[February] Issues with character art, weapons, or armor?

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Serbaayuu.3051

Serbaayuu.3051

http://i.imgur.com/CuhxVgb.jpg

What I’m referring to is the fact that my sword and torch (and it proves true with warhorns, too) are floating about 5 inches off of my hips since yesterday’s first update.

I’m not sure if this is a sylvari-only or ranger-only bug, but I did see a human or norn female with the same issue.

Sylva – 80 Ranger
The Fifth Column [FCol]
Henge of Denravi

Posted by: Lagg.3960

Lagg.3960

Hellooo!

The Challenge: Move Jora’s Defender a little further away on Male Norns. It clips rather rudely with the Nobleman’s Pauldrons (and other large pauldron pieces). What a shame for such a magnificent shield.

I’d suggest moving Jora’s Defender away at the same distance as the default Shield, which seems to share almost the same model. The difference in distance is noticeable when stowed away on the back as well (see animation), Jora’s Defender is simply a little too close to the player model compared to the default Shield.

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED?

Hey, I just bash you, and this is frenzy,
But here’s my Wammo, so heal me maybe?

Posted by: TheMightyReeves.7943

TheMightyReeves.7943

Final Rest Necromancer bug

Sylvari, Female, Necromancer

The black scythe blade that appears when you use the staff 1 skill appears down by my characters hand instead of at the top of the staff like all others.

Attachments:

(edited by TheMightyReeves.7943)

Posted by: Ashariel.8490

Ashariel.8490

One more screenshot to further show how terrible the weighting on the tier 3 light asura armor on the shoulders since the change to the armor last update.

Simple idle animations distort the visuals completely( also try dancing to witness it in its full glory) , making it look terrible from upclose, and even from a fair distance.

I hope you can fix that soon Anet, and not in six months, because right now it looks terrible.

Attachments:

(edited by Ashariel.8490)

Posted by: Mutiny.4180

Mutiny.4180

Race: Charr
Sex: Male
Class: Ranger

When a charr male equips the Stalwart’s Coat model (also named: Slayer’s Coat, Caretaker’s Jacket), their eyes shift upward and partially disappear into their skull. When you remove the coat, this goes away. I’ve narrowed this down to be entirely the fault of the coat. Even with just the coat on and nothing else, the eyes still shift up as seen in the uploaded screens.

I’ve used a makeover kit to see if it happens on other charr body types or faces, and none of them seem to be immune from this. I hope this doesn’t get lost in the end of the month shuffle, because I just got this jacket and I’m really loving it. So, here’s hoping this gets fixed!

Here is an album showing comparison images and the hero panel. I’ve also uploaded the images below, so whichever is the most convenient for the art team!

Attachments:

(edited by Mutiny.4180)

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

One more screenshot to further show how terrible the weighting on the tier 3 light asura armor on the shoulders since the change to the armor last update.

Simple idle animations distort the visuals completely( also try dancing to witness it in its full glory) , making it look terrible from upclose, and even from a fair distance.

I hope you can fix that soon Anet, and not in six months, because right now it looks terrible.

I’d like to add some things to this issue:
-The shoulders are now part of the chest, which simply can’t be what the devs intended. It ruins the dye combinations because it’s now impossible to get the right colors for both the chest and the shoulders pieces.
-The Savant Epaulets are still bugged (invisible for females) and no offense but adding the skin of the epaulets to the chest piece is not a fix, it’s simple an inadequate workaround.
-The ear flaps on the Savant Helmet are huge now, it looks ridiculous..

Please revert the changes. The only thing that needed to be done was fix the savant epaulets for females, nothing more.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

(edited by Windu The Forbidden One.6045)

Posted by: Nefarium.1495

Nefarium.1495

-Norn
-Male
-Warrior
- Clipping issue with the Beta Fractal Capacitor (infused) and the tier 3 norn heavy cultural armor. Not showing the entire back piece

Attachments:

Posted by: Turbofan.4569

Turbofan.4569

Please fix the Nightmare Torch.

As you can see by my screenshot the flame isn’t inside the torch… it’s way off centre.

Pretty dissapointed after spending 210 tokens on it =(

Can someone please fix this? It’s probly the easiest bug you will ever fix. Just centre the flame inside the torch. =/

Just for clarification. It’s the Nightmare Torch., bought with Bloom tokens from Twilight Arbor dungeon.

Attachments:

(edited by Turbofan.4569)

Posted by: Broscience.8412

Broscience.8412

The weapons and some off hands sort of cuts through the fabric of coats. In the picture below you can clearly see the axe on my ranger hiding inside the coat, which I find really annoying when this game is so much about cosmetics. I am currently wearing a full norn t2 set, but this is a common problem with all medium vests/coats. You should really consider either a new weapon placement or a redesign of the medium coats because this just looks ridiculous.

One other thing i’ve noticed is that my backpiece, which is a quiver, and my off hand disappears when I throw my axe. I have no idea if that’s the way it’s supposed to be.. but I don’t really see a reason for why it should disappear just because you throw your axe.

Was quite hard to get a good print for the missing backpiece and off hand..

Attachments:

(edited by Broscience.8412)

Posted by: Sentinel VX.1392

Sentinel VX.1392

Race : Sylvari
Profession : Mesmer (Light Armor)

Nightmare shoes from TA dungeon clip with my sylvari back part of the leg/foot.

You can see there are some blue skin sticking out the shoes.

It clips on both legs on certain stance like when drawing weapon or sometimes when standing still also.

Attachments:

Sea of Sorrow since BWE.

Posted by: Phage The Blighted.6350

Phage The Blighted.6350

Race: Asura
Sex: Male
Class: Engineer

Ear spikes! Four sided pixelated ear spikes! I never had this problem before, and Ive only noticed it once on an NPC, Tonn the demolitionist. And it only seems to be on this character. My other asura don’t have this issue. Strange four sided spikes appeared just in front of his ears. He is wearing a mix of temple and crafted T6 armor transmuted to appear like T1 asura racial. Though the spikes appeared before the transmutation. I swear they weren’t there before. If you can fix it I would appreciate the lack of horrifit horns jutting from his ears. I’m fairly certain he doesn’t have any charr in his bloodline anywhere.

Attachments:

Posted by: Hexxu.8953

Hexxu.8953

Race: Human Female
Class: Necromancer

The necro animation on the staff Final Rest is completely in the wrong spot. (waited so long for it, as did many others, I am a bit heartbroken by this problem and hope it gets fixed soon)

Attachments:

Posted by: BardaTheHobo.9752

BardaTheHobo.9752

Charr
Male
Warrior

Ok so I noticed this in the character select screen after the Christmas event but thought nothing of it until now since im actually trying ot play on this toon. But it seems that the Heritage Warplate is “stuck” red on one portion. It is only this chestplate no others and not on any other characters. PvE or sPvP varient are both effected, using dye remove does nothing nor coloring the chestplate all one color. I have tried deleting all my chestplates and re-transmuting new ones but no luck, I even gave a character appearance remake a whirl but nothing heh.

Attachments:

Dextarr Thunderfuse – Charr Engineer
Rragar Ragehammer – Charr Warrior
Achilles Adrastos – Human Warrior

(edited by BardaTheHobo.9752)

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Its a shame that with the Mad King’s Medium armor, I have to use photoshop to get this effect, when the armor clearly has 2 different main regions and room to have a fourth color selection. Please split up the large color block into two selections!

Attachments:

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: Jason King.2647

Previous

Jason King.2647

Live Response Embed

Thank you for the reports, everyone! This thread will now be closed; please post in the March sticky thread if you have new issues to report.

ArenaNet Community Team
Live Response Embed