FPS DROP after Patch

FPS DROP after Patch

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: alteriel valie.4751

alteriel valie.4751

I don’t know what’s going on but i am still having issues,low fps everywhere…never had fps problem before patch,my problem started two days after patch and even now isn’t fixed!!
My gpu is HD radeon 7850 2g oc edition,latest drivers installed!!
Gpu activity is at 99% and don’t know why!!!
Any advice will be helpful!!!

Attachments:

(edited by alteriel valie.4751)

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Elbin X.9407

Elbin X.9407

FPS are back

from 20-25FPS to 50+FPS

its like my Birthday!!!!!

wait today is my Birthday

thx alot

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: DooKDiKz.6031

DooKDiKz.6031

why i still have low fps 10-15 T_T help me please!! my gpu is radeon HD 6670 2g

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Fozis.5316

Fozis.5316

This did not fix my issuse but then again my FPS did just go up 2-5 fps with UI off
My computer
AMD FX8350 overclocked to 4.5ghz
MSI R9 270+ overclocked
With latest drivers installed

Problem started after patch
Before patch 45- 60 FPS in high populated areas on high settings
After patch 18 – 25 FPS in high populated areas
And my GPU activity is 99%
In other games i have 100 – 200 FPS on high

(edited by Fozis.5316)

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Ana.2415

Ana.2415

Thanks you so much! Finally I can play! and even I have more FPS than before \o/

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: santialonso.3125

santialonso.3125

Issue is fixed for me.

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

iMac 2011 (mid) playing in OSX – fixed.

Thank you very much.

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

FPS DROP after Patch

alteriel valie.4751

This did not fix my issuse but then again my FPS did just go up 2-5 fps with UI off
My computer
MSI R9 270+ overclocked

I sent support an email,waiting for an answer!!!

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Anandira.8756

Anandira.8756

Not to rain on the parade but…. No noticable improvement for me either. Even after this fix my FPS still goes from 40-50 to 15-10.

Recruiting for raid team here.

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Sephas.8793

Sephas.8793

Was anyone else getting a crash of the AMD video drivers from this issue, and if GW2 was relaunched, it would BSOD shortly after? I logged in this morning and the video driver didn’t crash on me. I thought it was because I did a system restore to before the issue started, but I saw the patch notes and then I saw this thread…

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Titan.8215

Titan.8215

Thank you so much Anet, the problem is fixed for me.
I can enjoy again of my favorite game.

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Phyllo.3174

Phyllo.3174

thank you the fps issue is fixed for me

The very first recorded versions of Phyllo Dough are in Turkish cuisine.

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Purecura.1795

Purecura.1795

We found the source of the problem. Frametime should be back to pre 3/10 patch times.
It was a bit harder to track since the issue only manifested itself on specific hardware configurations.
This thread was of great help to track the problem. Thanks!
Once again, We apologize for the inconvenience.

OMG!!! My FPS is back to normal! Thank you so much and give my thanks to everyone who worked hard to resolve this issue!!!

Lv.80 Chronomancer (Mesmerist Palamecia)
Lv.80 Scrapper (Alchemist Persenia)
Lv.80 Druid (Mender Zalintyre)

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

I’m not going re-type the same FPS drop info everyone else has already stated.

However I want to chime in with the following. Im running a dual screen setup adn often run Firefox with gazzillion tabs open and stream video on the side screen. Before the patches I was doing this with out a glitch and a steady FPS. Now if I run a youtube clip on the side the FPS will take major dive. Closin FF will affect FPS in big (positive) way. This is not a performance issue on my rig and only started happening afte the latest set of patches.

Makes me wonder why running a web browser now would cause these FPS issues?

I actually just tested this and closing down FF with 5 tabs open (no video content) caused a 30 FPS rise.

Opening a site like Dulfy with Flash content (ads, banners etc) will cause a immediate 25-30 FPS drop. (Oh btw, running game in windowed mode)

Just feels like a darn too good of a accident to not be flash related. (wasn’t there a flash update just last week?) Sharing issues or crossing wires with anything you guys might be using?

They don’t use Flash in the game. Actually no one uses flash anymore. Unsecure and outdated.

Not totally true, several softwares and websites still use Flash. Anyway, even though the game doesn’t use Flash, any other application using it opened along with the game can cause FPS drop. I also have noted Firefox eating up some RAM and it surely affects FPS too, then I have always not ran both at the same time. I don’t mean that this is the issue everyone else is having, but it’s sure and truly that other softwares, either they have Flash or not, can yes affect game’s FPS.

If a site still uses Flash, their web designer is horrible. No need for flash anymore.

Then you are misinformed and this way you offend several web designers out there (for your information, even some of the ads used by Google and others are Flash based). There still a plenty of things that cannot be done without Flash, HTML 5 hasn’t evolved that far to completely trash out Flash. Anyway, I won’t go further on this to not derail this thread.

FPS DROP after Patch

shadow.6174

We found the source of the problem. Frametime should be back to pre 3/10 patch times.
It was a bit harder to track since the issue only manifested itself on specific hardware configurations.

All the hard work is really appreciated and thank you (even though I wasn’t so affected). I would really think it would take longer given the complexity of this issue. Great work there and good job everyone who helped with reports.

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Del.4309

Del.4309

Fixed for me aswel thank you.

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: kindofabuzz.9357

kindofabuzz.9357

However I want to chime in with the following. Im running a dual screen setup adn often run Firefox with gazzillion tabs open and stream video on the side screen. Before the patches I was doing this with out a glitch and a steady FPS. Now if I run a youtube clip on the side the FPS will take major dive. Closin FF will affect FPS in big (positive) way. This is not a performance issue on my rig and only started happening afte the latest set of patches.

I actually just tested this and closing down FF with 5 tabs open (no video content) caused a 30 FPS rise.

Opening a site like Dulfy with Flash content (ads, banners etc) will cause a immediate 25-30 FPS drop. (Oh btw, running game in windowed mode)

Just feels like a darn too good of a accident to not be flash related. (wasn’t there a flash update just last week?) Sharing issues or crossing wires with anything you guys might be using?

They don’t use Flash in the game. Actually no one uses flash anymore. Unsecure and outdated.

Not totally true, several softwares and websites still use Flash. Anyway, even though the game doesn’t use Flash, any other application using it opened along with the game can cause FPS drop. I also have noted Firefox eating up some RAM and it surely affects FPS too, then I have always not ran both at the same time. I don’t mean that this is the issue everyone else is having, but it’s sure and truly that other softwares, either they have Flash or not, can yes affect game’s FPS.

If a site still uses Flash, their web designer is horrible. No need for flash anymore.

Then you are misinformed and this way you offend several web designers out there (for your information, even some of the ads used by Google and others are Flash based). There still a plenty of things that cannot be done without Flash, HTML 5 hasn’t evolved that far to completely trash out Flash. Anyway, I won’t go further on this to not derail this thread.

What are ads?

FPS DROP after Patch

Anandira.8756

Can a dev please state if that was the extent of the fix or if someone is still working on this?

Not trying to be kitten here I see that some people are alright with the fix, merely asking so those of us who still have very low fps know if they have to move on or not.

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Kysin.6349

Kysin.6349

I can’t say that I am back 100% (still seem to be down about an average of 10 FPS (still jumped up about 40 FPS though)), but that could be a part of the camera changes. Either way, thanks for the hard work Anet crew, much more enjoyable to play now!

Co-leader of Knights of Eminence[Sir] – PvX
Reap The Weak[Reap] – WvW 5-man havok
-Blackgate

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Halcyon.7352

Halcyon.7352

I actually noticed a massive fps increase with Monday’s patch.

I was getting a full 25-30 frames at full Karka Queen this week, which never happens. Many other world bosses too.

I haven’t played much today since the newest hotfix 16 hours ago hit, which supposedly addressed performance issues. But I really really hope I am not negatively affected.

I’ve done nothing locally besides virus updates and a single windows update, so it’s highly unlikely a change on my end.

Tarnished Coast Engineer and… general alt-o-holic.

For the toast!

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

It went up but it’s still slightly lower than before.

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: SadisticTurtle.2450

SadisticTurtle.2450

Ty <3 maybe its just me after a week of horrendous fps, but it seems even better than before

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: ikereid.4637

ikereid.4637

It is fixed. Even my tablet is getting 30FPS again.

Whatever the issue was, thank you for fixing it.

But the one issue that remains is the FPS for UI windows (Trading post, Guild, Inventory, Hero Pane…ect) is still there. I am seeing 10FPS drop for each of those windows open still.

But the other issue, hiding the UI to gain FPS back, is not an issue anymore. There is now only a 10FPS difference between showing/hiding the UI now.

Desktop: 4790k@4.6ghz-1.25v, AMD 295×2, 32GB 1866CL10 RAM, 850Evo 500GB SSD
Laptop: M6600 – 2720QM, AMD HD6970M, 32GB 1600CL9 RAM, Arc100 480GB SSD

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Odesseus.1472

Odesseus.1472

I would like to give a huge THANK YOU to the staff who’ve been patient with the board and kept us informed and to the staff that tracked it down and fixed it. It seems that not only are my framerates fixed, but they are actually a bit better. Wooot!

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

Just checking in to say that this seems to have fixed my issues. Sympathies to people who are still having issues, though!

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

FPS DROP after Patch

alteriel valie.4751

I’ve fixed it with the help from support!!
My gpu Bus Interface was at PCI-Express 3.0 x16 @ x1 1.1 and not at PCI-Express 3.0 x16 @ x16 3.0 i remove the card,put it back and boom back to 60+fps!!
Folks open a ticket and they will help you!!!

FPS DROP after Patch

shadow.6174

What are ads?

I mean advertisement. Several banners and advertisements on several websites out there still uses Flash (just confirmed, even dulfy.net has flash based ad banners). But well, that’s a different discussion then let’s not derail the thread.

(edited by shadow.6174)

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: DooKDiKz.6031

DooKDiKz.6031

My computer
MSI R9 270+ overclocked

thank you

FPS DROP after Patch

alteriel valie.4751

My computer
MSI R9 270+ overclocked

thank you

First of all check two posts above and you see that i’ve fixed my problem
Now how they help me…
They sent me a link and downloaded an .exe to test computer and connection,after i run the test i sent them back a file with the results!!
Everything was ok and then i sent them a screenshot of my gpu,screenshot was taken with Gpu-Z and they found my problem!!
My gpu wasn’t fit well in PCI-Express slot!!!!!
Sent them an email and describe exactly your issues and they will find a solution!!

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Awesome, can enjoy the game again how it should be played Thanks for the fix.

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Naevius.3185

Naevius.3185

Seems to be fixed for me. FPS is back to where it was, and I’m not seeing memory crashes.

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Exylia.3814

Exylia.3814

i still have the prob.. i had 50-55 fps now i have 35-40 fps which drops to 10-15

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: FelipeRomero.4267

Previous

FelipeRomero.4267

Lead Engine Programmer

Next

I’ve fixed it with the help from support!!
My gpu Bus Interface was at PCI-Express 3.0 x16 @ x1 1.1 and not at PCI-Express 3.0 x16 @ x16 3.0 i remove the card,put it back and boom back to 60+fps!!
Folks open a ticket and they will help you!!!

Good to hear! I was looking into your case and it made no sense to me that you were getting bad framerate with your hardware configuration.. the latest catalyst drivers have been our for a while (Omega 14.12 12/8/2014). I assumed that wasn’t the case.

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: FelipeRomero.4267

Previous

FelipeRomero.4267

Lead Engine Programmer

i still have the prob.. i had 50-55 fps now i have 35-40 fps which drops to 10-15

What’s your hardware configuration?

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Tigaseye.2047

Tigaseye.2047

Patience is out the window at this point. People have a right to be upset as customers. I’ve found plenty of other things to do, but that doesn’t take away the fact that this situation is bull crap. I mean it’s not like this is the first and only time they’ve pushed a patch out that broke the game. It doesn’t make people bad, bored, or pathetic to be upset about this situation. I mean we’ve not heard a thing in several days except second hand information. To the couple attacking everyone in the thread now for being upset, I know at least one of you was just as upset last week so give it a rest. If you don’t like what people have to say you aren’t required to comment on it telling them how they are wasting everyone’s time and are wrong. Speaking of, it’s obviously a waste of time for me coming back here since those very few toxic people have started attacking people. I love GW2, but this is unacceptable especially when you factor in the complete and usual lack of communication from Anet. Good luck guys I hope you get your game fixed.

Shut up and play. It’s fixed.

Keep being a fanboy kiddo.

Lol what does that even mean? A fan of the game? Yeah it’s ok. Keep being a kitten b-boy.

A “fanboy” is someone who blindly supports something (in this case a games company/game) and puts the blind defence of that thing above their fellow human beings’ opinions/feelings.

Typically, a “fanboy” will appear to receive people’s complaints about the thing in question as something akin to a personal attack and will respond accordingly.

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

(edited by Tigaseye.2047)

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Exylia.3814

Exylia.3814

intel i5 3550
ati radeon HD 7870 gigabyte (1450mhz mem clock, 1130mhz gpu clock)
8 gb ram
win 7 64bit

without the UI enabled i have a slightly improvement

i’m also using the right bus interface

Attachments:

(edited by Exylia.3814)

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Monkey Fritz.9052

Monkey Fritz.9052

Patience is out the window at this point. People have a right to be upset as customers. I’ve found plenty of other things to do, but that doesn’t take away the fact that this situation is bull crap. I mean it’s not like this is the first and only time they’ve pushed a patch out that broke the game. It doesn’t make people bad, bored, or pathetic to be upset about this situation. I mean we’ve not heard a thing in several days except second hand information. To the couple attacking everyone in the thread now for being upset, I know at least one of you was just as upset last week so give it a rest. If you don’t like what people have to say you aren’t required to comment on it telling them how they are wasting everyone’s time and are wrong. Speaking of, it’s obviously a waste of time for me coming back here since those very few toxic people have started attacking people. I love GW2, but this is unacceptable especially when you factor in the complete and usual lack of communication from Anet. Good luck guys I hope you get your game fixed.

Lol what does that even mean? A fan of the game? Yeah it’s ok. Keep being a kitten b-boy.

A “fanboy” is someone who blindly supports something (in this case a games company/game) and puts the blind defence of that thing above their fellow human beings’ opinions/feelings.

Typically, a “fanboy” will appear to receive people’s complaints about the thing in question as something akin to a personal attack and will respond accordingly.

You missed the point of his query completely. He was called a “fanboy” for telling the guy complaining about this issue that it has already been fixed. It makes no sense at all why he would trash mouth him. The issue was fixed, before the big rant about them not fixing the issue and threatening to leave the game because of it.

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

I dont have a fancy high end gaming PC like most people but my graphics card is ok. Its a AMD Radeon HD 6520G Graphics card in my laptop.

I can usually achieve 30-35FPS even 40FPS all on high settings, just under the Subsample graphic choice.

Now I only get 20-22 FPS MAX, even on the lowest settings!!! Even in areas where there arent any players and when facing a wall! This has virtually made the game unplayable for me. This sucks because GW2 is the only mmo THAT LOOKS DECENT on my crappy laptop.

ANET what is going on!?!? I have been playing for 2 years with no graphical issues till now, I hope a remedy is on its way because Im stuck with no MMO now.

I have a mid-upper machine and even with my SSD and extremely fast internet the game will slow to slow-motion when in any zerg on any map.

The whole map has been dumped out summarily – which gives the faster computers getting back into WvW a huge advantage and leaving the door open for abuse.

This isn’t a complaining issue, it’s a mechanical issue on Anet’s side that isn’t working as intended.

Open the pipe on your side Anet and stop ignoring the lack of bandwidth needed to run the game properly on your side; extremely fast machines and insanely fast internet can’t help when the company has insanely low bandwidth feeds up and down.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Please read my recent posting, it has little to nothing to do with the machines – mine does the same thing and I am faster than most here.

It’s about the bandwidth – I and millions of others have no problems with other games or other intense bandwidth offerings but with GW2 it’s all about the company’s side, the servers and more importantly the backbone speed and allocations given to the game which are not, not, not, not enough.

I am a computer hardware professional and for this company to keep pointing back to users whose computers are leaps and bounds beyond what is necessary to not have slow motion in WvW or even in PvE with any world boss is not the fault nor in the control of the end user, is more than insulting, but moreover begs the question about what * "expert"* do you have on your side lying to you????

If the company refuses to comprehend simple bandwidth, players will leave in droves eventually – and they won’t be coming back. So many I know have already and some guilds and servers are gutted by the lack of reality there at the place where it can all be fixed – the server/backbone side.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Tigaseye.2047

Tigaseye.2047

You missed the point of his query completely. He was called a “fanboy” for telling the guy complaining about this issue that it has already been fixed. It makes no sense at all why he would trash mouth him. The issue was fixed, before the big rant about them not fixing the issue and threatening to leave the game because of it.

No, I didn’t miss the point, I know what he was trying to say.

But he also was very rude and claimed, or pretended, to not know what the term “fanboy” meant, so I explained it so he will not be able to try to claim that in future.

…and the issue hasn’t been fixed for me either, BTW.

I’m still experiencing terrible lag and fps issues, despite having resorted to getting a free trial from ReduceTheLag, on the advice of ANet to another customer.

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: RebelsDawn.6803

RebelsDawn.6803

After the patch, things have improved but they still aren’t where they were before hand.

During a full night in the silverwastes I was getting on average 20-25fps yesterday, and during battles it would drop to 5-9 fps on default camera settings on highest graphics quality. During loading screens its hitting 50-60fps.

I’m not sure if it’s my system or something else.

Specs are
i7-4790k
gigabyte z97-soc-force
16gb ddr3-1600
gtx 780 sc 4gb
with the game on a solid state by itself.

Any advice or recommendations are greatly appreciated since I’m pulling my hair out at this point. Though I do have to say since the fix the game is at least playable in regards to fps.
I will be able to respond in about 11 hours or so (heading out to work)

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Demoniser.2604

Demoniser.2604

I get go down from 50+ fps to 20-35 fps in about 10 minutes!
Please fix this.

pc :
video card : AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series
Processor : Intel® Core™ i5-3550 CPU @ 3.30GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.3GHz
8bit ram
system type 64 bit

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Lilywhite.6397

Lilywhite.6397

After the patch I was experiencing the same FPS issues as prior. I updated to the latest nVidia driver and logged back in. At that point I was back to normal. When I got back on later in the evening, my FPS had tanked again. It’s still in the dumpster.

I’m on an i7-4770k with 16GB of RAM and an Nvidia GTX 750 Ti.

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: djr.4568

djr.4568

Well I am on an old laptop. However my FPS is still messed up, down by about 40%.

Since this was claimed to be fixed, I have noticed that the FPS rather than being fairly stable now fluctuates wildly from totally unplayable (2!) to 30-40, even in same areas.

I know I need to update the laptop for a new one but prior to the patch I had no issues with FPS (was always 30 plus except in massive wvw zergs).

GeForce 9600M GT – (DxDiag finds no issues with display adapter)

FPS DROP after Patch

Anandira.8756

Same here as above. I contacted support who told me to update my drivers, which I did, and unfortunately that did not fix the problem.

When I log on a map my FPS is fine for about a minute, then it goes down to 10FPS and even lower in LA.

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Knox.3126

Knox.3126

Still having problems since the update. any one have any tips. my fps is all over the place from 6 to 60, also the screen keeps jerking when ever i walk. heres my rig

GeForce GTX 460m
Intel® Core™ i7 CPU Q740 @ 1.73GHz
6.00 GB RAM (5.93 GB usable)
1366 × 768, 120Hz
Microsoft Windows 7

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Galeskyring.9617

Galeskyring.9617

Still having problems since the update. any one have any tips. my fps is all over the place from 6 to 60, also the screen keeps jerking when ever i walk. heres my rig

GeForce GTX 460m
1366 × 768, 120Hz
Microsoft Windows 7

Have you tried cleaning you disk, or fragmenting it, making sure everything is up to date? Not just the drivers, as doing these things seemed to help with frame rate but its still rather capped at 15-25 average fps when before the patch it was better. I have a feeling its partially broken still even though it was said to be fixed.

Honor, Kindness, Patience, are Virtues; Virtues are practiced~ Loyalty & respect are earned

Regard others as you would normally, the internet is not justification for mistreating others

FPS DROP after Patch

Knox.3126

GeForce GTX 460m
1366 × 768, 120Hz
Microsoft Windows 7

Have you tried cleaning you disk, or fragmenting it, making sure everything is up to date? Not just the drivers, as doing these things seemed to help with frame rate but its still rather capped at 15-25 average fps when before the patch it was better. I have a feeling its partially broken still even though it was said to be fixed.

Ok so I had done all that already, but I just tried running a system error check just for the heck of it to see what would happen and that did the trick for me, running at 82 fps again. its good to be back!

for any one who might also want to try this go to my computer right lick your OS go to properties, click on the tools tab and click error checking. your going to also want to click scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors. then just restart your computer. this can take a long time to run

(edited by Knox.3126)

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Galeskyring.9617

Galeskyring.9617

GeForce GTX 460m
1366 × 768, 120Hz
Microsoft Windows 7

Ok so I had done all that already, but I just tried running a system error check just for the heck of it to see what would happen and that did the trick for me, running at 82 fps again. its good to be back!

for any one who might also want to try this go to my computer right lick your OS go to properties, click on the tools tab and click error checking. your going to also want to click scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors. then just restart your computer. this can take a long time to run

Still running strong? anything I’ve found that works only works for like 1-2 log ins then reverts to being throttled frames, and its getting tiresome to slap kick and punch things to make it work only for it to fall back into that rut the next moment.

Honor, Kindness, Patience, are Virtues; Virtues are practiced~ Loyalty & respect are earned

Regard others as you would normally, the internet is not justification for mistreating others

FPS DROP after Patch

Knox.3126

GeForce GTX 460m
1366 × 768, 120Hz
Microsoft Windows 7

Still running strong? anything I’ve found that works only works for like 1-2 log ins then reverts to being throttled frames, and its getting tiresome to slap kick and punch things to make it work only for it to fall back into that rut the next moment.

yeah this is still working for me