FPS DROP after Patch

FPS DROP after Patch

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: LordEnki.9283

LordEnki.9283

Same here with the update. Issue continues. Perhaps in tomorrow’s patch (assuming the trend continues and there is a patch tomorrow).

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Noble.2670

Noble.2670

yep, no change for me with this patch.

Stupid Seven [sM]
my vids: https://tinyurl.com/sevenddelem

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: RoyHarmon.5398

RoyHarmon.5398

I just had to stop by to say that for me, at least, this patch had the exact opposite effect.

I’ve seen an increase in graphics performance.

alright for some aha

I guess I should add a few basic system specs…

• Intel i5-4670K @ 4.2GHz
  • 2x AMD Radeon HD 7870
  • 8 GB RAM (G.Skill) @ 2133MHz
  • Windows 7 x64

I always play with V-sync on, so all I can say is that I stayed between 40 and 60 FPS before the patch with character models and quality set to “lowest” and “medium,” respectively. Now I was able to bump it up to “medium” and “high” at the Frozen Maw (when it was part of the daily, no less) and still get 38+ FPS. Even with the lower settings, I used to get a bit less than that in such a big crowd.

“It is the stupidest children who are the most childish
and the stupidest grown-ups who are the most grown-up.”
- C. S. Lewis

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Edmo.7159

Edmo.7159

I just had to stop by to say that for me, at least, this patch had the exact opposite effect.

I’ve seen an increase in graphics performance.

I also have seen an increase in performance… but only if i hide the UI

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Xaevryn.5687

Xaevryn.5687

S’ok, my best is this update is one they’ve been working on before really knowing just what was going up with the FPS issue and how to try and fix it. Considering how quickly this patch came out in relation to Gaile’s post.

I’m going to be patient for the next patch.

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Alphard.6529

Alphard.6529

I also have seen an increase in performance… but only if i hide the UI

Same for me. With UI i’m getting ~30 FPS, when I hide the UI (skill bar, map, everything) I get close to 60 FPS (i can even see the number in the options window briefly when i turn the UI back on, before it goes back to 30 a second later). Also with UI on, with each additional window (e.g. inventory, character screen, etc), my FPS drops by another 5 FPS, so with my inventory and character screen open, I’m at 20 fps. Super annoying as I often swap weapons and traits on the run.

[KING] Alpha Cas

(edited by Alphard.6529)

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Kysin.6349

Kysin.6349

Just joining the plethora of others who lost 50+ FPS with the patch. We noticed not only the UI, but also the icons (inv/skill menu) cause a big drop in fps. Also, my FPS went up 3 when I disabled crossfire…

Co-leader of Knights of Eminence[Sir] – PvX
Reap The Weak[Reap] – WvW 5-man havok
-Blackgate

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: LordAdre.8174

LordAdre.8174

Support replied to me, they seems to think the FPS issue is OUR fault.

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Purecura.1795

Purecura.1795

LOL Anet needs to hire a new support team.

Lv.80 Chronomancer (Mesmerist Palamecia)
Lv.80 Scrapper (Alchemist Persenia)
Lv.80 Druid (Mender Zalintyre)

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Ana.2415

Ana.2415

Okei.. I’m starting to worry again. So they are not working on it as Gaile said? Or they just think it’s our fault.

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: MrH.2591

MrH.2591

Very few companies will admit a problem is on their end even when the entire community knows it to be true. Just look at Diablo III, it has had performance issues since day one that have gone ignored.

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Alphard.6529

Alphard.6529

Has anyone confirmed that with UI on, it’s the CPU that gets bottlenecked, not the GPU?

[KING] Alpha Cas

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Titan.8215

Titan.8215

Well I wait that tomorrow he wave more news and dont stay other 4 days without info ^^

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: ikereid.4637

ikereid.4637

Has anyone confirmed that with UI on, it’s the CPU that gets bottlenecked, not the GPU?

This was an interesting statement so I tested that just now.

UI disabled;
CPU max Thread load 51%
GPU Max Load 66%

UI Enabled
CPU max Thread Load 56%
GPU Max Load 91%

So the UI being enabled is definitely affecting the GPU more then the CPU.

Attachments:

Desktop: 4790k@4.6ghz-1.25v, AMD 295×2, 32GB 1866CL10 RAM, 850Evo 500GB SSD
Laptop: M6600 – 2720QM, AMD HD6970M, 32GB 1600CL9 RAM, Arc100 480GB SSD

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Castigate.5470

Castigate.5470

im absolutely gunna cry if they tell us to screw out and get a better computer when the fps problem is not able to be fixed.

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: kdose.5309

kdose.5309

50-55 fps with UI off, 19-30 with UI on here

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: sivartreicrem.3754

sivartreicrem.3754

I would echo much of what’s been said.

Mid 2011 iMac
Radeon 6770M 512MB
2.7gHz i5
12gb DDR3
I have tested both the OS X client and the windows client. Nearly same results on both… All drivers, bootcamp, etc. up to date. Framerate decreased by 20%+ post “camera improvement” patch when stationary, EVEN WORSE in SMALL wvw fights, LA, high particle effect areas regardless of graphics settings. Have not attempted to ctrl+H to hide UI, but I would imagine I would get similar results with the same degree of non-playability.

:::EDIT::
Hiding UI results in smoother framerate as others have said.

(edited by sivartreicrem.3754)

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: RebelsDawn.6803

RebelsDawn.6803

I had just finished building my new rig when the patch released ><
Originally had a I7-940 with 8gb ddr3-2000, and a gtx-780 sc.
Now my rig has a I7-4790k with 16gb ddr3-1600 and the same gtx-780sc.
On the old rig I could peak around 55-60 fps on ultra settings.
Now I’m peaking around 30ish fps on high. On Ultra I’m only getting maybe 15-25..

Before I saw this thread I was about to tear apart the new rig and rebuild the old one. So I want to say to everyone who’s posted here. “Thank you for posting this information and preventing me from a few hours of unneeded running around”

Eagerly awaiting any and all news on this.

FPS DROP after Patch

Titan.8215

I had just finished building my new rig when the patch released ><
Originally had a I7-940 with 8gb ddr3-2000, and a gtx-780 sc.
Now my rig has a I7-4790k with 16gb ddr3-1600 and the same gtx-780sc.
On the old rig I could peak around 55-60 fps on ultra settings.
Now I’m peaking around 30ish fps on high. On Ultra I’m only getting maybe 15-25..

Before I saw this thread I was about to tear apart the new rig and rebuild the old one. So I want to say to everyone who’s posted here. “Thank you for posting this information and preventing me from a few hours of unneeded running around”

Eagerly awaiting any and all news on this.

Yep, with your pc they can’t say that you have a “bad system” is just a problem of the game, I just wait that they resolve early…

FPS DROP after Patch

LordAdre.8174

Okei.. I’m starting to worry again. So they are not working on it as Gaile said? Or they just think it’s our fault.

Gaile said earlier they are working on it yeah, but at the same time Ive got a reply from the support asking me more infos about my computer/connection. So yea I guess they think that the FPS issue is our fault, I told them that the FPS issue is happening to most of players, but they like ignored it, and kept asking me all infos. this is rly weird, and not logic, as I said somewhere, if this bug was our fault, we would have low FPS either with UI enabled or disabled. I explained them everything, like I get back all my FPS as long as I have my UI disabled ect.. but they like ignore it, so I dont know if they rly do, but it really seems like. I’m really getting confused.

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: RebelsDawn.6803

RebelsDawn.6803

Yep, with your pc they can’t say that you have a “bad system” is just a problem of the game, I just wait that they resolve early…

Tbh I made a coin flip on going with that or shelling out the extra 600 cash to go with a I7-5930k and 16gb of ddr4-2100. Would’ve been soooo angry had that coin flip had gone the other way.

FPS DROP after Patch

Titan.8215

Tbh I made a coin flip on going with that or shelling out the extra 600 cash to go with a I7-5930k and 16gb of ddr4-2100. Would’ve been soooo angry had that coin flip had gone the other way.

I know, I have a i5 2500k and I had gtx 570 and cant go with 60 fps, I bought 2 weeks a r9 280x and I can go with 60 fps with all ultra except the shadows, I literally bought for gw2, is the only game that I play on pc actually so… now I go 20-30 fps but my cpu go to 80% so is horrible (before the patch 50%) Im frustrated

FPS DROP after Patch

LordAdre.8174

I know, I have a i5 2500k and I had gtx 570 and cant go with 60 fps, I bought 2 weeks a r9 280x and I can go with 60 fps with all ultra except the shadows, I literally bought for gw2, is the only game that I play on pc actually so… now I go 20-30 fps but my cpu go to 80% so is horrible (before the patch 50%) Im frustrated

We can just get hope that anet do not give up by saying “its your fault get a new pc”
And actually, i’m really confused with what the support is replying me.

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: alteriel valie.4751

alteriel valie.4751

As sirsquishy said,ui makes gpu activity go almost 100%!!!!
http://i58.tinypic.com/qsv32x.jpg

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Kurr.4179

Kurr.4179

Still pretty much unplayble here… even got randomly kicked during a pvp match (that I was doing with no UI because it’s easier than dealing with the 10 FPS crap.)

I’m a little disheartened by this. Well all know the issue stems from the UI and it’s been 4 days. I hope this is fixed tomorrow so I can play during the weekend at least.

I know a lot of the issues in this patch are to make the HoT release smoother (a lot of changes in the backend I’m guessing is why there have been 1000 bugs with this patch) but it’s not very fun to be the tester.

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Allison The Strange.4519

Allison The Strange.4519

I’m using fraps to measure my FPS.
UI off = 40~55fps, depends on many people are around
UI on = 12~20, usually around 15

All on the lowest setting.
AMD Phenom X4 945 Processor
AMD Radeon HD 6450
8g ram

Side note, my CPU usage fluctuates up and down 10~25% when the UI goes off (from 25% up to 50%)

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Tomerant.2701

Tomerant.2701

im absolutely gunna cry if they tell us to screw out and get a better computer when the fps problem is not able to be fixed.

if that happens they lost 30% of player base at least.

Not to mention the bad comments on youtube driving ppl away from purchasing the game and upcoming expansion.

This issue simply must not be ignored. Revert the changes if it has to be done just give ppl back their old fps.

On my crappy dual core 2,2 athlon, 3gb Ram, and ASUS EAH 5450 1gb, i noticed minor fps drop. From 25-20 to 18-20.
It’s still huge loss for me, but considering that some ppl lost 50fps I feel lucky :P

Fix this or face consequences that might come. Dont turn overall friendly community into mad people that will drive off your future customers trough social networks.
World is global village now, what happens here doesn’t stay here :P Think about it and fix this kitty kitty.

Pentium 200Mhz; 64Mb RAM; HP Nvidia GeForce 64Mb;

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Reborn.6845

Reborn.6845

I really hope this gets resolved for the weekend…Me and girlfriend picked this game up couple weeks back at the 75% off sale and we really enjoyed playing especially at weekends when we have more time..but when i log in now (currently in lions arc) i get 20-30 FPS…before the patch i got 60+….girlfriends PC is alot worse then mine and she is currently getting 10 or less so its unplayable for her..

When we turn the UI off like some of you suggested it does improve alot but we are new players so we cant play without the UI as we have no idea what skills are half the time and hp and things we still very noob….Please hotfix soon its been 3-4 days since the patch ruined our FPS…

EDIT: i would atleast like some aknowledgement from Anet and what they are doing to fix the problem…i forgot to mention girlfriends PC also cant run game in full screeen anymore…she has to open in window to play game with 10 or less FPS -_-

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

First time I ran the game today after the big camera patch.
I did a world boss tour,the usual hundreds of players blobs,
I didn’t see any difference in performance at all.
I used 1st person view just for screenshots.
On the screens bellow you can see the settings I use.(AFx16 forced via Nvidia cp)
Then something really strange happened.
I ported to the Black Citadel.Entered the home instance to farm nodes.
Upon exiting the instance I zoomed all the way in to 1st person mode and
started walking up towards the center of the city,with the UI turned off.
Then all of a sudden my FPS dropped from a steady 60 to 6!
A game restart fixed the issue.

Attachments:

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Naevius.3185

Naevius.3185

My FPS dropped from from around 45 to 25, and has not gone back up yet. Oddly, reducing graphics settings does not help it much (even all the way from High everything to Low everything.)

CPU usage is way up. (The CoherentUI process does not seem to be the culprit, but hard to be sure.)

Memory usage seems to be up, but I won’t swear I remember the old numbers well enough to be certain.

Also, I had my first crash on Teq in months and months.

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: santialonso.3125

santialonso.3125

Do you think this problem will be settled soon?

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: rue rue.9521

rue rue.9521

Count me in as affected as well. Maybe someone point support to this thread? :-/

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: papaiggy.1345

papaiggy.1345

if that happens they lost 30% of player base at least.

Not to mention the bad comments on youtube driving ppl away from purchasing the game and upcoming expansion.

This issue simply must not be ignored. Revert the changes if it has to be done just give ppl back their old fps.

On my crappy dual core 2,2 athlon, 3gb Ram, and ASUS EAH 5450 1gb, i noticed minor fps drop. From 25-20 to 18-20.
It’s still huge loss for me, but considering that some ppl lost 50fps I feel lucky :P

Fix this or face consequences that might come. Dont turn overall friendly community into mad people that will drive off your future customers trough social networks.
World is global village now, what happens here doesn’t stay here :P Think about it and fix this kitty kitty.

I said something very similar to this and got my post deleted, so I reminded them that there are plenty of other social networks and forums that they do not control and can’t delete if that’s how they wanted to play.

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: papaiggy.1345

papaiggy.1345

Is there a way to take a pole and see how many of us have AMD cards. I have a suspicion that it is mostly folks with AMD cards having the issue.

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: alteriel valie.4751

alteriel valie.4751

Is there a way to take a pole and see how many of us have AMD cards. I have a suspicion that it is mostly folks with AMD cards having the issue.

Might be that you saying,i have an Amd too,everyone remembers that GW2 had issues with AMD gpus when it was relesead but few posts above RebelsDawn has a Gtx-780 and got fps drop!!

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Del.4309

Del.4309

Yeah I use an AMD card aswel with the FPS drop after patch.

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: corrosivechains.5476

corrosivechains.5476

Also here to report a drop in FPS, from 35-40 average on med-low settings to 19-20 with the patches. Also noticing that when I close out of the game my CPU usage hangs at 50% and memory at anywhere from 30%(10% higher than the idle usage) to 70%. Ran virus and malware scans just to make sure I didn’t pick something up, but no detecting. Am also on an AMD/ATI card:

specs:
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_rtm.101119-1850)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
System Model: Studio XPS 1640
BIOS: gPhoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 X49
Processor: Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU P8600 @ 2.40GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8156MB RAM
Page File: 2410MB used, 13901MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
System DPI Setting: 120 DPI (125 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode
————
Card name: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4670
Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
Chip type: ATI display adapter (0×9488)
DAC type: Internal DAC
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_9488&SUBSYS_02721028&REV_00
Display Memory: 739 MB
Dedicated Memory: 1013 MB
Shared Memory: 3822 MB
Current Mode: 1920 × 1080 (32 bit) (59Hz)
Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
Monitor Model: unknown
Monitor Id: LGD0215
Native Mode: 1920 × 1080(p) (59.934Hz)

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Lilywhite.6397

Lilywhite.6397

I’m on an i7-4770k @ 4.0Ghz with 16GB RAM and an EVGA 750Ti @ 1320/6200. It’s had a severe effect on my performance.

Attachments:

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Vegeta.2563

Vegeta.2563

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but here is Video proof the UI eats FPS..

Video provided by SachanHD

This Guild Is Fire [PRUF]

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Vegeta.2563

Vegeta.2563

I’m on an i7-4770k @ 4.0Ghz with 16GB RAM and an EVGA 750Ti @ 1320/6200. It’s had a severe effect on my performance.

Is that a Nepton 280L ? .. i could be wrong

This Guild Is Fire [PRUF]

FPS DROP after Patch

Titan.8215

I wait that today we have a fix or till the next week I guess that we’ll dont have nothing.

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Farming Flats.5370

Farming Flats.5370

well im sorry for you guys … i have zero problem so far

AMD 1090T 6 cores @4.1Ghz + Radeon HD7970 3GB (driver 14.11.2 Beta-11/17/2014 )

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Var.8305

Var.8305

I’m starting to believe that the only possible solution is to make a rollback to the build before the patch and they know it, but they don’t want to do it because that would upset a lot of people, I wonder if they are willing to just lose the players with this problem.

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Farming Flats.5370

Farming Flats.5370

i don’t have this issue so i can’t test it .. is someone can check if disabling hardware acceleration in Flash Player can fix it ? i believe the UI /menu is made with flash ..

other thing may interfere .. like having a youtube video playing on a second screen . or having a web browser opened .. AERO desktop … etc etc ..

(edited by Farming Flats.5370)

FPS DROP after Patch

Noble.2670

I can’t see a rollback happening now, but that isn’t the only solution, they obviously changed something to do with the ui last patch witch has caused this, or its a snowball effect from something else they changed, so what they need to do is fix whatever it is they did, I can’t see a full rollback being required for that myself

Stupid Seven [sM]

FPS DROP after Patch

Titan.8215

i don’t have this issue so i can’t test it .. is someone can check if disabling hardware acceleration in Flash Player can fix it ? i believe the UI /menu is made with flash

How I can do this?

FPS DROP after Patch

Noble.2670

i don’t have this issue so i can’t test it .. is someone can check if disabling hardware acceleration in Flash Player can fix it ? i believe the UI /menu is made with flash ..

other thing may interfere .. like having a youtube video playing on a second screen . or having a web browser opened .. AERO desktop … etc etc ..

I have everything closed, even have my computer in Max performance mode with no screensaver etc etc, only thing that restores my fps is removing the ui in game :L

Stupid Seven [sM]

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

No, I don’t think UI/menu is made with flash. There wouldn’t have any reason for making that this way. Programming a UI into your own software is way easier than using an external resource for that UI. If it would be the case, game requirements should state that Flash is required to run the game.

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Ayrtonlsp.3945

Ayrtonlsp.3945

I don’t think it’s made with Flash and a rollback isn’t necessary. We have to wait, ANET already said that they are looking into the topic, just don’t let this die, we hope it will be fixed soon. Flash applications run in adobe platform, include an entire platform in a game that is already heavy would be an unacceptable idea

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

I don’t think it’s made with Flash and a rollback isn’t necessary. We have to wait, ANET already said that they are looking into the topic, just don’t let this die, we hope it will be fixed soon. Flash applications run in adobe platform, include an entire platform in a game that is already heavy would be an unacceptable idea

Yup, exactly. If they had used Flash for it things would be even worse. Just give them time, they are looking into it. Issues like these are hard to track and fix as it depends on each hardware out there, a fix might work for one but not for another. Also things don’t get fixed in a “snap of fingers”.