FPS DROP after Patch

FPS DROP after Patch

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: LordAdre.8174

LordAdre.8174

Wonder how many purchasers of the expansion this patch cost. I’m expecting it to be absolute chaos. I’ve pre-booked my popcorn.

I wont buy it unless they fixthe FPS issue lol

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Anandira.8756

Anandira.8756

Well at least now I understand why the trading post is always so ‘laggy’ for me :/

Recruiting for raid team here.

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Noble.2670

Noble.2670

Wonder how many purchasers of the expansion this patch cost. I’m expecting it to be absolute chaos. I’ve pre-booked my popcorn.

I wont buy it unless they fixthe FPS issue lol

likewise

Stupid Seven [sM]
my vids: https://tinyurl.com/sevenddelem

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Akkawi.7580

Akkawi.7580

I’ve stopped playing due to this FPS issue. It has really brought me to great shame as I enjoyed the game. I might return if this problem is resolved but.

FPS DROP after Patch

LordAdre.8174

I’ve stopped playing due to this FPS issue. It has really brought me to great shame as I enjoyed the game. I might return if this problem is resolved but.

Same I aint gonna play until the issue is fix

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: ikereid.4637

ikereid.4637

I’m fortunate enough to have many systems at home (2 high end desktops and 2 decent laptops, and a windows Tablet) Currently only my laptops and the tablet are REALLY affected (almost unplayable at times, completely unplayable on my Tablet), were my desktops still get 60fps~. So while I really need this fixed so I can play ‘on the go’ again, its not affecting me as much as many of you guys right now.

If they refuse to fix this, though, I will not be buying the expansion or dumping any more cash into the gem store for the BLK skins and such. Ill just pop in/out for Teq/Karka and EOTM like I have been doing since the patch was released, and wait until a better(HA! yea right lol) MMO is released to dump my money into.

But really, with China and EU geographic and the Expansion on the horizon, I do not see Anet ignoring this issue. It has been proven many times in this thread that it is a legit issue and even one of their lead developers has responded here as well.

So they ARE looking into it. It WILL just take time for them to address the issue, but first they have to isolate it down to what the root cause is and go from there.

Desktop: 4790k@4.6ghz-1.25v, AMD 295×2, 32GB 1866CL10 RAM, 850Evo 500GB SSD
Laptop: M6600 – 2720QM, AMD HD6970M, 32GB 1600CL9 RAM, Arc100 480GB SSD

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Anandira.8756

Anandira.8756

Well, given how game breaking it is for a lot of people I feel fairly confident that they are indeed looking into this, plus we’ve had some officials on this thread saying as much already.

What personaly worries me is that I play with a very minimal configuration because it’s all I can afford at the moment, and before this patch I had finally reached a grand total of 40-45 fps during instances, with the aid of a cooling pad for my laptop, which finally allowed me to see animations in time to reach any kind of performance (mostly to be able to see animations in time to dodge!).

So if they give a fix, but peformance doesn’t go back to exactly the way it was, I certainly won’t be able to play the game anymore

Recruiting for raid team here.

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: LordEnki.9283

LordEnki.9283

Here’s hoping I can participate in the stress test on the 24th, because it’s impossible until this is fixed.

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Sytherek.7689

Sytherek.7689

The FPS drop is so bad, I’ve stopped playing.

Where I used to get 30-40fps with my Iris 5200 and almost maxed-out options, I now get 10-15fps.

With any graphics settings, even low.

Something broke.

FPS DROP after Patch

LordAdre.8174

Just wait until is fixed guys, we will play again as soon as its fixed xD

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Krion.5986

Krion.5986

Has anyone else gotten this problem but then when you exit out of the game your FPS keeps being low in regardless what game you launch up? It makes them all run at 25-30 FPS? I have a GTX 670MX and I only really got this problem around a week ago.

FPS DROP after Patch

LordAdre.8174

Has anyone else gotten this problem but then when you exit out of the game your FPS keeps being low in regardless what game you launch up? It makes them all run at 25-30 FPS? I have a GTX 670MX and I only really got this problem around a week ago.

My FPS been low only on GuildWars2 ( Since the patch of march 16th ), All my others games run perfectly. Even if I dont really like to play others game, I have to while they fix this issue xD

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: kindofabuzz.9357

kindofabuzz.9357

I’ve noticed fps is better, maybe even normal, if you just bump it down one resolution. Seems that native resolution is giving the drops. (makes it playable at least for me)

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: alteriel valie.4751

alteriel valie.4751

Something i’ve noticed,inside ascalonian catacombs fps are better than outside!!
Same happens when i go at Hall of Monuments over 30 fps!!!

Attachments:

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Nero.3654

Nero.3654

Ac and Hom i smaller maps so more fps ther is normal i think

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Gazareth.7230

Gazareth.7230

I’ve noticed fps is better, maybe even normal, if you just bump it down one resolution. Seems that native resolution is giving the drops. (makes it playable at least for me)

That’s because lowering the resolution decreases the amount of work the GPU has to do (less pixels to render). It seems the UI is weighing heavily on the GPU at the moment, so anywhere else you can decrease the load will help out.

FPS DROP after Patch

kindofabuzz.9357

That’s because lowering the resolution decreases the amount of work the GPU has to do (less pixels to render). It seems the UI is weighing heavily on the GPU at the moment, so anywhere else you can decrease the load will help out.

I know this, I was just saying that it’s a lot better just dropping it down one resolution setting.

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: papaiggy.1345

papaiggy.1345

Well I am pretty much done. They have had over a week to figure out what they broke. the current fps makes the game unplayable, and I have a good system in this regard.

So with this latest turn of events I will do what gamer’s for decades have done when an MMO makes it clear they don’t care. Moving on to the next game. Was fun while it lasted. Good luck with the expansion as I am sure I am not the only person who will be leaving the game.

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: wxyzabcd.2569

wxyzabcd.2569

Can we at least get an expected date/time for a fix? If nothing works at all, devs, can we at least get a roll back to the situation pre-patch? The game has been almost un-playable for a week now, and it’s really a shame. If the problem cannot be fixed in a short time, can we at least enjoy the game how it was instead of having to wait without any notice as to when it’ll be fixed? Just revert the patch, kitten .

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Ana.2415

Ana.2415

I know they are working on it but I would like to know an expected date/time for a fix aswell. At least to know if it will take few weeks or only few days… because I’m waiting and waiting and after 1 week I’m a bit tired.

I hope this ussue it’s the first on their “stuff to do” list and they don’t make us wait because they are with the HoT beta/stress test, etc. There are a lot of people who can’t play since patch and this is still not fixed. It’s a shame if you make us wait more, I don’t wanna be 1 month without playing coz a bug :/

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Sytherek.7689

Sytherek.7689

I’m not playing GW2 or spending money on it (they can check, I did), not out of petty anger or childish foot-stomping, but simply because the FPS drop made GW2 unplayable for me.

Two other members of my household have quit for exactly the same reason, and they play on very diverse hardware and on a different ISP (I use a business connection, they’re commercial).

Just a fact. GW2 is now unplayable. I’d love to play if I could.

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Purecura.1795

Purecura.1795

I wonder if ANET’s UI technology mainly destroys the FPS of AMD cards. Even though there are some Nvidia affected.

Lv.80 Chronomancer (Mesmerist Palamecia)
Lv.80 Scrapper (Alchemist Persenia)
Lv.80 Druid (Mender Zalintyre)

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: GROMIT.7829

GROMIT.7829

One of the worst game engines i’ve seen, poorly optimised and poorly designed.

!!!! YOU’RE NOT MY SUPERVISOR !!!!

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: noxx.1706

noxx.1706

Glad to see I’m not alone in this. I was looking forward to doing some spvp this morning and was really having a terrible go of it due to a sudden drop in FPS/lag. Unplayable

FPS DROP after Patch

LordAdre.8174

The support still dont know in how much time this issue will be fixed.

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Purecura.1795

Purecura.1795

I find myself looking for other MMOs to play but, none. Are worth it. I considered playing WoW, but GW2 is just so unique. I just wish this issue would go away. I want my FPS back

Lv.80 Chronomancer (Mesmerist Palamecia)
Lv.80 Scrapper (Alchemist Persenia)
Lv.80 Druid (Mender Zalintyre)

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

They have had over a week to figure out what they broke. the current fps makes the game unplayable, and I have a good system in this regard.

In all probability they knew what would happen with this patch before releasing it. They still have to test these things internally. This means that fixing it would probably require a great deal of effort because they implemented new components into the engine that can no longer be removed. Anyway it is a huge step backward.

FPS DROP after Patch

LordAdre.8174

I know its annoying but we have to wait :S

FPS DROP after Patch

kindofabuzz.9357

I wonder if ANET’s UI technology mainly destroys the FPS of AMD cards. Even though there are some Nvidia affected.

It effects all cards. I have Intel.

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Ana.2415

Ana.2415

Yep, mine it’s Intel too. It’s not only AMD/Nvidia.

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Castigate.5470

Castigate.5470

I would also like to know a specific date for the day it’s going to be fixed. tbh it’s honestly getting kind of annoying checking on gw2 and the forums every other hour just to get more or less info ;_;

FPS DROP after Patch

LordAdre.8174

I would also like to know a specific date for the day it’s going to be fixed. tbh it’s honestly getting kind of annoying checking on gw2 and the forums every other hour just to get more or less info ;_;

As I said 50.0000 times, they dont know yet

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Tomerant.2701

Tomerant.2701

reading all of these posts makes me wonder how Anet feels now.
I was obviously right in post few pages back.

Anet.. dont let this plague spreads on other social networks. Speak with your playerbase more regarding this issue.
Your game is buy to play and tell me who is willing to invest 60$ in game that might NOT run well even on high end specs.
Who would be foolish enough take such risk?

I know for certain that if I read about this issue somewhere else and came to forum to check the “facts” and saw this… kitten sure I wouldn’t buy your game.

Think about it… kittenstorm approaches in less than few weeks if you dont fix this.
And yea… HoT is announced so this is definitely not a way to have performance issues.

Pentium 200Mhz; 64Mb RAM; HP Nvidia GeForce 64Mb;

(edited by Tomerant.2701)

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

Yeah i’m not playing really anymore until this is fixed…it’s gotta be something with the camera, swear this patch has had more bugs in it than fixes. I have an AMD fx 9590 processor and a nvidia 970 graphics card ,and was pulling 60 fps easy in most areas and 30 in heavy combat.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: flaccidbagel.2457

flaccidbagel.2457

I feel like if we can’t have a little bit of patience for them to fix an issue that they have said they’re working on, then we probably shouldn’t be playing games in the first place.

Yes, it might be annoying. Yes, you payed for the game. But, yes, they’re working on it, and trying to actually make sure you get your money’s worth. Life isn’t always so easy as clicking the “fix” button.

Just give it some time. And if you can’t, well… that’s on you.

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Titan.8215

Titan.8215

I feel like if we can’t have a little bit of patience for them to fix an issue that they have said they’re working on, then we probably shouldn’t be playing games in the first place.

Yes, it might be annoying. Yes, you payed for the game. But, yes, they’re working on it, and trying to actually make sure you get your money’s worth. Life isn’t always so easy as clicking the “fix” button.

Just give it some time. And if you can’t, well… that’s on you.

I guess that we just need more information for be patience, and when you dont play more games like this, is logic.

(edited by Titan.8215)

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Allison The Strange.4519

Allison The Strange.4519

I never thought there would be a crappier patch then when mega servers happened. That was a garbage patch, this is pure grade A horse kitten.
Topping out at 22FPS on lowest settings and random crashes to put the icing on the cake. Great dev team you have here.
How about fixing game breaking issues instead of a warriors fierce shot…..

FPS DROP after Patch

LordAdre.8174

I never thought there would be a crappier patch then when mega servers happened. That was a garbage patch, this is pure grade A horse kitten.
Topping out at 22FPS on lowest settings and random crashes to put the icing on the cake. Great dev team you have here.

They are working on the issue, we need to wait.

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: XxAudioxX.2519

XxAudioxX.2519

I have also had an FPS drop since the patch =/ I haven’t been able to play it all week because I just lag and lag and lag. I went from a solid 45-50fps on lower settings to 10-13fps. Hoping for a fix, this patch was just horrid. I also have an AMD…

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Scott.1653

Scott.1653

Just chill fam, these issues are the whole reason they put it out before the expansion, they wanted to see what needs to be fixed, better we have the issues right now while there is not much to do in the game instead of having these issues when the expansion was released. Let the programmers do their work, it’s a tedious job.

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Noble.2670

Noble.2670

Just chill fam, these issues are the whole reason they put it out before the expansion, they wanted to see what needs to be fixed, better we have the issues right now while there is not much to do in the game instead of having these issues when the expansion was released. Let the programmers do their work, it’s a tedious job.

while i get what your trying to say, i don’t spend my money on this game to be arena nets tester, theres a reason other companies/games use open test servers..content such as was released in this patch, should not have been released until it was tested properly, if arena net gave us test servers, the issue would have been avoided without ruining the game for countless people

Stupid Seven [sM]
my vids: https://tinyurl.com/sevenddelem

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Scott.1653

Scott.1653

while i get what your trying to say, i don’t spend my money on this game to be arena nets tester, theres a reason other companies/games use open test servers..content such as was released in this patch, should not have been released until it was tested properly, if arena net gave us test servers, the issue would have been avoided without ruining the game for countless people

I agree, but this is the current situation and I hope they do not run things like this in the future.

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Zelta.6829

Zelta.6829

I agree, but this is the current situation and I hope they do not run things like this in the future.

Don’t get your hopes up, remember that launch banning debacle? Guild Wars 2 is such a great game, but I’ve lost almost all hope for Anet. They want to be different in their development cycles/style, but have lost sight of all the basics on how to test their features. Adding useless features like camera angles in “Beta” on live servers, pretty much means they know it’s piece of crap to make the game seem like it’s evolving. Really need to take queues from Blizzard and even Riot Games in their transparent and comprehensive methods.

(edited by Zelta.6829)

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Odesseus.1472

Odesseus.1472

So I found this thread after thinking I was losing my mind. Everything is jerky and not pretty. Now, I have a Mac so I’m used to getting the short end, so I figure it’s just the Mac beta. But then people with water-!^%@^!-cooled PCs are suffering and I think, hunh. Then I read about turning off the UI and I’m like YESYESYES! It’s so smooooth and pretty and FAST (30fps, stop giggling). Then I turn the UI back on and it’s like ffffffffffff It’s slow and choppy and I have to turn off EVERYTHING to be able to play it and everyone looks like amorphous blobs and the texture looks like Castle Wolfenstein (the original) and it’s down to 10-15fps just milling about in LA. WvW looks like a bad gif at times. I cast and 3 seconds later I see the skill pop. Sigh. Castle Wolfenstein ain’t lookin’ so bad …

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: LordEnki.9283

LordEnki.9283

Hey guys, it’s our one week anniversary since we could play the game. I feel like we should have a cake or something.

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Smartcat.2130

Smartcat.2130

one week and still no solution or update…
I’m going back to play skyrim. Let me know when Anet do their jobs.

define normal…

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: DooKDiKz.6031

DooKDiKz.6031

When to fix it I want to play, please

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Oraith.1732

Oraith.1732

I mean we can always roleplay GW2 and see how that goes.

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Fhaeris.9237

Fhaeris.9237

I just upgraded from a 5670 to a R7 260x and the game became unplayable, 10-15 fps. Hiding UI does absolutely nothing.
I just returned from a 2 months break, but it seems Anet don’t want me to play their game.

(edited by Fhaeris.9237)

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Mecha Phoenix.1469

Mecha Phoenix.1469

Hi, so I’d like to report on the same issue. Before the patch: 45-50ish FPS on mostly medium settings 1440×900. After the patch: FPS between 20 and 35 on lowest settings 1440×900.
And yes, disabling the UI bumps the FPS up massively. I’m guessing to the ‘before’ values. I love the game and was impressed how the graphics and perfomance run soo good on my laptop. But this is game braking for me because it is never in the smooth FPS range long enough and plus uglier then before due to lowest setting . At least, I am glad that they are working on it.

My system:
i7 @ 2.10Ghz 8CPUs
Memory: 8GB
Graphics: Radeon HD 7650M

Ruins of Surmia – EU