

If by any chance GW2 UI is made in Adobe Flash (called it Scaleform or any other fancy name, it’s Adobe Flash in the end).

uh, but flash and its likes were outdated even before gw2 came out… why use such ancient, slow and full of holes technology…

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Barret.4095

Barret.4095

i think it may be a compatibility issue for us since it’s not just low end computers that are getting fps drops. they might have changed stuff with the game that could be less compatible with our hardware

“For those whose time and dedication went above and beyond, only to achieve mediocrity”

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Let me check on this. I am sure it’s a known issue, but I’ll get back with any info we have as soon as it’s available!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

FPS DROP after Patch

LordAdre.8174

OHHH FINALLY !!!!!! we were loosing all hopes!

FPS DROP after Patch

LordEnki.9283

OMG thank you! Okay everyone, lets hide our pitchforks and torches. Whistles innocently

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Titan.8215

Titan.8215

Let me check on this. I am sure it’s a known issue, but I’ll get back with any info we have as soon as it’s available!

At end, thanks god, I wait your response !!

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

AND… in a matter of seconds, the team wrote back to tell me they have noted a lot of good info in this thread (thank you, guys!) and they will continue to investigate.

I imagine we’ll have an update soon, but don’t quote me on that, because I know that “soon” isn’t… the favorite word around here.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

FPS DROP after Patch

LordAdre.8174

Im just gonna wait for the infos, now! the feeling to not being ignored make me feel better already! lol

FPS DROP after Patch

LordAdre.8174

AND… in a matter of seconds, the team wrote back to tell me they have noted a lot of good info in this thread (thank you, guys!) and they will continue to investigate.

I imagine we’ll have an update soon, but don’t quote me on that, because I know that “soon” isn’t… the favorite word around here.

Thanks man for the infos! finally we know whats going on with this issue (: thanks alot!

FPS DROP after Patch

Noble.2670

omg! hope is restored! aha, i shall hush on the hate rants “for awhile” atleastahaha

Stupid Seven [sM]

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Xaevryn.5687

Xaevryn.5687

Awesome, thank you Gaile.

All we really wanted was your heavenly text to let us know everything will be alright.

We get scared when we’re alone.

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

Thanks for the update on this issue, Ms. Gray.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: zaw.6741

zaw.6741

Thank You for reply! we’re waiting with all fingers crossed

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Ayrtonlsp.3945

Ayrtonlsp.3945

Thank you guys!

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: alteriel valie.4751

alteriel valie.4751

Thank god they replied!!!

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: SadisticTurtle.2450

SadisticTurtle.2450

Rejoice <3_<3

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Admiral Stukov.8791

Admiral Stukov.8791

OMG thank you! Okay everyone, lets hide our pitchforks and torches. Whistles innocently

Wh….What am I gonna do with this pent up feeling of rage and destruction?!?!!

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Cyrus The Virus.5217

Cyrus The Virus.5217

Thank you so much Gaile for taking the time to reply to this thread. I think we can all agree a lot of us just wanted any sense of hope that the issue was acknowledged. A lot of us just love the game enough to want to see issues that affect gameplay like this one to get fixed, so we can get back to doing what we love. Thank you again!

FPS DROP after Patch

Noble.2670

well if once there done looking into it they recognize it as a real issue, they will fix it, then you can let that rage out on some “noobs”<3 XD

Stupid Seven [sM]

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: barbariccia.9801

barbariccia.9801

yeah take more time to fix thie godamm low framerate arena… yeah take your time… cba with this… i used to have 50fps to 60fps now i am getting 30fps EVERY place.! -_-

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

Good to hear its being looked into.

While I have gotten a loss in frames. I am lucky enough to still have a playable game. But it is noticeable especially in situations that I would lose frames already like big boss fights, etc. Getting rid of the UI would make my frame loss go back to its usual frame rate pre-patch..

Just wanted to state that I get massive lag when loading any menus. Inventory, hero screen, bank and collections, PvP menus, etc.

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Akkawi.7580

Akkawi.7580

Thank you very much for taking this into notice!

We are saved!

FPS DROP after Patch

LordEnki.9283

Channel it into art?:D

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Nero.3654

Nero.3654

Open more window like inv. prview, tp, heropanel not lagy but takes fps use fraps and check. I can go from 50fps to less then 20 if open it.

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Scott.1653

Scott.1653

thankyou gaile

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Nafeasonto.8925

Nafeasonto.8925

I can confirm this:

My system is as follows:

I7 3770K 4.6GHZ
Dual GTX 670s
32GB DDR3 RAM
Running at 1440P

Before this patch I was getting a stable 55-85 FPS (85 HZ refresh rate) Depending the amount of people, particle effects, etc etc.

After the patch, I am dropping as low as 18 FPS.

This game ran SLI AMAZING. This patch comes out and it goes to hell. I mean come on now. I agree with LordAdre, was this patch even tested at all?

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Phyllo.3174

Phyllo.3174

thank you for the response its nice to know its being looked at also oddly not sure if its affecting anyone else any aspect ratio changes nothing to my frames or even running it as a small window i get same as if I’m running full screen

The very first recorded versions of Phyllo Dough are in Turkish cuisine.

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Purecura.1795

Purecura.1795

Oh glorious! Even though we dont know when a solution will arise, I can say myself and on behalf of everyone affected, this reply and update, from you guys makes us very happy. I shall patiently wait for a much needed remedy now.

Lv.80 Chronomancer (Mesmerist Palamecia)
Lv.80 Scrapper (Alchemist Persenia)
Lv.80 Druid (Mender Zalintyre)

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

“Soon” sounds much better than “lol dont care buy new pc”

Thanks for calming us down and good luck.

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Ana.2415

Ana.2415

Yay! \o/

I feel better now we got an answer. I hope that ’’soon’’ is not in few weeks/months :’(

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Tomerant.2701

Tomerant.2701

weird stuff is that me with seriously bad PC, haven’t encountered any issues with guild chat or fps.

Only problems I had were to actually perform kitten patching.

Pentium 200Mhz; 64Mb RAM; HP Nvidia GeForce 64Mb;

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: kindofabuzz.9357

kindofabuzz.9357

Could have been lies just to shut us up.

FPS DROP after Patch

LordAdre.8174

LOL now u said that, idk what to think..

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Xaevryn.5687

Xaevryn.5687

I’m willing to give them more than a couple of hours before I make that determination.

FPS DROP after Patch

LordAdre.8174

We wont have a fix in the next few days / week for sure

FPS DROP after Patch

Noble.2670

merh, well, a fix is a fix, guess ill still have to find another game to play for now

Stupid Seven [sM]

FPS DROP after Patch

LordAdre.8174

And at the same time, Gaile replied here, support was saying like it was my fault if I had FPS drop…

FPS DROP after Patch

LordEnki.9283

I might feel the same way if it wasn’t Gaile who replied. Knowing it was her I don’t feel half as anxious now.

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Anandira.8756

Anandira.8756

Absolutely game breaking for me as well, just tried a pvp game with 12-15fps, it’s just unplayable. I was actually fine immediately after patch, the fps drops started this morning for me. I hope this gets fixed soon, I see some people are on it…

Recruiting for raid team here.

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: RoyHarmon.5398

RoyHarmon.5398

I just had to stop by to say that for me, at least, this patch had the exact opposite effect.

I’ve seen an increase in graphics performance.

“It is the stupidest children who are the most childish
and the stupidest grown-ups who are the most grown-up.”
- C. S. Lewis

FPS DROP after Patch

Noble.2670

I just had to stop by to say that for me, at least, this patch had the exact opposite effect.

I’ve seen an increase in graphics performance.

alright for some aha

Stupid Seven [sM]

FPS DROP after Patch

LordAdre.8174

Well this update still have not fix the FPS issue.