FPS DROP after Patch

FPS DROP after Patch

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Domino.1359

Domino.1359

My FPS has dropped significantly since I moved to a different city a week ago. Before I moved I could play my normal routine (spvp only) on medium settings with no problems (like this for a year)

At first I thought it was the super slow internet speed, so I upgraded to 50/5 and STILL nothing has changed it.

I have a basic rig that has treated me well since last year with all things GW2.
Windows 8.1 64 bit
i5 quad Haswell 3.2ghz
8gb ram
HD graphics that came with the i5 (I know – who uses this? well it’s been pretty awesome for what I’ve been using it for – no complaints! lol)

My question is: since I last played, why has my FPS been so bad? Nothing has changed, my computer was boxed up soundly. All is still in good shape.

Any opinions welcome.

An update: in all matches since yesterday, I’ve been watching my fps. FPS drops to around 10-13 and ping at 250-350 during skirmishes – this wasn’t the case at all a few weeks ago. It doesn’t matter the time. I can do a match in the morning and then one in the afternoon or late night.

Also, the BLT is extremely slow opening up. It takes 10-15, even 20 seconds for it to load, and 5 or so seconds to sell something.

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Kyumess.5147

Kyumess.5147

So… nothing new ?
I still have the same problem

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: gkara.8047

gkara.8047

Anyone find some sort of fix? I just bought the latest HP Omen gaming laptop to be able to play Guild Wars 2 on the go because it has more than enough specs for that and I too notice this horrible frame rate problem. My laptop has an intel and Nvidia Geforce GTX 960M card and runs games like Sims4 great but then I get this issue with Guild Wars 2 where it’s really annoying to play because of the constant frame-rate dip. I used to be able to play this on my MacBook Air Mid 2012 with an intel Graphics HD 4000 and the frames were actually normal. I noticed it was now awful on my MacBook, averaging like 7 frames per second when it used to run fine. A major reason I got this gaming laptop was because I thought my MacBook could not handle Guild Wars 2, when now I remember it was always able to. ARENANET NEEDS TO FIX THIS ASAP. IT SEEMS LIKE IT HAS BEEN ALMOST A YEAR WITH THE SAME ISSUE from what I see in these forums. I will NOT be buying the expansion pack if there is no fix soon considering a major reason I bought this gaming laptop was for GW2. This is ridiculous.

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Moderat.4635

Moderat.4635

Yeah, same problem here and 4 of my friends.

I played this game since the day it was released with decent 60+ fps but now it’s simply unplayable with less than 30 fps on the EXACT same PC.
It would be acceptable a 5 or 10 fps drop after the update but seeing the UI eating this much fps is insane!

It’s just impossible to play this game with this frame rate and I don’t see this getting fixed any time soon.

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Nessunaltro.1089

Nessunaltro.1089

Still waiting for a fix, that’s really annoying now. I would really love to play the game and especially the expansion when it comes out.
We cant play with 5~7 fps.
Atleast tell us if you guys are working on it or we’re waiting for nothing.

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: LukeFiasco.9758

LukeFiasco.9758

For a while my performance had been normal with 60+ fps in almost all regions and around 40+ in LA. Now suddenly my FPS is cut in half again.
Hope they are aware of this.
Playing on a 3570k OC to 4.7ghz, 16gigs ram, and a OC’ed Sapphire HD 7970.

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Gravox the Terrible.2157

Gravox the Terrible.2157

Game becomes unplayable at Tequatl again. Rubberbanding chronic skill lag, why do these problems keep coming back with every second patch? Game plays until that map is full, then it’s unplayable. Turning all graphic options to low does nothing, it’s just a fun couple of minutes watching the skill bar flash like a christmas tree and randomly changing location on map until death. Then wait for another few minutes while the server decides whether you are allowed to waypoint or not. Good times. AAA.

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: maloki.3527

maloki.3527

I have just repaired the game, and ended up with 5-20 fps in Rata Sum.

Worst thing with these FPS drop issues is that you start to question your own rig, not realizing it’s the game (at first).

Maloki – Asura Necro/Sylvari Ele –
@Farshiverpeaks
You’re dumb. You’ll die, and you’ll leave a dumb corpse

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Sphynx.3150

Sphynx.3150

Totally agree with all of this.
I just came back after a 6 month break, and i’m not having it.
Started the game, was like what the hell is going on with the framerate?

Was at 140+ fps Constantly with max settings before i stopped playing.
After comming back it’s jumping between 40-90 with low settings, and it feels slow/sluggish/clunky.

I got mad and logged off, after an hour i decided to go in and play some more with the settings. With no sucess, got mad again and closed the game.

I will deffinately not buy the expansion, and i wont play at all until something gets done.

I have spent lots of money in the gem store, bought gw2 veteran copy and so on.

My rig:

Intel i7 4770k Haswell
EVGA GTX 780 Ti – SC Factory
16 Gb Corsair Dominator
SSD for Gw2/OS, Mechanical HDD for the rest

An update to the mather would be a start.

/ Sphynx

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Kevin.2178

Kevin.2178

Back after a 3 months break and I experience fps drops.

Playing on a MSI Laptop: i7-4700HQ @2.4GHz 16GB RAM GeForce GTX 765M & SSD

I usually have around 50-70fps in dungeons, but after a few min. ingame my fps drop every 60seconds to like 9-11fps.

I have the latest drivers for everything, double checked it. I am running Windows 10 without any issues so far. Every other game i play (CS:GO, Skyforge, Witcher 3, GTA V, GW1) runs smoothly without any fps drops. It is only GW2 which has this kind of problem, seriously it is always GW2 having some kind of messed up bs, either constant lag issues or fps drops for no certain reason. I am glad i didn’t buy HoT yet, cos i probably won’t touch a game which can’t be played properly.

Oh and I contacted the support, let’s see if they care/do sth. about it…

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: wikblood.4629

wikblood.4629

sorry i m from germany ( bad englich)
I had the same problem.
i fix the cpu speed to the max cpu speed. (bios)
before the cpu ratio on 0,87 ghz (quad core) 12-23 fps on min
now cpu ratio on 3,7 ghz on all cores 72-86 fps on max
not clocked automatically to the max cpu speed
xenon 1230 v3
gtx 970
8gb ram

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: xCiosba.3960

xCiosba.3960

Same problem for me, at the moment I’m doing 5-10 fps(Lions Arch map), but normally I do 30-50 fps.
My specs are: i5 3570k, 7970 ghz edition and 8gb ram

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Ceres.5378

Ceres.5378

Same here, running on an i7 3930k overclocked @ 4.8 GHz, MSI GTX 970 4g 2-way SLI, 16 GB ram and i get around 30-40 fps at lion’s arch, i mean, are you for real guys? XD
Here we have a clear cpu bottlenecking situation, but the only thing that comes to my mind is either a very, VERY poor optimization or a bad script in the “new marvelous UI”.
The problem is that i see this post is already more than 6 months old, and since the new patch i got even worse fps drops, especially in populated areas, and i know it’s not unplayable at 35 fps, but realizing i get to run the Witcher 3 at 1080p Ultra settings at 80+ fps with my rig, to me it looks like they’re not really doing very much to correct what they’ve ruined in the last few big patches… I don’t think i’m asking too much when i say just to check what script is so kitten heavy for the processing unit, and correct it, but it also seems i’m wrong.
It’s a shame, it’s really a shame seeing a game with this potential being ignored so blissfully, with just a little attention so much could be done for one of the first not-toxic-as-nuclear-waste communities of gamers…

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: turtens.3201

turtens.3201

Came back after like 6 months break to find out i now run ~10 fps in lions arch. How is this taking so long?

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Polecat.9756

Polecat.9756

I have what I think is the same problem, the fps is around 10 ish and can´t really play with that low. Do not think I had this problem when this post was created but having them now (playing really spotty with months inbetween).

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: fireflyry.7023

fireflyry.7023

Same issue with me.

Have tweaked and set everything to low settings but have experienced a huge FPS wack some time in the last few months. It just makes no sense as every other game I play, including other newer/older MMO’s have maintained there constant FPS over exactly the same time period. Process of elimination says it’s a change to the game at fault, not my rig.

Still within my right of return period and might ask for a refund on HoT if it stays like this. Love this game but can’t justify playing a slide-show when other games are running fine, as this game used to.

If your having adventurer problems I feel bad for you son, I dodged 99 arrows till my knee took one.

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: LSharp.2643

LSharp.2643

same problem here.I’m very regretful for bought hot…

game is unplayable..

ill make video soon.and will upload youtube for everyone see that..

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Phazon.7169

Phazon.7169

Got the same problem with a R9 290 and i5-4590 with 8go of RAM. Average 10-20 FPS in ultra and 40-50 in low.

That’s totally incredible. I quitted the game 2 years ago just bought the expansion to come back in the game and now I have to deal with an awful game experience? How can it be like that?

Arenanet is aware of that matter? Did they make any public annoucements?

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Hydro Mech.3471

Hydro Mech.3471

Yea, got a HUGE FPS drop after this patch. Use to get 70 fps, now I get 4. WTF is going on?!?!?!?!

Man, I know I’m gonna get got, but I’m gonna get mine more than I get got dough.

Make somebody who makes feel everybody feel a somebody.

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: LordEnki.9283

LordEnki.9283

Add me back to this problem after the most recent patch. I really don’t want to deal with this again after what it took when the HUD was causing this problem a few months ago.

FPS DROP after Patch

LordEnki.9283

Add me back to this problem after the most recent patch. I really don’t want to deal with this again after what it took when the HUD was causing this problem a few months ago.

Update: Game is unplayable today on 32 or 64 bit clients. Everything was fine before update and now 10-20 FPS if I’m lucky.

(edited by LordEnki.9283)

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Veltoss.9135

Veltoss.9135

Did this ever improve for anyone, or did anyone ever find a fix? I just returned from a fairly long break and was hoping to get HoT and start playing again. In Lion’s Arch I’m getting 10-20 FPS on max settings and 40~ on minimum settings. I used to be able to get 60~ on max before.

Edit: Ran GW2 repair, no difference.

Blackgate

(edited by Veltoss.9135)

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

In the pvp I get 15 fps less than when the game was released on Mac, at a lower resolution and at less details. All the updates had a negative impact on the framerate.

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Eccron.7641

Eccron.7641

Same problem here. Suddenly I just get 12 fps(in normal open-world content), which results in a feeling of seasickness. oO What happened? I didn’t experience any fps-issues before.

FPS DROP after Patch

LordEnki.9283

Did this ever improve for anyone, or did anyone ever find a fix? I just returned from a fairly long break and was hoping to get HoT and start playing again. In Lion’s Arch I’m getting 10-20 FPS on max settings and 40~ on minimum settings. I used to be able to get 60~ on max before.

Edit: Ran GW2 repair, no difference.

No improvement here. I still can’t play any of the expansion maps (since the patch) and some others. However on other maps I get -90fps. I mean I get at least 45 at the lowest during a full map Maw event with the snow blowing around and everything. Go to Cursed Shore and 15-20fps and sick to my stomach. GPU-Z checks out great and my settings are all on lowest anyway. I’m kind of starting to lose hope as there doesn’t seem to be enough of us to validate the problem created.

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/external?l=https%3A%2F%2Fhelp.guildwars2.com%2Fentries%2F91354558-How-to-Address-Lag

More than likely this is more of an individual issue. Check out the link above it is a troubleshooting page Anet made last year and may be helpful in helping you figure it out.

I only say this is an individual issue because if it was a server side issue everyone would have problems. Please don’t flame me for saying this…. It’s just how things work….

FPS DROP after Patch

LordEnki.9283

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/external?l=https%3A%2F%2Fhelp.guildwars2.com%2Fentries%2F91354558-How-to-Address-Lag

More than likely this is more of an individual issue. Check out the link above it is a troubleshooting page Anet made last year and may be helpful in helping you figure it out.

I only say this is an individual issue because if it was a server side issue everyone would have problems. Please don’t flame me for saying this…. It’s just how things work….

No flaming I promise, but I know I’ve been through this personally and no resolution. However, it’s nice of you to post this information as a lot of people may not know about it. It only showed up after patch for me. I also have to bring up the not so distant time that only certain people were having FPS issues for like 10 days unless they disabled the HUD which was eventually fixed. I am curious how many of us are amongst those who had that same problem then even though the first thing I did was try it without the HUD. It doesn’t seem to be the same problem this time.

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: angryangel.8541

angryangel.8541

I took a break for a couple of weeks to see if they would fix the issue, since the game had pretty much become unplayable, but I see LA is still sitting at about 12 FPS and it’s giving me a headache just to walk around with my character. This is just silly. And no, since this happened right after a patch and NOTHING had changed about my system, I don’t think this is an “individual” issue, I’m sorry.

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: daft inquisitor.1605

daft inquisitor.1605

And no, since this happened right after a patch and NOTHING had changed about my system, I don’t think this is an “individual” issue, I’m sorry.

Did you update any graphics card drivers? Because that would be a change (and a significant one), and would also be an “individual” issue. (I.e., something that inexplicably affects a single person or a small number of people, but the issue cannot be replicated widely.)

Also, if you HAVEN’T updated your graphics card drivers recently, you should try that to see if it helps.

Baelyyrn [Zero Brigade]
Mechanist Gregory [BEER]
Arondight Unfading [ZB]

FPS DROP after Patch

LordEnki.9283

I took a break for a couple of weeks to see if they would fix the issue, since the game had pretty much become unplayable, but I see LA is still sitting at about 12 FPS and it’s giving me a headache just to walk around with my character. This is just silly. And no, since this happened right after a patch and NOTHING had changed about my system, I don’t think this is an “individual” issue, I’m sorry.

I agree, if anything it’s gotten worse. I’ve been in contact with CS who has been very helpful, but after running all of the test they asked me to run I got the " Your drivers may be out of date causing the problem" response from a different CS person. Which is pretty much the “Did you unplug it and then plug it back in?” of graphics problem answers. Of course that was the first thing I checked in the beginning and they were up to date when I rechecked. I haven’t needed to update them since well before this issue. I’m waiting to hear back now about it, but I’m not feeling especially confident at this point.

FPS DROP after Patch

LordEnki.9283

Update: I’ve been working with CS and they’ve been amazing as usual. It’s hard to pinpoint for sure where my FPS issues are coming from. They even admit it’s possible (not confirming) it could be on their end, but the data you can give them helps. So if nothing else file a ticket, BE PATIENT, and follow their many steps. Even though we aren’t sure why my fps dropped we were able to regain most of it through some simple steps. At least I can play now. Just wanted to update.

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: arthasdeskia.2453

arthasdeskia.2453

Hi All

I know this thread has been going for a while so this might have been posted.
I was getting the same thing after a reinstall of windows and noticed that on multicore processors Windows parks cores that it is not using. I removed this and the fps instantly jumped to over 100 on max settings. I was getting 10 fps before that.

Here is a video that explains how to do it and how to use the tool I used.

Good luck and hope it resolves your issues.

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Sosnaq.7025

Sosnaq.7025

Hello,
Im suprised to see that this thread is like 10 months long and still going..
I had same issue with FPS and it all started after upgrading my account with HoT expansion. Both on my gaming PC and laptop. On pc i had like 130 fps and now its 17 max regardless of graphic settings and the same thing happened on laptop and now its unplayable. Believe or not, but changing graphics settings and and restoring them to default combined with restarting the game helped on gaming pc. Laptop seems to get worse day by day.. any suggestions? And what’s support opinion on this?

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Jayg.5043

Jayg.5043

I won’t make it long since the comments above me are the exact same case, just wanted to raise awareness that this is still a problem, and it makes the game very aggravating to play. There were no problems until the most recent patch.

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: DESTRUCTOR.7246

DESTRUCTOR.7246

ok guys on a different thread, most of the issue is coming from using a logitech gaming mouse, apparently the software causes the FPS issue, after i unchecked the preferences shown in image, frame rate went back to its usual self.

http://i.imgur.com/kmGqHdu.jpg

(edited by DESTRUCTOR.7246)

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Drogles.2708

Drogles.2708

Did anyone ever find a solution to this? I’m stilling getting FPS drops in the game. Usually after 10-15 minutes. It’s basically unplayable.

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: Drogles.2708

Drogles.2708

Did anyone ever find a solution to this? I’m stilling getting FPS drops in the game. Usually after 10-15 minutes. It’s basically unplayable.

FPS DROP after Patch

Posted by: cubilla.8675

cubilla.8675

wow this thread was a long time ago but i have the same problem, a few days ago my fps start droping like hell and now the game is almost unplayable when a week or so i was totally fine, it is sad because i invest alot of money on the game and now i’m not able to play properly cuz the frame drops